• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2016, 11:57:46 AM
This show gave me some very useful information in the past. MV recommended getting a free Google Voice number and routing it through an Obi100. This gives you a free VOI home phone with free long distance to the US and Canada...it's been working great now for over a year.

yup, i still have a traditional phone plugged into one of those at home.  mainly, it's used so my 3 year old daughter can call me whenever she wants.  we also let the 11 month old play with it, heh heh. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on June 28, 2016, 12:13:00 PM
yup, i still have a traditional phone plugged into one of those at home.  mainly, it's used so my 3 year old daughter can call me whenever she wants.  we also let the 11 month old play with it, heh heh.
Free? :o  Never heard of such a thing!  What world are you living in, MV? ::)

morgana213

I always did love this show.  Glad to see you're gonna have a new one.   :D  I'll be listening.

And as always...Praise MV! 8)

Quote from: MV on June 28, 2016, 11:35:59 AM
The Spec Sheet (a podcast about technology) returns tomorrow, June 29, at 9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific.

Listen live:  Link
Our Website:  Link
The RSS feed for podcast subscription:  Link
The Spec Sheet on iTunes:  Link

YES! Praise MV & CT!

serenity

Quote from: chefist on June 28, 2016, 11:57:46 AM
This show gave me some very useful information in the past. MV recommended getting a free Google Voice number and routing it through an Obi100. This gives you a free VOI home phone with free long distance to the US and Canada...it's been working great now for over a year.

YAY! Its about time. Thank you brother Michael!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on June 28, 2016, 11:52:55 AM
I'll be there with BELLS on!!

PRAISE MV!!

At last salvation... I need help with my VCR that has been  flashing 12:00 am for over 25 years. Is it true that it can be programed to record one channel while watching another?

yes yes Praise mVee

can't wait to call in!

Mr. Fidget

The Spec Sheet (a podcast about technology) returns tomorrow, June 29, at 9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific.

Way back when, I called in about SG's sqrl... it's about done, and it will take the middle-man out of authentication. That means you can have private secure authentication w/o passwords! Bellgab should be an early adopter.

https://www.grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm

starrmtn001

BobGrau

Quote from: brig on June 28, 2016, 11:52:55 AM
I'll be there with BELLS on!!

PRAISE MV!!

I, too, will be setting aside some bells for this.

Lilith

Quote from: BobGrau on June 29, 2016, 04:59:30 AM
I, too, will be setting aside some bells for this.

I might even walk over to the Dollar Tree and get a party horn and hat, and some of those noise makers.  You In?

BobGrau

Quote from: brig on June 29, 2016, 05:02:43 AM
I might even walk over to the Dollar Tree and get a party horn and hat, and some of those noise makers.  You In?

Praise.

serenity

Quote from: brig on June 29, 2016, 05:02:43 AM

Hey Brig, if you see any sleigh bells, could you pick me up 1 or 2? I'm getting ready for the season :)

Well this is interesting.

My notorious derelict bait computer was long overdue for some Spec Sheet intervention.

And just in time before I am to roll the bones out of Dodge City. 

Very good.

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on June 29, 2016, 06:12:36 AM
Hey Brig, if you see any sleigh bells, could you pick me up 1 or 2? I'm getting ready for the season :)

OH!  SERENITY!!  I have to go look in my Christmas box, I think I have some in there from last Christmas you can have.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 28, 2016, 08:28:24 PM
   Way back when, I called in about SG's sqrl... it's about done, and it will take the middle-man out of authentication. That means you can have private secure authentication w/o passwords! Bellgab should be an early adopter.

https://www.grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm

feel free to call in and talk about it tonight.  i haven't been keeping up with the project, as i essentially have given up on steve gibson completing anything.

Catsmile

Spec Sheet... Spec Sheet... Spec Sheet...

starrmtn001

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 29, 2016, 07:50:07 AM
Well this is interesting.

My notorious derelict bait computer was long overdue for some Spec Sheet intervention.

And just in time before I am to roll the bones out of Dodge City. 

Very good.
???

X-Ray of an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus?  ::) ;)

chinaclipper

thnks guys.  enjoyed.  but couldn't help but notice that several questions asked in chat went unanswered.  is that because you just didn't see them, or not relevant enough?

starrmtn001

Red, MV, kudos men, that was awesome!  Thank you! ;)  :-*  :-*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 29, 2016, 09:44:27 PM

thnks guys.  enjoyed.  but couldn't help but notice that several questions asked in chat went unanswered.  is that because you just didn't see them, or not relevant enough?

I didn't see them. It's best to call.

Jackstar

I could hear Curtis just fine. I was deliberately ignoring MV. /flex

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on June 30, 2016, 02:36:23 PM

I'm so glad you called in Jackstar.  I wanted to hear details about your posts.  I thought I heard something about half your posts being reported or something?  I'm sure I heard that wrong.  Who could possibly not appreciate your posts?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on June 30, 2016, 02:36:23 PM

you're a champ.

so great to hear enterprise room again

and this podcast in general. thanks

wow looks like I went to the page just minutes after it was posted. good timing crash

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Crash Folly on July 01, 2016, 12:18:48 AM
so great to hear enterprise room again

and this podcast in general. thanks

wow looks like I went to the page just minutes after it was posted. good timing crash

yeah, i have to say, it was nice to hear that song in my headphones once again.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on June 30, 2016, 06:58:37 AM
I didn't see them. It's best to call.
Oh.  You're awake!!! ;D  Thank you MV. :-*

PRAISE TOPGOB!!!  The Omnipotent and Powerful God Of Bellgab.