"Christian von Lahr, Msc.D." and Michael Jackson

Started by kaleidoscope, June 28, 2009, 09:38:40 AM

Who would win a psychic battle?

Dr. Christian von Lahr
CoastGhost
EvB
.. such a detour is life itself.  You should have gotten an A+

EvB

Can a person have a soul of an insect?  (Ref to Jason the Horse)

QuoteSmokey,
Do insects have souls?

A Soul is a "body," similar to our physical body, but only in that it houses something; our consciousness.  Technically the Soul is a reflection of the "Spirit", it is actually [created] by our true Spirit, and together they function to collect the wisdom of the experience of existence.  This union is called the "Higher Self" at this point.  Once we receive our very first experience of life, which would have been quite some time ago, and subsequently passed away, and had [something] worthwhile that came out of existence that is an actual "truth," this is passed up to the Higher Self where it acts as a depository and resource from which we can define our next life.  It is in itself a level of consciousness, (in fact, it is our consciousness for all time thus far, [except] this present life) so we can connect with it for wisdom; some prefer to consider [this] our God.

The Soul, again was the "housing," that which contains, a [body.]

ALL things have a soul, however, all things DO NOT have an individualized soul.  Human kind is very self aware and this is as at a state of consciousness we can term "Aware."  Individuals have individual Souls.

Insests have a [group soul] so the experience of ALL insects of a very specific type feeds the continuence of the group soul.  This will cause them to reincarnate quite often, and their lives will usually be short.  It will take a great deal to eventually acheive individualizaton.  Before that point the soul will split into multiple higher levels of soul which represent a higher form of life.  At that point, the insect reincarnates as a higher life form; perhaps a butterfly.  Eventually it works through other plant and or animal kingdoms, but still remains a specialized [group soul].

Consciousness has to work through all the strata then all the kingdoms, and THEN reaches the point of exaultedness that we call human individualization.  The mistake we might make, though, is thinking there is not something already further along than we.  ALL things END, so they can be the BEGINNING of something NEW.  Lives moves -- action -- progress, ... it climbs an INFINITE number of cycles; as said, these never end.  At the moment we are working up through dimensions of this consciousness we call Mankind, and we still have a number of rungs that still represent man, simply less physically.  When we no longer are suited for this Universe, we might then function either in some guiding, angelic, universal influence, or move on to another Universe.  Scinece (which to me is really merely an historian, nothing more) already acknowledges that we have to allow for Diminsions to make sense of our own Universe.  And, further still, the Universe should't be so intelligently layed our and perfect in construction unless there are multiple ones and there is some Grand [Divine] Design that we cannot grasp as yet.

Hope this doesn't bug you.  LOL
christian

QuoteEvB
Can a person have a soul of an insect?  (Ref to Jason the Horse)

IMPOSSIBLE!!!  The spiritual intelligence is based on a "truth" one that transcends all time without changing; this is why it LEADS science, and science follows (historian).  Since truth is truth, things work [consistently] by spiritual law.  Since there are laws, there is a specific process that [must] ensue, the varience is [time] which is what we experience.  Time is irrelivent in the concept of spiritual laws except at the very large extremee.  For example, there are laws that govern the Universe, and this is why IT is the only TRUE clock.  This too, is why there is a spiritual meaning behind 2012, ... THIS ONE TIME something spiritualy significantly [must] happen; something(s) that are foretold by the ancients because the patterns are known to a few, and the change in this case will induce a physical/energetic change in the way we are affected by our Milky Way Galaxy.  This in turn FORCES us to change, and part of that change will be an alteration of consciousness whether we like it or not.  This is some of the stuff of my new 2012|Drakon book mentioned earlier.  So, whether we like it or not, WE MUST move on, we get lots and lots of time to play around, learn, have fun, take diversions, find all the wrong paths first, ... but eventually, the gears of the Universal clock must turn, and another spiritual tick is registered.  All in our particular sphere of influence will be affected, except those who reject the newly innate feelings;  These are what spirituality refers to as Lost Souls (just to keep things on topic with above post.)  Lost Souls eventually phase out as the consciousness of both man and the world around them progress.  PROGRESS is a requirement of the Divine Plan.  It's like going to school; eventually you are expected to take your Final Exam.  You pass, or you don't.

Most of what I say pertains specifically to Man, but it is relative.  So, even an insect, plant and rock must relatively progress.  Having a soul of a lesser constitution would NOT be progress, and is therefore impossible.  Life cannot go backwards, it can only retard and dissipate ... to be picked up the next round of the Universe (which would be a very, very long time away.  All of our friends will have grown up and moved away by then --- so to speak.)

Consider also, that the constitution of an insect, which is "group" has absolutely NO FACILITIES to support the higher consciousness of a Man.   Could a Thimble hold the flow and volume of the Hoover Dam?

Good questions.  Glad I could share a bit of this Ancient Wisdom which is the spiritual stuff that helps us make sense of existence of all things.  A very tought field, many decades of work and thought are required to pursue it, but there are TIMES LIKE THIS, when being able to share a tid-bit just might help answer the question(s) of a fellow traveler.

Christian

EvB

Okay Christan - you got me. 

So now I have to ask about the two animals that have evolved to be codependent with humans (in the companion sense - not the negative psychological sense) to the point that they have INBORN capacity to read human gestures and emotional expression.  One will not surprise you at all - the other may.

So far -- evolutionary archaeologists have determined that the DOG (we all knew that one right?) and the GOAT ( that was the one that I was pleasantly surprised by) fall into this category. Dogs - or rather specific wolves - seem to have chosen to live in close proximity to human encampments and the pups raised by both these inherently less fearful wolves - having been raised by both human and canine
"parents" evolved into the dog -- at least - that is one theory.

As an apartment dweller - I have little personal investment in goats.  But dogs are another matter. Some research I have read suggests that dogs - who have (the term is disputed but not the actually events so much) co-developed with humans.  Only very SPECIFIC canine lineage qualifies however.  The current (or the most current I am aware of) DNA testing says that 90% of all companion dogs in the world share the same mitochondrial DNA with only THREE wolves.

Humans closest relative (chimps) and dog's closest relative (wolfs) DO NOT have this innate ability - though they can be trained. That says something special - IMO about the human/canine relationship.

I'm fond of cats - and have had a few - in fact have on now.  but it's not the same kind of interrelationship.

Here is a very short piece I did on the subject of dogs and humans a few years ago.
I'd like to know what you think about relationships beyond this life between humans and their "fur family" members.

Smoky

Quote from: Dr.ChristianvonLahr on July 16, 2009, 09:30:18 PM
A Soul is a "body," similar to our physical body, but only in that it houses something; our consciousness.  Technically the Soul is a reflection of the "Spirit", it is actually [created] by our true Spirit, and together they function to collect the wisdom of the experience of existence.  This union is called the "Higher Self" at this point.  Once we receive our very first experience of life, which would have been quite some time ago, and subsequently passed away, and had [something] worthwhile that came out of existence that is an actual "truth," this is passed up to the Higher Self where it acts as a depository and resource from which we can define our next life.  It is in itself a level of consciousness, (in fact, it is our consciousness for all time thus far, [except] this present life) so we can connect with it for wisdom; some prefer to consider [this] our God.

The Soul, again was the "housing," that which contains, a [body.]

ALL things have a soul, however, all things DO NOT have an individualized soul.  Human kind is very self aware and this is as at a state of consciousness we can term "Aware."  Individuals have individual Souls.

Insests have a [group soul] so the experience of ALL insects of a very specific type feeds the continuence of the group soul.  This will cause them to reincarnate quite often, and their lives will usually be short.  It will take a great deal to eventually acheive individualizaton.  Before that point the soul will split into multiple higher levels of soul which represent a higher form of life.  At that point, the insect reincarnates as a higher life form; perhaps a butterfly.  Eventually it works through other plant and or animal kingdoms, but still remains a specialized [group soul].

Consciousness has to work through all the strata then all the kingdoms, and THEN reaches the point of exaultedness that we call human individualization.  The mistake we might make, though, is thinking there is not something already further along than we.  ALL things END, so they can be the BEGINNING of something NEW.  Lives moves -- action -- progress, ... it climbs an INFINITE number of cycles; as said, these never end.  At the moment we are working up through dimensions of this consciousness we call Mankind, and we still have a number of rungs that still represent man, simply less physically.  When we no longer are suited for this Universe, we might then function either in some guiding, angelic, universal influence, or move on to another Universe.  Scinece (which to me is really merely an historian, nothing more) already acknowledges that we have to allow for Diminsions to make sense of our own Universe.  And, further still, the Universe should't be so intelligently layed our and perfect in construction unless there are multiple ones and there is some Grand [Divine] Design that we cannot grasp as yet.

Hope this doesn't bug you.  LOL
christian

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. I will say I have met some aliens that exhibited insect like behavior..so perhaps very spiritually evolved species may have a group soul. Also, my cat..who is my avatar, is the most spiritually advanced and evolved creature I have ever met on this plane of existence.

Supernormal

Hi, Christian. It's nice to see that you're still here. Is there any truth to the theory that the legends and stories of wee folk (elves, fairies, goblins, etc.) might be based on tiny humans who inhabited certain regions before they were conquered by larger humans? I read that was the case during the prehistoric era of the British Isles.

Hey Ev,  I got'cha huh.

QuoteI'd like to know what you think about relationships beyond this life between humans and their "fur family" members.

I would be happy to read your article and return with any commentary I might have that serves your interests re: our mutual relationships.  Give me a bit to digest and pre-sense where you may be coming from overalll as my instinctual basic ancient-wisdom based answer may not be sufficient, as it probably would directly relate to the Soul topic that preceded this.  Be back.....

QuoteSmokey,
Thank you for your thoughtful answer. I will say I have met some aliens that exhibited insect like behavior..so perhaps very spiritually evolved species may have a group soul. Also, my cat..who is my avatar, is the most spiritually advanced and evolved creature I have ever met on this plane of existence.

You are quite welcome, Smokey, I'm sure. 

Insect like behavior does not in and of itself argue for or against individualized soul.  Although, given two key indicators we are aware of (I speak to the thousands of years of spiritual/philosophical reference and experimentation, not any [particular] current human encounter), aliens that humans [could] connect with (that which we would have consciousness awareness of) are almost certainly individualized, have souls and [by necessity] must be more advanced than we in those regards.

Why advanced?  Because we are only able to sense them through "Mental Plane Consciousness" (which IS NOT the brain, itself).  This is a much higher state than we are in, and is analogous to that level we seek when we meditate.  Alien connection is via the "cosmic super highway," a modern euphamism for the very central level of the Mental Plane.  Since that precise middle region of the Mental Plane (also note, the lower part of the Mental Plane is considered the place of Heavens in religions), is both higher than Heaven (to religious man) and higher than the basic spiritual constitution (in other words, our normal state) they represent a higher consciousness relative to us.  Presumably, if we meet them in some real-world manner, they should come across superior in intellect and awareness.

This does not indicate that [ALL] alien life in the universe is more advanced to us in physical, mental or spiritual characteristic; certainly not, I speak only to those we tend to reach out to, connect with, or that otherwise make themselves visible through the human aura.  These should - generally/logically speaking - be the only ones that would have a presence and visibility to our physical world senses, regardless, ?[IF] they are not within our physical proximity (co-existent with us now.)

Life in the Universe is relative, some more advanced in all characteristics --- and to the other extreme, some far beneath us on the evolutionary ladder.  In this latter case, though, we speak to alien [life,] and not necessary "aliens" which we would logically consider huminoid-ish or like mankind in consciousness (due the context used to express them.)
[IF] the alien class is comparable to what we consider ?human consciousness,? or ?human? or ?man? then they would be individualized, and have a soul; [regardless] of whether the exhibit insect-like characteristics of the [physical] kind.  If you mean insect-like as to their nature, this would be UNLIKELY.  In that latter case, they would still be group-souled insects of their world, regardless their physical characteristics.  Humankind is distinguished by its [awareness] and self-consciousness; aliens with those characteristics would similarly be individual souled.  There are many alien views, so it helps to bear in mind that there is a WHOLE lot of difference between ?mind? and ?consciousness,? and that should suffice to cover the various science-fiction type questions that might ensue.
There ARE going to be mineral, plant, animal kingdoms [everywhere], as these are actually representations of states of consciousness, and not variations of matter and life as the real-world perceives.  Therefore, insects in other worlds are similar to those here in what they are relative to the man-like consciousness of their world.  And insect [would not] be self aware, and have an individualized consciousness. 

