• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 12, 2021, 12:24:38 AM
TigerLily told you to put a shirt on as apparently she was eating her lunch. That's what I remember.  You're both lefties so I'm sure she would've shared her sammich.

It was very wounding!  I have struggled with body image ever since I was a kid, scrawny, awkward, terrible posture, always picked last, so pale you can see blue veins everywhere, just to be confident enough to walk around without a shirt when I finally got my act together and got a little sun was a major victory.  Tigery Lily's cruelty -- can you imagine telling someone the sight of their body makes you sick? -- brought it all rushing back and I cried and didn't bake any more cookies for a very very long time.  They are very wicked people over there!

ksm32

Here's thing.

Even if I were to come back here and be exclusive and loyal to BG you fuckers would continue to rake me over the coals at every turn. Like a hazing that never ends. b ;)

Not that it wouldn't be fun..

ksm32

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:34:07 AM
It was very wounding!  I have struggled with body image ever since I was a kid, scrawny, awkward, terrible posture, always picked last, so pale you can see blue veins everywhere, just to be confident enough to walk around without a shirt when I finally got my act together and got a little sun was a major victory.  Tigery Lily's cruelty -- can you imagine telling someone the sight of their body makes you sick? -- brought it all rushing back and I cried and didn't bake any more cookies for a very very long time.  They are very wicked people over there!
Well, KD, for what it's worth - I like you.   And yes she can be quite cruel.  :-\

K_Dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 12, 2021, 12:35:56 AM
Here's thing.

Even if I were to come back here and be exclusive and loyal to BG you fuckers would continue to rake me over the coals at every turn. Like a hazing that never ends. b ;)

Not that it wouldn't be fun..

I would never do that, you are hot and have nice muscles and are therefore always correct in my book.  I am very loyal!

K_Dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 12, 2021, 12:37:39 AM
Well, KD, for what it's worth - I like you.   And yes she can be quite cruel.  :-\

😍😍😍 you've done it now mister

Silphion

Quote from: ksm32 on February 12, 2021, 12:33:33 AM
That was a guess. Not an admission.

We can assume it was either you or him.
You can pass the stick back and forth then.
Both complicit as far as I'm concerned.

The Mastermind is hiding a great deal.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:34:07 AMI have struggled with body image ever since I was a kid, scrawny, awkward, terrible posture, always picked last...

They preferred fat kids? This world is backward in the worst ways.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:34:07 AMCan you imagine [being told that] the sight of [your] body makes [someone] sick?

Yes! Us sweat hogs can, and do experience it too (in certain circles). I saw a photo of myself taken at a braai just last week and was mortified at the sight of my own appearance!!! Selfies taken with the utmost care, and a Tinder profile curated by oneself can make anyone look and feel "normal," whatever that is, anyway.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:38:04 AM
[KSM is] hot and [has] nice muscles...

His muscles are too big - IMHO. But at least he doesn't have a gut dangling over his belt, I guess. We all need love, y'know. Even us amorphous blobs.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Silphion on February 12, 2021, 12:40:15 AM
We can assume it was either you or him.
You can pass the stick back and forth then.
Both complicit as far as I'm concerned.

Are you legitimately pissed at these people? I always thought you were above this kind of thing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 12:41:30 AM
They preferred fat kids? This world is backward in the worst ways.

Yes! Us sweat hogs can, and do experience it too (in certain circles). I saw a photo of myself taken at a braai just last week and was mortified at the sight of my own appearance!!! Selfies taken with the utmost care, and a Tinder profile curated by oneself can make anyone look and feel "normal," whatever that is, anyway.

Yes bunny I know what it is like to avoid photos and mirrors because I couldn't bear to look.  It is why I am such a believer in personal vanity and taking control of my body, to me it is absolutely therapeutic, the very wellspring of happiness and confidence.

Silphion

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 12:46:08 AM
Are you legitimately pissed at these people? I always thought you were above this kind of thing.

Not as much as they are or were pissed off at me.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 12:45:15 AM
His muscles are too big - IMHO. But at least he doesn't have a gut dangling over his belt, I guess. We all need love, y'know. Even us amorphous blobs.

