• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pardons/Clemencies

Started by albrecht, January 20, 2021, 05:35:46 PM

albrecht

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons-granted-president-donald-trump  Signatures look weird considering other orders. Auto-pen over worked?

https://nypost.com/article/trump-presidential-pardons-full-list/

Some people expect, not. But some interesting reads on who was granted. I wonder who Karmala/Biden might or will she wait until leaving office?

https://knowledgestew.com/2015/10/the-autopen-signature-tool-of-us.html

Since the precedent that signatures don't matter for voters I guess it shouldn't matter for the President....I wonder if one could get out of debts or contracts by claiming auto-pen, or criminals could use to get into same?  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2021, 05:35:46 PM

Since the precedent that signatures don't matter for voters I guess it shouldn't matter for the President....I wonder if one could get out of debts or contracts by claiming auto-pen, or criminals could use to get into same?  ;)

Negative. In the foreclosure era (2008, 2009) there were tons of articles about all kinds of shady practices (people not qualified to sign legal papers signing them, other forging the signatures of lawyers for the big banks.) In the end, as long as it destroyed an individual and benefited the big banks, judges almost universally held up the foreclosures. I think I read about a few who did not- but big banks have good lawyers, and lots of influence.

Now, if you use that method, I would assume the bank could claim title on your house.

WOTR

Sorry... It took me a moment to recall that it was "robo signing." From there it was a quick jump to "Linda Green." Though far from the only BS actions in the mortgage industry- I believe it was the most blatant and affected the most people during the foreclosure "crisis."

Linda Green was the name signed by dozens of employees of DocX, LLC, a mortgage services company in Alpharetta, Georgia. The name was signed on over two million mortgage documents from at least 2004 to 2009. This name was the most well-known in the mortgage scandal known as “robo-signing” referring to the practice of employees signing hundreds of mortgage documents each hour, without having any knowledge of the truthfulness of the information in Affidavits, Mortgage Assignments, Mortgage Satisfactions and other documents used, in particular, to push foreclosures through the courts.

"Brown allegedly directed her workers at DocX to routinely sign the name “Linda Green” on thousands of filings in Michigan and the nation with vastly different handwriting... Brown’s scheme netted $60 million between 2003 and 2006 for the parent company DocX, her Georgia-based document processing firm that forged more than 1 million foreclosure documents used by banks and attorneys to illegally turn homeowners homeless."

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2021, 05:35:46 PM
I wonder who Karmala/Biden might or will she wait until leaving office?

Biden doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't pardon those Dem operatives arrested for voter fraud in Texas - like by tomorrow [assuming those are Federal crimes - I guess they would be?].

WOTR

I have had a bit of time to think it over. I am beyond disappointed by Trumps last actions. He could have pardoned Snowden and Assange. He could have went down as pissing off the CIA, NSA and FBI on his last day and actually dealt a blow against the deep state. Instead he did nothing. He caved to the same deep state that hated him, persecuted him, and will likely attempt to prosecute him. Sad.

*Oh, and lifting the lobbying ban he had put in place for his administration officials was disappinting.

All in all, a shitty end to a presidency. But I suppose we should get used to it as the next four years promises more of the same.

K_Dubb

QuoteThe White House said Sella’s clemency request was supported by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer, US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, and Miriam Adelson, the wife of top conservative donor Sheldon Adelson who died last week.

“The State of Israel has issued a full and unequivocal apology, and has requested the pardon in order to close this unfortunate chapter in US-Israel relations,” the White House said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-israels-request-trump-pardons-israeli-handler-of-spy-jonathan-pollard/

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 21, 2021, 05:11:31 PM
https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-israels-request-trump-pardons-israeli-handler-of-spy-jonathan-pollard/
One might think that Trump releasing one of the worst spies would be enough for them but they always want more. Pardon his handler also? Very greedy. Pollard should be happy with simply being out of prison and view the pension Israel is giving him as a cherry on top, not asking for a full pardon or even clemency. And his handler I'm sure was doing ok over there and never had to worry about extradition or punishment.

ps: I was thinking earlier how one could reuse a skullcap that could second as the mask! Once places of worship are allowed to be open and you are running late. Or in some NY neighborhoods. Or windy situations. For the Romans and Joose who like to cover their male pattern baldness, for religious reasons. Then flip it around and protect everyone from Corona-Chan!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on January 21, 2021, 05:27:25 PM
ps: I was thinking earlier how one could reuse a skullcap that could second as the mask! Once places of worship are allowed to be open and you are running late. Or in some NY neighborhoods. Or windy situations. For the Romans and Joose who like to cover their male pattern baldness, for religious reasons. Then flip it around and protect everyone from Corona-Chan!

Of course it has been done, by some enterprising cute Jewish boys.

Presumably the straps can be tucked inside when it is pinned to your head for temple, or maybe tied with a pretty bow beneath the chin as a sort of mini bonnet.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 21, 2021, 06:53:14 PM

Presumably the straps can be tucked inside when it is pinned to your head for temple, or maybe tied with a pretty bow beneath the chin as a sort of mini bonnet.
Once again their nefarious machinations steal my ideas!  ;) I was thinking that the straps could still be used under ears (and/or under long braids) to hold the male-pattern baldness cap on in high winds and such.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 21, 2021, 06:53:14 PM

Is that Trudeau pretending to be Jewish? :D

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2021, 09:45:19 PM
Is that Trudeau pretending to be Jewish? :D

I should probably not have laughed as hard as I did.

*It just struck me that we finally each have equal respect for the leader of our own countries. ;)