• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on May 18, 2017, 06:12:33 PM
Same here.  If I had to listen to that depressing shit all the time, I'd no doubt be having some terminal thoughts.  Give me good 'ol rock and roll.

It's unfortunate that this became the prevailing image. Nirvana in particular were really funny people when you see them in interviews and on stage, at least in the early days.

ItsOver

Quote from: BobGrau on May 19, 2017, 03:47:48 AM
It's unfortunate that this became the prevailing image. Nirvana in particular were really funny people when you see them in interviews and on stage, at least in the early days.
They may have been funny people but I found their music quite depressing.  Just not for me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on May 18, 2017, 06:12:33 PM
Same here.  If I had to listen to that depressing shit all the time, I'd no doubt be having some terminal thoughts.  Give me good 'ol rock and roll.

http://youtu.be/eCFx0TX4rxk

Fine, but KISS? Bleh.

trostol

still gonna stick to AIC being the best of them

Jackstar

Every time I turn on the radio here, it's like a Soundgardengasm, but oddly enough I haven't heard any compelling stories about how the cause of death was so certainly and conclusively determined.

Perhaps Courtney will write another book about it.

trostol

Quote from: Mike Honcho on May 23, 2017, 07:54:15 AM
Roger Moore

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/23/roger-moore-dead-james-bond-actor-was-89.html

RIP Roger

"I'm terribly sorry, mother, but you know too much. You see, in my business, even the deepest family relationships aren't worth a farthing."

I grew up with this guy's movies and so he will always be James Bond to me.  RIP.

Hog

Quote from: trostol on May 19, 2017, 07:47:12 PM
still gonna stick to AIC being the best of them
they were great, I'll never forget their MTV "Unplugged" performance.  Opiate addiction sucks, and is a huge problem right now.  Its been a few years now that OxyContin was pulled from the market in the USA in 2011 and in 2012 in Canada.  To fill the void of easy to use insufflatable opiates, high potency Heroin(diacetyl morphine) and now mid grade Heroin laced with Fentanyl(100 times potency of Morphine) and Sufentanil(500 times as potent as Morphine). Another Fentanyl analogue Carfentanil is 10,000 times the potency of Morphine and was once sold as Wildnil for use as a tranquilizer for large animals.  This was the substance which was used by the Russian special forces teams of  Spetsnaz in the 2002 Moscow Theater Hostage crisis. 40-50 Chechen terrorists took 850 Russians hostage and 170 people died. All 40-50 attackers were killed, some by the gas, 130 hostages died, including nine foreigners, due to adverse reactions to the gas.  Carfentanil and remifentanil were found in patients/victims.  Medical teams were set up to aid people suffering from gunshots/explosive trauma injuries, not opioid overdose.  Apparently some hostages were saved by using the opioid antagonist Narcan (Naloxone), which reverses the effects of opioids, but enough of the drug was not available.  The Russian Spetsnaz had injected an anesthetic gas into the buildings air conditioning system.  The gas contained Carfentanil and Remifentanil and will quickly produce unconsciousness.
So these very very strong cousins of Fentanyl are used to make a crappy quality batch of Heroin, into a high quality product, sometimes being too good.  If your bag of heroin has a particularily high concentration of these super strong Fentanyls, as soon as you push that plunger into your veins, you are a dead man. Hopefully you and your buddies carry a Narcan Pen which is an injection device similar to an Epi-Pen(epinephrine) that is filled Nalaxone which will reverse the effects of opiates.

Anyhoo, we have a serious problem, it requires a serious solution.

peace
Hog

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on May 23, 2017, 12:27:58 PM
I grew up with this guy's movies and so he will always be James Bond to me.  RIP.

Aww man,  RIP Roger.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 23, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Absolutely.   Gotta go watch some Wild Geese now

RIP
Indeed. And reprise it with "The Cannonball Run," in which he was hilarious.
ps: Wild Geese was fiction but based on various antics and operations in Africa. Thomas Michael "Mad Mike" Hoare is still alive at 98 and others (Bob Denard*, Simon Mann, etc) are dead and some alive. Some of the stuff done was crazy stuff. Some have written books (I suspect ghostwritten mostly) but still interesting stuff. Africa was/is still the wild west with this stuff to an extent. Read the wikis on these guys and they are better, more bizarre than what Hollywood can come up with! Reality is more exciting than movies sometimes. And anybody who doesn't believe in coups, deep states, and conspiracies etc will have a wake up call. So much in Africa in those decades, and now, are crazy stuff.

* "Born a Roman Catholic, Denard converted first to Judaism, then to Islam, and finally back to Catholicism again. He was polygamously married seven times, and fathered eight children."

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 23, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Absolutely.   Gotta go watch some Wild Geese now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItjBLNChqTE

Just watched it like a month ago.  Great film.

Nice to see Sean reacting to Roger Moore's passing.  I wish Connery had not retired and did the same thing with his career that his buddy, Michael Caine has.

Speaking of his fellow 007, 86-year-old Connery told The Hollywood Reporter: "I was very sad to hear of Roger's passing. We had an unusually long relationship by Hollywood standards, that was filled with jokes and laughter, I will miss him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sean-connery-remembers-friendship-sir-10486845

albrecht

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html?_r=0
Good riddance but his legacy lives on and folks are still implementing much of it today so he likely died happy.

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html?_r=0
Good riddance but his legacy lives on and folks are still implementing much of it today so he likely died happy.

Yes indeed. Good riddance.

Uncle Duke

Sorry to learn frequent C2C guest R Gary Patterson passed away.  I always enjoyed his appearances to discuss rock music history, and appreciated he was one of the few guests in whom George actually had enough interest to engage in a dialogue.   

Jackstar

All guests on the Noory program are already all dead to me--but that guy was cool.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
Good riddance but his legacy lives on

Who will be there to sell give away his daughter?

EarthAlien007

Gregg Allman dead at 69.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 27, 2017, 11:34:18 AM
Sorry to learn frequent C2C guest R Gary Patterson passed away.  I always enjoyed his appearances to discuss rock music history, and appreciated he was one of the few guests in whom George actually had enough interest to engage in a dialogue.

I always enjoyed listening to Gary's spin on the 'Paul is Dead' conspiracy.  Its weird though, Gary's website still thinks he's alive.  Not very up to date, it invites us to join him at a show in Canada...last October.  He probably maintained the site himself.  RIP.

trostol

Former MLB Pitcher and Senator Jim Bunning also has passed

comaphobe

brzezinski is now rotting in hell with mr janet reno. enjoy the party asshole. people like him are who ruined our society and culture. the world is all fucked up because of him and his peers.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on May 27, 2017, 04:06:06 PM
brzezinski is now rotting in hell with mr janet reno. enjoy the party asshole. people like him are who ruined our society and culture. the world is all fucked up because of him and his peers.

Amen, bro! Here he is in his prime, kicking off the whole worldwide jihadi movement. Writhe in pain, asshole!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTv2nFjMBk

Sorry to hear about Allman, Patterson and Bunning.  RIP.