• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Legend of Boggy Creek

Started by Camazotz Automat, October 14, 2020, 10:56:13 PM

I loved the film as a kid.

Tonight a friend and his wife sent this atmospheric pic of the area way back in the bottoms of Fouke, AR near/behind Herb's house in the film. They had a private guide driving them out.

In practical terms, if I were in my friend's shoes, at this point, I would be toying with the idea my guide is a serial killer and wondering if he is thinking the same of me and my thrill kill wife.

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 14, 2020, 10:56:13 PM

I loved the film as a kid.

Tonight a friend and his wife sent this atmospheric pic of the area way back in the bottoms of Fouke, AR near/behind Herb's house in the film. They had a private guide driving them out.

In practical terms, if I were in my friend's shoes, at this point, I would be toying with the idea my guide is a serial killer and wondering if he is thinking the same of me and my thrill kill wife.
I liked that movie as a kid.  Might need to revisit it and see how it holds up.

Ha. Yes. I would definitely go armed (on all sides) on that trip. It could turn into a "Southern Comfort" situation also when out in the swamps.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on October 15, 2020, 04:06:59 PM
Don't forget the sequel!  :D

Heh... it’s got to be good if MST3K riffed it.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 15, 2020, 04:12:45 PM

"Keep Circulating The Tapes"   8)

Quote from: ItsOver on October 15, 2020, 04:12:45 PM

Quote from: Ciardelo on October 15, 2020, 04:31:46 PM
"Keep Circulating The Tapes"   8)

If MST3K riffed the first Boggy Creek film and the moment came when the narrator says, "The creek. He always follows the creek," Tom Servo would say, "Oh, I get it. I follow Boggy Creek, therefore I am. Well, whoopty Descartes shit."

chefist

Horny, Hairy Cajuns! Great Cinema!