• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Have any of you experienced anything that defies explanation?  Please tell us about it.  This is my favorite Art Bell-type topic.

I've had at least one possible experience. I was surprised to find it was a very common one, too - thanks to C2CAM.

I was probably 8 years old or so when I awoke from sleeping in a cold sweat and numbing sensation all over my body. I felt an extreme sense of terror when I realized I was awake, but couldn't move. I attempted to call out to my parents, but unfortunately, I couldn't speak either. At the height of my struggling, an old, witch-like face of a decrepit woman  loomed in towards me and screamed like a banshee right in my face. As she did this, it felt as if all the energy I had in me was sucked directly out of my body. I don't remember what happened after that for awhile, but when I regained full consciousness she was gone, and I could move (ever so slightly)..and speak, even though it was very weak and raspy. My parents soon came in to my calling out for help, and (as any sane parent would), they told me it was one of my frightmares and I was fine. But since that night, I've never felt quite the same health-wise.

Years and years later, I discovered that what I experienced has happened throughout history in an almost exactly similar fashion. It's referred to by medical professionals as 'sleep paralysis", but there is no exact explanation as to the almost ever-present appearance of the woman during this event. Due to this fact, many others call it the 'Old Hag Syndrome". 

Apparently, as the story goes, the old hag visits primarily young males and takes their youthful energy for her own purposes. There's supposed to be something specifically about the energy of males. I believe on one of Art's shows, someone said that it's because she does something "sexually" to the victim.

So, long story short, I may have been raped by a witch.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 26, 2008, 07:37:24 PM

Apparently, as the story goes, the old hag visits primarily young males and takes their youthful energy for her own purposes. There's supposed to be something specifically about the energy of males. I believe on one of Art's shows, someone said that it's because she does something "sexually" to the victim.

So, long story short, I may have been raped by a witch.
this happened to me one time too approximately 2 years ago, but it wasn't as vivid as what you describe.  sounds like you were conscious, while i wasn't completely so my experience might have just been a dream.

kinda strange that i haven't posted any experiences here since i started the f-ing topic, but i guess i simply haven't gotten around to it.  i will in due course.  the rest of you, let's hear those stories!!

EvB

The only totally unexplainable one I've had was when i was 17 or so.  A friend of mine said she'd been living in a haunted house - evil haunting - and that everything she had in the house had somehow been infected.  She put her things out on the side of a nearby hill to "purify" them with sunlight.  I was dubious - but said I'd go along to help her gather her things.  I picked up a black Victorian style clutch bag - and out of curriosity opened it.  Inside was a ball of green and purple light.  I happen to like those colors together - always have - but this was NOT attractive.  It looked rather like a neon bruise. I opened my mouth to take a breath and tell my friend, but couldn't breath.  There was no pressure - it wasn't even really uncomfortable.  The only way I can describe it is to say it was like trying to suck up some water - but not only was there none there - I wasn't able to draw it in.

Anyway - both the light and my inablity to draw breath vanished in a few seconds.  But the memory is still vivid. 

I don't have an explanation.   And that's really all there is to the story.  It was just plain weird.

MV/Liberace!

i've had a couple experiences.

in the first one, long story short, i was about 4 years old at the time.  i lived with my mom and my grandma.  the only people home at the time were my grandma and myself.  i was jumping on the bed.  my bedroom had these windows which were rectangular and were kinda high up on the wall, rendering them the shittiest windows in the history of windows.  every time i would jump, i could see my grandma outside mowing the yard.  suddenly i turned around and saw a man standing in my doorway with a slight smirk on his face and an overall benevolent demeanor.  he said, "you'd better stop jumping on the bed or bobbie is going to get mad at you."  i have no memory of what happened after that moment.  as time went on, i learned my grandma's name was bobbie, not grandma.  yes, that's right, until i learned this, i'm sure i thought her driver's license said "Grandma."  even further into the future, she was showing me some OLD family photos.  we came upon one of her father who died in the late 1950s of a massive heart attack.  as i saw that picture, my memory immediately shot back to that otherwise forgettable moment with the man standing in my doorway.  it was him.  swear to god.  i didn't tell her about this until maybe 3 years ago because i thought she might think i'm crazy.  i was also a bit afraid of her reaction since she and her dad were very close.  however, when i did tell her, she was extremely fascinated by it and kept prodding me to remember more details about the incident.  it seemed like for her it was an opportunity to vicariously communicate with her father after all these decades and she was far more receptive than i thought she'd be.

