Smart Homes and automation.

Started by DanTSX, October 18, 2020, 07:15:17 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DanTSX

This is the smart home thread.  What are you doing to fill your home with chinese spyware?

I’ve recently updated a large part of the living space to Philips Hue bulbs motion detectors. Pretty damn nice to have location, motion, and other automation features.  The fade-on mornings are nice, and the full color spectrum bulbs make the rooms very attractive at night.


I have some amazon prime day stuff on the way.  The big Alexa speaker and a few small ones plus HD exterior cams.  I’m looking to learn more about the home security setups.


Asuka Langley

Quote from: DanTSX on October 18, 2020, 07:15:17 AM
This is the smart home thread.  What are you doing to fill your home with chinese spyware?

>electricity

nigga please


DanTSX

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 18, 2020, 11:54:09 AM
>electricity

nigga please




Did you invent fusion in your living room or something ?

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on October 18, 2020, 06:22:16 PM

Did you invent fusion in your living room or something ?
Most codes won't allow it anymore for lighting, except for outdoor lighting, like in carriage lamps (ideally with a lawnjockey statue near it.)  Boyer and Landsbury are pissed about that.


WOTR

Quote from: DanTSX on October 18, 2020, 07:15:17 AM
This is the smart home thread.  What are you doing to fill your home with chinese spyware?

I’ve recently updated a large part of the living space to Philips Hue bulbs motion detectors. Pretty damn nice to have location, motion, and other automation features.  The fade-on mornings are nice, and the full color spectrum bulbs make the rooms very attractive at night.


I have some amazon prime day stuff on the way.  The big Alexa speaker and a few small ones plus HD exterior cams.  I’m looking to learn more about the home security setups.

I will be installing a ring doorbell so that 400 police agencies can monitor my conversations and activities without needing a warrant. I will then install a nest thermostat so that they can monitor when I am away from the house. Next on the list of purchases is a "smart" watch to let the Chinese know when I am awake, asleep, when I get stressed, when I exercise and hopefully when I'm imitating Toobin.

To top it off, I will install an Alexa smart speaker and a smart television to watch Amazon prime so that Jeff can get to know my interests intimately and better market to me.

And people pay for this shit and to give corporations and police unfiltered access into their lives?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on November 07, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
I will be installing a ring doorbell so that 400 police agencies can monitor my conversations and activities without needing a warrant. I will then install a nest thermostat so that they can monitor when I am away from the house. Next on the list of purchases is a "smart" watch to let the Chinese know when I am awake, asleep, when I get stressed, when I exercise and hopefully when I'm imitating Toobin.

To top it off, I will install an Alexa smart speaker and a smart television to watch Amazon prime so that Jeff can get to know my interests intimately and better market to me.

And people pay for this shit and to give corporations and police unfiltered access into their lives?

Yeah, most people are idiots. Welcome to hell!

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod