• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on July 26, 2013, 02:57:33 PM1200 licenses to hunt wolves go on sale here in Michigan on August 3rd. Be interesting to know how many will be purchased ($100) by animal-rights activists to keep them out of the hands of actual hunters.
And then the family dogs and cats and 4-year-olds start disappearing....

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on July 26, 2013, 04:36:45 PM
And then the family dogs and cats and 4-year-olds start disappearing....
Wolves are on the rise because you Michigan guys aren't harvesting enough deer and smaller game... get to work, damnit.

MV/Liberace!

In the last month, this forum has been viewed from Los Angeles more times than any other city. New York is usually in the top slot.

MV/Liberace!

Approximately 61% of the time, if the forum is being viewed from a mobile device, it's an iPhone or iPad.

MV/Liberace!

The average user, registered or not, spends about 11 minutes on this forum per visit.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 10:51:08 PM
In the last month, this forum has been viewed from Los Angeles more times than any other city. New York is usually in the top slot.
That means Hollywood is scouting us for material. I want my posts to serve as scripts for the next Pauly Shore project.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 26, 2013, 11:04:59 PM
         That means Hollywood is scouting us for material. I want my posts to serve as scripts for the next Pauly Shore project.

"You could probably do better than that."

-Literal Jim

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 11:13:13 PM
"You could probably do better than that."

-Literal Jim

My Lord is he getting more frightening looking. Maybe those Monster Rain sessions caused him to look that way.

Screw Pauly Shore. The Wayans brothers should use my posts.

yumyumtree

I love Sun Chips .

I had long suspected that Hewitt(an officer but not a gentleman ) was Harry's dad, but a few months ago he emphatically denied it, publicly. He did t deny being with Diana, just denied it any time near that time.

Has anybody heard the story of the family who spent $100,000 on Beanie Babies? I can't get it out of my mind.

stevesh

Quote from: onan on July 26, 2013, 04:44:21 PM
Wolves are on the rise because you Michigan guys aren't harvesting enough deer and smaller game... get to work, damnit.

You're probably right. I've switched mostly to hunting feral pigs, and I doubt a wolf (mostly pronounced 'woof' here) would dare take one of those on.

ItsOver

Is there anything better than a good cup of joe?  My current favorite is home brewed Farmer Brothers.  If I'm out and about, I favor the old school coffee, like that served at a Waffle House.  Can't stand the burned, bitter Starbucks stuff.  That stuff seems better suited for stripping paint.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 26, 2013, 11:24:07 PM
          Screw Pauly Shore. The Wayans brothers should use my posts.
I was thinking Tyler Perry but then I realized he's probably too cheap to pay writers

Quote from: ItsOver on July 28, 2013, 10:52:59 AM
Is there anything better than a good cup of joe?  My current favorite is home brewed Farmer Brothers.  If I'm out and about, I favor the old school coffee, like that served at a Waffle House.  Can't stand the burned, bitter Starbucks stuff.  That stuff seems better suited for stripping paint.

Starbucks is shit. Nasty aftertaste .Takes brushing with Listerine,
baking soda to get it off my tongue. What ever in the world do people see in it.
A local Health food store has some weigh-it-yourself bins. $9.99 a pound. I like to mix my beans  both origins and roast levels. Also there is a local roaster. Used to get Marquis dePaiva at Sams ,awfully good smooth coffee.
I lived in Hawai'i for 3 years ,opposite coast than Kona. I found that how coffee is fertilized has a lot to do with making it smooth or bitter. Never tasted a bitter Organic or Biodynamic raised coffee. Synthetic nitrogen fertilizer will make coffee bitter.
I am glad to read someone else has the same observation I have had about Starbucks.

ItsOver

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on July 28, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

....I am glad to read someone else has the same observation I have had about Starbucks.

Same here.  I honestly don't know how folks can gag down the stuff.  Must just be for the buzz or they dilute it with tons of cream and sugar.  I guess there's more than enough Starbuck hipsters since there seems to be a StarSucks location on every corner.

"Yah.....I'm at Starbucks, right down the street from...Starbucks."

Quote from: ItsOver on July 28, 2013, 01:51:51 PM
Same here.  I honestly don't know how folks can gag down the stuff.  Must just be for the buzz or they dilute it with tons of cream and sugar.  I guess there's more than enough Starbuck hipsters since there seems to be a StarSucks location on every corner.

"Yah.....I'm at Starbucks, right down the street from...Starbucks."

Yes, that's it.  it's 'cool'' to be at Starbucks, and to walk into the office holding a Starbucks cup.

Sometimes I wonder if people really even have taste buds anymore, based on this crap, or what I see in peoples shopping carts or some of the chain restaurants whose parking lots are always full.

lonevoice

This isn't really a stupid thing, I don't think; but it's a random thing on my mind about Eddie Coyle.  Some time back, maybe a couple months ago, EC posted on the "things that annoy you" thread that he had some really good news.  He was annoyed because he couldn't tell anyone what it was yet.  The only hint was that, while the news for him was good, those around him wouldn't be happy about it.   That's how I remember the gist of it.  I find myself from time to time wondering what the news was, if he was finally able to tell someone, and how that went for him.  If this is too intrusive, just ignore it. 

