• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Are there any Remote Viewers who aren't full of shit?

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:37:38 PM

sillydog

I enjoyed the hell out of the Ingo Swan interview a few years ago, but Dr. Doom and many of his coleauges are impressively deluded huckseters, IMHO.  However, the idea that this could be a real thing keeps nagging me.  Is there anyone out there who is actually doing some real RV work? 

MV/Liberace!

i agree there probably is something behind remote viewing, but thus far i'm not particularly impressed, especially where ed dames is involved.  see the following:  http://www.ufowatchdog.com/rvdames.html

I remember when Art Bell talked about a computer program he used that tested telekinetic ability over a period of time by your ability to cause a certain picture to coalesce or not.  Art said when he concentrated on the program as instructed, his score did seem to go higher.  For some crazy reason, Dames "remote viewed" the program and told Art the program was sensing the presence of the viewer by detecting the electrical signal of their heart!  When the program detected the heartbeat, the program inserted higher activity scores to make you "think" you had telekinetic abilities, that it was a deceptive program.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle stealth black.

(shaking head)   

I located a copy of the program and as far as I can tell, it functions as a random image/number generator and is not deceptive.

It would indeed be amazing if a piece of software could detect a human heartbeat without adding any new sensors/hardware to the computer! Idiot! I can't stand Dames.  When Dames is a guest with Noory sucking/hosting, it's like getting knocked in the head with a tube-sock full of D batteries.

Noory should grow a pair and take Dames to the mat like he somewhat did with Sylvia Browne, who also causes me to projectile vomit. 

The manner in which Dames handled the missing pilot Steve Fossett was ludicrous, Dames initially claiming "his team" was going to "put boots on the ground" and find the plane wreck - only later to change his tune, claiming he had provided the coordinates to those in charge of the search.

I believe a wild talent does exist, call it intuition, clairvoyance, ESP, remote viewing ... or the X- Factor as Colin Wilson once labeled it.

However, whatever "it" is, Dames doesn't possess it and he sure as blazes isn't qualified to teach it.

ArtBellFan

I believe remote viewing is very real, why would the government use it for 18 plus years if it weren't, they are probably still using it today, buried in black opts somewhere.  There are very creditable RV's out there like Ingo Swan and Hal Putoff......

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 07, 2008, 08:00:21 PM
only later to change his tune, claiming he had provided the coordinates to those in charge of the search.
remember when dames promised to bring art some gold bricks, directly to his front door in pahrump?  then he failed to find it, and i can't remember exactly how he weaseled out of that one.  either he said his team became aware of something of greater importance they had to focus their efforts on... or he said he put the coordinates on the internet for people to go find (waste their time on) it (nothing).  or maybe it was a combination of both.  i can't really remember.that guy is a piece of work.  and his hair makes me want to harm an animal.

oh, and the amelia earhart wreckage... remember that one?  kinda went onto the back burner.  wonder why.
remember the probe on the back of the hale-bopp comet that was going to come down to earth and disintegrate in the atmosphere, releasing a spore or something that would ravage virtually all plant life on the planet?  umm...  yeah.
that would be a good way to continue this topic, actually... to list all of dames' missed predictions... of which there are too many to remember.  to be fair, you could also list his "hits"... if there are any.  i heard art say he predicted TWA-800... but i want proof of that.

Ed Dames.  What can you say about Ed Dames?

I absolutely love shows with Ed Dames.  I don't know if you guys understand or perceive what you are hearing when Dr. Doom speaks, but I think you guys are all missing something very special indeed.  Do the names J.R.R Tolkien, Robert E. Howard, and even J.K. Rowling mean anything to you? If they do, then here's my challenge to you - Add the name of Ed Dames to that list, because he definetly has to be one of the most prominent yet overlooked creators of, and in, the fantasy genre, in modern times.  Have you never sat back and just yearned to hear that he had recently RV'd the Seven Dwarves, only to find out that there were 8, and that Doc was really a ET sent to guide Dwarven evolution. You know you have!

When Ed Dames starts to speak, you know that 99% percent(And that's almost 100% folks!) of what he's gonna say is going to be truly groundbreaking because it never actually happened in reality. His interviews are the zenith for anyone who decides to accept that familiar dare,  "Wanna Take A Ride?". Because it's a ride, like a haunted-house. Full of cheap special effects and smoke & mirrors, and when it's over, it has almost no consequence on your life whatsoever.

Seriously speaking, one of the saddest moments of C2C for me was the show where Art organized it so that Dames would call in and explain what he does to Malachi Martin, who had called remote viewing "TNT for the Soul".  When I heard the crap Ed Dames was describing to Dr. Martin, I was howling , and sad, at the same time.  And I felt a little dirty because Art was indirectly fostering this scenario, and I wished Martin had of went "Gloves Off" mode on Dames and laid a spiritual smackdown.  Now I don't know how great or how phony of a person Malachi Martin is, because I haven't heard that many of his interviews with Art, but I would regard him as a Gold Standard guest, along with Michio Kaku, and those of that ilk.  I don't agree with everything Malachi Martin stands for, but I think he is intelligent, world-wise, and genuine.  Dames on the other hand is what I would call a Lead Standard guest - not in terms of entertainment, but of actual substance.  And to see these guys bantering back and forth and Dames telling Dr. Martin about RV'ing Satan or a dark-side spirit made me feel so....grody.*"Einhorn is Finkle.....Finkle is Einhorn!.....Einhorn is a MAN!?!..."*"Crying Game" start to play**  .........And offering to help RV exorcism cases for Martin, Puh-leeeez bitch! Dr. Martin, wherever you are now, I know one thing, and that is that you are a greater Christian than I my friend. I often wonder if he was really laughing at Dames off-air and just playing it up for Art's and the audiences sake.  The sad thing is, I actually don't mind hearing Dames talk about things that aren't related to RV because he IS a smart and learned yet shyster-esque fellow.

Sorry for the wall everyone. Getting back on track, I do feel that Ingo Swan is a lot more credible example of a RV'er.  I've never heard of Hal Putoff, unless he was the guy who maybe worked with Dames.  I remember there was one show with a guy who was in the Military RV program, and it wasn't Dames, and he sounded alot less full of BS then Dames does.

Something in Dame's voice just doesn't resonate. I don't keep track of his predictions, but just judging by his voice, he's a goofball. And why does he go by 'Major' Ed Dames? Is that supposed to give him credibility? Is there some other Ed Dames we'd confuse him with if they didn't say he was Major Ed Dames?

I haven't heard Swan; I'll have to keep an ear out for him. I know she's not a remote viewer, but I do like Evelelyn Paglini.

EvB

Quote from: admin on April 07, 2008, 08:01:40 AM
i agree there probably is something behind remote viewing, but thus far i'm not particularly impressed, especially where ed dames is involved.  see the following:  http://www.ufowatchdog.com/rvdames.html

That prank story is too much!  HOW could Dames not know they were having him on?

Their impressions all seemed to involve some kind of unusual aerial vehicle. It had a large payload - box-like objects of various sizes - and the colors red and white featured prominently. The pilot was obese, and the vehicle seemed to be open-topped, with sled-like runners underneath. It was going to come across the northern U.S. border sometime a few weeks in the future. It was going to come down over Canada, down from the Arctic pole.[/i]

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!  How OBVIOUS can it be?