• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

oh, and the only reason anyone here is hearing from me is because i'm at the office and it's a slow day.  otherwise, forget it.  my job affords me a lot of time to dick around here.  most parents are not in my position as far as computer time is concerned.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: MV on September 27, 2012, 04:25:56 PM
anybody remember the coastgab user who went by avi and whose wife was supposedly giving birth to a new child every 6-8 weeks...

I remember "avi" but I didn't know that back story.   I can only report that he "did me a solid" by helping me decisively smack down some troll-shill who was damn near stalking me in the "Jim Marrs - Turd" thread last Winter.

Eddie Coyle

George Noory doesn't believe in coincidences...

But it's certainly "interesting" that two combatants in that Jim Marrs-turd thread, Avi and Jethro, both ceased posting here on March 6.

I'm accusing neither of being a "mult"...perhaps it's some synchronous occurrence. But it's odd that diametrically opposed characters just vanish after a flurry of activity.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 27, 2012, 05:55:07 PM
        But it's certainly "interesting" that two combatants in that Jim Marrs-turd thread, Avi and Jethro, both ceased posting here on March 6.
       ...it's odd that diametrically opposed characters just vanish after a flurry of activity.
Don't tell me your phenomenal memory recalled that date..?!?
But you make an interesting point.
Hypothetically-- why would a person go into a forum and portray "diametrically opposed characters?"

Ben Shockley

For my fellow pro-wrestling fans:

How long will Jeff Hardy keep milking the "misunderstood teenager," "athletic emo/Goth kid" gimmick?
How old will he have to be for his fans to stop buying it?

coaster

Scrawny security guards. Who are they kidding? Just saw one a while ago at the store ask this huge guy if he stole a lighter. The guy weighed 400 pounds soaked in gravy. the guard was 5 foot nothing and weighed 110 soaking wet. battle of the butane right there. I would of paid to see it.

coaster

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 27, 2012, 10:13:34 PM

How old will he have to be for his fans to stop buying it?
how old does someone have to be to stop watching pro wrestling? no offense, just saying.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 27, 2012, 10:09:44 PM
Don't tell me your phenomenal memory recalled that date..?!?
But you make an interesting point.
Hypothetically-- why would a person go into a forum and portray "diametrically opposed characters?"
Sadly, yes to a degree(dates are my real Rain Man skill)-I distinctly recalled the Marrs-turd debate...I remembered Avi's point of departure in early March. Jethro, I wasn't so sure...so I checked his profile, and March 6 was his last activity. So I checked Avi's profle just for assurance...and yeah 3/6 was his last activity. That neither has even glimpsed here once in nearly 7 months after being quite prolific I find odd. Again, it's probably coincidence...but I rule nothing out. Boredom being a prime suspect(for such mishegas I mean, not my activity ;D ).

Why would someone do such nonsense? I blame the internet and humans. Both are insiduously dreadful at the core and thrive on chaos. I feel like I should launch into Vincent Price's soliloquy from "Black Widow" on Welcome to My Nightmare. We're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to!

coaster

and i mean no offense. its a fucking soap opera now. i was a big wrestling fan when i was a kid. i met a ton of wrestlers back in the day. hulk hogan, ultimate warrior, hacksaw jim duggan. pretty much all the guys i thought were cool. when i was a kid..even had one fuck with me on tv once. i always had the best seat, and he grabbed me and bopped me on the head. i think his name was texas tornado or something similar. we had the best seats ever cause dad had hookups. to be a kid..

Ben Shockley

No offense taken, coaster.
I know most folks think it's swill.   For me, it's televisual comfort food.
I hate what it's become.   I used to watch it on a local station in my childhood-- it was done in the studio with a couple of portable bleachers for the fans who mostly looked like they came in just for the air-conditioning or maybe on the way to the skating rink, but were totally into it!   There was no "backstage;" all "storytelling" was done in the ring or via sweaty, panting interviews/monologues done at the announcer's lectern.   No frills.   No pyrotechnics or entrance music.   It was great.   It was also still like that, done from Atlanta, when what became "TBS" was going nationwide via cable in the late '70s.   So, in memory of that golden age, I still watch.   But only TNA; absolutely no WWE.

coaster

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 27, 2012, 10:51:12 PM
No offense taken, coaster.
I know most folks think it's swill.   For me, it's televisual comfort food.
I hate what it's become.   I used to watch it on a local station in my childhood-- it was done in the studio with a couple of portable bleachers for the fans who mostly looked like they came in just for the air-conditioning or maybe on the way to the skating rink, but were totally into it!   There was no "backstage;" all "storytelling" was done in the ring or via sweaty, panting interviews/monologues done at the announcer's lectern.   No frills.   No pyrotechnics or entrance music.   It was great.   It was also still like that, done from Atlanta, when what became "TBS" was going nationwide via cable in the late '70s.   So, in memory of that golden age, I still watch.   But only TNA; absolutely no WWE.
What happened to the WWF? Was there anything better than the sweaty panting crazy interviews? lol. Cmon..Mean Gene Okerlund.. But I  reminisce... I take back what I said. I think my favorite moment of wrestling came when I was at one show and I saw the debut of the biggest fucker ever. He came out, lumbered on the stage, and then flexed and stared right at me while he did it.  His name was "Warlock" or something similar. I literally shit my pants. he made the other guys look small. Wasnt Andre the Giant, but he was big. lol. wrestling wasnt too bad I figure..
edit-your post took me back. I appreciate that.

I have a handful of people I keep in contact with via snail mail.  One of those is an older aunt. She's from an Assembly of God background as a child. As an adult, she became Presbyterian.

I use a custom stationery with Ganesha on the paper and envelope, as well as being depicted on the green storage envelope. This set came from Tibet.

