• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 10:09:29 AM
I read this entire thread so don't go accusing me like I can't see what's going on.  I'm just going to make a final comment.  Some of you are so crude that I can't believe the site stays up.  Now if that's not YOU, than you will leave me alone.

I have done nothing wrong but made some observations.  Beautiful, please do that.  You sound insane.
So if I'm to believe you(I don't) you're here TWO FUCKING DAYS and casting aspersions????? You're a whacko. Really. Tug on that. And I'm not paying for a two hour session.

onan

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 09:51:34 AM
I've been enjoying some of the posts here and love the fine art stream.  But some of the writing here is just wrong by so many of you yet you seem to like to judge others who I can't see are doing anything different than a lot of you.

As a past forum moderator which this site does not believe in, I feel many of you are way off the path.

Another thing I'm noticing is a group like mentality that frankly reminds me of grammar school.  What's with all the high horse attitudes?  Is this some type of a site where people can't just join in because they aren't in your club?  Some of you are fine, but some of you, well, mmmm, I may just jump on for the stream after what I see going on, it's sad as if most of you live for this club of yours, on-line.  I'll never get that.  But I'm definitely turned off.

If you think this forum is clique-ish, for god's sake stay away from gun forums. Yeah you probably wouldn't venture to those sites... I am just saying.

What I have noticed, is a definite culture here. And at times it can seem a bit churlish. What I also notice is however, one can always state their case. In some ways, I find the rhetoric here somewhat inhospitable and in other ways I find it to be provocative... and I mean that in a good way.

No you won't find a lot of atta-boys. And yes at times it may seem hostile. But, and I mean this sincerely, most times hostility is seen, although not necessary certainly has some understandability.

As to what this forum reminds you of, is more a rorshach test than anything else. The forum is what it is and I promise you, leaving it will do nothing to change it.

Tinfoil Hat

I belong to a few online forums and while some have that "old boys' club" insider thing going on, this place doesn't seem that way to me at all. I'm fairly new here and I got a nice welcome and feel like I can add to any discussion if I want to. Posts for the most part here are very civil and polite even when folks disagree.

Sardondi

There's that familiar floral smell again...and from two places at the same time!? Wow, it's like Primer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on March 09, 2013, 10:25:32 AM
There's that familiar floral smell again...and from two places at the same time!? Wow, it's like Primer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/
I was thinking Sybil..or Michael Caine in Dressed To Kill.

Canned Heat

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on March 09, 2013, 10:19:59 AM
I belong to a few online forums and while some have that "old boys' club" insider thing going on, this place doesn't seem that way to me at all. I'm fairly new here and I got a nice welcome and feel like I can add to any discussion if I want to. Posts for the most part here are very civil and polite even when folks disagree.
I'm surprised you did not notice some things then.  That's okay.  I'm using the ignore option they provide now.  :)

Canned Heat

I'm guessing some people get old and mean and find each other on the Internet these days.  Personally I listened to Art Bell since I was 17 until he quit.  I began in 1998 and have quit listening because its not the same.  I found the art stream and love it and thought some of what I was reading was pretty funny.  I just never expected the rest. 

analog kid

Quote from: MV on March 09, 2013, 12:48:53 AM

it was brought to my attention that there is a database performance hit in showing users online over an entire 24 hour period.  i was told 15 minutes is far preferable.  traffic on the forum is climbing each month.

What's odd is that something like 2% of registered users on all forums actually post comments.

(I genuinely don't have any idea what Art Lover is talking about)

Canned Heat

Quote from: analog kid on March 09, 2013, 10:58:14 AM
What's odd is that something like 2% of registered users on all forums actually post comments.

(I genuinely don't have any idea what Art Lover is talking about)
Another observation, nobody talks to you, they talk about you.  If you care to know, analog, you are welcome to pm me.  Otherwise it would be cool if you asked ME what I'm referring to next time and I'll pm you.   :)

analog kid

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 11:08:40 AM
Another observation, nobody talks to you, they talk about you.  If you care to know, analog, you are welcome to pm me.  Otherwise it would be cool if you asked ME what I'm referring to next time and I'll pm you.   :)

Thanks, but I don't get into the riffraff, and I'm fairly fond of this here community.

