The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NXOEED on December 17, 2013, 02:27:31 AM
I did not for a second think that I was listening to a legitimate terrorist threat, because I know hyperbole when I hear it, and also because I am not an insane person.
To be clear, we chose to leave. It looks like all of the complaints to Keith, if there WERE complaints, came from the idiots at freeartbell.com. If he was able to be shaken by the likes of THEM, then we certainly made the right decision in leaving.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 17, 2013, 11:13:07 AM
To be clear, we chose to leave. It looks like all of the complaints to Keith, if there WERE complaints, came from the idiots at freeartbell.com. If he was able to be shaken by the likes of THEM, then we certainly made the right decision in leaving.

Agreed.  Unfortunately we are in part defined by our associations.  The Spec Sheet presents a higher quality profile by remaining independent for now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Philosopher on December 17, 2013, 11:22:31 AM
Unfortunately we are in part defined by our associations.

I know. That's why I've been trying to ditch Curtis for what feels like a decade. No luck.

NXOEED

Quote from: MV on December 17, 2013, 11:13:07 AM
To be clear, we chose to leave. It looks like all of the complaints to Keith, if there WERE complaints, came from the idiots at freeartbell.com. If he was able to be shaken by the likes of THEM, then we certainly made the right decision in leaving.

Understood. I only mention the indignant freak-out because there seem to be a lot of those within the Dark Matter camp. Choosing to leave was probably the right decision. The internet is no place for people who feel they have to walk on eggshells.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NXOEED on December 17, 2013, 11:49:29 AM
Understood. I only mention the indignant freak-out because there seem to be a lot of those within the Dark Matter camp. Choosing to leave was probably the right decision. The internet is no place for people who feel they have to walk on eggshells.

btw... i lol'ed at your "...and because i am not an insane person" comment.  truth makes funny.

jazmunda

Is there a show tonight or is it too soon from the last show? When can we reasonably expect another show? So unprofessional. The GabCast is holding this network together. I want a raise.

Treading Water

I agree. How are loyal listeners supposed to plan their evenings??   ::)

He's winding down, jaz.  He's winding down.

:P

jazmunda

Quote from: Treading Water on December 17, 2013, 04:53:47 PM
I agree. How are loyal listeners supposed to plan their evenings??   ::)

He's winding down, jaz.  He's winding down.

:P

It's the perfect response to any situation. My wife asked we why our gardener hadn't been in a few weeks and I spontaneously answered, "he's winding down hon, he's winding down". She looked at me like I was crazy but it was so worth it. God bless George ...... and then strike him down.

I think Curtis needs to break out of the sidekick role and take over the show. He can call it:

The Spec Sheet with Curtis Thornton starring Curtis Thornton.

MV/Liberace!

tomorrow night.  8PM EST, 5PM PST.  ufoship.com to listen live/chat.

bwillard01

     Just heard "the explanation," wow.  It is completely, totally and utterly absurd that ANYONE would take that as a serious terrorist threat!  You handled it very gentleman-ly MV, probably a tad more so than I would have.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bwillard01 on December 18, 2013, 07:33:52 PM
     Just heard "the explanation," wow.  It is completely, totally and utterly absurd that ANYONE would take that as a serious terrorist threat!  You handled it very gentleman-ly MV, probably a tad more so than I would have.

thank you, sir.  and no show tonight.  sorry about that.  we are having crazy equipment problems.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: MV on December 18, 2013, 08:02:01 PM
thank you, sir.  and no show tonight.  sorry about that.  we are having crazy equipment problems.
Oh no...everything is just going crazy there? Oh boy that's not good...you should sue everyone for all the damages you're getting there. No show...terrible,  just awful. 
Oh God, Jesus and baby Jesus...what will we do now?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 19, 2013, 03:46:03 PM
Oh God, Jesus and baby Jesus...what will we do now?

when in doubt, internet porn.


Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 05:31:03 PM
when in doubt, internet porn.

Even when not in doubt, internet porn.

DanTSX

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on December 19, 2013, 10:55:20 PM
Even when not in doubt, internet porn.

