• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: Laurakinch on August 28, 2016, 11:32:22 AM
Hey TL, our YP is otherwise occupied ATM so I'll answer for him.

The English spelling is always correct. We are the ones who have, and continue, to get it wrong. We ignorant lazy colonists couldn't be bothered to include all the vowels. ::) :)

Brainwashed. And I bet you have enjoyed every minute of it  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 28, 2016, 12:44:01 PM
Humour me and provide more colourful commentary.

Senda tells us on his videos he informs, educates and entertains..He lifted that from the original and current tennets of the BBC. I'm merely a conduit to educate the colonists on BG in the finer and more civilised (with an 's', not a 'z' (pronounced zed, NOT zee FFS!) ways of your mature motherland. SV is on the same mission, but he's expressed not entirely unwarranted scepticism (No K) in the chances of any significant success.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 12:56:34 PM

There's no argument from me on the origins of English. German, French, Latin, Arabic, Greek. The funniest line that Dubya ever uttered was "The French don't have a word for entrepreneur"

The one doing the rounds now because its so much more classy than saying it in English, and that is 'Faux'..Do people using it actually know what it means? Flogging is too good for them.

Hahaha excellent!  Great modern example -- English has always borrowed from French because it sounds classier.  My thesis is that you guys have done it far more than we have an yer all tryna talk like Frogs

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 28, 2016, 01:03:06 PM
Hahaha excellent!  Great modern example -- English has always borrowed from French because it sounds classier.  My thesis is that you guys have done it far more than we have an yer all tryna talk like Frogs

My accent is as far from French sounding as you can imagine.. ;D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

Well yeah you guys up there get a pass since you can still say your rs.  It's against the likes of Shreddi, whose accent bears the indelible stain of bankrupt French émigrés as mimicked by uncomprehending social climbers, that I grind my particular axe.  As the ladies swoon on either side, oblivious to my struggle.

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

Apogees four mine uncivileyed mode of parlance, c'est une petite faux-pas, n'est pas?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 28, 2016, 01:21:40 PM
Well yeah you guys up there get a pass since you can still say your rs.  It's against the likes of Shreddi, whose accent bears the indelible stain of bankrupt French émigrés as mimicked by uncomprehending social climbers, that I grind my particular axe.  As the ladies swoon on either side, oblivious to my struggle.

It is indeed an onerous burden we English chaps have to endure from the female colonists. Even SV apparently has his PM box crammed with offers of marriage, bearing his children, renting out husbands/boyfriends, shares in property and businesses, holiday offers on idyllic islands, gifts of jewels and gold, cars, boats and in one case an ocean going yacht (Yes it surprised me the caliber of the female wealth on BG), and that's just him! I'm better looking, sound better and have a much much smaller... (cont pp94)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pate on August 28, 2016, 01:21:49 PM
Apogees four mine uncivileyed mode of parlance, c'est une petite faux-pas, n'est pas?

Yeah, well that's easy for you to say.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 01:28:23 PM

It is indeed an onerous burden we English chaps have to endure from the female colonists. Even SV apparently has his PM box crammed with offers of marriage, bearing his children, renting out husbands/boyfriends, shares in property and businesses, holiday offers on idyllic islands, gifts of jewels and gold, cars, boats and in one case an ocean going yacht (Yes it surprised me the caliber of the female wealth on BG), and that's just him! I'm better looking, sound better and have a much much smaller... (cont pp94)

Haha proof that the social-cllimbing cachet of this faux-Frenchman act has yet to be exhausted, at least among the fair sex.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 28, 2016, 01:36:01 PM
Haha proof that the social-cllimbing cachet of this faux-Frenchman act has yet to be exhausted, at least among the fair sex.

SV can't climb any higher; he's pretty much aristocracy. Sure, there's a few relatives with funny shaped ears and seemingly unrelated relatives who look frighteningly alike, but on the whole, most lived.

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 12:56:34 PM

There's no argument from me on the origins of English. German, French, Latin, Arabic, Greek. The funniest line that Dubya ever uttered was "The French don't have a word for entrepreneur"

The one doing the rounds now because its so much more classy than saying it in English, and that is 'Faux'..Do people using it actually know what it means? Flogging is too good for them.

True story. A boyfriend once gifted me with what he proudly called a "genuine fox pearl necklace". ??? The tag read "genuine faux pearls". Still have the necklace but not the boyfriend

pate

I hope I don't get banned for posting this pr0wn linky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P40DLltkR8

I'd like to toss a shrimp on that Barbie, or is it Sheila the opera sanger?

ediot: Apologies, dear TL, for the vidya link.  I know about your band-width problemos but I just couldn't hold it back...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2016, 12:34:54 PM

Oh bless!

We also invented most of what the colonists take for granted. Stainless steel, Radar, Pneumatic tyres. The list is long and distinguished...

And slick shiny toilet paper

jazmunda

YP I think we should start a foreign version of BellGab made up of me, you, SV, BobGrau, the tasty Canadians and Gabor.

We'll come back when their arteries harden.

TigerLily

Quote from: jaz on August 28, 2016, 07:14:32 PM
YP I think we should start a foreign version of BellGab made up of me, you, SV, BobGrau, the tasty Canadians and Gabor.

We'll come back when their arteries harden.

passports accepted?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on August 28, 2016, 07:17:43 PM
passports accepted?

Passports manditory for the colonies and Commonwealth  wallas because it will be held in the UK. Bob might need one too if Nicola has her way. All be well prepared for happy smiling immigration officers at Heathrow.

Yorkshire pud

Oh dear oh dear, someone is in trouble...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-37213464

A spot inspection of civil service offices by Dubai's ruler resulted in embarrassing footage of Sheikh Mohammed standing awkwardly by empty desks which should have been occupied by high-ranking officials.
If there ever was a day not to turn up late for work, it was Sunday morning in Dubai where Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid carried out an early morning inspection of several civil service departments, the Gulf News newspaper reports. Sunday is a normal working day in the Emirate, and Gulf News said that the Sheikh began his surprise tour at 7.30am, expecting to see senior officials already working at their desks.

BobGrau

Hah. I honestly thought I'd been original with the term "blood-fart" but no, of course it's already out there.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blood%20fart

don't click that, it only gets worse.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on August 29, 2016, 06:37:37 PM

https://youtu.be/JEvd7kJX9Bk

Ah, filming the tv screen. The luddites version of connecting a cable from the DVR to the computer and encoding a file to upload to YouTube.

bateman

Quote from: jaz on August 29, 2016, 06:43:14 PM
Ah, filming the tv screen. The luddites version of connecting a cable from the DVR to the computer and encoding a file to upload to YouTube.

It's the only one uploaded so far and I missed it on TV.  :(

chefist

Hey, he don't F*&$ ugly biyachtes or fart elephants, my n!@#$%!