story number 2:
i used to date this stupid girl who had a couple stupid friends.  but their stupidity is irrelevant to this story.
i guess every region has some place called "inspiration point."  we have one where i'm from too.  it's in shawnee national forest in southern illinois.  it's a big rock protrusion situated at the top of a cliff approximately 500 feet up.  it's beautiful.  one night, said idiots and myself went there to hang out.  we were there for probably 15 minutes without incident.  then, i looked to the right of where everybody was situated and saw two lights, one red and one blue, next to the cliff but some distance from where we were.   i don't know how far away or how big they were because it was pitch black out and i had no point of reference as a result.  the lights were slowly rotating about as if they were attached to something.  they seemed stationary as they rotated.  imagine a baton with one light at each end, and someone is slowly rotating it in random directions.  that's what it looked like.  i inquired, "do you guys see that?"  i was almost in a panic because i knew at that moment i was seeing something supernatural.  nobody was responding to me.  it was as if they were removed from the moment.  i kept repeating, "what the hell is that?  are you guys seeing this?"  still, everybody remained silent.  i have no explanation as to why.  i also have no memory of what happened after this point.  i don't remember driving home that night, and i never discussed what happened that night with any of the parties involved.  the reason is simple:  i had forgotten about this until about 4 years after it happened.  i've also not maintained contact with the people who were with me.  i know myself and i would NOT have allowed such an incident to go undiscussed.  it's as if i wasn't given a choice in the matter.  was it a ghost?  was it extraterrestrial in nature?  i have no idea.  all i can say is we were affected by something that night and my memory of what happened after spotting these lights is gone.

if i were to go on C2C and talk with george about this, here is how it would go down:
me: so that's what happened.  those lights creeped me out.
snoors:  do you think it was an angel?
me: i have no reason to reach that conclusion.
snoors:  but you're saying you can't rule it out, right?
me: i guess, but i also can't say it wasn't a frigidaire oven.
snoors: does frigidaire make ovens?
me: um, to my knowledge they do, yes.
snoors: i'm remodeling my home in LA and i think i'm going frigidaire.
me: uh, that's great, george.
snoors: thanks for the call.
(hangs up on me)
snoors: i wonder if in 2012 frigidaire will make a refrigerator that doubles as a time machine or a portal of some sort.  west of the rockies, you're on the air.
caller: george, you're a highly intelligent specimen, quite possibly the second coming.
george: aw, shucks, thank you for saying that.  gosh.

EvB

The stories were great MV - but you got an "On the Money" form me for your imagined dialog with George

;:)

MV/Liberace!

thx, evb.  i could use it.  looks like i've been douched a couple times.  heh heh

towerjunkie

The closest experience I've had to the supernatural has occurred at my work (concierge at retirement facility, which shall go unnamed).

There's a room where for unexplainable reasons (maintenance, other workers have checked it out for problems), the emergency call button has alerted me on three different occasions.

Once when the room had no one living in it and two other occasions when it did have someone living in it but they weren't present when it happened.  And if it was a prank, it's a pretty goddamn good one because I and the people that live there are the only ones with keys, and it remains otherwise locked.

And the room only does it when I'm working, fortunately the first time it happened though I had a few witnesses so at least I'm not the only one who's experienced it.

These are some great stories! I've had sleep paralasys for years, and it was finally nice to put a name to it after hearing about it on C2C. Sometimes I just feel like I can't move and try to wake myself up, but at least one time for sure I did feel like there was an entity involved, but I don't want to write down all the details.

Once, though, in the same room where a really scary one happened in, I was falling asleep and a loud pop and a big blue spark (or ball of light, depending on how you want to look at it) flashed over my bed like three feet above my head. I said to my dad the next day that he might want to check the wires in the wall because I saw a blue spark, and he said there are no electrical wires in that wall.
Dun, dun, dun...!

