• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

albrecht

There was a funny technical problem during Syrett's last show when the Masonic guy was talking about Albert Pike. A speed dial kept playing. Guest thought it was caller who was still online. I thought it sounded more on guest's side like he was pressing a speed dial on his phone or maybe his ear. Guest speculated that caller was "trying to order a pizza." Syrett just kept on rolling and didn't flip out or just play a replay, drop guest, or go to openlines with no explanations except "they are doing it again guys, anytime I get a controversial guest." If Capt Crunch was listening it would be curious to play the number dialed into a phone and see what it connects to. If it was a pizza place or what. 

Norry wouldn't have been able to handle talk about succubus and incubus.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2020, 01:07:09 PM
There was a funny technical problem during Syrett's last show when the Masonic guy was talking about Albert Pike. A speed dial kept playing. Guest thought it was caller who was still online. I thought it sounded more on guest's side like he was pressing a speed dial on his phone or maybe his ear. Guest speculated that caller was "trying to order a pizza." Syrett just kept on rolling and didn't flip out or just play a replay, drop guest, or go to openlines with no explanations except "they are doing it again guys, anytime I get a controversial guest." If Capt Crunch was listening it would be curious to play the number dialed into a phone and see what it connects to. If it was a pizza place or what. 

Norry wouldn't have been able to handle talk about succubus and incubus.

Twenty years ago we had a very similar thing happen.  It was our fax machine that somehow kept auto redialing, and we'd hearing the dialing over the landline while talking. 

Morgus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 03, 2020, 02:25:58 PM
Twenty years ago we had a very similar thing happen.  It was our fax machine that somehow kept auto redialing, and we'd hearing the dialing over the landline while talking.
Yep I remember that happening some years back live on c2cam.
Another case I think I recall was a guest's home alarm system that kept trying to auto dial out once a minute or so, just like was happening on Sunday night.

Uncle Duke

Just finished listening to Syrett's open lines calls from last night, quite a circus.  One guy, who thought he might be the reincarnated Christ, was being stalked by Mormons, and some old gal thought she might be the reincarnated John the Baptist.  Another caller claimed he routinely stayed awake for close to a week at a time, and a former punk rocker was visited by a God sent demon. First prize, however,  goes to long time caller Louise who gave us a list of famous people she's been previously other than Cleopatra.  Most interesting of the group was Scarlett O'hara from GWTW, a fictional character.

Richard earned his couple hundred dollars last night for sure.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 13, 2020, 11:40:35 AM
Just finished listening to Syrett's open lines calls from last night, quite a circus.  One guy, who thought he might be the reincarnated Christ, was being stalked by Mormons, and some old gal thought she might be the reincarnated John the Baptist.  Another caller claimed he routinely stayed awake for close to a week at a time, and a former punk rocker was visited by a God sent demon. First prize, however,  goes to long time caller Louise who gave us a list of famous people she's been previously other than Cleopatra.  Most interesting of the group was Scarlett O'hara from GWTW, a fictional character.

And the guy who called whose line was silent was the reincarnation of Marcel Marceau.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 13, 2020, 11:40:35 AM

Caller in first segment rambled on about something called "the law of cosines" that had "disappeared." And further that the news only gives us "one side of the story" and "he has searched the internet and Law of Cosines has disappeared but he remembers it as being a bizarre mathematical theory that used to exist." I did a quick search. And results instantly popped up:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_cosines

https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/trig-cosine-law.html

https://mathworld.wolfram.com/LawofCosines.html 

Annie from Alabamy found an alternate universe.  And caller Kay "is there a connection between the algorithm and ancient Vedic texts."

albrecht

Another solid show by Syrett. Forget the 'sea-monsters,' though was fun. The fishing and gator stories from guest was fun. But possibilities of giant, prehistoric turtles was fun radio. The Watergate guy was also interesting. My only issues is he unfortunately had to cut some callers off just when it was getting interesting "my time in the Congo, sorry Amazon...."

Juan

The Watergate Guy failed to mention that one of the DC prostitutes was Maureen Dean, wife of St. John Dean.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 14, 2020, 05:49:49 PM
The Watergate Guy failed to mention that one of the DC prostitutes was Maureen Dean, wife of St. John Dean.
Maybe he was trying to avoid a lawsuit? Or just so much info go over he didn't mention?  St.Martin's Press settled. Liddy didn't back down though. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/liddy-case-dismissed/ 

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/W%20Disk/Watergate%20to%20File/Item%20040.pdf

albrecht

As usual Syrett had some fun callers.
Per Uncle Duke: "Also, last night on open lines with Syratt, a caller asked to dedicate a program bumper he did to the reincarnated Cleopatra. The dedication was clearly made tongue in cheek, and Syratt got quite a chuckle out of it.  Then a segment or two later, Louise called in to say how moved she had been by the guy's dedication, and that he had been one of Cleopatra's millions of subjects who loved her so much he felt compelled to call in to pay her homage. But it got better, Louise then told us she had also been Elizabeth Barrett Browing and took credit for writing the poem, "How Do I Love Thee."  https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=3.msg1401289#msg1401289

Then there was Diana who had implant (glowing green) and abduction experiences and was a part of a hybrid program but didn't want to discuss details because "women's issues" and embarrassing and not appropriate for radio or telling others. Syrett quickly agreed that he wouldn't ask about such things. It started off with a bizarre missing time situation involving a lost purse in the Black Forest. A triangle craft lead her back to her purse by which there was a cross fashioned out of wood.

Then a guy who saw an angel reflection in the glass door of his guncabinet. And "when he goes out" he shows pictures of the angel he took to people and asks them "what do they see." Some people see the angel, some people don't. But what he wants to know is if it is a good angel or the 'angel of death." Syrett  suggested pareidoliabut caller said "some people see and some people don't!" (which would lend more creedence to Syrett's explanation, actually. Syrett said "well let's hope for the best then I wouldn't want to wish the angel of death on someone." Caller: "why not dying is a part of life."

I liked the stories of the recovered (supposedly) alcoholic who saved people's lives but if he wasn't in a drunken blackout he might not have intervened and fought off the knife-wielding robber and saved that guy.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 27, 2020, 04:34:00 PM
Syrett said "well let's hope for the best then I wouldn't want to wish the angel of death on someone." Caller: "why not dying is a part of life."

Epic. Heroes, the both of them.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on June 27, 2020, 04:34:00 PM
As usual Syrett had some fun callers.
...Syrett said "well let's hope for the best then I wouldn't want to wish the angel of death on someone." Caller: "why not dying is a part of life."

chefist

Quote from: Juan on June 14, 2020, 05:49:49 PM

John Dean's wife was involved? Was she a prostitute before/after they were married, or just a political agent? I've never heard that before...fascinating.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2020, 04:59:04 PM
John Dean's wife was involved? Was she a prostitute before/after they were married, or just a political agent? I've never heard that before...fascinating.
Some says it was just the swinging times of the day, some say it was Democratic Party way to make donors happy, some say it was CIA and way for them to control politicians and donors, some say a "Silent Coup" to get Nixon, and some* say it was all bs and simply 'conspiracy theories' (different than the official conspiracy theory in the mainstream papers and Congressional hearings.) And Syrett's guest has his on ideas on the deal.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/W%20Disk/Watergate%20to%20File/Item%20040.pdf  "

"Clout 18" was a nickname for, Maureen Biner Maureen Dean's name before she married John Dean"

"Today, Dean says that only his Senate testimony is accurate, not his own book, "Blind Ambition.""  

* https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/17/trump-watergate-and-how-conspiracy-theories-get-made-215274 

Uncle Duke

Syrett's open lines calls are becoming the highlight of C2C for me. Last night he took an epic sixteen minute call from some space cadet describing her interactions with aliens, that gal heaved enough sighs to inflate a basketball.  Later he had a guy describe little aliens who broke into his home on Christmas Eve to leave gifts for him and his two siblings.  He explained he was convinced they had escaped from the military, apparently doing so while toting three red bicycles. Then he had a caller go into great detail about a massive goat killing bear he claims to have shot on his ranch. He says the state of California is covering it up to prevent a panic.  Gonna be tough to do considering he claims there is still a 600 lb. bear in the area. 

Juan

He was good in pulling those stories into some modicum of sense.  He actually made them interesting.  Particularly the part about the goats screaming, Clarice.

Uncle Duke

A new candidate for the worst C2C guest ever, Syrett's first segment guest last night, Nelson Thall.  Aside from the fact he came across as something of a paranoid old loon, he personified many of the stereotype traits of the people he was railing against. He frequently cut Syrett off and talked over him, and repeatedly either sidestepped or ignored questions asked of him.  The interview reminded me of a political debate. Sounded like Thall had points and answers he wanted to give, and he wasn't going to let the fact Syrett asked the wrong question keep him from delivering his message.  Even more ironic was the guy's foot stomping of McLuran's premise of the evils of media technology, yet overreacting when he thought Syrett had incorrectly given out his website.  In effect saying the internet is destroying us, but make sure you go to my site.

Punnett would have eaten this guy and his half baked intellectualism for lunch.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 12, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
A new candidate for the worst C2C guest ever, Syrett's first segment guest last night, Nelson Thall.  Aside from the fact he came across as something of a paranoid old loon, he personified many of the stereotype traits of the people he was railing against. He frequently cut Syrett off and talked over him, and repeatedly either sidestepped or ignored questions asked of him.  The interview reminded me of a political debate. Sounded like Thall had points and answers he wanted to give, and he wasn't going to let the fact Syrett asked the wrong question keep him from delivering his message.  Even more ironic was the guy's foot stomping of McLuran's premise of the evils of media technology, yet overreacting when he thought Syrett had incorrectly given out his website.  In effect saying the internet is destroying us, but make sure you go to my site.

Punnett would have eaten this guy and his half baked intellectualism for lunch.
I was 'lucky' enough to accidentally pick up a robocall last week and it was one my Senators having a conference call with constituents. Very similar but was funny to see how he answered questions by talking with no answers but lots of words. And cleverly was able to thread the needle and agree both with Trump anti-immigration the 'world is ending' folks and the corporate pro-business globalist types who want more VISAs and immigrants. And get every 'answer' to questions back around to his main talking points even if the question started about some other subject. He reminded me also, a bit, of some C2C guests that subtly force agreement on something by questioner and then quickly...on to the next caller's question before the follow up.

I love Syrett's callers. He is about the only C2C host these days who has good callers. And unlike most hosts he lets them tell their tales, in length and details if interesting. Norry will have a potentially great caller with a crazy, interesting tale and he will cut him off right before it gets good. Maybe because he doesn't listen to them? Idk. Syrett like Art will let it go on if the story is a good one. Syrett's mild Canadian manners is also hilarious because when confronted with the crazy American stories he says things like "Good Lord." "Oh my," and so on.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on July 12, 2020, 11:13:59 AM
I was 'lucky' enough to accidentally pick up a robocall last week and it was one my Senators having a conference call with constituents. Very similar but was funny to see how he answered questions by talking with no answers but lots of words. And cleverly was able to thread the needle and agree both with Trump anti-immigration the 'world is ending' folks and the corporate pro-business globalist types who want more VISAs and immigrants. And get every 'answer' to questions back around to his main talking points even if the question started about some other subject. He reminded me also, a bit, of some C2C guests that subtly force agreement on something by questioner and then quickly...on to the next caller's question before the follow up.

I love Syrett's callers. He is about the only C2C host these days who has good callers. And unlike most hosts he lets them tell their tales, in length and details if interesting. Norry will have a potentially great caller with a crazy, interesting tale and he will cut him off right before it gets good. Maybe because he doesn't listen to them? Idk. Syrett like Art will let it go on if the story is a good one. Syrett's mild Canadian manners is also hilarious because when confronted with the crazy American stories he says things like "Good Lord." "Oh my," and so on.

Cornyn?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 12, 2020, 11:56:31 AM
Cornyn?
Yup.

I enjoyed the story about the Grizzly hybrid by the N.Californian guy on Syrett's show Friday night and liked his idea of a cover-up. I'm not sure his theory that clear cutting a forest would cause an increase in apex predators. Sure it would make them move, come into suburbs, scavenge from trash, attack livestock etc because their prey and food, like berries, are gone but cause an actual increase in numbers? And also confronting a Grizzly, or Grizzly hybrid, with a .270? Especially one already known to be so aggressive. Seems a bit light, to me. I wish Syrett would've asked the caller to email C2C the pictures of the dead bear. And even if the Rangers took the body and skin- for the cover up- there still could be DNA from where he cleaned it that could be analyzed to see if Grizzly or what.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on July 12, 2020, 12:02:28 PM
Yup.

