• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

WildCard

Great call last night, bro. "Blessed are the peacemakers . . ."

73s

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on April 15, 2016, 09:24:03 PM
   I am, and likewise 73s. I figure you are a ham, based on your user name. I'm a bit of a ham myself... but not the FCC kind. This pic is a screen grab of my first appearance on tv as an "extra". It was in Mork and Mindy, ep. 55 Dueling Skates (11/27/80). I was 12. I'm the kid whose hands you can see, looking at the camera. :)

We're close in age. Yep, I'm a ham operator. And good to hear you on the show last night.

GravitySucks

Hey Mr. Fidget. Got to hear your call. Sounded like you are doing good.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: WildCard on April 16, 2016, 11:40:33 AM
Great call last night, bro. "Blessed are the peacemakers . . ."
Thanks!
Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 11:54:27 AM
We're close in age. Yep, I'm a ham operator. And good to hear you on the show last night.
Someday I'll have the time/space to take the test. I like RF. As a young boy I went cross-country hitchhiking with Dad, and we got picked up by a trucker. He let me play with the CB, and I've liked "broadcasting" ever since.
Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2016, 01:38:02 PM
Hey Mr. Fidget. Got to hear your call. Sounded like you are doing good.
This last week has been great. I'm hopeful that soon I'll succeed in my quest to relocate to Oregon, and have a little art studio. Thanks for your help in that direction, it means a lot to me.
:)

I would love to see/hear Phil Plait (the bad Astronomer) and RCH (Dick Hogwash) battle it out.

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on April 18, 2016, 07:19:37 PM
Wingdings!
Your stuff is cool and you will always be a legend from the old calls. But, I hope that those calls will be a footnote in the museums and art auctions for your stuff! Good luck, I hope you made/make-it to Oregon and get your stuff sorted out of the storage units etc.
ps: keep on Fidgeting!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2016, 10:28:07 PM
Your stuff is cool and you will always be a legend from the old calls. But, I hope that those calls will be a footnote in the museums and art auctions for your stuff! Good luck, I hope you made/make-it to Oregon and get your stuff sorted out of the storage units etc.
Thanks for the kind thoughts,

it's
       just
               a

"matter" of "time".

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on April 21, 2016, 02:19:56 PM
This exists!
Awesome. Hope your move worked out and, really, can get your stuff in galleries or shows and out of storage lockers, lest I see them on some 'reality' storage auction shows.
ps: keep on fidgeting

chefist

We are all rooting for you, buddy! Keep on keeping on!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on April 21, 2016, 02:19:56 PM
This exists!
It's out of my hands now ... that sculpture turned into a brand new phone, and a months service. Helpful. :)

Mr. Fidget

I've been continuing to work on small sculptures, people seem to like them. It's a different reaction than fidgets ever got, less "what's that for?" more "That's cool, what is it!"
   My new phone is the best I've had yet, the camera is amazing.

73s

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 05, 2016, 11:01:13 PM
Fidget Friday!

Very nice! Happy Fidget Friday to you.

Mr. Fidget

Wow, my thread views have surpassed the Mjr. Dames thread... funny since he was on so frequently. Look out RCH, only 200k more views and you're eating dust! ;)
   That last mat cut I posted was made as a custom cut, on archival mat board, for a friend who liked what I was doing... but wanted new mat used instead of repurposed. He brought the mat and let me cut what felt right. In retrospect comparing it to the mat cut pictured in this post, it was childs play. He has both, representative of my growth in mat cutting.
   I'm still focused on getting into my own studio, so I can do even more amazing art. Now that the new crowd funding rules are in effect I'll be able to raise enough capital to set up shop. Now, instead of just a gadget, investors (even non-accredited) can get equity. If you had not noticed the new rules going into effect, www.startengine.com and sites like it make it a lot easier for someone in a position like me. I need to get the compliance stuff (llc, dba, etc) in line, but that's not such a big set of hurdles compared to the many I have already cleared.

I wish you all a Happy reflective Memorial Day.
[attachment id=1 msg=825879]

Mr. Fidget

It's way past time for an update here. Today is my 48th birthday! Since several months ago a lot has changed for me. I got out of California, and have participated in a few events since. I passed my written drivers test yesterday, and will have my licence back soon. MV sent me some dough for his fidgets, so I used $5 of it to pay for the test. Hopefully  my next gig should provide the needed money to move my LA storage to Oregon... and rent a studio space like I had hoped to.

My situation is improving!

One of the events was at a museum where I took these photos of a bigfoot statue they had.

maureen

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 20, 2016, 08:38:57 PM
   It's way past time for an update here. Today is my 48th birthday! Since several months ago a lot has changed for me. I got out of California, and have participated in a few events since. I passed my written drivers test yesterday, and will have my licence back soon. MV sent me some dough for his fidgets, so I used $5 of it to pay for the test. Hopefully  my next gig should provide the needed money to move my LA storage to Oregon... and rent a studio space like I had hoped to.

My situation is improving!

One of the events was at a museum where I took these photos of a bigfoot statue they had.

Many happy returns of the day, Mr. Fidget!! I'm delighted to hear things are going well!  Cheers!

Mr. Fidget

I found this in the fidget file, obviously not a current offer:

MV/Liberace!

I'm the proud owner of six figits:

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mv on September 21, 2016, 11:06:01 PM
I'm the proud owner of six figits:

And I didn't realize you'd been spelling your own name incorrectly until I saw that article.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: mv on September 21, 2016, 11:08:56 PM
And I didn't realize you'd been spelling your own name incorrectly until I saw that article.
My spelling does have room for improvement.

ps. I found out there was a trademark on "figit" back when I first started on this endeavor in the early 90's... the guy (Art Bernstein) who owned it was not amiable to letting me use any derivation, thus I called them "Linkey Fidgets".

Mr. Fidget

Mr. Fidgets Mailbag
Coming Soon(ish)...

albrecht

Fun stuff, Mr.Fidget. I never realized they/you made so much press. Some of the best Art shows ever though. Good luck in completing your move and getting your D/L.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on September 23, 2016, 09:21:30 PM
Fun stuff, Mr.Fidget. I never realized they/you made so much press. Some of the best Art shows ever though. Good luck in completing your move and getting your D/L.
Thanks albrecht, I'm closer than ever to a studio space. I passed the driving part of the licensing process a couple days ago! Now I just need to pay an issue fee ($60), and I'm good for 8 years. Since I don't have a vehicle right now... no big hurry. Thanks for the consistent encouragement.

ps. I worked this summer with a parrot show, the picture is a Sulfer Crested Cockatoo landing on my arm... birds are fantastic!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: maureen on August 21, 2016, 10:57:19 AM
Many happy returns of the day, Mr. Fidget!! I'm delighted to hear things are going well!  Cheers!
And thank-you too maureen, for the consistent encouragement. :)

ps. Here is a pic of one of the cool birds from this summer. :)

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on September 23, 2016, 09:34:22 PM
   Thanks albrecht, I'm closer than ever to a studio space. I passed the driving part of the licensing process a couple days ago! Now I just need to pay an issue fee ($60), and I'm good for 8 years. Since I don't have a vehicle right now... no big hurry. Thanks for the consistent encouragement.

ps. I worked this summer with a parrot show, the picture is a Sulfer Crested Cockatoo landing on my arm... birds are fantastic!
Cool, your stuff needs to be in a studio. I was amazed to know that certain parrots can live many decades. There was a sad story nearby a few years ago where a person's parrot was stolen by landscapers. Held for ransom, abused, weird legal problems and maybe corruption, and then finally they got it  back.  The parrot was two-generations handed down and was 85. Then the case just got weirder and weirder. Luckily they got Oliver back but was a strange case.
http://projects.statesman.com/news/missing-parrot/

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on September 23, 2016, 09:45:27 PM
And thank-you too maureen, for the consistent encouragement. :)

ps. Here is a pic of one of the cool birds from this summer. :)

African Greys are awesome they are really smart, probably smarter than a lot of Bellgabbers. I've always wanted one but my dog thinks differently.