That said, it should be close to impossible for any human on this Earth to be aware of insect life on another world.  If, however, the perception is of other-worldly insects is actually of them in another [dimension], then that is a different thing; they are still related to our world.  The Astral Plane, for example has many other classes of life beyond our own (which visits at night when we dream, and resides there when we pass-over); although, our consciousness-level plays out over there too and we will only naturally perceive that which we have some infinity with (ALLOWING that some people have greater ability to ?sense? and therefore perceive, such being exceptions acceptable because it is actually just a reflection on their own evolutionary state).  Our mind will [always] try to rationalize.  Therefore, many things we cannot yet understand in another [dimension] might be processed by our sub-conscious mind as something [already] in our databanks, like insects, and represented to us that way.  Otherwise, we would be in a constant state of fear.  It works this way with animals, too (surprise.)

NOW, and LASTLY (sorry to be long winded) when we perceive alien life, it is often somewhat aetheric.  I am referring specifically to influence, consciousness or people NOT RIGHT HERE in the physical.  When we see their energy within the aura of a person they are associated with, [their] energy has a characteristic angular pattern (where a humans is a series of rounded-ness.  This angle causes the immediate sensation of tall, harsh-angled wings, giving our senses the perception of insect characteristic.  Again, I remind, it is our sub-conscious mind that [re-presents] the information to us (just like normal psychism) so it makes sense, whereby the sub-conscious mind will subsequently deliver the influence to either the physical senses, ears or eyes (or a combination).  That we receive what we consider a sane perception (since it comes across eventually to one of our senses in a form we can accept.)

I think that probably covered all the bases.

christian

QuoteSupernormal,
Hi, Christian. It's nice to see that you're still here. Is there any truth to the theory that the legends and stories of wee folk (elves, fairies, goblins, etc.) might be based on tiny humans who inhabited certain regions before they were conquered by larger humans? I read that was the case during the prehistoric era of the British Isles.

no truth at all (but there may be a basis.)

I am not sure whether you've read my four books on nature spirits or nature people, but if so I must not have made the point clear enough.  Nature spirits (or people if they are moving >>>toward individualization are a [NATURAL] part of this world.  They play a quintessential part to existence, and in face we would NOT exist with out them, and without the efforts they put forth in the past to make the world hospitable for our form.

FORM is the keyword.  ALL of the ancients, and I do mean all of them, considered and defined nature spirits as "builders of form."  When the world was a premordial condition, RIGHT THEN the first class of nature spirit  went to work; they (salamanders started creating particles, atoms, molecules out of the plasmatic state of things.  Now, you have to understand that ALL nature spirit ARE NOT humistic.  And, still they are not.  Yet, they are of spirit, because [all] things have this basic essence of existence.  Like building blocks, the minerals are built.  Then nature spirits of a different class bring about the first makings of trees, and plant life.  ALL things have an aetheric component to them, and it is at [that] level that nature spirits work.  Eventually, they take on a humanistic look (some of them) because EVERYTHING in the universe is following the mold, model that we think (arrogantly) as being human.  Actually, we are simply doing the same things.

So, whether there were little people of the physical world or not, there IS NOT RELATIONSHIP to Nature Spirits or Nature People (Elves, Faeries, Leprechauns, Gnomes, etc, etc) because these [have not] evolved to a state of individualized consciousness and [solid enough] form that we can have effect on them.  In now way could we go to war with them, or fight them.

There are aspects of your story that ring true.  Nature spirits DID exist at different realms or regions, AND STILL DO.  So, if this story follows the way of almost all human myth, and philosophy, it is a metaphore.  Man did not DESTROY the nature spirit, he simply evolved past them, and if anything at all, destroyed that non-individualized nature within him.  Seems convoluted though.

More likely, the little people of your story refers to other and older classes (races and sub-races) of man himself.  There is an enormous divide between us now, and nature spirits/people, regardless that we can communicate with them.  Most myth or older legends are actually referring to the changing state of Man.

Thanks,
christian

EvB

QuoteI would be happy to read your article and return with any commentary I might have that serves your interests re: our mutual relationships.  Give me a bit to digest and pre-sense where you may be coming from overalll as my instinctual basic ancient-wisdom based answer may not be sufficient, as it probably would directly relate to the Soul topic that preceded this.  Be back.....

Well, Actually - it is soul I'm concerned with. You spoke of species, soul, and individuation. So the short question is:  Does that apply to our dogs?

EvB

Quoteso perhaps very spiritually evolved species may have a group soul.

Or, maybe it's simply that these beings you encountered have a group soul - which may, or may not, have a direct impact on their spiritual evolution. 

Only a thought.  I've never met anyone or anything I thought was "extraterrestrial" so this is "just suppose."

Evb,

Dogs and certain other higher mammels are reaching the state of individualization, but they have not yet fully realized this, OR ELSE, they are [just] realizing this change.  Until that time, since they are progressing in that way, the soul group of which they represent keeps dividing and becoming more specialized until they reache the point of two entities only, and only represented by one group soul.  At their next incarnation, they would begin life as the two [separate] but individual lowests form of human life, and begin that unfathomably long journey up the ladder.

Supernormal,

Nature Spirits would certainly have existed in the prehistoric period, and earlier still.  They would have been the [first] of everything; however, fully-dense physical life forms at those stages would NOT be able to perceive them.  They were then, and ARE STILL aetheric.  Humans can now, especially since the middle ages, and animals as well can sense them, but our sub-consious mind does its typical "blocking" of anything it detects that is not typically perceived.  We  will, [instead] get physical SYMPTOMS of something around us.

