• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

Quote from: Liberace! on July 15, 2020, 08:41:43 PM
Our next live show will be Friday, July 17th at 8:30PM East, 5:30PM West.

Possible micro topic: the sometimes creepy actors in Consumer Cellular commercials. Do they believe themselves to be hip/sick/cool? I notice they walk funny. Not so cool when you're sick with a hip fracture, is it? I didn't think so.

(On the other hand, I kind of like the geezer commercial that sells the teeter fit spine inversion thing. Until he makes that little jump in the air and you think he is going to break his own fit spine.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 16, 2020, 01:11:54 PM
Possible micro topic: the sometimes creepy actors in Consumer Cellular commercials. Do they believe themselves to be hip/sick/cool? I notice they walk funny. Not so cool when you're sick with a hip fracture, is it? I didn't think so.
Ha!  One of my pet peeve commercials.  It's like they went out of there way to find the strangest looking, sounding, and acting folks.  And remember.  Consumer Cellular "is consumer friendly because consumer is in their name."  If only Noory would change his middle name from Ralph to Great Radio.  The world can be so simple!

"Remember, folks. 'Great Radio' is my middle name! Just ask Tommy 'Kiss Up' Danheiser!" - George Noory

AZZERAE

Re: The Spec Sheet The Boomers Making Inside Jokes thread.

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on July 16, 2020, 03:10:39 PM
... my pet peeve ...

Why did eMCee close the open thread with "vote" option?

And some other thing about PMs

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on July 17, 2020, 01:30:34 AM
Why did eMCee close the open thread with "vote" option?

The answer to any of these kind of questions is always going to be some variation of "gun held to loved ones' heads." What's he gonna do? Rebel? I cannot allow that.

That is my area, Sugar Splenda. Stay tuned.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 16, 2020, 06:40:22 AM
I have begun to suspect the existence of some kind of nefarious Cabal.

The man in black fled across the desert when Keyser Soze came to town.+

Jackstar

I had a technical question. Next time, next level.

I'm not allowed to know what level we're on. I'm told most of you are level 3. Yes, that's right: level three. And I'm clearly not a reliable source of intel anymore: I'm being told that I'm level 55, and that is obviously not true. How could that even be? I don't even have a level! I did buy one for Grapefruit.

I'm soft on fruits. Where's that strawberry jam orderer? Adorable.

Lilith

#MVReleaseTheRubiniCut!

Jackstar

The rare case, where I am not allowed to allow. What am I supposed to do, get out and push?

I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Lilith on July 19, 2020, 05:35:33 PM

#MVReleaseTheRubiniCut!

Only available on the Bellgab Home Theater Systemâ,,¢, powered by Firefubâ,,¢.

Lilith

MV:

#ReleaseTheRubiniCut! from July 10th.

#ReleaseTheRubini/DMDNetworkSpecSheet! from July 17th.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 19, 2020, 05:47:59 PM
I'll see what I can do.

If asking twice would have helped, I would have thought have that.

Jackstar

"Do you remember The Spec Sheet?" I ask.
"... Yes." I'm somewhat surprised.
I go, "It's still not posted."
GF says, "That's weird."

A RESPONSE SO TEPID, I AM FORCED TO USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN ORDER TO LIVEN THINGS UP.

Hog

Great show Lee and Heater(Mr.Thornton)!!

I can't believe your youngest offspring, Miss Liberace is now 5, that means that your oldest, Miss Liberace. is in her last year of Med. school.
It's funny that Nabila's vote for the most uninspired, uncreative, soulless, uninteresting, disconnected, I'm not invested in this process at all, dog name ever  "Scooby", has indeed stuck at the Liberace residence.
Please let us know when yous guys add "Scrappy" to the Liberace household.

I was thinking that your "non-compete" was keeping you from doing any more Gabcasts or "The Spec Sheet".  I personally am not a big tech geek, but I do add new episodes of "The Spec Sheet" and "The Gabcast" to my "bedtime" roster.  No matter the show, so long as you are involved in the broadcast, I am interested in listening.  I really wish I could find your new show, but I remember you stating that your new show and the Bellgab crowd shall never cross paths.  I really can't blame you, but it still sucks. 

