Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.




MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 29, 2010, 02:15:20 AM

god damn i hate urinals.  i avoid using them whenever possible.  the smell of their putrefied public filth wafting through the air into your face is too much for me to take.  they are just awful.

Gabor Sweden751110


Stevenqbosell

Just got sent this in a happy new year text



3 letters... WTF

MV/Liberace!

hey everybody.  i have just been skull-fucked by alcohol.  happy new year.

b_dubb

happy new year.  next year use a skull condom

EvB

Quote from: MV on January 01, 2011, 12:45:38 AM
hey everybody.  i have just been skull-fucked by alcohol.  happy new year.




That's why i make it a strict rule to only indulge in moderation, and only at the most appropriate times.  :-X

Stevenqbosell

Working tonight... I'll take the OT, and besides... someone has to keep the world going round...

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on January 01, 2011, 01:12:17 AM



That's why i make it a strict rule to only indulge in moderation, and only at the most appropriate times.  :-X



MV/Liberace!

i can't believe i never vomited last night.   ahhh... the miracle of drinking water.

Silent

Quote from: MV on December 15, 2010, 06:42:52 PM
if anyone on this site has a pipeline into the music industry, please make this guy rich and famous.  he deserves it.

Pardon my language but this shit fucking pisses me off.  Last night we had on the New Years Rockin' Eve thing with those horrible no talent fucks all over the TV with their trash music with no soul.  Meanwhile these guys are playing in some shit hole bar with 3 people to applaud them.  It's not right.  This culture is ass backwards and pays attention to the wrong things.  I want to puke thinking about it.

Anyway...great video and thanks for posting it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 01, 2011, 02:13:20 PM
This culture is ass backwards and pays attention to the wrong things.  I want to puke thinking about it.
you said it.  we are a culture in decline, and i think our gravitation toward soulless, uninspired, corporate dog-shit music/entertainment is evidence of that.

b_dubb

it sucks that our "culture" is being determined largely by assholes in board meetings with marketing degrees.  there's great music out there.  great writing.  painting.  very creative people doing really interesting stuff.  but because people think that there TV is the all mighty fucking arbiter of what's acceptable ... all that great stuff get's marginalized. 

shoot your TV.  or just turn it off

Silent

I think you're right on about the TV.  Another way to look at it though is that they are only giving us what sells the best.  Unfortunately lots of people judge appearances first and talent second.  Our culture is so shallow that the two go hand in hand and we end up with people like Lady Gaga being presented to us as a musical talent.  It doesn't matter if you rely on blatantly ripping off music from 20 years ago and can barely muster a tune, you look good doing it so here's a pile of cash.

I don't have cable or sattelite TV and havn't bothered with it in 10 years at least.  I use Netfix streaming and demonoid for the handful of shows I care about and will occasionally watch a dvd or blu-ray.  The looks and attitudes I get from people at work when I tell them I don't have cable TV and never watch network TV are telling about the world we live in.  I get laughed at like I'm a weirdo or a cheapskate who's only trying to save money.  I don't miss it one bit and wouldn't let them install it if they paid me, just out of principal.

It is a little depressing but the situation is entertaining in itself to me from a psychological and sociological perspective.

b_dubb

tonight's guest ( Joseph Jacobs - Sunday January 2, 2011 ) is boring me to tears.  numerology?  really?  ohhhh ffs!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 03, 2011, 12:23:52 AM
tonight's guest ( Joseph Jacobs - Sunday January 2, 2011 ) is boring me to tears.  numerology?  really?  ohhhh ffs!
i'd rather eat a paper bag stuffed with old man hair than listen to a show on numerology.

Vatar

Quote from: MV on January 03, 2011, 06:14:59 PM
i'd rather eat a paper bag stuffed with old man hair than listen to a show on numerology.

What if the hair was of the pubic variety?

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on January 03, 2011, 06:14:59 PM
i'd rather eat a paper bag stuffed with old man hair than listen to a show on numerology.


with or without steak sauce and sauteed mushrooms?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vatar on January 03, 2011, 07:00:22 PM
What if the hair was of the pubic variety?
even if the hair were pubic and mexican.