Canned Heat

Quote from: analog kid on March 09, 2013, 11:13:40 AM
Thanks, but I don't get into the riffraff, and I'm fairly fond of this here community.
Neither do I analog.  I'm not yet so fond though.

And do me a favor, don't talk like I'm not here k?  That's why you nearly came into riff raff as you called it.

onan

Quote from: Art Lover on March 09, 2013, 11:15:46 AM
Neither do I analog.  I'm not yet so fond though.

And do me a favor, don't talk like I'm not here k?  That's why you nearly came into riff raff as you called it.

oh ffs put on some grown up pants.

Canned Heat

This is my last comment, do not ever put my biz on your forum and talk about me if you should find those things out.  I'll leave it at that and move on.

I enjoyed the Art stream all night.  I miss his remarks.  He was really engaged in all he did on air. 

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 08, 2013, 05:08:40 AMI was reading an article the other day that says pubic lice are becoming an endangered species, at least in the West, due to all the pubic hair removal.
Quote from: Sardondi on March 08, 2013, 08:47:07 AMThey're just holed up, waiting for the inevitable change in fashion, and the return of bountiful public hair, natural breasts and short basketball pants...
As so often happens, life imitates, well, if not art, then virtual life, as just after our brief discourse on the current fashion of visible labia, I saw these pithy words by a nude model from an article in that highly respected and deeply intellectual online journal, The Frisky: "...I purposely kept my hair long and never, ever shaved off my pubic hair. Most people don’t believe me when I say this, but a nude art model getting a Brazilian bikini wax is career suicide...." http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-03-08/girl-talk-confessions-of-a-nude-model/
...................................................................................
Otherwise, dammit, there's still that floral smell. Except now cat piss is mixed with it. God, do I hate cats. I wish I could throw every cat in the world in a woodchipper, and then Peter Stormare should be allowed to uselessly lounge around all day. Cats are vile, useless animals. Just like their owners.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 09, 2013, 11:30:27 AM
This is my last comment...

Art Lover and Canned Heat are the same user (which is not allowed), so those two accounts have been merged and banned.

Quote from: MV on February 17, 2013, 03:20:37 PM
i hate to be the bad guy, but from now on, revealing personal information about another user is a permanent ban.  it doesn't matter who you are, how long you've been here, or how many posts you have.  this shit is insufferable.  so, if you enjoy using this forum, think before you post.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 08, 2013, 10:26:09 PM
(I changed the link)

either you thought i wasn't serious or you thought the rules didn't apply to you.  i told you multiple times to stop revealing personal information about other users, and yet you refused to respect that request.  i'm done babysitting you.

it's my understanding you're in your fifties and work as a medical professional.  i find that difficult to believe based on your overall lack of self control around here... but if that is true, then holy shit.

i find it odd that you only visit this forum through tor networks or proxies, concealing your true ip address... which means you obviously value your privacy... yet you routinely seek to deny that luxury for others.  your behavior is sociopathic, probably illegal under certain interpretations of stalking laws, and generally creepy.

Quote from: Sardondi on March 09, 2013, 01:59:09 PM
Otherwise, dammit, there's still that floral smell. Except now cat piss is mixed with it. God, do I hate cats. I wish I could throw every cat in the world in a woodchipper, and then Peter Stormare should be allowed to uselessly lounge around all day. Cats are vile, useless animals. Just like their owners.
I'm with you, got no time for cats.  Sweater kittens always make my day, though.

Quote from: MV on March 09, 2013, 02:09:50 PM

either you thought i wasn't serious or you thought the rules didn't apply to you.  i told you multiple times to stop revealing personal information about other users, and yet you refused to respect that request.  i'm done babysitting you.
Holy crap, Hal is banned? I must have missed the posts about another user being outed. Don't even recall Lilly, bust have come and gone pretty quickly.

Not questioning your actions here MV, Coastgab will certainly die out if we don't all feel safe here.  Just  kinda stunned that Hal is gone.

