• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 25, 2014, 01:52:30 PM
unlike most facets of general life and existence, the inclusion of a ginger has been highly beneficial to this show.  we must maintain the ginger.

Point taken.

http://youtu.be/bUhLIjlTNSk

Peg

I have never thought of my red hair and fair skin as anything negative other than I almost burst into flames in the sunshine. LOL I always thought if I could just connect my freckles I would be so tan.  Never gonna happen. Thank goodness there are no camps like that in Idaho.

jazmunda

I reckon I could watch all 10 hours of that if I had 10 hours to spare.

Tarbaby

Quote from: MV on March 25, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
The Spec Sheet will return to a regular weekly schedule very soon.  I'll have a date/time for you guys asap.
Great News! I've been withering from weekly squashed anticipation as I checked for new episodes.

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on March 26, 2014, 01:42:22 AM
I reckon I could watch all 10 hours of that if I had 10 hours to spare.

If someone had the time to put together 10 hours worth of content for consumption in one sitting, you'd think The Gingerking and MV would be able to put out a 1 hour show once in a while.  Sheesh.  And you Jazmunda, not even showing up for the latest gabcast?   You don't deserve even 1 minute of ginger dubstep.

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet returns to a weekly schedule beginning Thursday, March 27th at 7PM Central.  Call the show at 573-837-4948.  Visit UFOShip.com where you can listen live and chat during the show.

area51drone

I'll believe it when I hear it.   I want my 12 month subscription money back.. oh, wait..

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on March 25, 2014, 01:48:38 PM
Will I be replacing Curtis?

is it wrong that in my dreams I like to pretend I am you?

wr250

what ? no fatties? i guess im out. aldous likes to smoke fatties, is he out too?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on March 27, 2014, 10:38:17 AM
what ? no fatties? i guess im out. aldous likes to smoke fatties, is he out too?

in retrospect, guess i'm out, too.

Quote from: MV on March 26, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
The Spec Sheet returns to a weekly schedule beginning Thursday, March 27th at 7PM Central.  Call the show at 573-837-4948.  Visit UFOShip.com where you can listen live and chat during the show.

That's what I'm talking about!

Quote from: MV on March 26, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!

MV/Liberace!

The latest episode is now posted here.  Thanks for listening.

MV/Liberace!

I've uploaded another copy of the show with less audio processing.  It sounds waaaay better.  If you've already downloaded the show, please download it again (unless you already heard it all).  Now that Curtis and I are both using mic processors, there's really no need to apply any processing to the audio.

bateman

Quote from: MV on March 28, 2014, 04:32:25 PM
I've uploaded another copy of the show with less audio processing.  It sounds waaaay better.  If you've already downloaded the show, please download it again (unless you already heard it all).  Now that Curtis and I are both using mic processors, there's really no need to apply any processing to the audio.

Mic processors are a beautiful thing. I recently acquired an old Orban 787A, but I'll be picking up the Symetrix 528E in the near future.

/radiogeek

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on March 28, 2014, 04:40:44 PM
Mic processors are a beautiful thing. I recently acquired an old Orban 787A, but I'll be picking up the Symetrix 528E in the near future.

/radiogeek

i'm not familiar with either of those.  i might have used one or the other in radio and not known it.  who can say.  curtis and i both have the dbx 286s.  it's an awesome product at the sub $200 price point.

bateman

Quote from: MV on March 28, 2014, 04:42:41 PM
i'm not familiar with either of those.  i might have used one or the other in radio and not known it.  who can say.  curtis and i both have the dbx 286s.  it's an awesome product at the sub $200 price point.
The Orban was big in the 90s, and they're mainly using the Symetrix at WABC now. They're using this Wheatstone digital processor in some of the studios too, which I think sounds like ass. Analog > digital any day.

The General

Loved the post script on the latest episode.  Cracked me up.  It's sad that the Gabcast, a podcast about Falkie and Pooping, is beating us both on downloads.  I'm going to have to introduce more poop talk and more box fans into my show.  I gotta give the people what they want!!!  More Falkie Talk!  More Poo Stories!!!

Of course I'm kidding.  I enjoy the gabcast.  Especially the parts about Falkie and pooping.

eddie dean

Quote from: bateman on March 28, 2014, 04:55:25 PM
The Orban was big in the 90s, and they're mainly using the Symetrix at WABC now. They're using this Wheatstone digital processor in some of the studios too, which I think sounds like ass. Analog > digital any day.