EvB

QuoteI was falling asleep and a loud pop and a big blue spark (or ball of light, depending on how you want to look at it) flashed over my bed

Interesting.

Do you remember what the weather was like? Was it very hot? Had their been any electrical storms? I had a similar experience (awake and sitting at the kitchen table doing homework as a kid) but think that, in my case, it was ball lightning carried by the pipes.

The core of this ball was about racket-ball size - and including the glow - a little bigger than a softball.  It kinda bounced softly - then went away with a "pop."

The only science I'm aware of about these little buggers is 1) they are electrical 2) there is general agreement they exist 3) no one seems sure what they are, exactly 4) apparently they don't REQUIRE an electrical storm as we think of it. 

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/060531-ball-lightning.html

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on August 24, 2008, 05:12:15 PM
These are some great stories! I've had sleep paralasys for years, and it was finally nice to put a name to it after hearing about it on C2C. Sometimes I just feel like I can't move and try to wake myself up, but at least one time for sure I did feel like there was an entity involved, but I don't want to write down all the details.

Once, though, in the same room where a really scary one happened in, I was falling asleep and a loud pop and a big blue spark (or ball of light, depending on how you want to look at it) flashed over my bed like three feet above my head. I said to my dad the next day that he might want to check the wires in the wall because I saw a blue spark, and he said there are no electrical wires in that wall.
Dun, dun, dun...!

Maybe you were starting to have an out of body experience. Tell us about the details. It would be interesting to hear.

MV/Liberace!

ball lightning seems pretty fascinating.  my grandma experienced it in her home one day as she was sitting there minding her own business watching tv.  it just sorta "popped" in the air a couple feet from her lamp, and she said a thin stream of smoke moved from the spot in the air where she saw the pop.  very cool.

EvB

We had a thread on this a while ago - but we have new blood - so I thought I'd start a new one.  It's okay if you're not SURE if your experience was paranormal, it's okay if you think all this "para" crap is crap; we just like STORIES!  (The semi-colon is just for you Centurion!)

So - here is mine (of the "was it para or was it Memorex?" variety)

I told in another thread how, when I was a rec director in a pediatric long-term care facility, (over 20 years ago now.) At that time, conventional wisdom was that flashing light did not cause seizures.

Well - back to the county fair with a young man who was medicated for grand-mal seizures - but whom I had never seen have one. He begged to go on one of those rides that takes you round and round in a car, forward, then backward - with ear-drum shattering music, with various colored strobe lights all flashing at different rates.  Well hell - the poor kid lived in a hospital!  So, I said "sure" and on we got.

We were strapped in side-by-side-in one of the cars. After a very short time on the ride, I happened to turn my head away from the boy.  He had a serous speech impairment, but that didn?t keep him from being a scamp.  Since he had a hard time saying rude things, he was more likely to pinch, punch and such - then laugh himself silly.  (I never knew him to actually harm anyone beyond the kind of light bruise some people get from being pinched) While my head was turned, I felt a shower of mild punches on my shoulder and upper- back - and decided to ignore him.  Then, his head smashed into mine, and my first inclination was to turn around and tell him to "Knock it OFF!"

When I looked at him - it was clear he was out of control.  I started to scream for the ride to be stopped while I tried to keep myself and this boy from being actually injured.  Three turns round the track later - I managed to catch the carnie's eye - and he stopped the ride as quickly as he could without giving everyone whiplash.

Almost instantly, a man appeared in the crowd of people waiting for a turn on the ride.  He was clean, and well-mannered, but had a look about him that I associate with veterans who have had a tough hall. (No insult to anyone - I'm just trying to describe him the best way I know how - a rough sort who cleans up nice) He jumped up n the platform, and took hold of my shoulder.  He said something I didn't hear and since I was a bit tweaked - and the boy was still seizing - I'm afraid I snapped at him "WHAT?!  I can't HEAR you!"  And he said, in a voice that had that same duel quality of his look - rough but somehow shined up at the same time he said "I asked if you'd mind my help, Ma'am."  And I stuttered something that included the words "yes, of course, can you? I don't know . . ."