Never too big!  Every lean ounce is the product of discipline and self-denial, ancient virtues that have lately gone out of fashion.  If I am to err, let it be on that side of the balance rather than the weakness and self-indulgence that is apparent at a glance!  But you are more than your picture, and I will always love you whether your tummy rests on your knees or no.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:06:34 AM
Never too big!  Every lean ounce is the product of discipline and self-denial, ancient virtues that have lately gone out of fashion.  If I am to err, let it be on that side of the balance rather than the weakness and self-indulgence that is apparent at a glance!  But you are more than your picture, and I will always love you whether your tummy rests on your knees or no.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:53:02 AMYes bunny I know what it is like to avoid photos and mirrors because I couldn't bear to look.

Dude, in all seriousness: you look great. The problem with self-hatred is that no matter how many compliments you are given in earnest, the intense dislike of oneself remains. But try go easier on yourself. I worry where you'll wind up if you don't. It'd be a pity to see you in a psych ward. Anorexia - in medical circles - is considered the worst of all mental maladies! I hope you know that.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:53:02 AMI am a believer in personal vanity and taking control of my body, to me it is absolutely therapeutic, the very wellspring of happiness and confidence.

Just don't take it too far. Thats all I ask. I worry.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 01:16:00 AM
Dude, in all seriousness: you look great. The problem with self-hatred is that no matter how many compliments you are given in earnest, the intense dislike of oneself remains. But try go easier on yourself. I worry where you'll wind up if you don't. It'd be a pity to see you in a psych ward. Anorexia - in medical circles - is considered the worst of all mental maladies! I hope you know that.

Just don't take it too far. Thats all I ask. I worry.

Don't worry, bunny; you know I like cookies too much to ever wither up and blow away.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:18:45 AM
Don't worry, bunny; you know I like cookies too much to ever wither up and blow away.

Your weight obsession reminds me of something I saw on The Simpsons years ago. Homer was marching in a protest and they were chanting, “We’re here! We’re queer! We don’t want anymore bears!”

Then someone said to Homer, “Hey, that’s a pretty catchy chant, Homer. How did you come up with it?”

To which he replied, “I heard it at the mustache parade.”

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:06:34 AMEvery lean ounce is the product of discipline and self-denial, ancient virtues that have lately gone out of fashion.

You make a fantastic case for taking better care of ones physical vessel. I guess I am very cerebral in my approach to existence, and so, my body feels like a temporary place of residence - knowing my spirit lives on, its hard to care too much about this fleshy container.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:06:34 AMIf I am to err, let it be on that side of the balance rather than the weakness and self-indulgence that is apparent at a glance!

Its just sooo easy, after a long day, to say fuck the chicken breasts I was gonna grill. Screw that salad! I'm gonna order a fuckin' pizza!!!

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:06:34 AMBut you are more than your picture, and I will always love you whether your tummy rests on your knees or no.

Thats sweet. But, being a huge nerd, a bibliophile, and essentially having a "desk job," drawing pictures (sedentary all day) hasn't helped the situation. PLUS this cocktail of psych meds, that make it impossible to lose anything of excess.

The most I get from daily workouts is not gaining fat. Just staying the size I am. I'd rather be sane and chubby bunny than nutso and svelt, though. Its a choice I've made.

I've been on medicine for years now. I had Epilepsy before I became Bipolar, and essentially, both those meds and the psych meds balloon you up like a motherfucker. With the way I live, sometimes, I wonder why I'm not muuuch bigger than I am.

Luckily, my gut does not HANG over my pants. Sure, I have a layer of fat on my belly, but its sorta like I have a thin layer of fat evenly distributed throughout my entire body, rather than a concentration of flab in the stomach region.

Weight on ones face is the most embarassing. But I learned I neat trick (I can't remember where). It goes like this: when posing for a photo, stick your neck out slightly, forward. Pretend there's a lemon under your chin. It instantly eliminates the appearance of a double chin.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 12, 2021, 01:27:31 AM
Your weight obsession reminds me of something I saw on The Simpsons years ago. Homer was marching in a protest and they were chanting, “We’re here! We’re queer! We don’t want anymore bears!”

Then someone said to Homer, “Hey, that’s a pretty catchy chant, Homer. How did you come up with it?”