I was looking at the specs and pictures for the symetrix.This is what I absolutely love about a well designed mid to high end processor. Connectivity options!!  1/4 jacks for side-chain and various input/output options for each processor stage. brilliant!!

I'm struggling with my setup because I love the noise gate option on the dbx 286a, but I don't like the sound of the mic pre amp or the compressor. I 'd love to have the option of using my favorite mic pre/compressor (Universal Audio La-610)  and inserting only the noise gate from the dbx. I could run the dbx as a 'line in' into the La-610, but 2 gain stages=twice the noise.

Tarbaby

MV & Curtis: Good to hear you guys again! From the very first strains of intro bumper music I get that great deja vu SpecSheet feeling.

MV: You are one lucky guy to have such a beautiful daughter at 19 months learning to talk. I was grinning from ear to ear; it was such a lovely moment. Could you add her to the host panel? ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: The General on March 28, 2014, 05:15:12 PM
Loved the post script on the latest episode.  Cracked me up.  It's sad that the Gabcast, a podcast about Falkie and Pooping, is beating us both on downloads.  I'm going to have to introduce more poop talk and more box fans into my show.  I gotta give the people what they want!!!  More Falkie Talk!  More Poo Stories!!!

Of course I'm kidding.  I enjoy the gabcast.  Especially the parts about Falkie and pooping.

yes, yes. feel the power of the dark side. let the poop flow through you.
Never underestimate the power of a poop story &  Falkie butt hurt. :)
bwahahahahahah!
[attachimg=1]

BTW the sucess of the Gabcast is purely accidental. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on March 28, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

MV: You are one lucky guy to have such a beautiful daughter at 19 months learning to talk. I was grinning from ear to ear; it was such a lovely moment. Could you add her to the host panel? ;)

I really do love the opportunity to rub her cuteness in peoples' faces, but I try to limit it. She's something else.

Quote from: MV on March 28, 2014, 06:16:21 PM
I really do love the opportunity to rub her cuteness in peoples' faces, but I try to limit it. She's something else.

Time for a longterm project to finance MV's daughter as dictator of the planet in twenty-seven years.

Current government(s) are sinking mankind into a gelatinous abyss. I say give MV's little firecracker a shot. Why not? Have to do something before the newest generation of tweeting facebooking texting self entitled without working for it rubes extinguish the light completely.

But the ancient Greeks said the same thing I guess.

BobGrau

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 28, 2014, 06:55:36 PM
Time for a longterm project to finance MV's daughter as dictator of the planet in twenty-seven years.

Current government(s) are sinking mankind into a gelatinous abyss. I say give MV's little firecracker a shot. Why not? Have to do something before the newest generation of tweeting facebooking texting self entitled without working for it rubes extinguish the light completely.

But the ancient Greeks said the same thing I guess.

Nah, she's going to be the new Art Bell.

saucerlike

Haven't listened yet but the Spec Sheet has the best intro music, hands down.  No butthurt allowed @the other hosts 'round here.  Anyone know who made that tune?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: saucerlike on March 29, 2014, 11:16:28 AM
Haven't listened yet but the Spec Sheet has the best intro music, hands down.  No butthurt allowed @the other hosts 'round here.  Anyone know who made that tune?

It's from Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job. You can see the video if you go to YouTube and search for Mini Van Highway.

steelbot

Great Episode Gents - My belief on the call is that it was Casio - sounded like him. 

(BTW THIS IS NO BULLSHIT, my latest adblock+ is no longer functioning 100 percent and some things slip thru, yet fully updated version.) - BUT i have gotten 3 or 4 video adverts on youtube now that had a 5 second Casiodarkmoon video on it, WTF IS THAT ABOUT! pardon my french!

Surface also is no longer offering some shitty version of the keyboard they had been...without advertising it. 

Gonna say depending on how close/far away you were I'd want some HD photos =P , but are you in the vaporization proximity or entirely blinded and put on fire and actually feel agonizing pain lol - i'd say you probably have to live within 1 mile and 25-50 mile radius depending on wind patterns if your west your probably fine in most cases, so keep going west when possible.

I would also mention that pakistan/india are probably the two most watched nuke states besides the top 5/6 of us, because of their own strife and close proximity, additionally their radar system is an automatic response type versus man require to push the button.  An all or nothing launch upon detection of the othersides launch.  There can't be the close calls like there was between USSR and the US.

I do disagree about the cold war, I just think it's Cold War II, begun this cold war hasz. 

Either way decent show guys liked the content.  I'll try to listen live next time.