• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

WHO declares monkeypox outbreak to be public health emergency

Started by Asuka Langley, July 23, 2022, 11:57:00 AM

albrecht

There is odd ruminations here. Suspect. Rum always assocatied with violence. We don't need this at a SardineFest already a flamed over avavit and imported Hamn's- and decriminalized drugs. I say no rum, at least with flavoring. Some might get ideas of the lash or even sodomy and build an Empire/Navy. Not good.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on August 13, 2022, 08:14:00 PMThere is odd ruminations here. Suspect. Rum always assocatied with violence. We don't need this at a SardineFest already a flamed over avavit and imported Hamn's- and decriminalized drugs. I say no rum, at least with flavoring. Some might get ideas of the lash or even sodomy and build an Empire/Navy. Not good.
Hamm's and sardines. The bedrock of a civil civilization.

MV/Liberace!

https://twitter.com/jeeeberts/status/1554229252199006209 

It used to be considered an insult to call a gay person "queer."  I'm not sure when or why that changed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pate

PET FEAR Gerbils and hamsters may have to be PUT DOWN to control spread on monkeypox
Quote from: https://www.the-sun.com/health/5439706/monkeypox-gerbils-hamsters-put-down/PET gerbils and hamsters can catch monkeypox and may have to be put down to control its spread, health chiefs have warned...
Are we at PKW (Peak Klown Whirl'd) yet?

Nautical Shore...

-p

K_Dubb

This would never have happened if Trump were still president, he'd hog all the vaccine orders and shove the dumbass eurofags out of the way like he did for covid and launch Operation Warp Speed 2 and sail the hospital ships Comfort and Mercy into San Fran and Seattle where hot Navy corpsmen in their dress whites would line the rails brandishing needles and we would meet them all smiling in our tank tops, it was our fleet week last week anyway, would have been great! #Fuck Joe Brandon 

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 14, 2022, 11:58:07 AMThis would never have happened if Trump were still president, he'd hog all the vaccine orders and shove the dumbass eurofags out of the way like he did for covid and launch Operation Warp Speed 2 and sail the hospital ships Comfort and Mercy into San Fran and Seattle where hot Navy corpsmen in their dress whites would line the rails brandishing needles and we would meet them all smiling in our tank tops, it was our fleet week last week anyway, would have been great! #Fuck Joe Brandon 
Heh, heh, heh.

Asuka Langley

https://nypost.com/2022/08/14/dog-reportedly-contracts-monkeypox-from-owners/

A dog belonging to a gay French couple has contracted monkeypox after sharing their bed — the first confirmed case of human-to-pet infection, according to reports.

The Parisian men, ages 44 and 27, are believed to have contracted the virus after having sexual contact with other guys during their non-monogamous relationship.

@Big Chicken

Asuka Langley

Epidemiologists and public health officials are worried the Biden administration has missed the window to stop monkeypox from circulating in the United States

Experts say it might now be too late to eliminate the virus in the U.S., and the longer it circulates, the greater the risk that it will spread to the general population.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-pulse/2022/08/15/why-monkeypox-may-be-here-to-stay-00051708

>when AIDS wasnt enough of a threat for ass licking, dog fucking poxwalkers

K_Dubb

Quote from: Asuka Langley on August 15, 2022, 09:30:10 AMEpidemiologists and public health officials are worried the Biden administration has missed the window to stop monkeypox from circulating in the United States

Experts say it might now be too late to eliminate the virus in the U.S., and the longer it circulates, the greater the risk that it will spread to the general population.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-pulse/2022/08/15/why-monkeypox-may-be-here-to-stay-00051708

>when AIDS wasnt enough of a threat for ass licking, dog fucking poxwalkers

Right, we should have checked our high-risk behavior, at least until a vaccine was widely available.  I tend to agree; that will be difficult to defend.

Thankfully all the evangelical pastors who fought to keep their churches open with maskless choirs singing away lustily will have our backs 🥳

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 15, 2022, 01:13:06 PMRight, we should have checked our high-risk behavior, at least until a vaccine was widely available.  I tend to agree; that will be difficult to defend.

Thankfully all the evangelical pastors who fought to keep their churches open with maskless choirs singing away lustily will have our backs 🥳

Haha. I won't crib but many a good quote about hypocrisy. A part of the human condition, it would seem.  However, there also is something like an assumption of risk and common sense. Sometimes lacking in all populations or people at times. But I do have suspicion what our Founders would think. I seem to recall a discussion in the Federal Papers in which Publius thought that big-barn liquor stores and nationally-based corporate conglomerate bigbox home improvement stores should be allowed open at all costs, pox or viruses be damned, but that small churches, local hardware stores, and schools be shut down immediately. And that meth-using anonymous public sex antics with multiple partners in parks or bathhouses, obviously, was vigorously defended despite a few concerns about a tragedy of the commons situation.

albrecht

Quote from: AC400KICK on August 15, 2022, 02:27:44 PMA Brief History of The Monkeypox

Probably best pipes ever. So strange for a short, tribal guy. I create controversy but he better than Ozzy with Sabbath but best in his other stuff. RIP. Saw him in several bands, solo projects, etc over the years. Always brought it. Dead from cancer in Texas a while back. Sad.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 15, 2022, 01:50:57 PMHaha. I won't crib but many a good quote about hypocrisy. A part of the human condition, it would seem.  However, there also is something like an assumption of risk and common sense. Sometimes lacking in all populations or people at times. But I do have suspicion what our Founders would think. I seem to recall a discussion in the Federal Papers in which Publius thought that big-barn liquor stores and nationally-based corporate conglomerate bigbox home improvement stores should be allowed open at all costs, pox or viruses be damned, but that small churches, local hardware stores, and schools be shut down immediately. And that meth-using anonymous public sex antics with multiple partners in parks or bathhouses, obviously, was vigorously defended despite a few concerns about a tragedy of the commons situation.

Yeah a lot of the shut-down was ridiculous, I am still sore about razor clam season  >:(

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 15, 2022, 02:41:37 PMYeah a lot of the shut-down was ridiculous, I am still sore about razor clam season  >:(

We got these damn mussels. Invasive. I wouldn't be surprised if they are spreading poxes and diseases in addition to water supply and general "you got to wear shoes in the lakes and wash yer boats." Zebra ones. Like the damn bees, why is everything Africanized so deadly and invasive? I kid, of course.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 15, 2022, 02:56:19 PMIt was the only way to save you man..........

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/story/2020-03-31/uc-san-diego-atmospheric-chemist-pleads-with-surfers-and-beach-walkers-to-stay-home

LOL poor lady is probably shopping a grant application to study whether you can get monkeypox borne by equatorial currents or pools or hot tubs or swimming with dolphins.

Juan

I see that selfies of your monkey pox sores is the latest thing.  Who here is participating?

Fruitdriller

Quote from: Juan on August 17, 2022, 04:54:08 AMthe latest thing.  Who here is participating?

I don't think I have monkeypox. It's more of a negotiation. I don't know what to call it, besides, "time for bed."

It is nice that something around here works.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan on August 17, 2022, 04:54:08 AMI see that selfies of your monkey pox sores is the latest thing.  Who here is participating?

<---I was in the vanguard of that trend, of course; you must have missed it.  I think it did much to erase the stigma!  The itching, tho...