Christian

Marc.Knight

Quote from: PW on July 14, 2009, 12:59:20 AM
"However, the way we understand it is INDIVIDUAL, and what has alienated religions and people for millennia."

Yes, what you speak of is the unknown known.  That which is, and at the same time is not.  Knowledge by definition is imperfect, as it is limited by its own capacity to comprehend the sensible universe, and by abstraction, dream of the spiritual plane.  The Known is intrinsic to the Eternal, as to know creates Being.  Whereas, those seeking knowledge must embrace humbling anguish, as well as delight.

Marc.Knight

Dr., was my previous post close to what you meant?  Thank you.  PW

Supernormal

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Christian. I think that you might have misunderstood what I said. I was referring to some articles that I read on and off the internet. They claimed that some mythology is based on reality. For instance, some British and Irish legends of the wee folk were based on the original inhabitants of the Isles. These people were much smaller, and they hid in places, that we now think of as lairs of the wee folk, when much larger people came from continental Europe. The newcomers misidentified the strange (to them) aboriginal groups as magical, mystical entities, the genesis of various folk tales. I'm not discounting your interpretation of entities who live in another realm BTW. 

Quote from: Supernormal on July 18, 2009, 12:03:44 AM

... some British and Irish legends of the wee folk were based on the original inhabitants of the Isles. These people were much smaller, and they hid in places, that we now think of as lairs of the wee folk, when much larger people came from continental Europe. The newcomers misidentified the strange (to them) aboriginal groups as magical, mystical entities, the genesis of various folk tales. I'm not discounting your interpretation of entities that live in another realm BTW.

Supernormal.
Mythology [IS] based on mythology, or perhaps to be very precise "myth."  Myth is not an untruth, simply an unknown.  Older peoples told stories, recited songs and poems as they were educated in ways to record, nor could they read.  Regardless, most of the world was relatively ignorant (unknowing) of facts, information and beliefs of other, remote places.  These Myths, mythology, is often if not always allegorical, and heavily peppered with metaphor.  Still, if one digs they will find that [actual] history and facts are embedded in the old forms of record preservation.

There was confusion, however, as there were indeed [small peoples] in addition to aetheric people, again small.  Europeans were more psychic back then (as was the world) so such things were more easily perceived than today.  As well, there were actual accounts of smaller physical-world peoples and these have gotten intermixed.

Are you aware of the recent Indonesia discovery, it may be the source of the information you have heard:
There have been several finds which may in the future change the picture we currently have about the origins of life, and migration out of Africa, such as the recent find of remains believed by its discoverers to belong to a newly discovered human species ("Homo floresiensis"), after the island they found on (part of Indonesia). They are believed to have grown no larger than a modern three-year-old, and to have survived until about 18,000 years ago. They are popularly referred to as "hobbit people" after Tolkien's fantasy creation. As in most theories, there is controversy regarding the remains.

I speak to this latter inclusion in my newer 2012|Drakon book, as it is essential to show how human kind moved about the world to substantiate my [prior-to-Mayan] calendar and astronomy sources, which justify some rather progressive and controversial views  that the alignment and subsequent effects of 2012 were long-ago predicted, as would be its meaning and subsequent affect on the Earth.

Supernormal

Christian, I recall reading about the Indonesian "hobbit people" last year. I think that there's a debate about whether or not they were a human species. Like you said, they apparently gave rise to much local folklore. The folklore that I mentioned was relegated to the British Isles. I find the local aspect to be quite fascinating. You find leprechauns in Ireland. You find brownies in Scotland, and England and Wales have their versions of fairies and pixies too. My guess is that some of these figures are based on the original inhabitants of the British Isles.

Really good, PW. 

>>>>Yes, what you speak of is the unknown known.  That which is, and at the same time is not.  Knowledge by definition is imperfect, as it is limited by its own capacity to comprehend the sensible universe, and by abstraction, dream of the spiritual plane. 
The world [dream] has a technical meaning of far less value than the heightened perceptiveness of the preface.  Perhaps, use ?perception,? instead of dream then you retain the accuracy, universally.  You might pluralize Plane, too.

>>>>The Known is intrinsic to the Eternal, as to know creates Being.  Whereas, those seeking knowledge must embrace humbling anguish, as well as delight.
As long as you realize that by using terms like ?known?, ?intrinsic? ?eternal? and ?know [creates] [being]? in this collective connotation you have to be speaking to THIS, which would be Man and his physical universe and dimensions.  Presumably, you actually intended the second paragraph?s change of focus to that of Man, (away from the fundamentals of Man?s ego, which serves the Higher Self of the Soul) since the conclusion, which is correct, contains the spiritual moral of accepting the duality of existence.

PS:  (philosophical point to consider)  Knowledge is imperfect, true.  That it is so by definition gives a lot of credit to the reader, they may or may not be aware that knowledge is a pursuit of the ego, so that the [being] develops a ?knowingness? in order to progress in a straight-line (any) because it has a developed [belief] system, and not just faith to guide it.

I couldn?t? quite what wasn?t working yesterday, but today it?s clearer.  Simply change the word dream, and pluralize plane to Planes.  Then break up your passage into TWO, and it comes our perfect at all levels/universally; I should think.

You?ve put together a rather concise paraphrase, which I am sure others would agree resulted in a good job.  It distinguishes man?s knowingness from the Divine?s (the Absoluteness?), yet suggests a relationship, that path being via the Ego to the HigherSelf/Soul.

Dr. Christian von Lahr

Quote from: Supernormal on July 18, 2009, 12:58:56 AM
Christian, ... The folklore that I mentioned was relegated to the British Isles. I find the local aspect to be quite fascinating. You find leprechauns in Ireland. You find brownies in Scotland, and England and Wales have their versions of fairies and pixies too. My guess is that some of these figures are based on the original inhabitants of the British Isles.

Supernormal, I wonder if you are referring to Varner's publications?  Gary R. Varner is a lecturer and writer on folklore and early religions. He is author of several popular books comparing legends and beliefs around the world, three published by Algora. His approach incorporates details from ancient cultures and from Native American, UK and European, Asian, South Pacific and African folklore.

Although I am clearly aware of the same information, and their source, I draw a different conclusion in my series of books on the subject.  He prefers not to consider that there is a law or spiritual logic to things, and strings together his conclusions based on material world possibilities alone (which means his conclusions should have been material world, and not spiritual results, such as todays aetheric Nature People.

Most, or many on these forums, those particularly those who subscribe to a rather human-centric perception of the Universe and all that is in it, will probably agree with Varner.  Here is an introduction to one of his works:

QuoteLittle People, Fairies, Giants, Mermaids, Werewolves and Wild Men. Do we simply regard them all as products of the universal unconscious mind ? a mind that stretches between cultures, times and geographic location? On the other hand, do we assign a possibility that they may be based on reality, or at least a reality that co-exists within our own sense of reality?

This question is not a new one by any means. Douglas Hyde, President of the Gaelic League at the turn of the 20th century wrote, ?the problem we have to deal with is a startling one?Are these beings of the spirit world real beings, having a veritable existence of their own, or are they only the creation of the imagination of?informants, and the tradition of bygone centuries??Is not the Mermaid to be found in Greece, and is not the Lorelei as Germanic as the Kelpy is Caledonian. If we grant that all these are creatures of primitive folk-belief, then how they come to be so ceases to be a Celtic problem, it becomes a world problem.?
What we do know is that accounts of ?Little People,? Fairies, Wild Men and giants are common among Native American people as they are among the people of Europe, Africa and Asia. Many of their stories and descriptions are for the most part, identical. Why is this? I am afraid that I do not have an answer to this question (only guesses) and can only provide more related folklore, theories and suppositions for consideration. I hope that by the end of this study you will be able to decide for yourself.

The scope of this work is the folklore and mythology of Native American and the other indigenous people of the world. Part One is concerned primarily with the mystical creatures that are spoken of and written about for thousands of years in most every corner of the world. Part Two is about the spirit beings appearing in animal and insect form that have accompanied spiritual belief and traditions around the world. These spirit beings are universally recognized for many similar reasons. We will compare their accounts with similar tales from other times and places, and explore the commonality of these legends.

christian

Supernormal

Thanks for the info, Christian. I didn't base my comments on Varner's work, but I'm happy that you mentioned him. I enjoy reading about the historical underpinnings of such things as celebrations and folklore. I can't walk past a book, concerning the origins of holidays, and not give in to the temptation of purchasing it.

I should let you know that I'm not one who bases all of reality in the material realm. I believe that there are both benevolent and malevolent beings in a realm that we can't access with our five senses (most of the time). That said, I mean no disrespect, but I don't think that the wee folk are actual spiritual entities. I'm willing to say that I could be wrong, though.

EvB

QuoteDogs and certain other higher mammels are reaching the state of individualization, but they have not yet fully realized this, OR ELSE, they are [just] realizing this change.

Well then, Christian, all I can say is that whenever and wherever I go - I want my dogs with me.  ;:)

CoastGhost

Who, and where are the moderator(s) of this site? It would seem to me that this forum posting violates just about every rule set forth in the terms of agreement that I had to read and agree to prior to joining. The same terms of agreement that were coincidentally re-posted just hours before this member blatantly and carelessly chose to ignore them and post without edit. I would hope this is just an oversight and the opinions set forth are of this member only, and not of the owners of the site, nor its moderators. What is the point of having rules and terms if they are not going to be enforced? Anybody?

So until someone has the right sense of mind to bring this forum down, as the journalist who Mr. von Lahr has decided to harrass, threaten, humiliate and essentially bully because he didn't get his way when he demanded the stories be removed, I will address those things he brought up for debate. After all, since he and his newsletter fan base have been getting a "daily belly-laugh out of the hysterical ramblings of this one self-appointed biographer of [his] Coast to Coast appearance," I would hate to let everyone down after a 10-day hiatus. So fear not, fine faery friends and fans of faeries! Here I come to save the day!

Upon observation of his obsessive ramblings, name calling and insults hurled at me with little or no provocation, you might think he's some kind of misogynist. I don't know about that, but I do know that he's certainly a big fan of faeries. He writes about faeries. He talks about faeries. He has friends who are faeries, and even sees faeries where most people can't, in such queer places as the local drag in Queens (NY) or hiding in the pansies with the Keelber elves. The reason I bring up the faeries is because there is an important point to be made here, which is that you have to be very, very careful because one false move and POOF! Just like Mr. von Lahr, they can become flaming mad and get bent on making things difficult for you, if my name ain't nancy!

But it's useless to debate his personal opinions, since that's really all they are, and a bunch of misquotes, false quotes, and rearranging of copy he illegally posted from private correspondence. I will, however say this much in my defense to whoever is still following this ho-hum thread, that to anyone with critical thinking skills, I think it's pretty obvious that this is just a case of sour grapes. To insinuate that I acted with imprudence or under false pretense is "dubious," meaning "doubtful," like when I used that word in describing the meaning of this site's URL...  George Noory Sucks (NOT-- get it?)

The only reason I questioned his reverendship in the first place (a point of his consternation) is because he started treating me with quite a degree of disrespect in his emails and some of his actions didn't seem very "spiritual." My Rev. Dr. (name withheld for privacy purposes) at the United Methodist Church would NEVER even entertain or post such a negative diatribe against anyone-- even if the person were a convicted felon, or worse! Plenty of adjectives come to mind when I think of Mr. von Lahr, however spiritual just ain't one of 'em.

And if he is ignorant enough to flaunt the law (again) and post the digital audio of my hour-long private session that I had with him --which by the way I was told would be deleted immediately after they sent it to me), I say, have at it! It will be obvious to anyone why he is calling me a cow and accusing me of airbrushing my own photos, when listeners of the audio hear me tearfully sharing how I gained weight due to a debilitating illness which rendered me unable to move for months. So much for confidentiality agreements, laws or protections.