I enjoyed the story about the Grizzly hybrid by the N.Californian guy on Syrett's show Friday night and liked his idea of a cover-up. I'm not sure his theory that clear cutting a forest would cause an increase in apex predators. Sure it would make them move, come into suburbs, scavenge from trash, attack livestock etc because their prey and food, like berries, are gone but cause an actual increase in numbers? And also confronting a Grizzly, or Grizzly hybrid, with a .270? Especially one already known to be so aggressive. Seems a bit light, to me. I wish Syrett would've asked the caller to email C2C the pictures of the dead bear. And even if the Rangers took the body and skin- for the cover up- there still could be DNA from where he cleaned it that could be analyzed to see if Grizzly or what.

Cornyn is a fucktard.  I supported Dwayne Stovall in both of the last primaries against him. 

I didn’t hear the show.  More berries grow after a clear cut.  More of everything grows actually. Selective clear cutting supports tremendous diversity both in flora and fauna.

ItsTelly

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 13, 2020, 11:40:35 AMOne guy, who thought he might be the reincarnated Christ, was being stalked by Mormons, and some old gal thought she might be the reincarnated John the Baptist.

Couldn't Syrett have linked the two callers and made it a conference call.  It would have been interesting to see what JC and JB would say to each other after all these years.

Open lines with Syrett really brings out the crackpots for some reason.  Maybe it's because he's Canadian.

Anyway, I miss Friday night unscreened open lines with Art Bell.  Those were the days...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsTelly on August 22, 2020, 04:01:52 PM
Couldn't Syrett have linked the two callers and made it a conference call.  It would have been interesting to see what JC and JB would say to each other after all these years.

Open lines with Syrett really brings out the crackpots for some reason.  Maybe it's because he's Canadian.

Anyway, I miss Friday night unscreened open lines with Art Bell.  Those were the days...

He’s the best host C2C has now. Hands down!

Personally, I think they should buy Snoory’s contract out and golden parachute that guy outta there. Then they should coax Clyde Lewis to come over and between the two of them they’d have the best guys in this field locked up. Throw in the occasional Knapp show and it might just return to it’s former glory.

albrecht

Syrett is the best C2C host these days. And he gets the best callers. I was hoping RCH would call in with the guest who has solved the situation and developed an Unified Theory because he mentioned BOTH ether AND torsion at some point! Also the pedo buster call who couldn't discuss some cases but was investigating sex crimes at the highest level. Norry cuts those guys off because 'it is a family show' but, strangely, it is ok for a 'family show' to talk about dead babies, tragic accidents, musings about how things went during some natural disaster or child abuse killing.  :o   

Jeff in Milwaukee revealed the open secret of electro-gravitics which is done by capacitors- NOT WITH THE COIL! NASA was formed as a cover for the program. (Again RCH would like Jeff from Milwaukee.)

Austin in Houston says "we are going in the wrong direction when we look for metals. There is something else there that we need to turn around." "There are variables that are undiscovered." 

Mike from North Dakota wants to shout out to regular callers and mentions Bud Hopkins and Andersen Affair. He is not sure if he is an experiencer. Not sure if it was a nightmare or a dream from the Creature of the Black Lagoon in the backdoor. Thankfully Richard didn't bring up Whitley's backdoor experience. 

Woah. Richard allowed a long caller on the "Dancing Israelis" and such things.  This does not bode well for a Canadian or a radio host, unfortunately.   

albrecht

"His widow was completely without funds to purchase a suitable grave site. As a result, Clinton's remains were placed in the family vault of Dr. Samuel Stringer (1735-1817), an old friend and fellow Mason from Albany, in the old Swan Street Cemetery."

For a governor of NY, Presidential candidate, who completed the Erie Canal!

I think this guest has cribbed a lot of those who have gone before with this stuff, like Bill Cooper, Russel Pine (aka Jordan Maxwell,) and etc and so on.....