I expected him to administer something first-aidish, like, maybe he'd been a medic or some such. But no.  He got down on his knees, pulled the boy close to his chest, and started whispering in his ear.  There were dozens of people around, and we all just stared. The boy stopped seizing, like a windup toy that had reached the end of its spring. The man pulled back, asked the boy if he was okay.  The boy nodded -and the man replied "remember what I told you." 
I gave the boy a quick look-over for any signs of wounds that would need first aid before I got him back to the hospital.  I?m talking brief seconds here.   I glanced back up to thank the man ? and he was gone.  I asked the people standing around if anyone had seen him go, and where.  No one had seen anything.  Oh, they saw him on the platform, but no one had any idea how he left or which way he went.  I, the carnie, and the couple for dozen people who were still milling around all just stared at each other.   Then, I took the boy, and went back to my car.
Now, it?s true that this was likely just some very modest guy who had a way with people in distress. And, we were all more concerned with the well-being of the boy (and I?m sorry to keep saying that but I?m sure you understand I can?t use names) then with thanking the man, at least at first.  But something about it seem miraculous to me.  And I know that when we left, we left behind a group of people who were a bit confounded, at the least.
And, as I?ve said, the boy had trouble speaking ? so ? even if I?d had the nerve to ask him what the man had said to him ? he couldn?t have told me.   Whatever he did, whoever or whatever he was, we sure needed him.   

bobcollum

Nothing to mention aside from when I was about 4 or 5.

I vividly remember on several occasions waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of the most evil, sinister cackling you can imagine, of what sounded like several people, men and women coming from the area of my closet. It would last long enough for me to know I wasn't dreaming, as I'd hear it, freeze in terror, and throw the blankets over my head until it stopped after several moments. Yes I was young, but even now I'm pretty confident I was not imagining this. Pretty scary eh?

I will also add that my close friend had dreams of seeing aliens at his bedroom window...I think he was abducted.  :o

nika01

was going to reply in older thread, but was advised to start a new one.....

Back in the 70's I was living in a town in central Illinois some 30 miles from a close friend, whom I had not seen in a few months. One night I had a very vivid dream where I approached my friends house from the back. In his back yard was a trash can. In this trash can I saw several books on fire. I recognized these books as belonging to my friend. I even recognized the titles. I awoke with the strong feeling that something had happened to him that caused him to burn these books.

A few weeks later, with no communication from him or any mutual friends, I paid him a visit. Went into his back yard to the trash can where I found the books just as I had seen them ! I then learned why he had burned them (beyond the scope of this post, but very interesting).

No how, no way could I have known this . I am not self delusional and have not had any other such experience, but I swear this happened as presented.

This is another anecdotal case that means absolutely nothing to the asshole skeptic crowd because it cant be reproduced in the laboratory. However, it nonetheless happened.

EvB

Oh - I think those experiences are more common than we realize. 

Interesting post!  Thanks for sharing it!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nika01 on May 25, 2009, 09:17:23 PM
This is another anecdotal case that means absolutely nothing to the asshole skeptic crowd because it cant be reproduced in the laboratory.
isn't that sooooo frustrating?  i reject the notion that something must be proven in a lab in order to exist.  i've seen and heard too much.

It's the testing/technology paradox.  How can you prove something to exist in "scientific/laboratory conditions" if you don't have the technology or fundamental know how to do so.

Borr

You know, I've never had any kind of paranormal experience, whatsoever. I haven't seen a ghost or apparition of any sort, nor anything in the sky that I couldn't immediately identify, never had a psychic experience, never saw a fairy tale creature, never had an out of body experience, never sighted bigfoot, etc. Even before I was agnostic I never had a religious experience of any sort even when I prayed for them (which may be why I'm now agnostic). I was Catholic, I should have seen the Blessed Virgin in my Cheerios or something!

So, I can only surmise I've been placed in the control group.