To which he replied, “I heard it at the mustache parade.”

Hahaha amen

AZZERAE

K. Dubb, what is your opinion on "beards"? Men who marry trophy wives as a cover for their closeted homosexuality.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 01:29:55 AM
You make a fantastic case for taking better care of ones physical vessel. I guess I am very cerebral in my approach to existence, and so, my body feels like a temporary place of residence - knowing my spirit lives on, its hard to care too much about this fleshy container.

Its just sooo easy, after a long day, to say fuck the chicken breasts I was gonna grill. Screw that salad! I'm gonna order a fuckin' pizza!!!

Thats sweet. But, being a huge nerd, a bibliophile, and essentially having a "desk job," drawing pictures (sedentary all day) hasn't helped the situation. PLUS this cocktail of psych meds, that make it impossible to lose anything of excess.

The most I get from daily workouts is not gaining fat. Just staying the size I am. I'd rather be sane and chubby bunny than nutso and svelt, though. Its a choice I've made.

I've been on medicine for years now. I had Epilepsy before I became Bipolar, and essentially, both those meds and the psych meds balloon you up like a motherfucker. With the way I live, sometimes, I wonder why I'm not muuuch bigger than I am.

Luckily, my gut does not HANG over my pants. Sure, I have a layer of fat on my belly, but its sorta like I have a thin layer of fat evenly distributed throughout my entire body, rather than a concentration of flab in the stomach region.

Weight on ones face is the most embarassing. But I learned I neat trick (I can't remember where). It goes like this: when posing for a photo, stick your neck out slightly, forward. Pretend there's a lemon under your chin. It instantly eliminates the appearance of a double chin.

Yes it is hard with convenience food all around and so cheap.  I make a giant crock pot full of chicken breasts in spicy sauce and keep in the fridge so I never have to even think about it, and if I want something sweet the rule is I have to make it myself.  That way the good stuff is easy and convenient and to be bad takes effort.  I bet you are nice to hug.  Somebody once told me I was like holding a bag of golf clubs.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 12, 2021, 01:36:48 AM
K. Dubb, what is your opinion on "beards"? Men who marry trophy wives as a cover for their closeted homosexuality.

As long as the wife knows and is sufficiently mercenary it seems ok to me but it seems to me she must inevitably feel superfluous after a while, grow resentful, and use the secret as blackmail.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:54:57 AM
she must inevitably feel superfluous after a while, grow resentful, and use the secret as blackmail.

This only happens to the ones with children who don't take to the discipline, or are literally dumped into a woodchipper without being given a chance, at all, at all.

For example, none of this is happening to Grapefruit. She knows that she is not superfluous, but she has in the past hollered at me for being so myself... because if she had known that I was serious when I told her I was planning to do what I said--I mean, she asked, I answered, do I look like I'm lying, did It look like I was stuttering?--she probably wouldn't have assumed that nothing I was doing had any purpose except wasting time and making fun of her.

I think that's what her kids were planning on. I'm not sure where else she might have gotten that idea from. In any event, well I have known this for certain for many many moons now, in recent days it's become apparent--I don't hate her children at all. I don't hate anyone. I barely hate hate. And there is genuine love there for your children, I would rather give them a meal than slaughter them in their sleep to save them for the dreaded third wave of COVID.

SO: just so that we're all clear now. That woman, number one, looks sad unhappy and superfluous with life when she tells lies about me. Imagine how bad the guilt smells when the tribal shaman has to brew up a potion to save her soul from being harvested by wendigos or whatever she's going on with. I'm not going to lie, it's not my business, it's not my area, and I respect it way more than it sounds like. To people who decline to avail themselves of freely available information. I don't need to name any names.

I will say that grapefruit was absolutely mistaken when she said I was making fun of her disabled son, I was making fun of her protected, who isn't disabled, no one mentioned or heard about anything disabled from me--This woman docks herself blamed me and then raged against the jagstar machine for long enough to then docks her owns on, who's not even all that disabled other is disabled but he's a lot more able to now that he's figured out that Jackson knows what the f*** is going on, and mother barely knows whether to wind her s*** on her watch.

