• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

ksm32

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 01:05:36 AM
Thank you!  Legs are the only way I can get them all the way up for now, but I am trying to cut them out.  Once I hit failure with the 45s, should I continue to put them halfway up, or switch to the 30s for the rest?

The goal is nice neat spherical shoulders that look good in a tank top instead of these bony things I have.
Bud, if you're having to use your legs in order to complete the movement, the 45's are still too heavy.   Also.. without proper form you're risking injury (pinched nerves in back) sort of thing - IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? STOP MAKING ME YELL!   Go back to the 30's (which may be too light) or pick up some 35's and 40's that allow you to use proper form. 30 to 45 is a helluva jump. Do the math.

With proper form and appropriate weight you'll achieve your goal(s) much sooner than you will pissing around making it up as you go..

K_Dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 19, 2021, 02:00:44 AM
Bud, if you're having to use your legs in order to complete the movement, the 45's are still too heavy.   Also.. without proper form you're risking injury (pinched nerves in back) sort of thing - IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? STOP MAKING ME YELL!   Go back to the 30's (which may be too light) or pick up some 35's and 40's that allow you to use proper form. 30 to 45 is a helluva jump. Do the math.

With proper form and appropriate weight you'll achieve your goal(s) much sooner than you will pissing around making it up as you go..

That is so sweet of you 💗 thank you!  But I should probably point out that, rather than pumping away dutifully like the fellow above, my technique (insofar as something so haphazard deserves the name) is to leave the weights in the middle of the floor and, in imitation of a model/MMA guy at the gym whose impossibly slender and elegant but doubtlessly lethal physique I admired, rush at them spontaneously from whatever direction and, in a violent compound movement, heave them into the air with as much fury as I can muster, with repetitions to follow.  You can see where the finer points of form tend to fall by the wayside.

I would never attempt this at the gym -- I am sure I would burst out laughing, and probably everyone else, too -- but at home alone it is perfectly safe, and I haven't launched anything through the window yet.  Having made it from barely wobbling them at shoulder height to now at the top of my head I can see progress; it is just the last bit which seems to involve mostly the triceps that needs a little bounce.  The question is, is it better to try, and fail, or complete with a much-lower weight?

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 11:46:50 AM
I think you have to ask MDMD bunny.

You down to bump some lines?

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 11:45:53 AM
That is so sweet of you 💗 thank you!  But I should probably point out that, rather than pumping away dutifully like the fellow above, my technique (insofar as something so haphazard deserves the name) is to leave the weights in the middle of the floor and, in imitation of a model/MMA guy at the gym whose impossibly slender and elegant but doubtlessly lethal physique I admired, rush at them spontaneously from whatever direction and, in a violent compound movement, heave them into the air with as much fury as I can muster, with repetitions to follow. You can see where the finer points of form tend to fall by the wayside.

You need to eat more, and cut down on the tabacco.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 19, 2021, 11:48:31 AM
You down to bump some lines?

Oh no I don't do that, bunny, but if you happen to have the dried leaf of the true coca bush in a litte silk bag, along with lime or that bitter gourd they carry around and scrape at to use as a condiment, I will happily make a tiny bolus and place it in my cheek for a modest restorative.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 19, 2021, 11:50:11 AM

No there is fat I can pinch!  Left over from Christmas -- I am thoroughly disgusted with myself.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 18, 2021, 03:13:55 PM
I’m watching the live feed of Perseverance lander arriving on the surface of mars. The motto of the mission is displayed on a wall behind the control team in large letters-

Dare
Mighty
Things

Uhm, the acronym makes me wonder what these people are smoking.
I hope NASA will release the photos of not only the 'faces on Mars" but also pictures of the little machine elves there. RCH says that they probably won't. And Terence isn't around to comment.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 11:54:10 AM
No there is fat I can pinch!  Left over from Christmas -- I am thoroughly disgusted with myself.
Apparently you need to eat only "Special K" cereal. Or so I recall the commercials telling the country.

ksm32

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 19, 2021, 11:50:11 AM
That would be good.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 11:45:53 AM
That is so sweet of you 💗

..  :-\  Just pointing a few things out, doesn't make me "sweet"..

Regards

-SM

AZZERAE

Quote from: ksm32 on February 19, 2021, 12:11:48 PM
Just pointing a few things out, doesn't make me "sweet".