Some internet porn will send you back to Jesus and Baby Jesus.

Example: The Prune Brothers

What
The
Fuck
:o

area51drone

Can anyone recommend a good tech podcast besides the spec sheet?  I find myself jonesin' for a spec sheet like show during the rest of the week.

WTF.... The Spec Sheet is no longer on the Dark Matter Network?!

b_dubb

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 23, 2013, 02:26:55 AM
WTF.... The Spec Sheet is no longer on the Dark Matter Network?!

//facepalm

Superman's been on a bender.  Yes Spec Sheet is no longer on DRM.  It's time to talk about your drinking Supes. 

Quote from: b_dubb on December 23, 2013, 10:18:58 AM
//facepalm

Superman's been on a bender.  Yes Spec Sheet is no longer on DRM.  It's time to talk about your drinking Supes.

There must be kryptonite in this shit

I haven't been able to spend as much time on here as I'd like due to work obligations lately, and the entire Spec Sheet / Dark Matter thing passed completely under my radar. That really sucks.

area51drone

Well to be fair, if you missed it as well, MV and Mudking decided to leave the network, they weren't booted.  But it essentially was a boot because they were told they couldn't say certain things and they were blamed for Art not being affiliated with network anymore (when really it is probably due to the non compete).   

But I have grown to love the show.. I tried listening to some other tech podcasts yesterday when I had to go for a longer drive, and I just couldn't really get into any of them.  I listened to one which was the antithesis of the Spec Sheet called Windows Weekly, where this bitch who writes for zdnet was just gushing over Steve Ballmer.   The audio was good, even some of the stuff they said was interesting, but it was no spec sheet.  I need a little swearing with my tech talk.

MV/Liberace!

thx, area51.  windows weekly is one i listen to regularly, but i think the show was better when paul thurrott was alone.  for whatever reason, one day, mary jo foley was just "there" and she's been "there" ever since.  i liked the dynamic much better when it was just paul and leo, although leo makes my skin crawl in numerous ways.

Caught up on my Spec Sheet today, and I'm quite surprised by all of that. Has Art been commenting publicly on it? Or did all of his comments come through DMN?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 23, 2013, 04:33:33 PM
Caught up on my Spec Sheet today, and I'm quite surprised by all of that. Has Art been commenting publicly on it? Or did all of his comments come through DMN?

art hasn't said anything about anything, and for all i know, he might not even be aware of what happened.  he also might be completely aware and doesn't give a shit.  either way, i'm sure he'd side with keith's approach to the situation.  they have a history together, and i'm just some dude on the internet.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on December 23, 2013, 06:03:38 PM
art hasn't said anything about anything, and for all i know, he might not even be aware of what happened.  he also might be completely aware and doesn't give a shit.  either way, i'm sure he'd side with keith's approach to the situation.  they have a history together, and i'm just some dude on the internet.

You're not just some dude on the internet, you're The Dude on the .... Oh wait that's onan. Carry on.

area51drone

He's The Dude's midget sidekick.  Good enough for me, but what does that make Curtis?

Quote from: MV on December 23, 2013, 06:03:38 PM
art hasn't said anything about anything, and for all i know, he might not even be aware of what happened.  he also might be completely aware and doesn't give a shit.  either way, i'm sure he'd side with keith's approach to the situation.  they have a history together, and i'm just some dude on the internet.

Yes, I'm sure Art was at least aware of Keith's actions. Has Keith commented publicly on any of this, then?

jazmunda

Spec Sheet tonight?

Jonesying for some tech talk .... said no one ever. Well I'm sure there is a subset of the geek world that gets off listening to tech podcasts. Fucking weirdos.

Seriously though, is there a podcast tonight? I have the lube ready.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 24, 2013, 03:14:27 PM
Spec Sheet tonight?

Seriously though, is there a podcast tonight? I have the lube ready.
Skype connection? Check!

Mind Flayer Monk

Quote from: jazmunda on December 24, 2013, 03:14:27 PM

Seriously though, is there a podcast tonight? I have the lube ready.

Its not like he is busy with Moroccan Christmas.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod