• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 12, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
   Thanks maureen, it's made of keyrings and the rollers from the center of bicycle chain. Making stuff like this keeps me focused. I hope to make bigger ones someday.
:)
mf
You are going to be set with a nice set of chainmail if the MadMax scenario breaks out of Norry's predictions of EMP attacks or the "Shimeta!" I understand your beef with Art but it would be a nice blast from the past if you did make it through on a call. Will your calling tricks still work in this digitial/Skype age?
In any event, keep on fideting!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on October 13, 2015, 11:41:24 AM
You are going to be set with a nice set of chainmail if the MadMax scenario breaks out of Norry's predictions of EMP attacks or the "Shimeta!" I understand your beef with Art but it would be a nice blast from the past if you did make it through on a call. Will your calling tricks still work in this digitial/Skype age?
In any event, keep on fideting!
I think Art's caller id would show my info, we've gone beyond the good old days when "captive ringing" would insure I'd get through. I don't consider myself to have a beef with Art, so much as he seems to have with me. All I wanted was to explain what happened. Privately at least, publicly at most. I guess he just does not think my story matters, if so... we disagree. I think he missed a tremendous pr opportunity, oh well.
   In the "now", I'm amazed at what this "deep dream" thing does. The attached is the pic from a couple posts back, filtered many times through "deepdreamgenerator.com":

henge0stone

Don't feel like reading through all this, did Mr. Fidget ever explain why he never sent out his fidgets or paid anyone back their money? All his posts are fuckin long ass essays and I just don't care that much. I thought the Atlantis lady was more entertaining anyway.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: henge0stone on October 28, 2015, 09:20:41 AM
Don't feel like reading through all this, did Mr. Fidget ever explain why he never sent out his fidgets or paid anyone back their money? All his posts are fuckin long ass essays and I just don't care that much. I thought the Atlantis lady was more entertaining anyway.
Yet, you (apparently) care enough to ask. I tried to keep Art informed at the time (in 97) as the events detailed above unfolded. The facts detailed by the documents I have posted above were not known until long after Art washed his hands of me... in one case (the unanimous Citizens Police Review Board assessment of "procedural mishandling" of my crime report) until December 1999. It took six months to even find out what the guards who assaulted me claimed I did. Art had me blacklisted 90 days before that even happened, over a year before MY impartial witnesses were interviewed. My ability to move forward was seriously hampered by not being able to either explain (or for that matter understand) what happened. Some people did receive a refund, and some a fidget. Regrettably, the vast majority received neither. Lets not forget my appearance was not intended to have a sale offer at all. I told people how to make their own, more than once. Only in the last hour, at Art's specific request, and Toby's (a guy who showed up at the payphone) urging did I make the offer. Tough luck all over.

The guy who intentionally deceived the audience with his "bigfoot in captivity" hoax got far better treatment, they brought him back... hilarious.

Since you "don't care that much" anyway, I guess it really does not matter... does it.

mf

henge0stone

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 28, 2015, 03:11:00 PM
   Yet, you (purportedly) care enough to ask. I tried to keep Art informed at the time (in 97) as the events detailed above unfolded. The facts detailed by the documents I have posted above were not known until long after Art washed his hands of me... in one case (the unanimous Citizens Police Review Board assessment of "procedural mishandling of my crime report") until December 1999. It took six months to even find out what the guards who assaulted me claimed I did. Art had me blacklisted 90 days before that even happened, over a year before MY impartial witnesses were interviewed. My ability to move forward was seriously hampered by not being able to either explain, or for that matter understand what happened. Some people did receive a refund, and lets not forget my appearance was not intended to have a sale offer at all. I told people how to make their own. Only in the last hour, at Art's specific request, and Toby's (a guy who showed up at the payphone) urging did I make the offer. Tough luck all over.

The guy who intentionally deceived the audience with his "bigfoot in captivity" hoax got far better treatment, they brought him back... hilarious.

Since you "don't care" anyway, I guess it really does not matter... does it.

mf

I don't care "that much" is the key word. I cared enough to see if someone could condense your reason for ripping people off with the fidgets, but since you can not I will continue to think your a sleazeball who ripped people off.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: henge0stone on October 28, 2015, 03:52:29 PM
I don't care "that much" is the key word. I cared enough to see if someone could condense your reason for ripping people off with the fidgets, but since you can not I will continue to think your a sleazeball who ripped people off.
Yeah, I was editing to reflect that minute difference as you respondedtrolled. "Ripping people off" is alleging "theft", and like it or not, is a legal term. In this instance it is liable. Theft requires the "intent", which I did not have:

From Wikipedia (emphasis added):
Elements: The actus reus of theft is usually defined as an unauthorized taking, keeping or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty and/or the intent to permanently deprive the owner or the person with rightful possession of that property or its use.

Good luck in your endeavors.

mf

ps. Reader, you too can brush up on how to nearly, yet not quite.... legally defame people here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/libel-vs-slander-different-types-defamation.html

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on October 27, 2015, 10:21:16 PM
   I think Art's caller id would show my info, we've gone beyond the good old days when "captive ringing" would insure I'd get through. I don't consider myself to have a beef with Art, so much as he seems to have with me. All I wanted was to explain what happened. Privately at least, publicly at most. I guess he just does not think my story matters, if so... we disagree. I think he missed a tremendous pr opportunity, oh well.
   In the "now", I'm amazed at what this "deep dream" thing does. The attached is the pic from a couple posts back, filtered many times through "deepdreamgenerator.com":
Trippy. I don't know and it was years ago and probably any statute of limitations has gone regardless who was wronged or thought wronged. I just thought you and Art made epic radio and it would be nice to reprise it, settle differences, and etc but it is not my fight, so whatever.  (I don't like this google initiative to teach computers to see and also wonder why it "sees" us as some types of demon-enemy persona.)

Keep on fidgeting.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on October 28, 2015, 06:26:32 PM
Trippy. I don't know and it was years ago and probably any statute of limitations has gone regardless who was wronged or thought wronged. I just thought you and Art made epic radio and it would be nice to reprise it, settle differences, and etc but it is not my fight, so whatever.  (I don't like this google initiative to teach computers to see and also wonder why it "sees" us as some types of demon-enemy persona.)

Keep on fidgeting.
I agree, but in this situation I'm not the "power holder", that is Art. I'll not go after him, or his show... If he wants to find me he knows how. I really don't know how I'd respond now anyway. There is a lot of spilled milk, such is life.
   I am on the fence about the google algorithm myself. I think the DD (deep dream) one is separate from the AI they're using on photos. DD does cool stuff, but I've not yet looked into it enough to understand what it is really doing. I do think all the users of the google photo service benefit from being able to search their photos by visual content, but at what cost remains to be seen.
   I've heard lately that facebook photos are parsed for biometric data as well... it's all a bit difficult to fathom.

On the bright side Linkey Fidgets are Y3k compliant!

mf

Mr. Fidget

Merry Christmas Bellgab.
mf

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on December 25, 2015, 04:54:55 AM
Merry Christmas Bellgab.
mf
Thanks Mr.Fidget. Same to you. Alas, it looks like, at least for now, we will miss out on your call to Art Bell. But who knows what the future and new year brings. In any event, keep on fidgeting!

Mr. Fidget

With all the action around BG in last couple weeks, highs and lows... I think fidgeting is in order. I've called it "the other f-word" in terms of Premier, and Art because neither will say it. A few posts back I said they (fidgets) are y3k compliant, but I hope it does not take humanity 900+ more years to recognize the benefits accumulated by having an outlet for "nervous" or "stressful" energy. Hopefully we can recognize that in order to make an efficient system, it helps to have an example of one. My devices are efficient systems. This nervous-stress energy causes havok, and that havok is run rampant in society. Fidgeting is also one of the many methods of changing brain state by utilizing the mind-hand connection, we have a lot of brains in the world that need a "state change".
   Consider this, because it shows how we all go through life "open eye blind" to efficient systems: The words used in door signage "push" & "pull" (which everyone has gotten wrong at times) are indeed opposites... and yet they both begin with "pu" a 50% similarly AT THE BEGINNING, thus causing a moment of confusion in "the process of understanding". A more logical sign would be a green concave circle with an "i" for "in" (push), and a red convex octagon with "o" for "out" (pull)... and perhaps a crossing mixed red & green "i/o" style for doors that swing both ways. This would make it "immediately known" at a glance which way a door swings, and would save a huge amount of exertion in error. That would also reduce damage to door structures from "wrong way push/pulling".
  Clearly I have not participated much in bellgab for the last year. Partly because of some of the harsh treatment I received in trying to explain my story, but more so because I have spent the entire year homeless... sleeping on the ground.
que sera sera.

mf

Mr. Fidget

All that homelessness stuff aside, it was not a bad year. Like I tell the police, I live in my body. Where it is parked is not such a big issue for me. The prior whole year I had this (attached photo) place all to myself, 23k square feet of early 1900's historical architecture... capacity 1000. Turns out that's too many stairs, and as the caretaker I'd have to chase off the trouble. If you ever have a place this large, you'll find it difficult to decide which of the 20+ toilets to use. I did have three pool tables, and my game got better. I had so much time, and so much space... I found bellgab.

mf

maureen

wishing you all the best in the new year

henge0stone

After listening to his Bellgab appearance I came up with a theory that he used his fidgets to travel through time and he is now living several timelines simultaneously which explains why he is so scatter brained and can't adequately communicate what happened.

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on December 27, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
   All that homelessness stuff aside, it was not a bad year. Like I tell the police, I live in my body. Where it is parked is not such a big issue for me. The prior whole year I had this (attached photo) place all to myself, 23k square feet of early 1900's historical architecture... capacity 1000. Turns out that's too many stairs, and as the caretaker I'd have to chase off the trouble. If you ever have a place this large, you'll find it difficult to decide which of the 20+ toilets to use. I did have three pool tables, and my game got better. I had so much time, and so much space... I found bellgab.

mf
They actually built stuff to last back then. Sounds like a neat building. I also was a bit intrigued by your "push/pull" speculations actually. Have a happy New Year and keep on fidgeting!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on December 25, 2015, 08:38:38 AM
Thanks Mr.Fidget. Same to you. Alas, it looks like, at least for now, we will miss out on your call to Art Bell. But who knows what the future and new year brings. In any event, keep on fidgeting!
Will do. I think someday Art will "get it", clearly he has his hands full. I don't begrudge, or understand his position with regards to my story. His show, his rules, his problem. I've always been available to explain. It took three long years to have enough facts to be able to explain. The legal system takes it's time. He had me blacklisted at 60 days.

I hope you have a fine new year!

Quote from: maureen on December 27, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
wishing you all the best in the new year
Thanks, and likewise. Nice picture, I see you always have some nature in your environment. More people should focus on the amazing designs our universe provides for our examination. :)

Quote from: henge0stone on December 27, 2015, 05:27:09 PM
After listening to his Bellgab appearance I came up with a theory that he used his fidgets to travel through time and he is now living several timelines simultaneously which explains why he is so scatter brained and can't adequately communicate what happened.
Being in the middle of a lynch mob makes clear "unscattered" communication from the lynchee impossible. Maybe someday MV will ask me to try again. It is a true, verifiable with real documentation... "legal drama", without doubt. I'd ask what is Art, Premier, and every one of the DOZENS of media outlets I contacted afraid of? They can't deny the veracity of my proof, so conveniently they ignore it to the point of being unwilling to even examine it. That's your media.

Have a good new year!

mf

Mr. Fidget

Greetings Bellgab'rs, I'd like to reintroduce myself. My name is Shaz Rydstedt, pronounced like "Shaw's Ride-sted". Art Bell has known that, although not the rest of this, since the day he got his 5 free fidgets in 1997.
   I am an American, and in this particular post, I am addressing the American's on bellgab. The foreign members of bellgab have no "American rights" or what's remaining of "American civil liberties"... fought for valiantly by my Dad, and countless other Americans. "American constitutional rights" such as "American free speech" are not really available to you, and although you enjoy it here at bellgab... it's MV's gift to you. You should also know my Dad did not endure 24 missions over Germany in the top turret of a B-24 for your rights, so I don't think you owe me. ;) I don't mean to isolate you "foreigners", but you don't have any relevance to what this post is about.
   Some Americans with abundant resources should step up and help me get off the ground, where I actually sleep. It's the right thing to do. If some foreign folks want to help me out, great, but your lifestyle was not made possible by the great sacrifice my Dad, and so many others made. Americans, particularly "accredited investor" types, I hope might feel a sense of responsibility... seeing as how their wealth is only possible to have as a result of sacrifices like my Dad made.
   My Dad, Robert Harold Rydstedt, sought service connected disability since before I was born. He got it in 2005 with the help of Veterans Administration intercession by Missouri Governor Roy Blunt, and a hard working independent VA watchdog. Did he get a retroactive check to make up for the 40 year battle with the VA? Nope, he got a $70 increase in a couple checks before he died.  The most difficult thing I ever had to do was explain to him that the entire concept of "retroactive compensation" was abolished in the 80's and his 40 year wait meant nothing. My little gofundme link at the bottom of this post is my way of passing the hat to try and make the most of my unusual life.
   I am more a product of America than anything else. Both my strengths, and weaknesses are a product of "American experience"... and I have a great deal of it. I'm going to share some of that in this post.
   I was born in Springfield  Missouri in 1968, so I'm 47 as I write this at the end of 2015. I lived with my (unwed) parents in Missouri until I was 5(ish), and then we moved to Boulder Colorado. My Dad found a house, and the three of us lived together for a short time. Dad could not get the "G.I. bill" to buy the house being disabled, but non-service connected. Mom took off shortly, having had problems with Dad... so I stayed with him.
   We traveled extensively, and I saw a majority of the country before I was 10. I was enrolled in many schools. Over my "educational career" I went to 11+ schools in Boulder alone. I also went to others in Springfield, Florence South Carolina, Muskegon Michigan, & in Virginia Beach Virginia.
   My father had shattered his hip (before I was born) falling from a ladder. He was painting a sign for a gas station, the owner of which backed his car into the ladder. Dad had to have a steel pin in his leg, and ever since needed to be in a warm climate... thus all the travel. The station went bankrupt to avoid having to compensate my Dad.
   At age 10 it was clear I was on a "bad path", and to give me some stability my Dad arraigned that I have a guardian. The guardian was a retired division chief from the National Bureau of Standards, which is now "NIST"... The National Institute of Standards Technology. Between the ages of 10-13 I lived with him, and learned how to use all the tools in his top-notch home production shop. This was the first appearance of discipline in my life. Not like "you're grounded" discipline, that I had plenty of. Shop discipline. Such as... use eye protection, & ear protection, perform a pre-use safety check, & a post-use maintenance check. No "fooling around" in the shop, draft a plan, get the materials, then work. Of course, all tools had to go back where they came from.
   Morally I did not have many redeeming characteristics at this point in life. I was rebellious, vindictive, mean, dishonest, and manipulative. That guardian likely saved my life.
   To say I was a trouble maker would be an understatement, I was an unholy terror... as a young child. As a teen and adolescent, I also had some trouble "conforming" to "societal norms". To this day some would consider many of my views "radical", but not in a "harm myself and others" kind of way. I just wish that individuality, and the marvellous blossoming that it nurtures would be more accepted by society. Such is life.
   When you are a "special snowflake", as some have called me (with contempt) in this thread, it's a tough road. My unusual name means I'm always explaining it, I always "stick out"... I'm never "just another joe". I'll always have to cope with society's inability to embrace individuality. It may be a "boy named Sue"' kind of thing at this point, but just imagine what your life would be like as a "unique persona". As a result of this circumstance I have a different world view... to be sure.
   I was also the victim of a wide range of abuse growing up. So much so in fact that there is a "career social service worker" that got into that line of work to keep children from living through the type of trauma I endured. I don't spend my day on the "pity pot", much of the aforementioned trauma built in me a strong character.
   At age 13 the guardian died unexpectedly, and I was back with Dad. Shortly thereafter was a brief stay in a Boulder cooperative of which my Mom was a member. Then I was back with Dad again, dragged actually kicking and screaming from the co-op. I had hidden in a cupboard to avoid going back with Dad. That was an interesting time of my life, with it's own peaks and valleys.
   Dad and I went back on the road nationally, and my "malcontent" behavior continued. Circumstances occurred that put us back in Boulder, and then more circumstances that separated us again... leading me to 2 more sets of guardians. The first of which went to prison (long story), the second of which dropped me off at a group home at age 16. I had signed a contract with them ostensibly stating "if I failed algebra"... I'd move out. I did not pass, and have been on my own ever since.
   More than 30 years down the road from that day... I'm alive, have all my rights with no violent or serious (ie. felonious) criminal history. It is miraculous. I hope to use this diverse set of experiences for more than just gaining "personal wealth". As it stands to go back and pay every old bill, broken agreement, or heartfelt financial responsibility I'll need a six figure windfall. Since insight is a derivative of experience, I'll find a way... just watch.
   By 1991 I was three years sober, a NASD licensed broker (63 & 22) driving a Porsche, and hiring a maid to clean my pad. Although through sobriety I had become basically honest and much less rebellious, I had learned to "close" (read "psychologically manipulate") people into FedXing me their hard earned dough for risky speculative ventures. I made money, the investors did not. The NASD's "sausage factory" of capitalism is as unsightly as it is necessary. Sure, I could use my many years of sales experience to manipulate people into buying some more pre-garbage, but I'd rather ask for help to flourish as a real artist... with an art studio. It would be easy for me to be a bs artist, or a con-artist... but I hope for better.

