• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I am no longer an "Insider"

Started by Frys Girl, June 09, 2009, 09:42:53 AM

Should I keep or kill my Coast Insider account?

Yes kill it!
5 (100%)
Keep it! You'll be glad you did!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 16, 2013, 09:51:34 AM

EvB

That has been going on for ages.  It's good marketing (samples) and a good opportunity for people to find out they DON'T want to bother with their subscription service.

Lol. I've never tried the streamlink stuff before so I might sign up. Lord knows I won't ever be paying for it though.

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 09, 2009, 01:10:30 PM
Lol. I've never tried the streamlink stuff before so I might sign up. Lord knows I won't ever be paying for it though.

The cool part is that a a free member you can DOWNLOAD whatever is available to paying members.  This includes Art's "somewhere in time" shows. I don't recall how far back the downloads go - it's at least 30 days and may be as long as 90.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 09, 2009, 01:29:34 PM
The cool part is that a a free member you can DOWNLOAD whatever is available to paying members.  This includes Art's "somewhere in time" shows. I don't recall how far back the downloads go - it's at least 30 days and may be as long as 90.
The art shows are a sham because you can't dload them. They are streaming ONLY.

EvB

Quote from: EvB on June 09, 2009, 01:29:34 PM

That is pretty cool, but even if I can't download them - the GNS stream probably plays most of the best ones that they'd have anyways.

If you're a streamlink member, isn't there a live chat or something though? I feel like trollin'.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 09, 2009, 06:11:17 PM
That is pretty cool, but even if I can't download them - the GNS stream probably plays most of the best ones that they'd have anyways.

If you're a streamlink member, isn't there a live chat or something though? I feel like trollin'.
Even better, there are fast blasts.

Loui Zoot

Realplayer allows you to record streaming audio, to your hard drive. Not sure about the new website, but the old website, you could manually punch in page numbers, in your address bar, and go all the way back to the very first somewhere in time. So with a little effort you could have all the ones that aired. That is a fact. I'm not telling you to do such, nor do I know if it is legal. I'd assume, it would fall under fair use law, as long as you are a paying streamlink member, at the time you do it. You're also not doing anything wrong by manually putting web addresses into your browser, they are regular pages that become poorly linked as they age.

I remember last fall Noory promising to have it so streamlink members could have access to all of the shows. I'm assuming that never happened though. I canceled my sub, so I can't verify.

I will make an educated guess, and say if you do some creative searching on the internet, you will NOT be likely to find mp3s for most radio shows that are currently airing, and some going fairly far back of popular shows. :P

Skippy

I reformatted my pc and lost the program that automatically downloaded coast to coast every day. They no longer offer it as a download anymore.

anyone have it?

Curtis Loew

Quote from: Skippy on December 25, 2009, 07:24:38 PM
I reformatted my pc and lost the program that automatically downloaded coast to coast every day. They no longer offer it as a download anymore.

anyone have it?

Did you have a Streamlink account  or something?    Can you just set up an RSS  feed and do it that way.

EvB

I tried it for a short while -- years ago.  I can't prove this - but it smelled of malware to me.

Skippy

Quote from: EvB on December 26, 2009, 12:36:51 AM
I tried it for a short while -- years ago.  I can't prove this - but it smelled of malware to me.

Do tell. what happened?

EvB

Quote from: Skippy on December 26, 2009, 01:42:16 AM
Do tell. what happened?

Nothing, actually!  It was just that the interface, the way it took priority status during download times, just set off red flags for me.  That - plus the fact that I only wanted the c2c I wanted - and not every show - made the choice to stick with manual download pretty simple.

Usagi

This is probably quicker and easier for me than blindly trying to search for it threads...

Does anyone have the link to the guy's site that has recent shows for download?  I sorta want to give the MIB show from last night or the other night or whatever it was a chance.  (Unless someone tells me it sucked and not to bother.)

Thank you so much!

Usagi

26 views of this and no one who may have saved it or remember where it is is kind enough to put the link?  Or this is punishment for me being too lazy to dig?  :o

I hate you all!  :P

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Usagi on June 24, 2011, 06:26:50 PM
26 views of this and no one who may have saved it or remember where it is is kind enough to put the link?  Or this is punishment for me being too lazy to dig?  :o

I hate you all!  :P

bwwahahahahahahhaha!

Despite my views on the present main host of C2C AM, I've nearly come to my end of my tolerance and patience with Streamlink and my membership with them.

I can't stand the GD Noory commercials when I am listening to an Art Bell show. I am paying for this service to NOT hear Noory you ape-minded fucks! Whoever you have in charge of selecting my "one Classic Art Bell show" per week needs their ass kicked and then anestethized for a full frontal lobotomy. What the fuck is classic about a show from two years ago? Hell, ten years ago? I demand action taken here and no more of this bullshit of shows from 2000-present being anywhere near being selected for our Streamlink "Classic" shows featuring Art Bell.

