• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Haha - Google Ad Sense sucks!

Started by Frys Girl, June 10, 2009, 08:30:40 AM

Frys Girl

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-greenspan/why-google-bothered-to-ap_b_213176.html
The core of the dispute focused on whether or not Google had the right to terminate my company's Google AdSense account without providing a valid reason. The judge in the case ruled that it did not have that right, and so I won.

MV/Liberace!

you might have noticed there are no more google advertisements on this site or on ufoship.com.

there's a reason for that.

Frys Girl

I did notice that. I have heard so many complaints about ad sense. I think once you start making a lot, they cancel your account. I'm glad someone finally stood up to them.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 10, 2009, 11:21:08 PM
you might have noticed there are no more google advertisements on this site or on ufoship.com.

there's a reason for that.

Would you like to tell us what it is?

Loui Zoot

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 11, 2009, 07:07:02 AM
I did notice that. I have heard so many complaints about ad sense. I think once you start making a lot, they cancel your account. I'm glad someone finally stood up to them.

Yeah, or they cut off all traffic from their search engine to your site. I've been through that one.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 11, 2009, 04:25:32 PM
Yeah, or they cut off all traffic from their search engine to your site. I've been through that one.
That's insanely fucked up. I had no idea. Jesus!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 11, 2009, 04:25:32 PM
WOW!!  that seems like it would be highly questionable legally for them to do that.

i dumped google because:
1) too many people are having too many problems with them
2) the payout isn't worth the slop i have to display on my website.  i don't care HOW you position ads or blend them into the content.  they'll always look like shit.
3) i don't want people to be advertised to like sheeple when they visit this site.  the average person is exposed to literally thousands of advertisements per day.  it need not continue here.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 11, 2009, 08:26:27 PM
WOW!!  that seems like it would be highly questionable legally for them to do that.

i dumped google because:
1) too many people are having too many problems with them
2) the payout isn't worth the slop i have to display on my website.  i don't care HOW you position ads or blend them into the content.  they'll always look like shit.
3) i don't want people to be advertised to like sheeple when they visit this site.  the average person is exposed to literally thousands of advertisements per day.  it need not continue here.
Thank you. Are you pro-bing?

Loui Zoot

Do you have a donation page anywhere?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 12, 2009, 09:37:05 AM
Hey Loui,

I think Michael said you can paypal him $$, if I recall correctly from MVTR.

Loui Zoot

Even if he doesn't promote it, I think it would be cool to have a page somewhere, with a little paypal payment logo. If he's worried about something like that, it could be in return for something he wouldn't have spend any cash on. Like a sponsors page somewhere, with a link to the contributors website or similar. I enjoy the 24/7 stream, and I know I'd donate from time to time, when I have spare cash.

I'm guessing he's put a lot of time and effort into gathering them all, and getting the Noor-Ads out of them.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 11, 2009, 08:28:50 PM
Thank you. Are you pro-bing?
i'm neither pro nor anti.  call me indifferent.
could they have used a more gay name tho?

Quote from: Loui Zoot on June 12, 2009, 09:37:05 AM
no, but i might put one up on ufoship.  as it is now, people who want to donate can do so by paypaling it to michaelvandeven@gmail.com

thx in advance to those who donate.