To be continued...
maybe.

Shaz Rydstedt
on
Linkedin
&
Facebook

Twitter @amshaz
Instagram usashaz
Telegram @amshaz
www.shaz.us

If you would like to help me get off the ground, actually... go to my fundraiser:
https://www.gofundme.com/amshaz

Thanks.

MF,

May 2016 be a most excellent year for you.

Cam

Shaz

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on December 30, 2015, 07:58:07 PM
maybe.
Maybe not!
Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 30, 2015, 08:15:26 PM
MF,

May 2016 be a most excellent year for you.

Cam
Thanks Cam, likewise & keep being you.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on December 30, 2015, 07:58:07 PM
   Greetings Bellgab'rs, I'd like to reintroduce myself. My name is Shaz Rydstedt, pronounced like "Shaw's Ride-sted". Art Bell has known that, although not the rest of this, since the day he got his 5 free fidgets in 1997...
Thanks.
Thanks for sharing, keep coming back :)

maureen

You have some good karma going if you give fidgets as presents on your birthday!! wishing you all the best!

Shaz

My last sculpture of 2015,
"holy money"

Shaz

Shaz

Today I made all these fidgets!
It was 10 straight hours of chaincraft.

Shaz

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 11:05:42 PM
Cool Shaz
Here is what Google's deep dream did with one of those pics:

Shaz

Back in the 90's on the night of hurricane "Bonnie", I used captive ringing to get my friend Theo (a fiddle pro) on the air with Art. For a while the call was on Art's website. Theo played live, and Art made the "devil went down to Georgia" parallel. It was a good call.

albrecht

Quote from: Shaz on January 16, 2016, 12:36:41 AM
   Back in the 90's on the night of hurricane "Bonnie", I used captive ringing to get my friend Theo (a fiddle pro) on the air with Art. For a while the call was on Art's website. Theo played live, and Art made the "devil went down to Georgia" parallel. It was a good call.
I still would like an explanation of "captive ringing" and the secret of how you could get into Art anytime you wished.
ps: that google dream image you posted is going to give me nightmares. That is a weird project and doesn't portend well for AI if THAT is how skynet will see the world!
pps: keep on fidgeting!

Shaz

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2016, 04:12:20 PM
I still would like an explanation of "captive ringing" and the secret of how you could get into Art anytime you wished.
ps: that google dream image you posted is going to give me nightmares. That is a weird project and doesn't portend well for AI if THAT is how skynet will see the world!
pps: keep on fidgeting!
I discovered (through trial & error) in the mid-90's that when you "got the ring" while calling Art's number, the phone would ring two minutes and three seconds. I also checked how fast the phone system would "hand-off" the ring from one call to the next, it was close to instantly. I figured out the broadcast delay, and listened for Art's "clearing the line" as he would hang up on a caller, set my timer... and would be dialing in with two lines (nearly) symaltainiously right at the 2 min 3 second "sweet spot" when the line would be open... as long as Art had not gone to that line again, thus resetting the clock.
   There are a bunch of variables, and it was as much guesswork as luck/skill... until I "got" the ring. At that point I could keep it easily be calling on a second line (before 2 min 3 sec) at the exact moment I hung up... thus "capturing" the ring.

Jackstar

btw mang, happy birthday last year! I remembered you, but you and I weren't around... ;)