Is this some sort of dumbass inside joke from you pricks working for Noory in his St. Louis underground masturbation chamber? You need your asses beat and you are not funny and you are pissing me off. Pisses me off more that I have to pay for this shit in the first place. Art let us have his shows for free way back. Noory, fuck you. You piss me off too bad to even comment about you now. You Ass-Hippie fuck. Piss-ant son of a bitch.

I don't want any Ian Poonit show whatsoever in my Streamlink. Kick his ass out of the boxcar in the middle of Louisiana for all I care.

Streamlink either needs to at the very minimum, double the number of Art Bell shows currently selected each week for their customers. No more of this 2005 bullshit. I want and demand some shows from the 90s. Either that or open up the archives.

giraffe

I found a thread on a warez forum I frequent with about 8GB of Art's programs on Rapidshare. I can PM links if you so desire. Streamlink seems quite the archaic exercise to obtain your fix.

onan

Streamlink to me, is a metaphor for what used to be my favorite restaurant.

Several years ago I would go to a particular Mexican restaurant. I LOVED their menu and everything was like being in Cabo.

But as time went on the entrees seemed to lose their original flavor. One day I realized the the food was just plain sub par. I haven't been back. I felt like I lost something for while, then realized I hadn't really lost anything. Rather they had lost me.

morphiaflow

Giraffe, please send me a link. I probably already have it, but it can't hurt.

giraffe

Quote from: morphiaflow on July 12, 2011, 10:11:42 AM
Giraffe, please send me a link. I probably already have it, but it can't hurt.

Actually 9GB rather than 8, PM sent.

Quote from: onan on July 12, 2011, 05:31:53 AM
Streamlink to me, is a metaphor for what used to be my favorite restaurant.

Several years ago I would go to a particular Mexican restaurant. I LOVED their menu and everything was like being in Cabo.

But as time went on the entrees seemed to lose their original flavor. One day I realized the the food was just plain sub par. I haven't been back. I felt like I lost something for while, then realized I hadn't really lost anything. Rather they had lost me.

What filled the taco void for you?

MV/Liberace!

after premiere radio sent a DMC notice to my hosting company demanding that we remove all c2c shows attached to posts on this forum, that was it.  i felt compelled to beg everyone to cancel their streamlink accounts in retaliation.  we were hurting NOBODY with what we were doing here.  they just HAD to come in and wave a legal document in our faces.  couldn't control themselves.  i really do hope all of you will consider cancelling your streamlink account.  there's no benefit to keeping (and paying for) it.  you can obtain all of the classic art bell shows you want by using bittorrent.  hell, even if you want the NEW shows as they are recorded, those also are available on bittorrent on a daily basis.  i recommend you start with demonoid.me.  if you'd like an invitation code, please send me a private message requesting one.  i'm happy to oblige.  also, you should insall uTorrent as your bittorrent client before using demonoid.me.

anagrammy

If you want to select which shows to download and would like complete description, you might consider my favorite streamlink alternative:

http://www.funklbaldy.com/index2.html

I totally support canceling your streamlink.  You are supporting the Noory debacle if you continue sending them money!   Lisa wrote to one of our posters once, I think it was Aldousburbank, and told him she only reads the negative comments of people who cancel streamlink and give a reason.  He had said, "George Noory sucks" as his reason for quitting. 

Lisa emailed him and actually requested more specifics!  You might actually do some good if you are prepared to give examples once you have settled on the many streamlink alternatives now available.

Anagrammy

JeffreyLXV

Quote from: anagrammy on July 24, 2011, 02:04:35 PM
If you want to select which shows to download and would like complete description, you might consider my favorite streamlink alternative:
http://www.funklbaldy.com/index2.html

That link is very nice.

Anyone know of a way to see upcoming show topics WITHOUT going to the c2c page? I know this is kind of oxymoronic, but seeing Noory's mug all over is a downer and deterrent.

Tonight's show from the c2c page:
Food & Health
Sun 07-24
The food we eat is not what it used to be. It is controlled every step from the farm to the dinner table by huge corporations. It doesn't taste the same, isn't as healthy, and has turned farmers into indentured servants. How did it get this way and what can you do about it? Mike Adams, editor of NaturalNews.com and James Colquhoun, director of the film Food Matters, join George Knapp to offer insight on why food companies purposely make you addicted to their food and how eating the right things can cure virtually any disease.

I've been trying to get back into the c2c groove... But, fluoride last night was a dud, and tonight looks similarly disappointing.