While talking to a coastgab member behind the scenes, that person, a very well read, world travel hopping individual, informed me that I am the only person he/she knows who uses such a thing.

Anyone else have and use a stationery set? Or am I like Vincent Price a la The Last Man On Earth?

My aunt likes the set, but I'm sure is unfamiliar with the elephant-headed deity, other than it is definitely non-Presbyterian.

He reminds me of Jehovah, but with a trunk.

The handmade paper looks fantastic, though it's like writing on paper towels ejected from a dispenser found in roadside rest area public restrooms.

"Is that a suicide note from Cam?  Is that a ransom note from Cam? That's a funky looking letter."

No, sir.  Just a letter to a relative.

Writing a letter to her sort of puts me in a schizoid mood, due to dragging an ink pen across the rough, imperfect surface - functioning opposite of an electroencephalograph, such a BIC stylus is creating specific brain patterns rather than displaying a measurement. Damned near synesthesia inducing - a needle riding in an infinite Dharma dendrite-laced record groove fashioned in Tibet.

Someone call David Lynch, I'm having a moment.

My aunt is so very, very lucky.

[attach=1]

[attachimg=2]

ziznak

I'll bet my mom has a stationary set somewhere but I doubt she uses it... my grandmom (moms mom) I'm sure had a few stationary sets and even had this little fold out table cabinet thing... writing table? is that what it's called?  I forget but it was this piece of furniture designed specifically for writing letters and checks.  She definitely had a few stationary sets and used them... she's dead though.  You're a rare one cam.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on September 27, 2012, 04:25:56 PM
anybody remember the coastgab user who went by avi and whose wife was supposedly giving birth to a new child every 6-8 weeks... yet he managed numerous "wall of text" posts per day.  no way that guy was legit.  as a new father of just one child (and an easy child, at that), i can't imagine having time for such a trivial pursuit while being AT ALL helpful with the baby.  no way that guy was a married father of 13 (or however many it was by the time of his steamy departure).
did Avi leave on bad terms?  i figured he was just busy with family and such.  maybe i wasn't paying attention

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on September 28, 2012, 01:55:45 AM
did Avi leave on bad terms?  i figured he was just busy with family and such.  maybe i wasn't paying attention

I was a fan of Avi's posts - even if they were somewhat implausible - and when I noticed he'd disappeared I sent him a PM - no response. Perhaps anagrammy just got tired of researching obscure musical instruments.

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on September 28, 2012, 01:21:37 AM
I'll bet my mom has a stationary set somewhere but I doubt she uses it... my grandmom (moms mom) I'm sure had a few stationary sets and even had this little fold out table cabinet thing... writing table? is that what it's called?  I forget but it was this piece of furniture designed specifically for writing letters and checks.  She definitely had a few stationary sets and used them... she's dead though.  You're a rare one cam.

Escritoire.

Juan

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 27, 2012, 10:51:12 PM
   It was also still like that, done from Atlanta, when what became "TBS" was going nationwide via cable in the late '70s.   So, in memory of that golden age, I still watch.   But only TNA; absolutely no WWE.
The late Gordon Solie was the greatest wrestling announcer.  There are some clips of his interviews on youtube.  Knew his subject, knew his wrestlers, kept up with the bookings so he knew the stories.  He was also a rather small man, so he made the wrestlers look huge.

McPhallus

Quote from: ziznak on September 28, 2012, 01:21:37 AM

I remember getting a few of those as gifts from the oldsters in my family, but never using them.

These days I have a 1940s secretary desk and a collection of fountain pens, some of which were obscenely expensive.  I carry one or two everywhere, and using a fountain pen in the high-tech places where I ply my trade often results in comments and funny looks.

HorrorRetro

I love stationery. I don't really have much use for it these days, unfortunately.  As a kid, we'd sometimes go downtown to a stationer's shop next to Woolworth's.   It was old and dusty and absolutely wonderful.  It was full of every kind of paper, pen, and pencil.  There were bins of seashells and polished rocks.  It was like going on a treasure hunt every time you went there. That kind of shop is hard to find these days.  :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 28, 2012, 01:55:45 AM

he got mad because some random internet troll told him he hoped his (fake) wife aborted their (fake) baby.  i deleted that post like a good little moderator, but apparently that wasn't enough.  seems i was expected to warm up the pickup truck, drive to the troll's home, and avenge this literary injustice.  well, i didn't.  avi left.

fragile people shouldn't use the internet. 

Eddie Coyle

Anybody see that live suicide on Fox News?

Anytime an adult male wearing a replica pro football shirt dies is hardly a loss.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 28, 2012, 03:52:07 PM

Anybody see that live suicide on Fox News?

Anytime an adult male wearing a replica pro football shirt dies is hardly a loss.
WHAT!!! awww shit I know where to find it though!
that was fast... got it!!  This guy made the decision and then followed through... well played loser... he just pulls out the gun and takes the header face down... bath salts anyone?
http://www.prochan.com/embed?f=365_1348869199

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on September 28, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
WHAT!!! awww shit I know where to find it though!
that was fast... got it!!  This guy made the decision and then followed through... well played loser... he just pulls out the gun and takes the header face down... bath salts anyone?
http://www.prochan.com/embed?f=365_1348869199

"File not found or deleted."

Juan

Oh, my.  Shep has certainly had interesting moments in his broadcast career. I don't think he'll claim this one.

The General

GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF..... oh
Quote from: MV on September 28, 2012, 05:50:34 PM
...and now this for mesothelioma families.

The General

Quote from: MV on September 28, 2012, 01:45:35 PM
fragile people shouldn't use the internet.

Can this be our new tagline? I love it.