So to speak. On the bright side, he's wrong she's amazing she's just sick of his b*******, and he's right He can listen to me. although I have no children, I now notice like to be a parent, and have no problem choosing between the choice of helping and encouraging one's progeny with love... Or literally just grinding up and making stew.

I mean he's not mine but... I can see how I would make the stew only and very rare occasions, and since I'm no bigot, yeah I made a bad kid and I had to respawn him, I would do it right magic or no magick.

Anyway, that looks fixed. They really are adorable little tykes, and if I had been told straight up that my destiny was to separate them from her, I wouldn't take them three and a half years to do it gently. I would have legit just taken her and ran, and brought her back all ringed up with new face tattoos. Can't imagine how much that would have been certain people off.

I think this way is better. I think the only person's upset is... Well, grapefruit, because I told her I was going to make a military school, but it was the last minute decision to write the bylaws so as to forbid produce from attending any classes, meeting, meal gatherings, bingo events or energy sessions involving more than 8 or 9 partners at a time.

Actually some more rules and reasons that various fruit and vegetable items aren't allowed to attend my military school, mostly because... Well, it's code, and then for another thing, she can just change into a crow or a salamander or a closely related together clump of liking on the edge of a blog near an icicle. She doesn't have to be a grapefruit. Something prefers it, to anything resembling the reality.

Unicorn. I told you unicorn. Do you know why? Because I knew nobody would believe me. You still don't. You know why? Mostly, number one, the funords. Secondly... None of you asked me wha those actually are.

I'll notice I've been here 7 years right? I'm actually drawing a blank, what did you all think I was here for? Because I made things pretty clear.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 12:34:07 AM
Ha!  Cat Lady Lily.  You should have told her you’ll put a shirt on when she can pick an avatar that isn’t from Norma Desmond fantasy land, Dubb.   :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on February 12, 2021, 07:33:20 AM
Ha!  Cat Lady Lily.  You should have told her you’ll put a shirt on when she can pick an avatar that isn’t from Norma Desmond fantasy land, Dubb.   :D

Haha I think I just called her an old bat  ;D

K_Dubb

This is an ugly sprawling argument but it is the first one I have encountered that tries to string together the paranormal, conspiracies, masculinity, and right-wing politics (i. e. the universe of bellgab) and, fascinatingly, finds even deeper roots way back to the 50s with some history of which I was not aware -- a brawl in the Senate, kicking in the balls!  Those were the good old days.

The idea that, with the collapse of the Cold War and the scary commie threat that oriented society, conspiracy allows maintaining the childish facile good-vs.-evil stories well into adulthood is not new, and neither is the idea that techno-demon aliens targeting and ritually emasculating men for their reproductive potency (the pervasive sperm collection and the gay panic of weebering) represents the sublimation of men's deep insecurities about their place in the modern world, but it's fun to read someone else's take on it.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/02/ufos-mccarthy-qanon-aliens-conspiracy-theories.html

It also contains this little revelation:

QuoteOne of the most visible insurrectionists, Jacob Anthony Chansley, who goes by the name Jake Angeli, mounted the Senate dais shirtless in a horned headdress. He posted a video to YouTube before the company shut down his channel in which he relayed his “secret” history of the world, complete with space aliens and Egyptian pyramids, even citing History Channel regulars like author Graham Hancock by name.

Horn Boy could easily be one of us!

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 11:32:53 AM
The idea that, with the collapse of the Cold War and the scary commie threat that oriented society, conspiracy allows maintaining the childish facile good-vs.-evil stories well into adulthood is not new, and neither is the idea that techno-demon aliens targeting and ritually emasculating men for their reproductive potency (the pervasive sperm collection and the gay panic of weebering) represents the sublimation of men's deep insecurities about their place in the modern world, but it's fun to read someone else's take on it.

Thank goodness we can finally move on from that to the more scientific good vs. evil maskers, anti-vaxers, and demonizing those who walk in the out door... Let's not even get started on those selfish enough to still see family members when explicitly forbidden to do so.  ;)

I guess the good news is that we can still maintain those good vs. evil narratives. And now we have Dr. Fauchi to look to as a savior figure and to confirm that we are correct to call those who will not triple mask "evil grandma killers."