• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

ksm32

If people keep saying good things about Syrett..   Georgie will have him disappear.   Not literally, but from C2C.

Juan Cena

This "Hidden History" makes JFK sound out like a saint.

Quote from: ksm32 on August 19, 2015, 01:34:20 AM
If people keep saying good things about Syrett..   Georgie will have him disappear.   Not literally, but from C2C.

I wonder if George sits around all day and imagines portals sucking up people he doesn't like.

Who

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 17, 2015, 12:19:19 PM
I will take Syrett ANYTIME over Willis, Garr, or Noory.

Syrett does just fine.

Same here.  I'll listen to C2C anytime Syrett or Knapp is hosting.  Noory is hideous and I won't listen to him regardless of who the guest may be.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 22, 2015, 12:37:51 PM
I wonder if George sits around all day and imagines portals sucking up people he doesn't like.

Knowing Dave, he's probably trying to wish people to the cornfield.

Juan Cena

This may be the most boring discussion of Nazis ever.

Ironically, that may be what makes it so plausible.

Juan Cena

Okay, Farrell is officially a Putin-licker. calling the Ukranian govt Nazis.

Whereislucky

He ain't no Canadian Art Bell, shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as AB but.... There is definitely a "mothership" on stand-by to disappear Richard Syrett from "Captain Kangaroo's Universe."

Just came to learn about Bores comedy short show last night in Canada thanks to Syrett, including George wearing a wig of Donald trump.. Which made me wonder how a man feels wear two toupees

smitty9999

I have personal friends that work at a radio station in Toronto who have worked with Richard in the past.  The guy is a class act and cool dude.  I always enjoy his own show on Sunday nights locally and whenever he hosts Coast to Coast.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 22, 2015, 11:54:42 PM
This may be the most boring discussion of Nazis ever.

Ironically, that may be what makes it so plausible.
Spot on. Not sure I buy the theory totally but there the history and people behind the Bank for International Settlements and the "mission creep" of the EU is troubling and how it keeps growing in power even when the people, or individual countries, vote against it.

Nebraska888

Quote from: smitty9999 on August 23, 2015, 02:23:03 PM
I have personal friends that work at a radio station in Toronto who have worked with Richard in the past.  The guy is a class act and cool dude.  I always enjoy his own show on Sunday nights locally and whenever he hosts Coast to Coast.

Great to know this....thanks for sharing.  I enjoy Syrett.

zeebo

Tonite .. Warp drives & Chupacabras.  I think I might check this one out.

zeebo

Ok so maybe I'm the only one listening to this show.  But I gotta say, pretty good show tonite.  Space travel talk was cool, and Nick Redfern on creepy cryptids is excellent as usual.  Mr. Syrett is doing fine, with good questions and comments, and a laid-back but still engaging style.

Scully

No, not the only one listening, Zeebo.  I didn't listen to the first hour, but I've been enjoying the cryptozoology part.  No complaints about Syrett tonight.  He's staying on track and off distracting biases that have bothered me in the past.  8)

zeebo

Ok so who's ready to catch 'Syrett Fever' tonite?  Ok so the first hour's a write-off, about current political blah blah.  But main guest writes about "archaeology, lost civilizations, ancient flood myths, Atlantology, crop circles, and comparative religion", so could be worth checking out, even if RS sometimes sounds like a plucky wizard from some D&D quest.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on October 10, 2015, 09:56:19 PM
Ok so who's ready to catch 'Syrett Fever' tonite?  Ok so the first hour's a write-off, about current political blah blah.  But main guest writes about "archaeology, lost civilizations, ancient flood myths, Atlantology, crop circles, and comparative religion", so could be worth checking out, even if RS sometimes sounds like a plucky wizard from some D&D quest.
If I am awake after SIT

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2015, 10:07:14 PM
If I am awake after SIT

He just mentioned Hobbits.  See, I knew he's some kind of half-mage half-gnome D&D class.

zeebo

Um this guest is starting to sound like a hostile witness.   ???  RS may need to use a charm spell.

AvDaBr

This guest answers questions like Noory asks them.

zeebo

Haha, ok the guest's a dud .. so .. uh, let's just go to open lines and talk about giants.

Scully

Anybody besides me think the second guest had more than just connection problems?

Wow!  ::)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Scully on October 11, 2015, 01:37:31 AM
Anybody besides me think the second guest had more than just connection problems?

Wow!  ::)
I've never heard a guest so stoned in the 20+ years I've listened to C2C. The first five minutes were funny; but it became aggravating when Syrett pissed away an entire segment trying to get a coherent sentence out of him. But even so, Chouinard made more sense than 2nd gen hardcore crank Skousen. 

wr250

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 11, 2015, 09:42:39 AM
I've never heard a guest so stoned in the 20+ years I've listened to C2C. The first five minutes were funny; but it became aggravating when Syrett pissed away an entire segment trying to get a coherent sentence out of him.
we have however heard a host that stoned

Nebraska888

Quote from: ksm32 on August 19, 2015, 01:34:20 AM

I know......

However, with Schrader, Syrett, Knapp, Willis, and even Church.......George is outnumbered by much better substitutes.  You can't get rid of ALL of them!   ;)

Just 3 minutes of him virtually jamming his head up The Donald's Privileged Ass while "interviewing" Arch-Partisan-Democrat-Hater Joel Skousen , had me desperately looking for my radio dial. Fortunately I was able to stream some Old Art Bell show content as an antidote to the political horseshit that was flying over our Northern border.

What a relief it is to know that George Knapp usually hosts Sunday night's C2CAM show.

I am grateful that Art makes an effort to avoid alienating his listeners by putrefying the airwaves with the usual political trash we hear on AM radio these days.

On a political note: It's shows like Art's that are a glimmer of hope for our deeply divided country (USA). I fear we could see a rampage, like the pogroms of Soviet Russia, or ethnic cleansing massacres in Ruwanda, Bosnia etc. if things continue to polarize.
Art Bell for POTUS? Nah, he likes his new job to much. :)

Mastodonkey

Whoever that second hour guest was to me there's no way that was even the correct person on the line. I'm not so sure he was stoned but just trolling the hell out of Richard who just blindly kept going on and on and on.. fuck. I laughed.

sucks though, Atlantis is my favorite topic and was looking forward to a decent interview.

Robert

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 11, 2015, 09:42:39 AMI've never heard a guest so stoned in the 20+ years I've listened to C2C. The first five minutes were funny; but it became aggravating when Syrett pissed away an entire segment trying to get a coherent sentence out of him.
The explanation he just gave out was that the guest had a diabetic seizure.

Scully

Quote from: Robert on October 12, 2015, 12:39:42 AM
The explanation he just gave out was that the guest had a diabetic seizure.

Where did you see that?  Just curious ...

MTB

He mentioned it on air, I think in the intro to the second guest.