• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

What I would love right now is some Vienetta melting into a bowl of Cap'n Crunch, mouth-shreds be damned. I'm more excited now than ever to be going to the UK.

pepsiguy

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 12, 2011, 07:35:32 PM
i read the other day that pepsico has decided to phase out the Cap'n Crunch cereal, poor sales and not very healthy were the main reasons.

To be replaced by the ultimately healthier 2 litre pepsi.

pepsiguy

[quote author=b_dubb link=topic=2023.msg38458#msg38458 date=1302666090
I think that commercial was made by the same people who made the george of the jungle cartoons. those voices bring back saturday morning  memories.

pepsiguy

oops, should be a big capn crunch in that last post  :-[

anagrammy

Pepsiguy--are the guys in your avatar all taking a leak?  Curious minds want to know....

Anagrammy

pepsiguy

Quote from: anagrammy on April 13, 2011, 07:32:20 PM
Pepsiguy--are the guys in your avatar all taking a leak?  Curious minds want to know....

Anagrammy
Well i dont know of any leaks, thats three guys peeing. (particapants id`s shall remain secret) No i am not in that shot, so to speak.

pepsiguy

watching the local weather show. I live in n.e. Oklahoma where weather is entertainment. hundreds of weather men spotters and logistics people. helicopters following storms waiting for tornado vids. i`ve been watching the storms lining up, wow! one tornado to the west of me, will go north, but big storms closing in. NOW THATS ENTERTAINMENT! Gotta go to the front porch and wait like everyone else. Does this go on everywhere or just here in " T " alley?(if you don`t here from it`s been fun).

b_dubb

we have hurricane parties here in North Carolina

JustOneFix

Quote from: b_dubb on April 14, 2011, 05:11:25 PM
we have hurricane parties here in North Carolina

Here in FL too! Do y'all do the oyster & beer thing for a hurricane party? It seems to be mandatory down here that you have oysters during a hurricane party. I still remember fondly my first hurricane party as a teenager. Just turned 16 , 4 kegs of beer, 8 bushels of oysters. Luckily it was held at a friends body shop so no need to drive anywhere. I woke up the next morning laying in the back seat of a '60 Chevrolet Convertible. The wind blew part of the roof off, but we were too drunk to try and fix it, so we sat in the rain.

b_dubb

i actually grilled out on our front porch during Hurricane Floyd.  i consider that a major achievement. i never did the oyster thing.  we were poorer and ... well ... poorer.  red meat and cheap white buns.  and we were thankful for that.  i kind of feel bad about the party during Hurricane Floyd.  the Eastern half of the state had a really really bad time with that

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pepsiguy on April 14, 2011, 03:36:30 PM
watching the local weather show. I live in n.e. Oklahoma where weather is entertainment. hundreds of weather men spotters and logistics people. helicopters following storms waiting for tornado vids. i`ve been watching the storms lining up, wow! one tornado to the west of me, will go north, but big storms closing in. NOW THATS ENTERTAINMENT! Gotta go to the front porch and wait like everyone else. Does this go on everywhere or just here in " T " alley?(if you don`t here from it`s been fun).
my uncle lives in tulsa.  when he and his wife visit here in cape girardeau, mo... they always have to wonder if their house will be standing when they return. 

it's nuts in OK.

pepsiguy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 15, 2011, 04:56:20 PM
my uncle lives in tulsa.  when he and his wife visit here in cape girardeau, mo... they always have to wonder if their house will be standing when they return. 

it's nuts in OK.
lol, I work in Tulsa, i live up north in the tallgrass prairie area. I have yet to see a tornado, but every year it seems at least one gets close. two people killed in the southern part of the state, we got 2 inch hail (a lot of it), and the siren's went off. It`s funny the folks living on the San Andreas falt wonder how we can live here not knowing when a tornado is going to take out our trailer park. I know i would shit and fall back in it in an earth quake,

Mops

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 14, 2011, 03:52:01 PM
Weeeee... give the guy at the 53 sec mark an Oscar  ;D 

Great videos.  Check this out.......

Death at a tent revival

September 9, 1950 - A 64-year-old Lubbock man collapsed and died moments after fleeing a large, storm-whipped tent housing a revival by faith healer Oral Roberts in Amarillo.

An estimated 7,000 persons exited the revival into heavy rain to the tune of “Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus” after storm gusts pulled several pegs from the ground and a  section of the tent ballooned.  While a group of men struggled to hold one of the four support poles in place, Rev. Roberts praised the audience as “the most orderly crowd I’ve ever seen.”

Other than the single fatality, there were no other reported injuries.

September 10 â€" It happened again.  This time the poles began to sway and the lights went out during an electrical and hailstorm over Amarillo.  A gust of wind lifted the entire tent and dropped it on some 7,000 of Roberts’ followers, injuring at least 50.

As much as half or more of the congregation was trapped under crushed chairs, tent poles, lights and canvas for hours while emergency workers dug through the debris.  Miraculously only one of the injuries was serious, although a number of broken bones, bruises and cuts were reported.

One of the heroes singled out was Leo Henley, a maintenance men working with the Roberts revival.  After the lights failed and the tent fell, Henley, a Shawnee, Oklahoma native, made his way through total darkness and shut off the master electrical switch, likely preventing several electrocutions when the power was restored.

The tent was a total loss.

b_dubb

Quote from: Mops on April 16, 2011, 01:53:44 AM

Great videos.  Check this out.......
Death at a tent revival
September 9, 1950 - A 64-year-old Lubbock man collapsed and died moments after fleeing a large, storm-whipped tent housing a revival by faith healer Oral Roberts in Amarillo.

An estimated 7,000 persons exited the revival into heavy rain to the tune of “Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus” after storm gusts pulled several pegs from the ground and a  section of the tent ballooned.  While a group of men struggled to hold one of the four support poles in place, Rev. Roberts praised the audience as “the most orderly crowd I’ve ever seen.”

Other than the single fatality, there were no other reported injuries.

September 10 â€" It happened again.  This time the poles began to sway and the lights went out during an electrical and hailstorm over Amarillo.  A gust of wind lifted the entire tent and dropped it on some 7,000 of Roberts’ followers, injuring at least 50.

As much as half or more of the congregation was trapped under crushed chairs, tent poles, lights and canvas for hours while emergency workers dug through the debris.  Miraculously only one of the injuries was serious, although a number of broken bones, bruises and cuts were reported.

One of the heroes singled out was Leo Henley, a maintenance men working with the Roberts revival.  After the lights failed and the tent fell, Henley, a Shawnee, Oklahoma native, made his way through total darkness and shut off the master electrical switch, likely preventing several electrocutions when the power was restored.

The tent was a total loss.
you mean Baby Jesus didn't save them from the Giant Storm Devil?!!!

anagrammy

Quote from: The Philosopher on April 15, 2011, 08:42:29 PM
Mel's Hidden Talent!!!

WOW!  Who is Mel?  Do you have a link on youtube for this?

Thanks for posting- gotta show the kiddies.

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on April 17, 2011, 06:08:20 PM
WOW!  Who is Mel?  Do you have a link on youtube for this?

Thanks for posting- gotta show the kiddies.

Anagrammy

iffin ya clickz where it sayz "youtube" on the vid, it willz opened it in a new browser window wherez ya can save it or email a link to itz.  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: EvB on April 18, 2011, 08:44:48 PM
No Comment Needed
this was hard to watch.  and whoever thought that was a good idea needs to have their face slapped repeatedly

haloedorchid

Wow, that was disturbing. It doesn't help to have a baby who looks like that when sleeping. Time to go watch that laughing penguin video!

Sorry, couldn't make it the whole way through.  I really try not to judge, but...wow, who would think up something like that?

Oh, for one of those memory-wiping pills now.    Ick.