[/racial insensitivity]

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: b_dubb on January 02, 2011, 05:28:55 PM
shoot your TV.  or just turn it off

This.

I only have a HDTV for my Xbox 360 / PS3, limited DVD use, or for Lakers, NBA Finals, and Super Bowl.  I MAYBE watch less than 48 hours of broadcast TV in a year

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on January 04, 2011, 03:35:23 AM
This.

I only have a HDTV for my Xbox 360 / PS3, limited DVD use, or for Lakers, NBA Finals, and Super Bowl.  I MAYBE watch less than 48 hours of broadcast TV in a year
nabila and i do all of our TV viewing using the roku player which streams netflix and a host of other online content.  i use the western digital tv live box to watch downloaded video (things i got off of bittorrent).  nabila watches a TON of arab movies streaming on her computer from some arab website.  we watch ZERO cable tv, and even less broadcast tv.  our viewing habits are indicative of an exponentially increasing, unstoppable trend among younger americans.  it's really going to shake up the media industry over the next ten to twenty years... and that's a good thing.  irrelevant endeavors like the cbs evening news and your local horse-shit tv news will go away.  your cable company will have to find a way to become profitable selling only internet access.


i predict that in the next ten years, there is a good chance your cable company will stop providing tv content and instead offer only an internet pipe for you to consume.  they don't want to be an internet pipe, but market forces will push them to become just that.

RoadDog

Quote from: b_dubb on January 02, 2011, 05:28:55 PM
it sucks that our "culture" is being determined largely by assholes in board meetings with marketing degrees.  there's great music out there.  great writing.  painting.  very creative people doing really interesting stuff.  but because people think that there TV is the all mighty fucking arbiter of what's acceptable ... all that great stuff get's marginalized. 

shoot your TV.  or just turn it off

Haven't owned one myself in about ten years. Advertisements literally make me want to slap the claptrap out of whoever thought I was too stupid to make up my own mind. Then there's the actual programming...

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: MV on January 04, 2011, 10:22:16 AM
i use the western digital tv live box to watch downloaded video (things i got off of bittorrent).

Totally, I got a NBOX Digital Media Player (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N3DIC4/ref=oss_product)) which I had been looking for, for years!

I used to work at Best Buy, so i didn't go in thinking they were all idiots. I went in and asked some asshat if they had, essentially a .avi / m.mpeg / etc player - "No, they don't make them. You'll have to get a PC video out card, look over there" as he pointed me to a $150 video card - Best Buy sucks ass.

Found the Nbox, and it totally does everything I ask it to do. Once I got that, it really was the seal of doom for cable... I only hve it for internet

onan

It's not the tv's fault and to some degree its not the mindless soulless shitfucks that do the programming or the madison avenue shitsifters. Although I would be somewhat tickled if they all dropped into some pit of bile and had to consume nothing but what they had promoted. I hate the average guy that brags about his collection of bass fishing lures and the mom that thinks her social obligation ends at taking her kid to piano lessons.

I hate to be the buzzkill but someone has to hold the frikken lazy-thought bastards accountable. Yeah american idol does big business... never seen it and I make fun of those that do watch it. If someone in earshot discusses any reality show I have to fight my soul not to cut them into pieces and feed them to the mma crowd.

Lets face it, its not the government not the advertizers... its us and most of us like to never have a thought... cuz its just too damn hard.

The General

I hate it when people 'bounce' when they walk.  Stop it.  Toe-walkers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on January 04, 2011, 11:44:03 AM
I went in and asked some asshat if they had, essentially a .avi / m.mpeg / etc player - "No, they don't make them. You'll have to get a PC video out card, look over there" as he pointed me to a $150 video card - Best Buy sucks ass.
what makes this even worse is that they sell the wd tv live... AT FUCKING BEST BUY!!!  god i hate that place.  they're next on the chopping block right after circuit city.  can't wait.

RoadDog

I often wish that stupid people would, spontaneously, become smarter. Some days, I really think I may have caught their plague, and I seek a glimmer of hope that I can be salvaged, if such is the case.

b_dubb

Ed Dames on tonight.  No radio ... especially no C2C ... tonight

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod