• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

analog kid

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 04, 2016, 09:48:22 AM
The medical community has overlooked the importance of our symbiotic compadres for a long time.

And we wonder, as modern humans, why our ~gut feelings~ aren't as accurate or pronounced these days.

(The Abdominal Brain ((that part of you that really knows how to travel through time)) yearns for recognition and a return to an environment filled with the beneficial bacteria colonies of yore!)

Antibiotics can be, and often are, lifesavers.  But many of them are so broad spectrum and potent that we're shooting ourselves in the foot gut.

There has to be an easier way to get "Col. Bowel" back into shape than fecal transplant surgery.

Perhaps a mechanical delivery system similar to the small pill cameras that can be swallowed and tracked.

Once the "COLONy pill" (heh) is in the right location, being tracked by your personal device, a signal is sent to "release the hounds" and spray billions of beneficial organisms through the now opened micro-hatches, to reestablish vital lifeforms.

We do have the fecal transplant in pill form :)

aldousburbank

These guys were either stoned, or for their punishment should be heh.

Police On The Hunt For Thieves Who Stole Bibles From Christian Bookstore

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/bible/bible-thieves-hunted-472935

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 05, 2016, 10:07:09 PM
These guys were either stoned, or for their punishment should be heh.

Police On The Hunt For Thieves Who Stole Bibles From Christian Bookstore

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/bible/bible-thieves-hunted-472935
I guess you could sell on Ebay? But, really, what is the potential profits or idea here? Sell them out of the back of a white van at the grocery store parking lot? Hide out in an alley and sell them? Pssst. I just happen to have some brand-new, never read Bibles, bought too many so I can really make you a deal.  :o

coaster

Smells like smoke outside. South east Nebraska is under a smoke advisory because of the fires in Canada and Minnesota. I was wondering why they cancelled the air show today. Pretty wild. And stinky.

albrecht

Walter Pidgeon, as Dr. Morbius, in "Forbidden Planet," looks oddly like Waylon Jennings (at some points of his career, the slick-backed hair and facial hair choice.)

Aren't these the same miscreants always bleating about 'free speech'?

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 08, 2016, 05:36:26 PM
Aren't these the same miscreants always bleating about 'free speech'?

when they say 'free' they really mean 'correct' 

Yorkshire pud

You can't have enough paranoid idiots...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36240523

An Italian economist says his flight was delayed after a fellow passenger saw him working on a differential equation and alerted the cabin crew.
Guido Menzio was taken off and questioned by agents who did not identify themselves, after the woman next to him said she felt ill.
He showed them what he had been writing and the flight eventually took off - more than two hours late.
Mr Menzio told the Washington Post that the pilot seemed embarrassed.

Implements of Maths instruction...  ::)

pate

When I type into the address bar of my browser of choice the letters : "bravo echo," and www.bettycrocker.com is the first result, I know something...

Not Sure

bigchucka

This Wednesday's interview Chael did was with "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

chefist

I had a dream where I was watching an old TV commercial for the Camazotz Automat...it even had a jingle! There were sandwiches and pies in the automated dispensers.... Wierd...

MV/Liberace!

Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  What kind of computer should I buy?

Me:  For a desktop, I don't really have brand recommendations.  Shop on price and specs.

Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  Ok.

Me:  Why?  What's going on with your computer?  It's barely used.

Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  I don't knooooooow.  Last night I couldn't get this darn thing to work right.  (long pause)  So I took it apart and it doesn't work at all.

Me:  Wait... did you say you took it apart???

Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  (long pause)  Yeah.

Me:

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 12:08:06 PM
Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  What kind of computer should I buy?

Me:  For a desktop, I don't really have brand recommendations.  Shop on price and specs.

Crazy bipolar customer with one year old computer:  I don't knooooooow.  Last night I couldn't get this darn thing to work right.  (long pause)  So I took it apart and it doesn't work at all.

Me:

I think the follow up to the punchline is "have you turned the power on at the wall?"

The punchline?

"Have you still got the boxes it came in? Yes? Then please send it back to us because you're Senda and/or too stupid to have a computer"

popple

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 01:06:59 AM
I'd shoot myself if my wife's cats lived this long.