EvB

QuoteSo, I can only surmise I've been placed in the control group.

haha  ;D

nika01

Quote from: Borr on May 29, 2009, 05:37:25 PM
You know, I've never had any kind of paranormal experience, whatsoever.

I have only had this one experience that I described above, 30 some years ago. The only other thing that might qualify is listening to hunches that pop into my consciousness for no apparent reason. These thoughts are often accurate.

People that dont experience these things might be lucky. It always has bothered me that there are any number of people out there (like Graham Hancock, et al) that advocate taking drugs or doing some sort of gyration to "open" ones self to the cosmos. I think this is a huge mistake. I think that you get what you get, and if you try to get more, it may come with unwanted baggage.

Quote from: nika01 on May 29, 2009, 08:33:05 PM
....... It always has bothered me that there are any number of people out there (like Graham Hancock, et al) that advocate taking drugs or doing some sort of gyration to "open" ones self to the cosmos. I think this is a huge mistake. I think that you get what you get, and if you try to get more, it may come with unwanted baggage.

Reminds me of this one time when I was some bar in Thailand, there was this "girl" gyrating on a table.....

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 31, 2009, 03:22:48 AM
Reminds me of this one time when I was some bar in Thailand, there was this "girl" gyrating on a table.....

MMMwhahahhaaaa!!!!

Words I Like

This will probably come out in a ramble. I've had so many weird experiences and it feels pretty good to share them. Recalling them helps to remind me that I ever had them, and remembering those things makes life more interesting and puts me back in touch.

In 97 or 98 I was about 14 and was fairly a street kid. One evening around sunset, in Redmond WA (where all these things happened) I was walking to a Half Price Books by myself. I was halfway through a crosswalk on a quiet street heading toward the front of a big gross dogfood factory w/ silos. There was a saucer, like right out of a old 50's Sci Fi book cover classic thing. It had to be angled down somewhat because I could see a dome shape on top and there was of course shifting lights going around the rim, it seemed light in color. The lights were probably primary colors but its hard to recall details. I was in shock staring up at it and the thought that was in my head the entire time was that I really needed to take my eyes off it to see if there was anyone else around who could be a witness but I didn't look away (I was the only one there) It was hovering for maybe half a minute or a bit more and it calmly went up and shrank into the starts and faded like a dot and was gone.

I have no way of knowing of course if that was a super natural event, but to me it was a super event and it was in some way shape or form a natural event.

Some time after that I was laying on my bedroom floor a little stoned and a friend was in the bathroom right next to my door and this might sound amazing and hard to believe but a glowing ball of white light came floating out of my closet and it parked above my head somewhere for a second and then it floated out my window and I watched it swaying its way towards a treeline where it was gone. Right after It left my sight my friend started screaming in the bathroom. I ran in there and water was spraying everywhere he was soaking wet both his hands trying to cover where the hot water knob should of been, the knob was laying in the bathtub. He took a piss tried to wash his hands when the knob shot off and sprayed water out from where it goes.

I forgot about this for years until I was with a friend after a long walk home up the hill we were laying under a tree in the summer heat with our heads on a root and we both saw a spitting image of that same orb thing and it was coming down to our tree area swaying like a drunk driver going maybe 3mph and it made contact with our tree and seemed to vanish behind/above some branches and we both were dumbfounded and you can probably imagine how the conversation went between us for five minutes after seeing that.

I saw a video on youtube (search : ball lightning compilation) and its pretty much a spitting image of what I saw. I cant explain my previous experience of seeing the "ball lightning" park in mid air though.

Out of nowhere I was fantasizing about riding a unicycle on the sidewalk I was walking on and a few moments later someone on  a unicycle came onto the other side of the street. It struck me so hard because I couldn't remember ever having thought about riding a unicycle or seeing someone ride one one ever let alone at the same time. It sounds strange but synchronicity is like being punched in the stomach and kicked in the nuts at the same time.

The weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. I  was on dial up AOL. The phone I use to connect was on the floor a few yards away. There was nothing alive in the room with me. I was chatting with someone and out of nowhere my connection is dropped and I sit there trying to reconnect for awhile until I give up and turn around and to my amazement the phone is off the hook and laying about a foot away from the cradle. There is no way this could of happened, it was impossible that it happened. I hang it up and at the exact time I hung it up it rang. I answer and it my friend who is extremely frantic and really loaded on some Cubensis (magic mushrooms) and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that somehow a telekinetic event took place.

Flying Saucer check
ORB check
Precognition check
Telekinesis check

That's so absurd.

MABUSE

I will relate one item which I mentioned over in the cess pool.

Memorial Day I wended my little way out toward Marfa, Texas with the intention of doing a wee bit of camping and playing with my new 2nd gen Night Vision goggles (hereinafter NOD).  Now right up front I will tell you I didn't really see anything that I consider to be paranormal.  IMHO, heat-reflectivity and car headlights is probably the cause of the phenomenon, but I was told by locals that it was a BAD night for the lights so what do I know?

ANYWAY

I was sitting there in my camping chair, genteelly sipping a preferred adult libation, listening to C2C and decided to try out the NOD. 

It was SPECTACULARLY COOL! (albeit in shades of green)  and as my eyes adjusted and a flicked on some IR illumination, suddenly I became aware of what I can only describe as a massive interstellar dogfight raging in the sky: objects zooming and vectoring and swooping and none of the "moved like any manmade object".  There even appeared to be particle beam weapons discharges!
Now at this point anyone who has ever spent any time in NODs is laughing their head off and rightfully so.  I have had more than my fair share of odd and paranormal events in my life but I am also of a skeptical nature so after some time of watching this, I pulled off the NODs and instead grabbed a 4 million candle power spotlight I carry on my outings. 

I touched that sucker off and the sky lit up real good....and then I saw it:
gazzillions of insects of all sorts in all types of flight and exactly what I had seen in the NODs.  There was no giant space battle raging, it was BUGS!
The NODs tend to make perspective and depth of field hard to judge if one is looking up into the sky and the IR illumination reflected off chitinous carpaces giving the POV impression of "laser blasts".  So much for the Star Wars that so intrigue ole Snoory! 

**M**

Supernormal

It's a constant experience. I have regular instances of dramatic synchronicities, and they've been occuring for years. It could be that I'm just noticing the probabilities and statistics inherent in life that go unobserved if we don't take note of them. It could be that I've tapped into some kind of electromagnetic stream, the concrete reality of an abstract theory. I've had a library full of "meaningful coincidences" that would make Carl Jung's head spin. For instance, I can't count the number of times that I've read or said/thought some obscure word or phrase at the exact same time that someone mentioned the exact same thing on a TV program or a radio show. I once kept a diary of these happenings, but I was constantly entering them in my log to the point of tedium. I've also experienced many of the traditional psychic events such as precognition and telepathy. 

MABUSE

Since I am having a slow day at work, I will briefly list some of mine:

I and 3 friends saw a "skunk ape" Bigfoot creature in the great Western Desert when we were 9 or so.  Many years later I learned that there is a whole mythology about these creatures in the local Navajo and Paiute lore and that if one sees them...well, its not exactly a curse, but...

Was attacked physically in New Orleans by a spirit and almost went out a 2nd story window.  That is a LONG involved tale that ALMOST made it onto Ghost2Ghost but George and Hilly dumped it.

When I was young I used to see things in the dark that scared the hell out of me and I got beaten regularly for screaming and crying and not wanting to go to bed.  To this day I cannot sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed (and at 6'4" that can be a real issue I promise!).  My parents stopped thinking I had an over-active imagination though when I accurately described by great grandmother being in the room one night.  I'd never met her and there was only one picture of her which I had never seen.  The thing that convinced them was when I told them she talked funny (I was 5 at the time).  She was a Scot from south of Inverness...THAT sounds funny to a 5 year old.

There have been lots of strange and weird anomalies to which I have been witness or subject over the years and that was what prompted my interst in C2C in the first place and WHY I so heartily detest what it has become under the aegis of PremRad and the Gilded Turd.

Hope this wasn't too boring a recitation...

**M**