Anyone considering a session with him will forever remember the audio he posted of our private session on July 1st, 2009 (days before the story was even "pitched" to him) and think twice about trusting Myst of the Oracle productions with their private and emotional secrets. Spiritual, huh? Reverend, huh? yeah, right. I no longer need to see a "doctored" or airbrushed document showing me that he's affiliated with some internet-run church. I've learned how someone can become "reverend" without really being a reverend.

That's the real story, not me. I'll be the first to admit that my life isn't that interesting.  But you, Mr. von Lahr-- you sir, are very interesting, and you're a public figure and celebrity, and maybe even a reverend and doctor too. You've got a story to tell, so don't be shy. If you don't want to tell it, I will.

In fact, I look forward to sharing the story I've been busy compiling information for when I post it on the examiner.com. I'm sure forum members will find out that my research has uncovered some very interesting information. So if von Lahr thinks that he has finally silenced this bottom feeder, he needs to know that this cat-fish still has a few more lives left... m'wah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa.... 

So pay no attention to that man behind the curtain and let's get back on topic.. let's see what were you all talking about anyways before you were so rudely interrupted with a story about me and another website? Oh yes. Now I remember, Coast to Coast am!

Who thinks that this new mandatory insurance bill is going to cover alternative medicine? I'll bet that the pineal gland won't even have a billing code attached to it. And as far as prepaid medical cost reimbursements, I heard we'll have to wait until 2012!!

EvB

I'm one mod - there are others (not many) but I gotta tell you Ghost - I'm CONFUSED. 

To whom are you referring?  I assume von Lahr - since he started this thread.  He came in shortly after the Jackson show - and has gotten mixed reactions.  But, a couple of us enjoyed his conversion (which is not the same as saying we believed it all; everyone has their own meter on that.)

But, you say someone accused you of something illegal?  I didn't see that.  Do you mean here?  The staff is small and we don't always get to every post - though we try.  If you have a problem with a specific post here - you can report it thought the moderation panel - the fine print in the bottom right hand corner of each post has a link that says "Report to moderator"  -- and you'll have the chance to say exactly what it is you object to.  You're also welcome to call someone out in reply to their posts. 

You certainly don't have to answer this - but since you brought it up, are you, perhaps, the reporter von Lahr was complaining about?  If so - please DO tell your side of the story.  Hell -tell your side of the story even if you're not.

This is your first post.  And, you're quite right that anything von Lahr had to say is only an opinion.  We don't have fact checkers. Until this moment - I had no idea that you had seen or were bothered by anything that was said.

So  -- what's the deal?  What do you think should happen?  It seems to me that nothing was said that your having the opportunity to refute it wouldn't take care of.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 23, 2009, 08:25:31 PM
It seems to me that nothing was said that your having the opportunity to refute it wouldn't take care of.
1000% correct.

CoastGhost

Trolls, huh? Just who, exactly does everyone on this site call trolls?

Writers? Christian von Lahr is a writer.

Reporters? You might be surprised that before these fine men were ever talk show hosts, they had, and still have a career as a reporter.

George Noory is a reporter.
Ian Punnett is a reporter.
George Knapp is a reporter.
Art Bell is a reporter.

They are also hosts of a radio talk show. But first and foremost at the core of their career is broadcast journalism. Anyone who has taken classes in broadcasting will show you a syllabus chalk full of classes where you do nothing but write, write, write. They don't even offer classes at the university level where you sit in front of microphone and talk, at least when I attended the University of Wisconsin, where I received my degree in broadcast journalism, which is essentially a BA in communications with emphasis on the aforementioned. My last year and a half in college, all I did was turn in news stories and take exams on AP style, editorial content, political issues, some history.

So if you're going to slam reporters, you're slamming the four men who make up the Coast to Coast team. And me too.

It's my responsibility and duty to fact-check and report accurately. With the exception of CVL and his team of "Herget Haters," most of the comments I received from readers felt it was refreshing to see someone write an article that didn't glorify a Coast guest, nor tear them apart but who took a measured approach with some give and take. One person was right on with a comment that it's because of people like him that censor (and self-censor) the media from covering stories like this.

If the writers of esoteric topics don't get ridiculed by the public or their editor, or their peers, well then who's left. Oh yeah, the primadonna paranormal celebrity who is used to controlling the entire show. I thought the reader was being a little melodramatic, but from what I am experiencing with von Lahr and his fan base, I don't think that reader was too far off.

It's unfortunate that Christian got so unnerved with my story, not only because of my situation but for the entire industry at large. He'll probably never talk to a reporter again, at least not in a freestyle fashion like he did with me, because of his perception that I was out to get him. He'll probably start doing what most of the other paranormal hot shots do when they get a call or email from a reporter requesting an interview: While I won't call anyone out by name, here's a sampling of what I've received back thus far when I've requested a phone interview with other new age or paranormal celebrity ?hot shots? who do the circuit:

"Send me a list of questions, and I'll pick a few from the list ? maybe modifying the way it reads  -- hope that's OK :) - Give me a couple of days and I'll send you back some quotes.?

?I have a pre-filled out sheet of questions with answers and quotes you can use. If that is acceptable, I can email that to you by the end of business day."

"Send me what you have so far, and let me read the article first. I'll email you a few quotes but you'll need to sign an agreement that you won't print them unless I can read and approve the entire article first." 

If you've ever heard the term "homogenization of the news" I think that this is pretty close to what they're talking about and why we're all reading the same boring stuff. 

So shame on all of you who joined the bandwagon with the clairvoyant and continued to beat me up simply for telling the truth about your friend here in my story, but the way I see it- if he's going to charge $250 per hour for a private telephone session, I think it's a good thing that someone is looking into his background and qualifications!

Nobody even thought to call him up on all the privacy laws he invaded with his post, nor that he gave out personal information, or started name calling or anything! Why is that OK with all of you?

