• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

area 51 caller calls into coast to coast

Started by A31Chris, April 10, 2010, 02:32:26 AM

A31Chris

Tried to search for an old thread that discussed this. Couldnt find one so I'll post a new one. forgive me if one was done.

What do you guys think of the so called former area 51 worker that called into C2C?

Coast to Coast's Art Bell Gets Frantic Call from Ex- Area 51 Worker

I know he called back in a few months later claiming it was faked but what do you guys think? Elaborate hoax? Or a scared man backing out to save his own ass from the powers that be?

Marc.Knight

Are there ever really any "ex-Area 51 workers?"  Once a member, ALWAYS a member.

A31Chris

Quote from: Marc Knight on April 10, 2010, 02:44:37 AM
Are there ever really any "ex-Area 51 workers?"  Once a member, ALWAYS a member.

Are you kidding or are you serious? Is it like once a Marine always a Marine?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: A31Chris on April 10, 2010, 11:53:37 PM
Are you kidding or are you serious? Is it like once a Marine always a Marine?

At a minimum, they must be signing non-disclosure agreements when they leave (or before they arrive), even if the only ET around is at the little Ale-Inn in town.

A31Chris

so to sum it up you think its a complete hoax?

Aliens_Proof

A person would have to be quite brave
to even just hoax such a call.

I mean, if I called ABC TV
and said I am an AREA51 worker,
and I want to do a tell all interview,
I'm very sure I would get a visit from some type of agents within 12 hours.

However, it did sound like a hoax.
The caller didn't expose anything really.

Quote from: Aliens_Proof on April 21, 2010, 08:44:08 PM
A person would have to be quite brave
to even just hoax such a call.

I mean, if I called ABC TV
and said I am an AREA51 worker,
and I want to do a tell all interview,
I'm very sure I would get a visit from some type of agents within 12 hours.

However, it did sound like a hoax.
The caller didn't expose anything really.

a query ...

do you believe that:

(1) ABC would contact the FBI to let them know someone claiming to work at Area 51 had contacted them?

or

(2) Some government agency is monitoring ABC's newsroom?

MV/Liberace!

if invisibility were possible, area 51 would be my first stop.

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2010, 06:38:41 PM
if invisibility were possible, area 51 would be my first stop.

Megan Fox' bedroom would be mine.

Two things bother me about this call

1. Art's satellite being randomly knocked out in the middle of the call.

2. This show took place on Sept. 11th 1997

Also the hoaxer supposedly called Art a week or so later and fessed up to the hoax... but why would you do that if you perpetrated one of the greatest moments in radio history?

That was by far one of the most intense moments on one of the best radio shows I ever heard. The growing stress of that night and on the show was absolutely captivating as I'm sure everyone felt that maybe this was the show that went a little bit to far.

hoovied

Just heard the whole show for the first time the other night. I could have done without the first hour talking to the dude in the hospital. I don't know his whole story- maybe it would have meant more had I known who he was. But after the show got on topic, I thought it was great. The frantic caller and the reacting to the signal loss was pretty cool. The guy from the year 2072 was pretty interesting as well. Great episode.

A31Chris

The caller was definitely a pretty good actor.

Honestly, I've never found the caller himself all that convincing on repeated listens (though highly convincing on the first listen). His breathlessness between phrases seems like a stalling tactic to imagine what he's going to say next. Like when you're lying to someone and you repeat a question asked to you to buy you time to formulate a response.

That said, the satellite cut-off was obviously pretty real and seemed beyond the realm of coincidence.

I've often wondered if the caller himself wasn't a complete hoaxer but "the people" monitoring C2C (if such people exist) heard someone who sounded like he was going somewhere they didn't want him to go and - not knowing themselves it was a random prank call - shut Art down.

What about the caller who flew into Area 51? I thought it was interesting and they did a good job of sound effects but the klaxon at the end ... it seemed like you wouldn't have heard a ground-based siren up in an aircraft.

Area 51 pilot phones Art Bell-REAL original broadcast

awguy

MV is running this show right now on the Stream... I've only heard clips of this call. I can't wait to hear the caller and reaction after the signal goes out.

anagrammy

Besides the pilot prank call, wasn't there even one legitimate ex-Area51 person in all those years with Art?  I remember a guy/gal who said they rode in on the bus daily, etc, etc.  And there was somebody named Paul who was a repeat guest.

Anagrammy

HAL 9000

Quote from: A31Chris on April 10, 2010, 02:32:26 AMTried to search for an old thread that discussed this. Couldnt find one so I'll post a new one. forgive me if one was done.

What do you guys think of the so called former area 51 worker that called into C2C?

I posted both the original call and his admission (7 months later) to it being a hoax 5 days ago in THIS thread:

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2053.msg31438.html#msg31438

He also admits to calling in as numerous other "characters." Both are as an attached mp3

toxicmop

What was the date of the Area 51 caller? I'd like to listen to the whole show. Does anyone have it?

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: toxicmop on January 13, 2011, 12:15:53 AM
What was the date of the Area 51 caller? I'd like to listen to the whole show. Does anyone have it?

Kinda ominous... 9-11-1997... I'll see if I can locate it in my archs

Weirdoradio

I relistened to this the other night and have two questions/favours to ask -

1 - Does anyone have a copy of the article that the writer from Penthouse was covering when he was in-studio with Art that night?

2 - Does anyone know where I could find the GE statement that Art's engineer mentionned would be available to the public after the incident?