• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 09, 2014, 11:13:59 PM
Interesting these two deaths in juxtaposition:  both may have died in pursuit of some idealized version of what some think a man should be (a muscle-bound behemoth) or what a woman should be (a rail-thin woman-child).  Cultural attitudes can kill....

Agreed.

Quote from: MV on April 09, 2014, 05:22:44 PM
probably something related to the fact that she was grossly underweight.  almost skeletal.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/being-underweight-might-be-deadlier-than-being-overweight.html

She doesn't look too thin in that picture. She actually looks pretty healthy there.

Saw this on TCM awhile back and it just blew me away. Mickey Rooney was one heck of a drummer!  Looks like he could play the vibes a little bit, too. "Swing it brother, beat that hide!"

Drummer Boy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 10, 2014, 03:43:11 AM

She doesn't look too thin in that picture. She actually looks pretty healthy there.

opinions... well, you know...

onan

Quote from: MV on April 10, 2014, 02:18:06 PM
opinions... well, you know...

Youth almost always has the appearance of health. Add to that a publicity photo with professional makeup and the subject could have scurvy and no one would be the wiser.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on April 10, 2014, 02:41:05 PM
Youth almost always has the appearance of health. Add to that a publicity photo with professional makeup and the subject could have scurvy and no one would be the wiser.
Yeah. If you ever run into an actress in an airport or somewhere it is shocking how 1) usually short they are and 2) how rough they look without the Hollywood makeup artist and magazine air-brushing. Special-effects are not just for the car-crashes and stunts.

Quote from: onan on April 10, 2014, 02:41:05 PM

Do not make fun of those of us with scurvy!   At least my goiter is improving though....

bigchucka

http://youtu.be/RRPcYcaggNE

Just seen comedian John Pinette died Sunday at 50 yrs. old.

Quote from: albrecht on April 10, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
Yeah. If you ever run into an actress in an airport or somewhere it is shocking how 1) usually short they are and 2) how rough they look without the Hollywood makeup artist and magazine air-brushing. Special-effects are not just for the car-crashes and stunts.

One day, approximately 5 years ago, I found myself having lunch about three tables away from Gillian Anderson and her oldest daughter. Although I did not want to appear as if I was staring at her, I did notice she looked absolutely amazing. But you're right; she was reallly short!

bigchucka

Anyone else been watching a show called Dead Famous DNA?  If indeed, he tracked down a sample of Eva Braun's hair, he was able to find a "startling revelation"...

I find this show better than others in the genre in the fact that the host does his research, but will admit when he gets scammed...

I'm thinking when he did Elvis's in the first episode, some genetic predispositions did match up...

albrecht

Apparently, at least according to this article, Peaches Geldof had joined the Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) recently. Though police say no foul play. But adds some strangeness and C2C-style to the story.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/peaches-geldof-found-dead-age-25-sudden-unexplained-year-joining-o-t-o/

MV/Liberace!

Otto of Otto and George.  Dead.  Age 54.

Bob Hoskins has passed away; he was a very, very talented actor.  RIP.

popple

PEACHES UPDATE!!!

PEACHES Geldof died from a heroin overdose, it has been reported.
Toxicology tests will show later today that the mother-of-two died from a heroin overdose, The Times of London are reporting.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/peaches-geldof-died-from-heroin-overdose-30234230.html

Just like her mom. And omg was she breastfeeding while using?  :'(

BobGrau

KIDS! If you must take heroin, at least have yer breakfast first.

H.R. Giger, the artist behind the Alien films died. This man's art was the stuff that nightmares are made of, totally unique and scary as hell.

eddie dean

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 13, 2014, 03:40:08 PM
H.R. Giger, the artist behind the Alien films died. This man's art was the stuff that nightmares are made of, totally unique and scary as hell.

His stuff was pretty crazy!
Alien gang bangs and disturbing demonic landscapes.
For some reason I thought he was German, but his bio says he was from Switzerland.

I remember he did some Emerson, Lake and Palmer cover.

popple

...not necessarily a celebrity but notable?

A famous historian who made the link between Dracula and Romanian prince Vlad the Impaler has died.

Prof Florescu was allegedly the first to link Dracula with Vlad the Impaler

Radu Florescu was a Romanian-born professor and philanthropist who gained worldwide renown in 1972 for co-authoring the book In Search of Dracula.

He died aged 88 on Sunday in Mougins, France, from complications connected to pneumonia, his son John Florescu said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/radu-florescu-dead-legacy-of-the-romanian-dracula-professor-remembered-9401744.html

b_dubb

Quote from: eddie dean on May 17, 2014, 06:35:15 PM
His stuff was pretty crazy!
Alien gang bangs and disturbing demonic landscapes.
For some reason I thought he was German, but his bio says he was from Switzerland.
Alien gang bangs? Whitley Streiber is a fan

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2014, 02:06:19 AM
Alien gang bangs? Whitley Streiber is a fan
I think after the late unpleasantness of the 1940's, they ALL were fm Austria or Switzerland.

Juan

Bunny Yeager died a couple of days ago at 85.

MV/Liberace!

Maya Angelou - Dead.

The General

Quote from: MV on May 28, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
Maya Angelou - Dead.
Hmph.  Oh well.
I always thought she was a talentless hack.
And I also thought she died in the 90's.
Quite a stirring eulogy I'm giving here.

Lunger

Quote from: MV on May 28, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
Maya Angelou - Dead.

Meh!  Hate-filled no talent hack.