• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Why Files

Started by Dr. MD MD, January 12, 2023, 04:02:33 PM

Dr. MD MD

Perhaps this is the real legacy to Art Bell? 🤔

Laser

What was the real story of Art Bell falling out with David Oates?

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 04, 2014, 09:00:37 PMArt was foolish to call out Oates on the reverse speech fakery, it threatened Oates potential income and then all hell broke loose and became a legal fight over principles.

Art has a history of such behavior to get out of situations that IHMO that are overly demanding and/or bored with.
First night of Dark Matter, Art explains how the Oates mess turned into a principle fight against Premier Radio. Then he cooks up a problem about streaming with Sirius to get out of that demanding work schedule and/or the thrill was gone.

Perhaps the whole thing of reverse speech is worth revisiting.

pate

Quote from: Laser on March 20, 2023, 04:43:47 AMWhat was the real story of Art Bell falling out with David Oates?

Perhaps the whole thing of reverse speech is worth revisiting.

Don't know the real story on Oates/Art Bell.

I noticed the "Why Files" guy has a picture of Art on his conspiracy corkboard background (lower left side/upstage right) a few months ago though.  Haven't gone back rewatch old episodes to discover if that is a new addition or if it just took me that long to notice it...

-p

ksm32

I subscribed to the channel for a while and enjoyed it just that long. A.. while.  For some reason the way he opens ALL his ups by a quick chair raise and goofy half-grin drives me nuts. And he ruins everything at the end of each video with explanations that completely leave you gutted about something you wanted to believe was true as weird shit to think about. And he's smug about it too.

Fuckin' Hecklefish. Cute for like 4 seconds.

oh well