• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

pate

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2021, 09:26:47 AM
Who would've thought that expensive, and ugly, windmills could ice up and cause rolling black-outs?

Hah, talked to a friend of mine that works at the what I assume to be the LAST operational Coal-fired power Plant in the Nation this morning.  I had to get a full report on why my Mother awoke this morning to find her C-PAP not running, house dark and getting chilly.

Apparently, she was a victim of a "rolling black-out."

No warning of course, other than vague news reports that you might experience short electrical outage that will knock out your freaking HOME VENTILATOR and suffocate you in your sleep...

I digress.

My friend at the local Coal-fired Power Plant apparently had a rough 12-hour shift last night...  He was mildly amused that the Solar Farm out in Kansas that failed horribly is responsible for both his rough night and apparently his impending job loss in the next few years because "...eww dirty coal!  GLOBAL WARMING, ermagawhd!.."

I told him that I would sell him excess power from my YIMBY Rickover Nuclear Reactor in the PFDRp as soon as this Election Theft Stuff is sorted out.  He will get the Favored Neighboring Nation discount rate...

Part of the problem last night, apparently is that some of his plant's power generation was destined to shore up the Mexican Power Grid or something.

All I can say is THANKS BIDEN!

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on February 16, 2021, 03:55:01 PM
Hah, talked to a friend of mine that works at the what I assume to be the LAST operational Coal-fired power Plant in the Nation this morning.  I had to get a full report on why my Mother awoke this morning to find her C-PAP not running, house dark and getting chilly.

No warning of course, other than vague news reports that you might experience short electrical outage that will knock out your freaking HOME VENTILATOR and suffocate you in your sleep...

I digress.

My friend at the local Coal-fired Power Plant apparently had a rough 12-hour shift last night...  He was mildly amused that the Solar Farm out in Kansas that failed horribly is responsible for both his rough night and apparently his impending job loss in the next few years because "...eww dirty coal!  GLOBAL WARMING, ermagawhd!.."

I told him that I would sell him excess power from my YIMBY Rickover Nuclear Reactor in the PFDRp as soon as this Election Theft Stuff is sorted out.  He will get the Favored Neighboring Nation discount rate...

Part of the problem last night, apparently is that some of his plant's power generation was destined to shore up the Mexican Power Grid or something.

-p

I doubt your VP feels similarly. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: pate on February 16, 2021, 03:55:01 PM

I digress.

-p
Local AM had some 'authority' on and he, frankly, sounded nervous. Especially since apparently it was discovered that scams like windmills and green aren't working but we paid a lot in and some of the directors of the outfit are not Texas-based but in places like Michigan and even Cologne, Germany! And apparently sending some power to Ol' Mexico but blacking out Texans.

Now we have our 'own grid' so I could come up with a conspiracy that this event will be 'used,' (never let a good crisis go to waste) to 'correct' that, which could induce more future problems once the Chinese attack or even just a larger 'weather event.'

https://www.keranews.org/texas-news/2021-02-16/why-does-texas-have-its-own-power-grid
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Reliability_Council_of_Texas

Now we got a zoom call and reports of 'price gouging' for other goods although I also heard that due to demand ERCOT was going to 'raise rates!' 

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2021, 03:52:51 PM
It never really went out of fashion in certain communities but I think the Corona-Chan lock-down and no barbers is bringing it back to the non-hockey or non-mountain communities.  One thing I also laughed at is how they make minor league hockey players suit up for press conferences or meet-and-greets. Some of their hair oil approaches Jimmy Church levels. One recalls satire of the infamous fashion show in "Slapshot."

You have a mullet admit it

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2021, 04:25:01 PM
You have a diaper on your face. Admit it.

Well not right now I am smoking my pipe.  But I will put it back on as soon as I am done!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 16, 2021, 04:26:55 PM
Well not right now I am smoking my pipe.  But I will put it back on as soon as I am done!

In your home?! ::)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 16, 2021, 04:24:09 PM
You have a mullet admit it
In "these unprecedented times" and "weather events" I wish I would've keep my hair longer! Alas, not so. Though not trimming beard until "weather events" are over. And play-offis. Kidding. Though I'm testing nearby creeks and ponds to see when skating would be possible. "Unprecedented" here. Philips/Norelco be damned! Plus they are saying that we should unplug devices and not use electricity unless absolutely necessary and to avoid potential damage to electronic items or even fires from surges etc from their rolling blackouts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 16, 2021, 04:36:36 PM
The covid might come through the WINDOW!!!

You should just hide under your bed. It won’t find you there. How many viruses look under the bed?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2021, 04:30:26 PM
In "these unprecedented times" and "weather events" I wish I would've keep my hair longer! Alas, not so. Though not trimming beard until "weather events" are over. And play-offis. Kidding. Though I'm testing nearby creeks and ponds to see when skating would be possible. "Unprecedented" here. Philips/Norelco be damned! Plus they are saying that we should unplug devices and not use electricity unless absolutely necessary and to avoid potential damage to electronic items or even fires from surges etc from their rolling blackouts.

Haha yeah never got cold enough here, and everything is melting now.  I was pleased to learn that, despite threats, the Dutch managed to play Hans Brinker.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56054975

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2021, 04:43:02 PM
Should you be grovelling or something?

Already gave it up this morning, in The Halls Of The Mountain Goddess at Valhalla. (It's a modest, humble, yet still glamorous Hall, and it checks out. Oh it checks out strong. With a hard Arrrrr.) Relax. You're good. Busted. F*****! Whatevah.

Would I lie to you: no. Would I let you lie to me: yeah, I sure would, for as long as I could stand it, which was about 9 hours and 55 minutes, most of it on f****** 95% mute, ya big galoot. No--PRESTO--you're a gig balut!

It really won't be like you think. If that one loan neuron you got to run around doing the usual workload of the usual 88 billion suspects doesn't get its marker called in the next hour and a half... Which it probably won't, ESPECIALLY if The Goddess puts the phucking Forbidden Fruit on the phucking phone, Your Friend probably won't notice that I've done anything at all. Maybe. Actually you know what I never done this before so I don't know what but it's going to happen but if you still haven't gotten your black team finished learning how to tie their shoes yet I'm sure she could teach them everything that you need to know about that, all at once. They might even all neck themselves with all their shoelaces that you just taught them painstakingly how to tie for the 99th time. Good thing you taught them that, and not how to deal with Me. (Nice plan. She ain't about the curtains.) Salt? You're thinking warlock. Totally different Master. Totally different bait. And I'm not wanting to know for certain, but I don't think warlocks are allowed to eat their own semen, because, you guessed it: salt. (I picked the thug life, but Source picked my inner teen.) Even if you had gotten that far--yeah, right--you would have needed an entirely different solution. And, once I broke your jawbone at 25.5 yards out, and then broke your jaw at the 25 yd line, mother f*****, they would have scattered anyway, in dread panic at the thought of the oncoming field goal attempt, though I give respect for planning to come yourself. Where did you get the teleporter, Fred Meyer? Yeah I can tell, it says Fisher-Price on the side. Say goodnight, Gracie: the artist is going to come get you. Oh, did they stop off for a bite to eat? Yeah I'm not surprised. See this is why I'm opposed to strictly see&plant-based diets: it ruins the possibility of spontaneity for those truly unexpected Kodak moments.

No worries: She's not getting the hose again. She's never even gotten the lotion or the hose! That's how I know: She will be back. Not in black. Not in a red dress. Not even in a blue dress. ALL ADDRESS.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 16, 2021, 04:41:18 PM
Haha yeah never got cold enough here, and everything is melting now.  I was pleased to learn that, despite threats, the Dutch managed to play Hans Brinker.

I got my silver blades awaiting. Edges of creek are frozen but still not enough to skate here. Glad they managed. There it is a perfect system if cold freeze because not really flowing water and canals connecting towns.

If I were adolescent I would snigger and make bad puns about 'fingers in dykes.'

This was an odd thing! I recall that they do play baseball also there (not on ice) but call it Honkbal.

https://twitter.com/VOCRotterdam/status/1360569499053875200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Asuka Langley on February 16, 2021, 05:03:59 PM
Baked Alaska's widow building a gaming PC *live*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5MJKn8PLUs

Widow?! She looks like she’s 13. We talkin the Apalachas here or what?

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2021, 05:06:34 PM
Widow?! She looks like she’s 13.

The tattoo on her arm clearly reads "they killed my husband in 1994 and all I got was an orangutan and this lousy tattoo made from sorcerers inc (2x sick)"

And even with all this proof I'm still thinking about getting one. I'll show you the star later, it's got rights, it's awesome; I don't want to put it on the web without asking first. (Cheese!)

I'm cool like that. Day One Lesson One Sourceror's School: ask permission.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2021, 05:06:34 PM
Widow?! She looks like she’s 13. We talkin the Apalachas here or what?

I think shes 22ish, she has the mentality of a 13 year old though. A simp bought her all of these parts and the CPU just went flying across the floor when she opened it. This wont end well lol

pate

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 16, 2021, 04:41:18 PM

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2021, 04:50:56 PM
I got my silver blades awaiting. Edges of creek are frozen but still not enough to skate here. Glad they managed. There it is a perfect system if cold freeze because not really flowing water and canals connecting towns.

If I were adolescent I would snigger and make bad puns about 'fingers in dykes.'

This was an odd thing! I recall that they do play baseball also there (not on ice) but call it Honkbal.

I was tempted to break out my seldom used cross-country skis yesterday, it is rare to have the sort of deep freeze and dry powder around here to make it worth it.  Usually the ground is so warm that the scales on the bottom of them just gunk up with mud, and you end up tearing up the already stressed turf in the park or golf course you are skiing on...

I actually jacked up a neighborhood golf-course when I was a dumb 17-19yr old a billion years ago cross-country skiing on it... had the start of a nice run but half-way down the hill the skis started gunking up and ripping up the fairway!  I felt pretty bad, partly because one of my brothers was on the ground crew.  heh.

If we had a few more inches of snow I would have, as it is now it is thin enough that you could run over an obscured hunk of midwest limestone and really jack up the skis.  So I just shoveled my driveway and helped out some neighbors with theirs;  probably about the same amount of sore-ness as I would have gotten had I skied.

Al, I recommend against trying to ice skate down in TX.  Unless it is a really shallow puddle that has frozen all the way to the bottom, you need like a foot or so of solid ice over anything deep enough to drown you...  Take a friend with you if you do.

I know from experience how lonely it is to be out near the middle of a largish lake and hearing a "craaaaack" that clearly extends several feet on either side of you.  I think that was on ice that was solid from the shore to where it got out to a foot or so deep, but in the channel it started to thin out.  I was crossing a creek arm that fed into a reservoir, thinking it would be a nice "short-cut" home from school.

I felt pretty dumb for the rest of the walk home, especially since I had to back track quite a bit... 

It was neat seeing fish near the shore frozen in the ice though, it was clear as glass down to at least 8 inches.

I wonder how long it would have taken themthe hobo elite to find me if I had fallen through and froze/drowned?

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on February 16, 2021, 06:26:40 PM
I felt pretty dumb for the rest of the walk home, especially since I had to back track quite a bit... 

-p

Hey, at least you tried and did your best.
That’s all that counts.
We’re all routing for you, “buddy.”

albrecht

Quote from: pate on February 16, 2021, 06:26:40 PM
I was tempted to break out my seldom used cross-country skis yesterday, it is rare to have the sort of deep freeze and dry powder around here to make it worth it.  Usually the ground is so warm that the scales on the bottom of them just gunk up with mud, and you end up tearing up the already stressed turf in the park or golf course you are skiing on...

I actually jacked up a neighborhood golf-course when I was a dumb 17-19yr old a billion years ago cross-country skiing on it... had the start of a nice run but half-way down the hill the skis started gunking up and ripping up the fairway!  I felt pretty bad, partly because one of my brothers was on the ground crew.  heh.

If we had a few more inches of snow I would have, as it is now it is thin enough that you could run over an obscured hunk of midwest limestone and really jack up the skis.  So I just shoveled my driveway and helped out some neighbors with theirs;  probably about the same amount of sore-ness as I would have gotten had I skied.

Al, I recommend against trying to ice skate down in TX.  Unless it is a really shallow puddle that has frozen all the way to the bottom, you need like a foot or so of solid ice over anything deep enough to drown you...  Take a friend with you if you do.

I know from experience how lonely it is to be out near the middle of a largish lake and hearing a "craaaaack" that clearly extends several feet on either side of you.  I think that was on ice that was solid from the shore to where it got out to a foot or so deep, but in the channel it started to thin out.  I was crossing a creek arm that fed into a reservoir, thinking it would be a nice "short-cut" home from school.

It was neat seeing fish near the shore frozen in the ice though, it was clear as glass down to at least 8 inches.

I wonder how long it would have taken themthe hobo elite to find me if I had fallen through and froze/drowned?

-p
I think one can skate if +/- 6 inches thick. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get there! But thanks for the advice, and concern. I recall people doing dock repair and such with heavy-ass trucks on frozen lake ice up north. Not sure how thick but it must have been a lot. And still I was thinking: "I wouldn't want to be driving a crane on the ice because that will sink fast!"

There is a whole 'thing' of ice fishing up there which can be a simple as you want or like The Masters or football tailgating type of corporate events where you booze up your clients and the fishing is a secondary aspect.

Be safe, all in these "unprecedented times" and "weather events." Especially those in Southern climes not used to "arctic blasts" or walking, operating, or living in cold conditions. And those up there a bit amused, I will sent you months of no rain and 100F+ conditions this summer.