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 28, 2013, 02:53:43 PMYes, that's it.  it's 'cool'' to be at Starbucks, and to walk into the office holding a Starbucks cup.

Sometimes I wonder if people really even have taste buds anymore, based on this crap, or what I see in peoples shopping carts or some of the chain restaurants whose parking lots are always full.
I can truly say I have never in my life entered a Starbucks shop; I've never bought any Starbucks coffee, and to my knowledge have never even tasted any. And I don't intend to.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on July 28, 2013, 04:16:36 PM
I can truly say I have never in my life entered a Starbucks shop; I've never bought any Starbucks coffee, and to my knowledge have never even tasted any. And I don't intend to.

There is one in the Target near my house. I sometimes get a brownie there. They ask if I want coffee, I always respond with "as much as you charge? are you crazy?

HorrorRetro

I've never been impressed with Starbucks coffee. I have a gift card someone gave sitting in my purse unspent.  It's been there for months now.  My normal every day coffee is Seattle's Best Level 5.  I need dark, strong coffee.  I despise weak coffee.  I also use Cafe Bustelo espresso quite a bit.  It's cheap and pretty strong.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on July 28, 2013, 03:13:18 PM
This isn't really a stupid thing, I don't think; but it's a random thing on my mind about Eddie Coyle.  Some time back, maybe a couple months ago, EC posted on the "things that annoy you" thread that he had some really good news.  He was annoyed because he couldn't tell anyone what it was yet.  The only hint was that, while the news for him was good, those around him wouldn't be happy about it.   That's how I remember the gist of it.  I find myself from time to time wondering what the news was, if he was finally able to tell someone, and how that went for him.  If this is too intrusive, just ignore it.

the operation was a success. eddie is now edwina.

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 10:51:08 PM
[/quote]
Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 10:54:38 PM
Approximately 61% of the time, if the forum is being viewed from a mobile device, it's an iPhone or iPad.
[/quote]
Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 11:01:47 PM
The average user, registered or not, spends about 11 minutes on this forum per visit.

So...is this the stuff from the NSA files?... ;)

Oh, yeah...Congrats!   :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on July 28, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

And do I feel better for it!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: lonevoice on July 28, 2013, 03:13:18 PM

Annoyingly, the good news has yet to come to fruition...but it will soon enough. It involves the shuttering of a quite popular local watering hole that's roughly 50 feet from my front door. It's bad news for most of my neighbors, but since the owners and the clientele irk me-I consider it a gift. Only a handful know about's it's imminent demise...so we have to sit quiet.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on July 28, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
"All that foolishness about needing doctors..."

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on July 28, 2013, 06:53:58 PM

Medical Science is a Zionist ploy! My surgery was achieved with simplicity and free of interlopers. A rusty soup can can do wonders. Viacom has already contacted my agent about a TV series about my lifestyle adjustment.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on July 28, 2013, 06:53:58 PM

"Just another miracle of "immune modulation," Jorch.  I fully expect great times to be knocking on my door!  That's C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A....CARNIVORA!"

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 28, 2013, 06:50:07 PM
       Annoyingly, the good news has yet to come to fruition...but it will soon enough. It involves the shuttering of a quite popular local watering hole that's roughly 50 feet from my front door. It's bad news for most of my neighbors, but since the owners and the clientele irk me-I consider it a gift. Only a handful know about's it's imminent demise...so we have to sit quiet.

A tepid pool of other people's germs? Those fond memories of swimming in public pools as a kid and getting severe ear infections.

Sardondi

Quote from: analog kid on July 29, 2013, 02:47:00 PM
A tepid pool of other people's germs? Those fond memories of swimming in public pools as a kid and getting severe ear infections.
*whew* I just had a scare there. I was scanning your post and misread the "ear infections" as something else, and it gave me a jar....

stevesh

Out of town this weekend, so I'm late with this, but I was once the roaster for the gourmet division for a medium-sized coffee company. Starbucks (known in the biz as 'Charbucks') roasts all its coffee to French Roast color or darker. The main reason is that when coffee is roasted that dark, all the distinctive flavor of the coffee bean is gone. This allows Starbucks (and others, of course) buy the cheapest Arabica beans they can find, whether from Brazil, Columbia or Mexico, etc. and know that the cups of espresso-tinged froth they serve will taste exactly the same in Des Moines as in San Francisco. Think McDonalds.

They also know that most of the oh-so-swell folks who stop there daily don't actually order coffee, but mostly a cup of hot milk with a shot or two of espresso, so it doesn't matter what the coffee actually tastes like.

If you drink brewed coffee rather than the sissified hot milk drinks, Starbucks is not the place for you. Here in the midwest (and increasingly elsewhere) Biggby's is very good.

lonevoice

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 28, 2013, 06:50:07 PM

I would never in a million years have guessed this.  Given long enough, I might have guessed the rusty soup can thingy, but not this.  I've never been to Boston, but the only watering hole whose patrons I've heard some pretty shady things about is on Dalton Street.  Wouldn't be that one, would it?