I did enjoy your segment on LCD and LED/LCD TVs. 

"This is a very special edition of "The Spec Sheet". On this broadcast each listener will receive a complimentary pre-owned 10 GB IBM IDE hard drive No need to call about the drive, we have your information   To speak with Curtis call now a 573-837-4948 that's  573-837-4948 and now here's "The Spec Sheet"."

Nvidia RTX-2070-SUPER graphics card, only $499.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2070-super/

Nice to hear you 'casting again Lee!

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Hog on July 24, 2020, 10:30:57 AM
Great show Lee and Heater(Mr.Thornton)!!

I can't believe your youngest offspring, Miss Liberace is now 5, that means that your oldest, Miss Liberace. is in her last year of Med. school.
It's funny that Nabila's vote for the most uninspired, uncreative, soulless, uninteresting, disconnected, I'm not invested in this process at all, dog name ever  "Scooby", has indeed stuck at the Liberace residence.
Please let us know when yous guys add "Scrappy" to the Liberace household.

I was thinking that your "non-compete" was keeping you from doing any more Gabcasts or "The Spec Sheet".  I personally am not a big tech geek, but I do add new episodes of "The Spec Sheet" and "The Gabcast" to my "bedtime" roster.  No matter the show, so long as you are involved in the broadcast, I am interested in listening.  I really wish I could find your new show, but I remember you stating that your new show and the Bellgab crowd shall never cross paths.  I really can't blame you, but it still sucks. 

I did enjoy your segment on LCD and LED/LCD TVs. 

"This is a very special edition of "The Spec Sheet". On this broadcast each listener will receive a complimentary pre-owned 10 GB IBM IDE hard drive No need to call about the drive, we have your information   To speak with Curtis call now a 573-837-4948 that's  573-837-4948 and now here's "The Spec Sheet"."

Nvidia RTX-2070-SUPER graphics card, only $499.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2070-super/

Nice to hear you 'casting again Lee!

peace
Hog

Sup, Hawwwg. Thanks for the note.  We were going to do a Spec Sheet tonight, but Curtis had a busy week and wasn't able to join me in testing up the setup.  We've had a rough go in terms of maintaining a stable audio channel between the two of us.  I think I have a solid solution, though.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on July 24, 2020, 08:16:30 PM
I think I have a solid solution, though.

Victory for The Light.

Sup, Hawwwg. Thanks for the note.  We were going to do a Spec Sheet tonight, but Curtis had a busy week and wasn't able to join me in testing up the setup.  We've had a rough go in terms of maintaining a stable audio channel between the two of us.  I think I have a solid solution, though.

Cool beans! Would that thorny [b] [/b] problem be next on the hit list perchance?

Catsmile

#TheSolidSolution?
#NeedsMoarCowbell!
#TryDuctTape.
#LegacyApproved!
#5X5!(FiveBiFive)

Jackstar

Quote from: Lilith on July 20, 2020, 11:22:31 AM
MV:

#ReleaseTheRubiniCut! from July 10th.

#ReleaseTheRubini/DMDNetworkSpecSheet! from July 17th.

[attachment=1]

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 14, 2020, 06:07:15 PM
Lee has leeft the buileeding

I'd pour out a magnum of Krystal to honor his memory, but that stuff is a little hard to come by right now.

I'd like to order 10,000 peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches--for delivery, don't waste my time with curbside pickup. I'd like that now, please.

MV/Liberace!

I bought one of these.  Amazing piece of equipment.  It should arrive Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacs9vy56VA

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on August 15, 2020, 11:26:04 PM
I bought one of these.  Amazing piece of equipment.  It should arrive Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacs9vy56VA

That is damn cool.  I really like that "UltraNet" thing for the monitor mix, did you buy the "proprietary" Berhinger doo-hicky that does that particular Du-Wop?

The Shure SM-57's are an okay microphone, I never used them for voice they are excellent drum-mics, had five I think? Plus a big one for the kicks, I can't quite recall, but the Shure SM Beta52 looks very much like it.

I still like the physical knobs and sliders on a physical board, apparently that is simply "not done" anymore.

Damn, you are set up to do some recording if you want to, now you just have to acquire a total of 16 microphones!  I like the effects being built in as well.  That looks like a really fun new toy!

I really like that proprietary "UltraNet" custom monitor mix.  I had to use two of my Auxs for monitors, and sometimes it was a bitch with picky ass musicians "I can't hear my own voice..."  I had one mix for the drummer, HE got to hear whatever the fuck he wanted.  The rest of them had to share one mix they could agree on, or NOTHING!!!!  But, lawd, the bitchy ones that did not have a monitor system of their own?  Faaaaak.  I made them all sound fantastic in spite of themselves, I am that bad-ass!

If it is feasible and you want to, I could try my hand at running a mix remotely from the comfort of the PFDRP sometime.  I would be happy to conduct a field test, if you like.  Shoot me a [b[PM]/b], oh...  Well the Vox, skype etc all work as well I suppose.

Hah!

-p

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on August 16, 2020, 12:18:04 AM
That is damn cool.  I really like that "UltraNet" thing for the monitor mix, did you buy the "proprietary" Berhinger doo-hicky that does that particular Du-Wop?

I won't need it because the xr18 has 6 aux sends, each of which can be used to provide musicians their own custom in ear monitor mix. However, I do find Behringer's ultranet protocol to be interesting and I've spent some time looking into it.

If it is feasible and you want to, I could try my hand at running a mix remotely from the comfort of the PFDRP sometime.  I would be happy to conduct a field test, if you like.

Are you saying you want to control my mixer from your location? This sounds painful.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on August 16, 2020, 12:33:36 AM
Are you saying you want to control my mixer from your location? This sounds painful.

I'll allow it.

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on August 16, 2020, 12:33:36 AM
I won't need it because the xr18 has 6 aux sends, each of which can be used to provide musicians their own custom in ear monitor mix. However, I do find Behringer's ultranet protocol to be interesting and I've spent some time looking into it.

There are "other" things you can do with Aux Sends besides dedicate them to Monitor mixes, anyway.  If the "Ultranet" thing is a sexy as it appeared in the brief description in the video, you could dedicate those 6 Aux sends to other "tasks."

Yes, I would love to remotely run your damn mixer!  It would be less painful as a listener that is intimately familiar with the things (although a bit rusty, it's been a few years, but my Jedi training was completed)...  Anyway, I don't know if that is possible, it would be interesting to see, if you could turn the task of "running the board" over to someone else while you focus on making radio lemonade, as a bonus, you could blame me for any technical difficulties!

I would be interested to see if you can make all the microphone connections from their various Skype, actual microphone, telephone etc sources at your studio and deal with all the "roadie" flunky shit of cables and what not, while I at a remote place far from your fetid breaths, gaseous emanations and unsightly appearance make you sound like a meliflous(sp), radio GAWD with my mastery of the sound board running.

It would seem to me to be quite simple, you blather on about whatever the hell it is you are talking about, and try not to point microphones at speakers;  I will, on occasion, make subtle .25-.5 degree turns to virtual knobs in clockwise or counterclockwise directions as my experience in these things dictates necessary.  Perhaps a slider will be brought down an order of magnitude appropriate for the Log(?) scale which I believe it is designed around.  And other such magical workings, until it is PERFECT.  Then I will probably want to see if I can put a child-proof lock on it and return control to you!

Ahahahahhaaa!   I keed!

But, SiriusLee, it would be wonderful fodder for a Spec Sheet show, the results of this test.  I do not wish to co-host, nay.  Put me in the control room sir.  I enjoy this work, it is easy for me.  The ladies like the soundguy, for he is mysterious and does not wish to be bothered, but does leer back sometimes drunkenly, but not too drunk to run the board.

That last bit probably does not translate to this case, but I have fond memories of mammaries!

I have said too much!

-p

MV/Liberace!

I think we could just use a VPN which you'd connect to on a tablet, with the mixer located on that same vpn on my end, and you should be able to see the mixer from your end. It would be an interesting experiment.