Is it because he goes by the title(s) Rev. Dr. first before his name? I'll admit, it's a little intimidating. That's why when people EARN those titles, they always use them, even when they're not a medical doctor. It gives them a feeling of superiority and power. People treat them differently than if they were say, a sandwich engineer. Whatever they say, is the truth, right? Everyone's afraid of the good old doctor... fair enough. But what if he really isn't a doctor? What if he has us all fooled? And a reverend?

Let's talk about THAT for a second. As someone who is a God-loving person, I don't take that term lightly, and I always respect the clergy. So when he started throwing his weight around by signing his letters with the title "Rev. Dr." after it become obvious he wasn't all too pleased with me, I became a little suspicious.. I went on his website, and at the top, it isn't listed!

And I got to thinking to myself... that if someone is a reverend, they're going to be proud of this fact, and the affiliated church they are with, they're not going to hide it, or only selectively mention it to certain core groups.. c?mon people! Wake up and smell the holy water [dubious]!

Here's the bottom line-- You can't get to the truth in life about ANYTHING if you blindly believe whatever you read and whatever people tell you. You must ask questions, investigate and report your findings without any hesitation or worry about the consequences. At least, ideally that's what a good journalist should strive for, not holding back useful information because of fear it might make someone mad. I thought a group like this would understand that fact, but it appears I may be mistaken. Hopefully y'all just need a reminder of this from time to time.

Every week I try to write a proverb that reflects the week at a glance per se, bundling up the things that have happened and what I've learned each day collectively. It isn't easy, and after 28 or so weeks into the year, I only have twelve written, at least twelve that are good enough to put at the end of my emails in quotes. At the bottom of my post you'll read the proverb that I wrote in reflection of what it really means to be unbiased and judicial and how it may very well be the biggest factor in achieving one's greatness, or godliness. I'm hoping that the GNS group will take a moment to read and reflect upon its meaning, and then consider offering me a kind word or two, because after what I've been through in the last two weeks, I really could use it. Thanks for reading this.

EvB

I'm sorry - I'm STILL confused!

Who called you a troll? 

If there is personal information you feel should be deleted - please point it out.

The fact is I don't read every word of Christian's posts.  He may be the only person here who is capable of going on longer (though not as often) as I do.  You are in communications - so COMMUNICATE.  Don't assume that because one person (who by the way hasn't been here very long) had some less than flattering things to say about you that we're all out to get you.  This is GEORGE NOORY SUCKS - not CoastGhost Sucks.

I am sincerely inviting you to use this forum to tell us what's going on.  I hope you will accept that invitation.  But if you continue to rage against us  - en masse - I promise you you won't get any satisfaction.  That's not a threat - it's just the reality of the situation.  If I can't get a handle on what the problem is and what you'd like done about it - what do you expect me, or any of the staff here, to do? How do you expect the members to respond?  Do you seriously believe we accept everything anyone here has to say and gospel?  I don't know of one person here who is not capable of reading between the lines and thinking for themselves.  That goes for your posts, Christian's posts, my posts, EVERYONE'S post.

Look, we are not polite.  I'd assume that anyone who read the name of the forum could guess that.  That does not mean we don't care.  I've found a number of amazingly kind and supportive people here. In fact - I'd say that was the case with most of the regulars. We don't always agree - and when we don't we're often not nice about it. But that is a very superficial part of who were are. Despite our surface crudeness - if you stick around you'll find most - if not all - of the regulars here not only intelligent - but well educated.

So - again - I'll ask you to take a deep breath and tell us what it is, clearly, specifically, and preferably with quotes (a lot has been said - so that will just help) what it is that you are so angry about.

And, again, I will tell you that I'm asking that because I truly want to know, and will be helpful if I can.

I may not be able to satisfy you.  In fact - I suspect form the two posts I read so far I can't.  I'm still willing to try.  What I'm not willing to do is read rants I don't understand.

The ball is in your court.

HAL 9000

Quote from: CoastGhostHere's the bottom line-- You can't get to the truth in life about ANYTHING if you blindly believe whatever you read and whatever people tell you. You must ask questions, investigate and report your findings without any hesitation or worry about the consequences. At least, ideally that's what a good journalist should strive for, not holding back useful information because of fear it might make someone mad. I thought a group like this would understand that fact, but it appears I may be mistaken. Hopefully y'all just need a reminder of this from time to time.

Every week I try to write a proverb that reflects the week at a glance per se, bundling up the things that have happened and what I've learned each day collectively. It isn't easy, and after 28 or so weeks into the year, I only have twelve written, at least twelve that are good enough to put at the end of my emails in quotes. At the bottom of my post you'll read the proverb that I wrote in reflection of what it really means to be unbiased and judicial and how it may very well be the biggest factor in achieving one's greatness, or godliness. I'm hoping that the GNS group will take a moment to read and reflect upon its meaning, and then consider offering me a kind word or two, because after what I've been through in the last two weeks, I really could use it. Thanks for reading this.

To be honest, I have no idea who you are, or why you appeared here, but then again, I have not read this entire thread. Maybe Mr. Christian von Lahr said something about you directly or indirectly, or you showed up to "set the record straight" based on previous experience. All fine with me.

I have been investigating virtually all c2c guests insofar as their education degrees and formal schooling is concerned, and in the overwhelming majority of cases, with rare exceptions, they are all frauds. And by frauds, I would also include those who have real advanced degrees, but tout/use them in such a manner as to IMPLY they are relevent to what they currently "preach" or specialize in - a good example would be radio host "Dr. Laura." Her doctorate is in physiology, but the implication is, since she currently, and has for many years, dispenses "personal advice" (as she hold a marriage and family therapist license in California), she hold a doctorate in "advice dispensing" (think doctorate in psychology or psychiatry). BTW, I do have her nude set of photographs taken while she was dating a married man. She brings new definition the the phrase "Bush Administration" - not that there's anything wrong with that. Actually, beavers can be quite industrious. Requests taken.

So CoastGhost, your two posts, have been two of the most reasoned and well-written posts I've read in... well... since the last time I posted

Based on your avatar, I'm assuming you're a woman, and I enjoy smart women, so therefore, I think splitting a thick, juicy pizza, and a pitcher of beer at Pizza Hut are in order .

OK people, don't start screaming I'm trying to pick her up - I'm using some of my more "ShamWow-dry" humor to make a point.

Insofar as Mr. Christian von Lahr, is concerned, beware: my opinion is forthcoming.

Look Chris, you seem like a nice guy, however, how can I say what I want without sounding rude? There is no way, so here goes: You're a wingnut, a nutjob, either functionally delusional, or just another of the "on the circuit" charlatans, shills, frauds, looking to make money off of those stupid enough or vulnerable enough to part with money.

On your website it says this about you:

=============================================================

"Dr. Christian von L?hr is a modern day Seer, whose clairvoyant mediumship inspires through connections from the Higher Planes of Existence; one's Higher Self or Soul; Ascended Masters, Prophets and Saints; Master and Teacher Guides; and a sitters crossed-over family and friends --- to include influencing 'spirit' who's attendance is necessary to deliver urgent messages.

His sage advice and visions draw from the highest realm he can draw from for any individual Sitter. Often entertaining, usually prophetic, and always eminently important to the current needs of the person being read, he brings the messages and connections that need to be delivered. Christian is a most welcome, and much anticipated visiting Seer and Clairvoyant Medium who travels the country participating in most popular New Age, and Mind, Body, Spirit type Expositions.

The satisfaction level of his Readings is extraordinarily high because he enhances the energy about his Sitters, and draws to them their own specific Archangels, Guardian Angels, Master Guides and their Higher Self. He incorporates spiritual connectivity innovations of his development to ensure a far greater and more meaningful experience than can be anticipated. Everyone's complete satisfaction is anticipated."

Additionally, regarding payment for your readings, your site says:

"Cost $250. 1 Hour

Sessions can be done remotely by e-mail or live in-person. To make an in-person appointment please e-mail request before making payment.

There is a difference with a Mediumship Reading by MystoftheOracle. 

Mediumship differs because the information does not have to already be known.  The information sought can be "gotten" from "spirit guides" and the higher selves of either the Medium, or the "sitter."  The perceptions of these higher consciousnesses far exceed the capabilities and capacities of the human physical brain.  Therefore, the answers are "seen" from a place beyond our ability to read psychically, this is why Mediumship readings are more accurate.

Some of these guides, and the Higher Self in particular, have known of your past lives, and are cognizant of your life's purpose.  They may see your struggles and circumstances.  This allows them to provide insightful and astounding answers to your inquiries or thoughts.  Similarly, the spirits of those deceased recently can be contacted for a somewhat improved perspective on matters, as they now exist in a world that is beyond our limited three dimensions, and time.  This is an often-sought solution when one desires to resolve issues with the departed.

"Heaven can help" and that often means advice from our Grandparents who are in a plane we associate with Heaven.  From this place, they can provide outstanding inspiration and understanding.  Often, just a few words can explain the difficulties in your life, and provide practical insight on new directions to consider.  Although not a substitute for a complete Soul Watch Life Reading, these can be inspiring and helpful with current stressful issues.

MystoftheOracle  is an expert on the other-side.  His extensive research in Theosophy, religion and science help him reach beyond the abilities of most mediums.  He can reach farther, and reach more.  He understands the messages through Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairalience, Claircognizance and telepathy ALL AT ONCE.  Often he can bring in the Spirit energy for others in the room to see.  He talks to spirit daily and understands the mechanisms of [how] this process works.  This all translates into a deeper, more meaningful, life-changing Reading for you that are at once accurate and inspirational.  Further still, Christian is a communicator with the faerie kingdoms and the heavenly sphere of Angels, Archangels and Ascended Masters all around us."

Despite my opinions, I will offer you this: since you have access to a multitude of angels, spirits, and "other" beings, who, by the way, so far as I know, don't charge you anything for all the information they give you (and I'm guessing they're damned busy with other matters whereever they exist); I ask you Chris, the following very simply questions, which certainly the spirits must know about me... I mean, c'mon, they certainly must know who's writing this...

1) What is my middle name?
2) What brand of car do I drive? (for example: Dodge Caravan, Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion)
3) I had a relative die last year - what is his first name, and what what his specialty (retired military, WWII, Korea and Vietnam).

Just to let you know, I am concentrating on the above questions but more specifically, their specific answers... I'm sending out these thoughts/prayers/answers to all of your contacts and any others who might be listening.

I'm guessing these three simple questions wouldn't take nearly an hour to discern, as I'm not asking for a "life-reading." So I'm actually quite certain that, using your purported skills, it should take a very short time to devine this information. Certainly less time than it has taken you to thoughtfully reply to the many posts in this thread, despite whatever WPM you may be able to type.

So, Chris, come up with answers with all three... or even better yet, I'll give you the beneifit of the doubt - come up with ONE of the correct answers, and I'll rethink your charlatanism (there I go possbly making up another word).

Now, should you decide to respond, I'm confident it will be a calm and measured response, as would only be becoming of someone who would wish to continue obtaining money from "believers." Whatever your demeanor, I'm simply asking for answers to my questions. Certainly it shouldn't take long - though you may lay claim that summoning the "spirits" can't be done in the method or time-frame I've described. Surprise!

However, come up with the answers, and I'll whip out my Mastercard (do you take PayPal?) and pay you for more personal information.

Again, my main aim was to compliment CoastGhost on her seemingly intelligent posts, but as with anyone, two posts do not a person make; but you seem pretty well "together to me."

Thoughtfully and Respectfully,

Addendum: I'm cognizant of the fact that the American public is willing to be led (in my opinion mislead) by those, who do nothing more than have their voices disseminated by electromagnetic waves, thereby becoming instant celebrities, congruent with our celebrity culture. I, however, to not ascrbe to this worship of celebrity (think Oprah, and her Church of Oprah, where people believe she benevolently gave hundreds of Pontiacs to her audience, when, in fact, is was the Pontiac GM Division which supplied the cars, and not Oprah). I acsribe to science and reason, coupled with an openeness to ways in which consciousness may communicate in ways I don't yet undertand. But I'm sure my VERY SIMPLE test questions above ought to be simple enough.