Here is the TL;DR version.

analog kid

What is going on in this thread.

I just don't understand.

onan

Quote from: analog kid on August 02, 2014, 11:53:23 AM

I just don't understand.

That is about all the understanding there is for this thread.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: analog kid on August 02, 2014, 11:53:23 AM

I just don't understand.

No-one likes a show off. You got lucky, okay?

WildCard

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 02, 2014, 12:21:52 PM

No-one likes a show off. You got lucky, okay?
I beg your pardon?! Everyone loves a show-off. Even UK commies know that.
Yeah, he got lucky. It's the American way.
Don Draper wins the thread.

Mr. Fidget

About knockoffs and re-creations:

Every "linkey fidget" is a cohesive design pattern unto itself. Any normal "linkey fidget" can be created by the average person. The advanced custom designs are much more difficult.
   The site "fidgetland" formerly "fidgetman" is owned and operated by Jason BURNS. He first got my designs from a store that had them in Venice. When I discovered it, and called Jason, we met at the store, and I told him the fidget story. I had hopes we could work together, at one point I offered to licence his re-creations at a penny apiece. Not for financial gain per say.
   He buys from the supplier I have for more than a decade longer. His "new work" is a fraction of what I've done for decades. Art Bell posted pictures of a 99% similar design as "Noah" I sent him in 1997, a clear public record. I call it "No uh' I did not really invent this."  That's all he could say to be honest about it, historically.
   And then there is the private record, the first "[DRR] Double Ring Rotator" made by request for a friend. Oh yes, and the micro-book I put out and distributed with the DRR.
   The enhanced functionality I seek from our supplier will help him too. He does not remember the good old days when our supplier could precut chain, like they could, and did for me in the 90's.
   He was unresponsive to my offers, so he's just my tool, doing my fulfilment. There is some back story here. In early versions of his site, he told the truth:
[attachimg=4]
I have reversed the true, historical proof text.
you'll have to enter it, sorry.)

Welcome to Fidgetland, a place for fidgeters.

I created fidgetland com, (formerly Fidget Man) after learning that the fidgets I was making and using for my attention deficit disorder could help other people who also have the need to fidget. I would use anything I could get my hands on to fidget with; bottle caps, paper clips, straw wrappers, small pieces of paper, anything, it didn’t matter. I searched the internet for a suitable fidgets that weren’t big, bright and/or intended for kids and found nothing. So I decided to make my own. After countless prototypes comprised of different rings, links and everything else I tried using; I finally had it. A functional fluid moving fidget that I would be comfortable using in a meeting and carrying with me everywhere I went, I named it NOAH after my son.  Soon after I added ELLIE (named after my daughter) CHANEY and the LITTLE FELLA to the product line.

I started selling my fidgets via my own website fidgetman.com and quickly began getting emails from parents whose children had ADHD, Autism, ASD, or suffered from learning disabilities, anxiety, nail biting, hair twirling and other disorders. The emails were so moving and unexpected, to think that my fidgets were actually helping to change and improve lives, it was amazing! My fidgets were helping kids focus, improving grades, getting kids to to stop biting their nails and even adults to quit smoking. I was so inspired that I created www fidgetland com with the sole purpose of helping people, people who need to fidget for whatever reason. So if you are a fidgeter or a parent, spouse, friend of a fidgeter, we’ve got your back.

Fidget Now, Fidget Forever!

Jason Burns aka “The Fidget Man”

I'm not impressed by his stance, but am a bit grateful, I just want "Linkey Fidgets" available. That's why I told people how to make them on the air more than once in 1997, in this thread, and often in person. Not making Art take down the image of five models, when I asked him to put one, also speaks to my willingness to have these objects in public domain.
   Little facts like all the national sales representatives for Giro Helmets getting them for Christmas gifts at their national meeting in the 90's, and a wide range of other experiential proof is why Jason is just an un-cooperative emulator. He put rubber bands on it, not a bad idea... as I've told him.
  His website's offerings are a far cry from the stuff I've done, and he has gaul for trying to be "The Fidget Man." He rebranded after I brought up the Lanham Act with him, a pure loss for him considering Art Bell called me "The Fidget Man" on the worlds biggest nighttime radio show. I think Jason was in high school at the time, but I don't know his age.

[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=1]

I do know metal working pre-dates both of us. He is not in "my guild," he is walking (hobbling in artistic comparison) in my footsteps.
[attachimg=3]
I'm back to my stuff.
I like to set the record straight,
and for now it most certainly is.
Water, bridge...

mf
ps
:)

b_dubb

thanks for winding up Mr BikeChain themudking.  thanks ... so  .... much

jazmunda

Mr Fidget 1 Fidget Man 0.

That's what you get for living in a country where people are up-side-down. Your looking at it backwards. Mr Fidget 0 Fidget Man 1. At least he did something with the damn thing like, Sell it, and not whine about an idea from 30 years ago that you sat on and someone took the lead. Now there is always litigation, but that would require a moderate deal of coherence to present ones case in front of a magistrate. A cruel reality, but reality none the less.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 05, 2014, 11:16:12 PM
Mr Fidget 1 Fidget Man 0.

jazmunda

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on August 06, 2014, 05:57:55 AM
That's what you get for living in a country where people are up-side-down. Your looking at it backwards. Mr Fidget 0 Fidget Man 1. At least he did something with the damn thing like, Sell it, and not whine about an idea from 30 years ago that you sat on and someone took the lead. Now there is always litigation, but that would require a moderate deal of coherence to present ones case in front of a magistrate. A cruel reality, but reality none the less.

In text sarcasm is the first casualty.

BTW I have nothing against Australia or it fine bat-like people. In fact I would find it preferable to living in the US. If by some miracle I should ever get to visit, would magnetic boots help for a few days until I get acclimated or is there some special thing you folks give to tourists when they first arrive?

Quote from: jazmunda on August 06, 2014, 06:09:56 AM
In text sarcasm is the first casualty.

b_dubb

<sarcasm>not if you use these handy and effective sarcasm tags!<\sarcasm>

<sarcasm>If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor<\sarcasm>

Tarbaby

I'm trying to mull over which is worse, attention deficit or obsessive fixation.;-)

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on August 06, 2014, 08:07:08 AM
<sarcasm>not if you use these handy and effective sarcasm tags!<\sarcasm>

I cannot believe that <sarcasm> hasn't been included into html code after all these years.

coaster

This thread is 31 pages too long, but I still want a fidget.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: coaster on August 06, 2014, 05:03:50 PM
This thread is 31 pages too long, but I still want a fidget.
Send me an email from my profile Coaster, include a mailing address and I'll send one.
   Well back at "Linkey Fidget" central, I'm making stuff. I just finished another orb made by request:
[attachimg=1]
   And I'm working on a quick how to video for the Double Ring Rotator Linkey Fidget, I'll post it soon.

There is more, askew albeit, in the works.

mf

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 14, 2014, 10:44:01 AM
   Send me an email from my profile Coaster, include a mailing address and I'll send one.

well HELL.  if i'd known this is all it takes to get a fidget, i would have been blasting off private messages a long time ago.  i'd be happy to pay for the fidget and shipping.

me wants fidget.

The General

Let me get this straight...
MR FIDGET is selling FIDGETS? 
I just don't follow.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: The General on August 14, 2014, 11:23:17 AM
Let me get this straight...
MR FIDGET is selling FIDGETS? 
I just don't follow.
No Sir, that is a bigger fish than I can fry currently. I hope to change that in an innovative open source way, I've had some offers, we'll see. I will offer to, at my own expense, send some fidgets to the Gabbers without "cost."
   If you feel you get a value out of them, you're welcome to participate in my public support mechanisms, when I finish building them.
   So, come one, come all... email a mailing address, and I'll send you an "Art Bell fiasco atonement" fidget. I don't mind a bit, I make fidgets for fun, & gifts.

mf

The General

I don't want a free one, though.  I want to pay for it. 
It would be so easy to accept 5 dollars through paypal. 
Can I pay you for a Fidget?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: The General on August 14, 2014, 12:17:22 PM
I don't want a free one, though.  I want to pay for it. 
It would be so easy to accept 5 dollars through paypal. 
Can I pay you for a Fidget?
Sir I can not do business in the state of California, for I do not want the logistical burdens. I can accept a tip/donation through paypal... if you like, but the fidget is a gift without any expectation of payment. I must retain my non-commercial nature at this time.

mf

The General

You send a Fidget, and I will send a donation.

Tarbaby

Mr. Fidget, how much would one cost that would actually allow me to time travel? Like the mud king's?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: The General on August 14, 2014, 12:26:03 PM
You send a Fidget, and I will send a donation.
Thanks. If business regulation was more navigable for independent people, I would be in business. At scale my serious business development will have an mba at the helm, not a hard knocks diploma holder such as myself. I'm into art, not business.
Quote from: Tarbaby on August 14, 2014, 12:35:59 PM
Mr. Fidget, how much would one cost that would actually allow me to time travel? Like the mud king's?
I don't sell them, these will be gifts without expectations of payment.
   This brings me to the complexity factor of "what is a fidget?" I call them Linkey Fidgets because Art Bernstein held trademark on "figit," and did not want to let me use it, when I called to ask him. He had a little plastic disk with color-changing oil in it he called a "figit." Thus Linkey Fidget.
   I have made more than 30 types of Linkey Fidgets, Art Bell got 5. The type in question, my "Double Ring Rotator" is the type T.M.K. has. I can send you that type, w/o the rubber bands.
   I'll post a "pick your fidget" post soon, and you can see the 5 in action. The knockoff guy himself will learn from it, he does not have the 23 years of chain art experience I have.

You'll enjoy it...
stay tuned.
mf
ps. Usually offers come with "while supplies last," in this case it's "as circumstances permit."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on August 14, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

you'll eat this .jpg when my fidget shows up.   muahahaha.

jazmunda

Do you send gifts to Australia?

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on August 14, 2014, 03:29:00 PM
you'll eat this .jpg when my fidget shows up.   muahahaha.
Let's hope MF doesn't waste any time. I'm hungry.