• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Worse than Geroge Noory?

Started by WOTR, December 18, 2020, 03:45:24 AM

WOTR

It has been months since I have turned on the show that replaced Coast in most of Canada. "The shift with Drex." I could not stand it from the start, and tuned out faster than I would a Noory hosted coast. It was a radio show where they invited callers to discuss topics such as their first concert experience.

So, it has been months since I tuned in and when I tuned in yesterday, Drex was gone. But the new host was soliciting calls to talk about what Christmas traditions the callers had. I decided that I did not care if uncle Fred farts the star spangled banner after every turkey dinner and tuned out. I looked it up, and Drex was gone and replace with Shane Hewitt since July. So I tuned in again tonight.

The hosts asked people to call in to complain about Canada post. Then they discussed what television shows you should have on in the background while you do housework.

Yes, Shane Hewitt is a whining bitch who is actually 10X worse than George. It is as bad as it would be if George dedicated every program to personalized astrology readings to his callers. This is what late night radio has been reduced to?

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:45:24 AM
It has been months since I have turned on the show that replaced Coast in most of Canada. "The shift with Drex." I could not stand it from the start, and tuned out faster than I would a Noory hosted coast. It was a radio show where they invited callers to discuss topics such as their first concert experience.

So, it has been months since I tuned in and when I tuned in yesterday, Drex was gone. But the new host was soliciting calls to talk about what Christmas traditions the callers had. I decided that I did not care if uncle Fred farts the star spangled banner after every turkey dinner and tuned out. I looked it up, and Drex was gone and replace with Shane Hewitt since July. So I tuned in again tonight.

The hosts asked people to call in to complain about Canada post. Then they discussed what television shows you should have on in the background while you do housework.

Yes, Shane Hewitt is a whining bitch who is actually 10X worse than George. It is as bad as it would be if George dedicated every program to personalized astrology readings to his callers. This is what late night radio has been reduced to?
Glad to hear the continuing NWO agenda item #11 The Dumbing Down of Mass Media for the Prolls is going well up North.

It’s still alive and well in Amerika.

Dateline

Give Norry the contact, so that he can listen to the drivel.  He can reach even new lows in his behaviors and hosting.  Fart!

The hosts asked people to call in to complain about Canada post.

I'm trying to figure out how that could even have a chance of being listenable.

"Next up we have Robert on the line. Robert is from way out there in Saskatoon. How about that?

Robert since you are not from Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal do everyone a favor and just kill yourself.  Got that? Thanks.
Next up we'll talk to Sophie from Montreal. A little birdie has told me she is going to berate those losers in the Maritimes and of
course the mail. Let's hear it Sophie..........".

Uncle Duke

I listened to Drex on CKNW out of Vancouver off and on for a few months back early this year.  He came across to me as a condescending, arrogant jerk, but he was a bright guy and was a far superior radio talent compared to George. I did enjoy the guy who did the show during the weekend, however.  He didn't take himself as seriously as Drex and had a good time talking on air to his producer and a news gal.

WOTR

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2020, 01:42:48 PM
I listened to Drex on CKNW out of Vancouver off and on for a few months back early this year.  He came across to me as a condescending, arrogant jerk, but he was a bright guy and was a far superior radio talent compared to George. I did enjoy the guy who did the show during the weekend, however.  He didn't take himself as seriously as Drex and had a good time talking on air to his producer and a news gal.

Well... I will take this moment to remind the casual Bellgab reader who may be swayed by this post that even George Norry has his fans.  :P

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 18, 2020, 10:04:48 AM
I'm trying to figure out how that could even have a chance of being listenable.

"Next up we have Robert on the line. Robert is from way out there in Saskatoon. How about that?

Robert since you are not from Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal do everyone a favor and just kill yourself.  Got that? Thanks.
Next up we'll talk to Sophie from Montreal. A little birdie has told me she is going to berate those losers in the Maritimes and of
course the mail. Let's hear it Sophie..........".
I honestly feel that it is that bad. Taking callers to discuss what television shows are best to have on as background noise is asinine. I will tune in tonight for a short time (if I remember) to find out what the riveting topic is that we are taking callers on.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 08:13:29 PM
I honestly feel that it is that bad. Taking callers to discuss what television shows are best to have on as background noise is asinine. I will tune in tonight for a short time (if I remember) to find out what the riveting topic is that we are taking callers on.
I think there is some kind of amazing philosophical 4th wall being broken by this question. It is not asinine. It is very sublime. You have a medium that often is simply background noise for over-the-road truckers, insomniacs, shift-workers, cranks, and shut-ins and the host used it to poise the question about another medium- one designed to show images- being used as background noise! In a category where the name of an AM host is misspelled, as it should be.

Robert

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:45:24 AMIt has been months since I have turned on the show that replaced Coast in most of Canada. "The shift with Drex."
Well, my friend Damon did work on a TV show called Wasteland.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on December 18, 2020, 08:17:49 PM
I think there is some kind of amazing philosophical 4th wall being broken by this question. It is not asinine. It is very sublime. You have a medium that often is simply background noise for over-the-road truckers, insomniacs, shift-workers, cranks, and shut-ins and the host used it to poise the question about another medium- one designed to show images- being used as background noise! In a category where the name of an AM host is misspelled, as it should be.

Hahahah

Drex got fired? I listened to that show a few times, typical talk radio topics, scan the Internet, see what people are talking about on social media, check out news headlines and that's your show prep. Riff about what you did or saw today with the producer, try to be funny, open the phone lines. Drex is Australian. I don't even think they keep ratings for overnight, he probably got fired for something not related to the actual on air show.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 22, 2020, 04:31:07 AM
Drex got fired? I listened to that show a few times, typical talk radio topics, scan the Internet, see what people are talking about on social media, check out news headlines and that's your show prep. Riff about what you did or saw today with the producer, try to be funny, open the phone lines. Drex is Australian. I don't even think they keep ratings for overnight, he probably got fired for something not related to the actual on air show.

To hear Drex tell it, he didn't get fired, he quit to explore other opportunities. Of course, it could have been one of those, "You can't fire me, I quit" deals.

well he was certainly brighter than Norry but then again so are most 12 year olds. but I prefer Norry to a show/host like that because I like a good trainwreck and Coast is that. Callers to show like Drex are normal people, millennials who stay up late, and are quite boring - with Coast I get oddballs like Cleopatra Lady, Cornelius, Mike the Millennal, Walt the Atheist, Annie, Barry, etc 

FXX

I see you on here talking about regular callers you don’t know us. Ever think we just want to participate in something we care about? So many people have a problem with somebody just because they are a millennial like wow act like an adult. I don’t really understand why you feel the need to dislike someone because they are a certain age.

FXX

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 22, 2020, 06:47:15 AM
well he was certainly brighter than Norry but then again so are most 12 year olds. but I prefer Norry to a show/host like that because I like a good trainwreck and Coast is that. Callers to show like Drex are normal people, millennials who stay up late, and are quite boring - with Coast I get oddballs like Cleopatra Lady, Cornelius, Mike the Millennal, Walt the Atheist, Annie, Barry, etc
this kind of stuff just is getting pretty old at this point. I’ve seen it for over a year at this point.

Ciardelo

Quote from: FXX on January 05, 2021, 07:17:40 AMwhy you feel the need to dislike someone because they are a certain age.

Because that is so one-dimension of the "millennial"

Have you ever met somebody and in the first 30 seconds they have to bring up their sexual orientation? It's the same thing.

In short, it's boring.