McPhallus

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 09, 2013, 04:53:02 PM
Holy crap, Hal is banned? I must have missed the posts about another user being outed. Don't even recall Lilly, bust have come and gone pretty quickly.

Interesting typo, considering some of the stuff that user posted. :)

Quote from: McPhallus on March 09, 2013, 05:08:30 PM
I am going to have to go back and find that stuff.  Sounds like I missed a lot.

Quote from: McPhallus on March 09, 2013, 05:08:30 PM
I think maybe the posts about and from this Lilly person where deleted.  Can anyone provide a quick synopsis on what I missed?

Juan

Rants, tirades, personal attacks on members, name calling, cursing, arguments, hysteria, avatars of cats, links to photos of hairy male appendages.

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 09, 2013, 06:37:04 PM
Rants, tirades, personal attacks on members, name calling, cursing, arguments, hysteria, avatars of cats, links to photos of hairy male appendages.
Good lord, glad I missed it.  Hal outed this guy/gal I take it?

Juan

Yes, and she lives/works only a couple of miles from me.  So I, personally, was glad to see a photo so I can steer clear.

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 09, 2013, 06:56:27 PM
Yes, and she lives/works only a couple of miles from me.  So I, personally, was glad to see a photo so I can steer clear.
Yeah, be careful if you see her heading your way with a camera.

horror president action dolls[/font][/size]
http://www.collectiondx.com/article/nytf2013_presidential_monsters

its like presidents combined with monsters.

There is Baracula, General Eisen-howler, and my favorite Yeti Roosevelt.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 10, 2013, 05:39:16 AM
horror president action dolls[/font]
http://www.collectiondx.com/article/nytf2013_presidential_monsters

its like presidents combined with monsters.

There is Baracula, General Eisen-howler, and my favorite Yeti Roosevelt.

Those are hilarious.  I think Algore is the best, followed by Yeti Roosevelt.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 10, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
Those are hilarious.  I think Algore is the best, followed by Yeti Roosevelt.

I like Hilvira and Yeti Roosevelt.    :)

HorrorRetro

This isn't a random stupid thing, but I need to get it out.  I'm having a seriously hard time processing things after a phone call from my daughter.  I don't really want to give the details, but she's done something that will change our family dynamics forever.  I'm in shock.  I'm still shaking 2 hours after the phone call.  You love and raise your kids with morals and decency, or at least I think we did, and then something like this happens.  It's nothing criminal or anything of the sort.  It's more a lapse in moral judgment.  But she's made a choice that will affect her life and ours forever.  I'm literally in shock right now. I had to take a Valium to keep from freaking out. I just never thought I'd get a phone call like this.  She's made us so proud over the past few years, serving her country as active duty in the Coast Guard, being married, being responsible, etc.  Now it's all possibly down the toilet.  :-[ :(   I'm just shocked.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 11, 2013, 08:00:14 PM
This isn't a random stupid thing, but I need to get it out.  I'm having a seriously hard time processing things after a phone call from my daughter.  I don't really want to give the details, but she's done something that will change our family dynamics forever.  I'm in shock.  I'm still shaking 2 hours after the phone call.  You love and raise your kids with morals and decency, or at least I think we did, and then something like this happens.  It's nothing criminal or anything of the sort.  It's more a lapse in moral judgment.  But she's made a choice that will affect her life and ours forever.  I'm literally in shock right now. I had to take a Valium to keep from freaking out. I just never thought I'd get a phone call like this.  She's made us so proud over the past few years, serving her country as active duty in the Coast Guard, being married, being responsible, etc.  Now it's all possibly down the toilet.  :-[ :(   I'm just shocked.

Although one can sort of read between the lines, can you be a little more specific?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Marc knight on March 11, 2013, 08:32:34 PM

Although one can sort of read between the lines, can you be a little more specific?

Well, she violated her marriage vows, something I never expected her to do.  I realize people make bad choices, but this is a big one, to say the least.  There might another complication to the story, but we're waiting on news she'll have tomorrow.  It's really thrown us for a loop here.  It's out of character for her and not something I ever expected to hear.  :-[