Funnily enough I thought of you as I posted that article  ;D

There is a new sound coming out of Alaska. Do you bellgabbers think moosic will catch on?

https://youtu.be/xcuEZnA4TKc

Chine

Quote from: popple on May 11, 2016, 02:27:38 PM
Funnily enough I thought of you as I posted that article  ;D

There is a new sound coming out of Alaska. Do you bellgabbers think moosic will catch on?

https://youtu.be/xcuEZnA4TKc

I love this. I want a moose. Anyway, Just saying Hi to you guys. Popple, MV, Aldous, etc.

I hate people and am moving to Switzerland or Norway. Actually, we're moving back to NYC next year. Hope everyone in BG land is doing well.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lab tests find human and rat DNA in burgers

http://wiat.com/2016/05/11/lab-tests-find-human-and-rat-dna-in-burgers/

(WFLA) â€" A recent analysis of burger products found a few offensive extras like rat DNA and human DNA.

Clear Labs released the results of its most recent test that analyzed 258 samples of ground meat, frozen patties, fast-food burger products and veggie burger products from 79 brands and 22 retailers.

Clear Labs uses high-tech testing to screen food to see if the food actually contains what is listed on its packaging. The food tests screen for substituted ingredients, contamination, gluten, toxic fungi and plants, other allergens and missing ingredients. The company also examines food to see if it contains the same amount of nutrients that is listed on its packaging.

The results of Clear Labs “Hamburger Report” netted some disturbing results for carnivores and vegetarians. Of the 258 samples-

In 2 cases, meat was found in vegetarian products.
There were no black beans in one black bean burger that was tested.
The lab found 3 cases of rat DNA (unpleasant, but not considered harmful)
The lab found 1 case of human DNA (unpleasant, but not considered harmful)
Clear Labs said in its report that vegetarian products did not fare well with 23.6 percent of the products tested showing some form of discrepancy between the label and actual product.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 11, 2016, 02:36:04 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lab tests find human and rat DNA in burgers

http://wiat.com/2016/05/11/lab-tests-find-human-and-rat-dna-in-burgers/

(WFLA) â€" A recent analysis of burger products found a few offensive extras like rat DNA and human DNA.

Clear Labs released the results of its most recent test that analyzed 258 samples of ground meat, frozen patties, fast-food burger products and veggie burger products from 79 brands and 22 retailers.

Clear Labs uses high-tech testing to screen food to see if the food actually contains what is listed on its packaging. The food tests screen for substituted ingredients, contamination, gluten, toxic fungi and plants, other allergens and missing ingredients. The company also examines food to see if it contains the same amount of nutrients that is listed on its packaging.

The results of Clear Labs “Hamburger Report” netted some disturbing results for carnivores and vegetarians. Of the 258 samples-

In 2 cases, meat was found in vegetarian products.
There were no black beans in one black bean burger that was tested.
The lab found 3 cases of rat DNA (unpleasant, but not considered harmful)
The lab found 1 case of human DNA (unpleasant, but not considered harmful)
Clear Labs said in its report that vegetarian products did not fare well with 23.6 percent of the products tested showing some form of discrepancy between the label and actual product.

C'mon we've all sliced a finger end cutting onions and left it in the pasta mix. Who hasn't done that? What is wrong with people?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 11, 2016, 02:50:13 PM
C'mon we've all sliced a finger end cutting onions and left it in the pasta mix. Who hasn't done that? What is wrong with people?

IB might let a little food contamination go, but don't ever admit you have ever used bar soap for shampoo in a pinch...that just won't do. ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 12:08:06 PM

Me:

A long time ago on one of your early trainwreck podcasts you told a story about a customer on the phone who insisted you call him Doctor and you declined saying something like if I'm in your office, I'll call you doctor. I thought that was great. I wonder though if he ever used your services again. It reminded me of a time when I was talking to a teacher at school and I referred to another teacher (whom I liked a lot) just by his last name, Warburton. The teacher I was talking to stopped me and said Doctor Warburton. I just thought it was lame, it was obvious whom I was referring to.