• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

ItsOver

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-19-social-distancing-banished-words-list/507-715df913-bb27-4de3-8bcb-434ab9eaa506

“COVID-19” and “social distancing” are thrown in with “we’re all in this together," “in an abundance of caution” and “in these uncertain times” on the school’s light-hearted list of banned words and phrases for 2021.“

Quote from: ItsOver on January 02, 2021, 11:22:58 AM
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-19-social-distancing-banished-words-list/507-715df913-bb27-4de3-8bcb-434ab9eaa506

“COVID-19” and “social distancing” are thrown in with “we’re all in this together," “in an abundance of caution” and “in these uncertain times” on the school’s light-hearted list of banned words and phrases for 2021.“

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 02, 2021, 11:56:39 AM
I suppose sterilization is easier that way.

Gotta cut out the middleman. Get right to the point.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 02, 2021, 12:00:41 PM
Absolutely awesome.   :D

I'm kind of afraid what Turbomode awesome will be!?!

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 02, 2021, 12:07:08 PM
Gotta cut out the middleman. Get right to the point.

I'm kind of afraid what Turbomode awesome will be!?!
It’ll be even more absolutely awesome.  I’ll update FB and post a YT about it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 02, 2021, 11:44:23 AM

Hahaha I love the guy's expression they picked, like "yep buddy that's gonna hurt"

ItsOver

“When the first sign of intelligent life first visits us from space, it won’t be a giant saucer hovering over New York. More likely, it will be an alien civilization’s trash.

Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage.”

https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/a-harvard-professor-says-an-alien-visited-in-2017/

Nyewalker

Quote from: ItsOver on January 03, 2021, 05:48:28 AM
he’s already found some of that garbage.”

Hoagie should have him on ...

ItsOver

Quote from: Nyewalker on January 03, 2021, 06:00:13 AM
Hoagie should have him on ...
I’m taking a wild guess that Clyde will pick up on this for one night this week on Ground Zero.  He’s always liked talking about Oumuamua.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 03, 2021, 05:48:28 AM
“When the first sign of intelligent life first visits us from space, it won’t be a giant saucer hovering over New York. More likely, it will be an alien civilization’s trash.

Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage.”

https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/a-harvard-professor-says-an-alien-visited-in-2017/

Damn. Let's go track down where it came from and get some boots on the ground. It pains me that there is a hunk of universe that doesn't have a stripmall with a Food Lion/Wegmans/Albertsons/Kroger with a cell phone store and dry cleaners, shady Pakistani jewelry store, Subway, Chinese takeout joint with CVS and Bank of America outliers on it. 

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 03, 2021, 12:26:41 PM
Damn. Let's go track down where it came from and get some boots on the ground. It pains me that there is a hunk of universe that doesn't have a stripmall with a Food Lion/Wegmans/Albertsons/Kroger with a cell phone store and dry cleaners, shady Pakistani jewelry store, Subway, Chinese takeout joint with CVS and Bank of America outliers on it. 

Across from the nearby strip-mall anchored by HEB there is a house. A duplex. Fairly new build. One side had the 'hand' in neon and advertises 'psychic readings' and 'tarot.' The other side is something about 'investment advice.' They share the parking lot and same house and I reckon they are related. The Gypsies have nice cars also and has been around for a few years now so their operation must be doing ok. 

Quote from: albrecht on January 03, 2021, 12:36:47 PM
Across from the nearby strip-mall anchored by HEB there is a house. A duplex. Fairly new build. One side had the 'hand' in neon and advertises 'psychic readings' and 'tarot.' The other side is something about 'investment advice.' They share the parking lot and same house and I reckon they are related. The Gypsies have nice cars also and has been around for a few years now so their operation must be doing ok.

Our place here seems to be kicking ass too. Recently put on a new addition on her pad.

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 03, 2021, 12:26:41 PM

Don’t forget the tattoo place.  Nothing says class like that necessity.  Throw in a pawn shop and a bail bonds place, and then you’re really talking.  And after the elite rulers get finished with using the Wu Flu to knock off most small business, you can just use Amazon and Walmart, as they see fit.

It’s gonna be great, with the pathological power mad in complete control.  You’ll be praying for benevolent alien overlords.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 03, 2021, 01:00:27 PM
Our place here seems to be kicking ass too. Recently put on a new addition on her pad.

Ha. Hilarious. I forget isn't "walk in" some woo deal discussed by C2C guests over the years? Like when a UFO/Alien or Demon enters you? So are those Gypsies using the term "walk in" as a hair-dresser would or as a C2C guest would? Or both?

Somewhere around there in NC there is a whole town of grifters. Irish Travelers they are called. Have their own language (cant) and travel the country doing scams. But I actually am sort of impressed how subcultures can survive pogroms, hate, laws, zoning and public education rules, etc. Especially in modern times. My great aunt once told me a story that she was playing in what is now a park and came across a wagon camp with Gypsies, horses back then, and they ran off and hid because they feared being kidnapped.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 03, 2021, 01:03:53 PM
Don’t forget the tattoo place.  Nothing says class like that necessity.  Throw in a pawn shop and a bail bonds place, and then you’re really talking.  And after the elite rulers get finished with using the Wu Flu to knock off most small business, you can just use Amazon and Walmart, as they see fit.It’s gonna be great, with the pathological power mad in complete control.  You’ll be praying for benevolent alien overlords.
I do wonder about the priorities with the tattoo folks. I mean you can get them relatively cheaply done next time you are in prison, so why not use that $ to paint your house, fix your car, get a new suit, or pay that citation or back child-support? I get that there could be some practical tattoos but niche needed, blood type, DNR request, maybe that Cayman numbered account, and so on.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 07, 2021, 10:18:28 PM
Take the Poo Pill

https://twitter.com/NewshubNZ/status/1341274154272616448
Actually C2C and other places mentioned this decade ago, though it wasn't pill but some weird ecoli etc xfer to get colon and gut bacteria to good health, especially after severe antibiotic treatments. I didn't read this article but, back then, it was important, as I recall, to get from family or such (match stuff that should be in you already from childbirth, etc.) 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 07, 2021, 10:18:28 PM
Take the Poo Pill

https://twitter.com/NewshubNZ/status/1341274154272616448

There’s a type of friendly gut bacteria that is extracted from baby poo and has been an industry standard for years. I believe even some brands of yogurt use it.