You'll get used to the Happycore troll, in time.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2021, 12:06:41 PM
Apparently you need to eat only "Special K" cereal. Or so I recall the commercials telling the country.

Haha pure sugar, might as well have a snickerdoodle!  Chicken breast, all the way, with halibut and cod for variety.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 19, 2021, 12:11:48 PM
..  :-\  Just pointing a few things out, doesn't make me "sweet"..

Regards

-SM

You are hot and have long hair *sigh* and giant muscles and it is sweet of you to notice me at all 💋💋💋 let alone evince a concern for my back, pinched nerves, etc. that is almost paternal 😍

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 12:52:09 PM
Chicken breast, all the way, with halibut and cod for variety.

High protein feces. Imagine the smell.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 19, 2021, 12:44:08 PM
You'll get used to the Happycore troll, in time.

hush, bunny 😎

K_Dubb

I hate it when you have ham for breakfast and then later you smell down your shirt and you kind of smell like ham.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 06:57:01 PM
I hate it when you have ham for breakfast and then later you smell down your shirt and you kind of smell like ham.

That’s probably just your normal smell.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 19, 2021, 06:57:01 PM
Trolling for bears with ham, what has happened to BellGab?

Jackstar

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2021, 04:57:59 AM
Trolling for bears with ham, what has happened to BellGab?

I overloaded their disclosure-o-meters. It's not a mortal strike. They're over in the EllGab bunkers, bobbing for apples.

This is partially how I know there is reality here. If I were imagining things out of pure hallucination, I would be enjoying the experience far more. As it is, "huh, I'm an obnoxious diplomat and frighten off alien races by explaining Chess to them in such exquisitely drawn out and boring detail that they would rather collectively neck their entire genome rather than come too close to his "area" -- I mean, I don't even know what that is at any given moment, typically. Or, do I? Basically, like a Vogon / Romulan Chimera. I call it... The Showboat Elite!!!" This does lead to a great many fun times, but it's not what I would have chosen if I were in charge. And I don't like the punchlines.

Speaking of "in charge," I'm sure when the dust settles and I arrange my little dog-and-pony show into a more efficient package, this swill will result in more and steady amounts of eyeballs. I don't even know what I should be addressing at this point, but it will come to me as Spirit moves me to do so. And I mean, move me from 'dimension to dimension.' Spirit instructs one's vision, as it is a basic mastery of viewing angles. It's really much easier than one might think.

Comedy is hard.

ksm32

I have to tidy up and organize my work bench today.
Been enjoying a mini series called The Queens Gambit - Chess related of course and very, very good.
Strip loins tonight.  -Blackened-
Wife wants new floors in her office. My solution; YOU HAVE AN OFFICE - AT WORK! GO THERE! And your office floors are just fine.
New neighbor is apparently a real 'Lawn Guy'.. we'll see in a few short months who's who.

Asuka Langley

I hope these are liberal cockroaches from California and not authentic Texans or i am disappoint.

Who don't know how to shut off a water main?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCK8Ia-urMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34uzSUmWYA

Check out Legends of the Superstitions - I had never heard of it but it is a jewel. One of those short lived "reality" shows from History Channel. It's a group of dudes trying to find the Lost Dutchman Mine in the Superstition Mountains. It's a hoot. There is one guy that thinks he's R. Lee Ermey. Another older guy has a long white beard and looks like he is trying to be a Scooby Doo villain. They get out into the sticks and start digging around for clues but they start to freak themselves out. They start to think there is another shadowy group out to murder them. Then they start seeing Apache helicopters in the sky and now they have the Army on their ass. They start finding black handprints and tie that into some sort of Apache Warrior cult so now they have ghosts on their ass. They come back to their camp and there is a fresh little pyramid of stones. They remove the stones and underneath the pyramid there is a black hand.  Pandemonium ensues and they flee in terror. Back in they world they look up some old guys that convince them that there aren't Apache Warrior ghosts out to get them. 

Finding their courage they head back out into the gnarl and start seeing crosses everywhere. Spanish Jesuits of course. They follow the Jesuit leads until they get to this cave out in the middle of nowhere. Soon they are up to their ankles in dead bats and guano. No masks or respirators of course, so they start gagging and yakking. They "discover" a creepy ladder going up into nothingness. One guy starts to climb it and about 30 feet of the ground starts getting woozy from the guano stench and almost loses it.

Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHtxFXJbZvo