• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: ziznak on September 21, 2012, 02:03:48 AM
Jennifer Garner has always been on my list... don't see how you could say she's not beautiful.

A few weeks back didn't he pick out Serena as one of the most beautiful in the world?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on September 21, 2012, 02:03:48 AM

Jennifer Garner has always been on my list... don't see how you could say she's not beautiful.

She has the body of an 11 year old boy, a forehead the size of Mount Rushmore, and a frightening man jaw.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 21, 2012, 04:15:42 AM

A few weeks back didn't he pick out Serena as one of the most beautiful in the world?

Exactly.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 21, 2012, 01:59:14 AM
Hell yeah, Lucky Lager Vancouver's finest!! I would also like to throw Colt .45 into the mix, thanks to the big guy in the sky (Lando).
If you know Lucky, any chance you've ever crossed paths with Bull Max? The name says it all.

No, I don't recall Bull Max.  Of course, there are large chunks of time back then that I don't recall, so anything is possible.  :o  I had one run in with the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull.   That ended badly when I woke up in the ER the next day after having a case of alcohol poisoning.  I'm amazed I survived my 14th year.

Channeling a dead black blues-man.

Walking around the house singing in a Ray Charles range, making up lyrics - "hey, what you gonna do? the house is on fire baby..."

People are beginning to worry.

No need to worry me. Worry about your fucking house.

Baby.

[attachimg=1]

BobGrau

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 21, 2012, 12:12:10 PM
Channeling a dead black blues-man.

Walking around the house singing in a Ray Charles range, making up lyrics - "hey, what you gonna do? the house is on fire baby..."

People are beginning to worry.

No need to worry me. Worry about your fucking house.

Baby.

Strange. I genuinely offered to burn someone's house down today.

Juan

Somethin's going on.  There are no coincidences.

ziznak

"West of the Rockies we have Unstable Cat Lady... Hellowww catlady howareyewwwwwww????"
"Ohhhhhh GAWD GEORGE MY DOCTOR SEZZ...."
"ooops where'd ya goww??? ah shesh gaaaaahn!! Next caller!"

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on September 07, 2012, 03:16:30 PM
Somebody mentioned Flo from the insurance commercials...   Yep... I'd totally file my claim with her.

Advertising Age has just listed its Top Ten Female Advertising Icons of all time. There's only one in the last 25 years - guess who, ziz? http://adage.com/article/special-report-100-most-influential-women-in-advertising/ad-age-picks-top-10-female-ad-icons-time/237369/

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on September 24, 2012, 10:39:37 AM
Advertising Age has just listed its Top Ten Female Advertising Icons of all time. There's only one in the last 25 years - guess who, ziz? http://adage.com/article/special-report-100-most-influential-women-in-advertising/ad-age-picks-top-10-female-ad-icons-time/237369/

I see they forgot to list "Aunt Jemima" who is still on my box of Pancake Mix...

A female icon that creates a strong association with a specific entity; that stimulates cash flow; manipulates perception & behavior; has advertised to more people than the list combined, by a factor of at least 100,000; and ~truly~ meets up to the word "icon?"

Forgive them, Father, for they have committed a grave sin of omission.

Perhaps for penance they will expectorate twenty-five Hail Betty Crockers.

(While the Morton Salt Umbrella Girl would be of no use in an exorcist's arsenal, I do find Morton's product itself handy in those sticky situations encountered while navigating the ~Deep South~.)

[attachimg=1]

Eddie Coyle

I need to advance myself by name dropping, so I'm going to state the names of people I've actually worked with over the years. Such as:

Jim Paige
                        Jim Hendricks(old white guy)
                        Richard Thompson
                        Tony Williams
                        John McGlaughlin
                        Lewis Reed(West Indian guy)
                        Bobby Dillon
                        James Brown
                        Steve Tyler

Sounds impressive, huh?

ChewMouse

I collect old ads, and here's one that would make Aunt Jemima cringe.

From 1920:

Morgus

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 02:06:34 PM

Wow - Aunt Jemima's appearance sure changed over the decades.

Here is how she looks nowadays on the pancake mix boxes:

An older image of Aunt Jemima:

There also is a "Mrs. Butterworth" on some syrups too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 02:06:34 PM

From 1920:

so there's something wrong with this?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on September 24, 2012, 04:40:52 PM

so there's something wrong with this?

oh, forgot to add my sarcasm tags.

hee!!

ziznak

remember the racial crap they used to do on tom and jerry?  the maid and the "splashed with mud" corn-rowed child look?

and of course banned for life good ol speedy gonzales... miss him

3OctaveFart

Anyone here ever dealt with a neighbor who incessantly slams a door? The guy is going out to smoke 10-15 times a day, only he can't close the door like a normal person, so it's the equivalent of 20-30 shotgun blasts. It's been driving me insane for the last two days. I'm not naturally confrontational, just really getting fed up.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on September 24, 2012, 07:31:50 PM
Anyone here ever dealt with a neighbor who incessantly slams a door? The guy is going out to smoke 10-15 times a day, only he can't close the door like a normal person, so it's the equivalent of 20-30 shotgun blasts. It's been driving me insane for the last two days. I'm not naturally confrontational, just really getting fed up.
Very annoying and you have my empathy. Look at the bright side, lung cancer can't be that far away.

McPhallus

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on September 24, 2012, 07:31:50 PM

I once lived in a hotel for over a year, and at one point several of the rooms were occupied by some redneck construction guys who weren't from the area.  One of them occupied a room down the hall from me, and he used to slam the door so hard when coming home late at night that I could hear the walls shake. But at least it finally helped convinced me to move out.

MV/Liberace!

over the years i've seen numerous people sign up to coastgab, start posting really hot and heavy for quite a stretch of time, and then disappear forever.  i always wonder what happened to them.  did something anger them?  did they die?  i guess i'll never know.  i'm aware of only two coastgab users who've died: artbellfan (a.k.a. shirleypal at the fantastic forum) and the other guy whose son posted to let everyone know of his death.  can't recall his screen name.  i have reason to believe centurion73 has died, but i have no way to know... so he'd be only the third i'm aware of.  it annoys me that i can't know.

McPhallus

Quote from: MV on September 25, 2012, 04:58:20 PM
over the years i've seen numerous people sign up to coastgab, start posting really hot and heavy for quite a stretch of time, and then disappear forever.  i always wonder what happened to them.  did something anger them?  did they die?  i guess i'll never know.  i'm aware of only two coastgab users who've died: artbellfan (a.k.a. shirleypal at the fantastic forum) and the other guy whose son posted to let everyone know of his death.  can't recall his screen name.  i have reason to believe centurion73 has died, but i have no way to know... so he'd be only the third i'm aware of.  it annoys me that i can't know.

Where are they now, I wonder......
Anagrammy
the_wanderer
Fort Rock
BlutSauger

I can name at least one who needed psychiatric care.

ziznak

where the hell is guildnav??? he was the shit

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on September 25, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
Where are they now, I wonder......
Anagrammy
the_wanderer
Fort Rock
BlutSauger

I can name at least one who needed psychiatric care.
One may have been shot and killed by security in Cannes.

onan

Where is EvB? the person that truly gave this place some class.

And AldousBurbank... he said he was going to tell us some stories of jail time in Mexico... then poof.

The General

Sometimes people come back, too.  You never know.  Fry's Girl and Camazotz Automat came back after disappearing for a long time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on September 25, 2012, 08:40:20 PM
Where is EvB? the person that truly gave this place some class.

ev is alive and well.  i think she just isn't really into posting here anymore for whatever reason.  i've tried to get her to come back a couple of times and then she obliges in short bursts, only to vanish again.  she and i do talk pretty regularly though.  try sending her a PM and let her know she's missed (by people other than me).  maybe that'll do the trick.

MV/Liberace!

anybody remember the coastgab user who went by avi and whose wife was supposedly giving birth to a new child every 6-8 weeks... yet he managed numerous "wall of text" posts per day.  no way that guy was legit.  as a new father of just one child (and an easy child, at that), i can't imagine having time for such a trivial pursuit while being AT ALL helpful with the baby.  no way that guy was a married father of 13 (or however many it was by the time of his steamy departure).