• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

GabCast Show Prep Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 01, 2020, 05:43:37 PM

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2020, 11:36:09 AM
I’ve never met a fruitcake that I enjoyed.  They have made good doorstops, though.

lol

This is the only correct opinion on fruitcakes.

SredniVashtar

Fruitcakes are just richly spiced turds. They go in and come out looking much the same. If someone offers me a slice of fruitcake they're presenting me with a slab of indigestible misery. No wonder these gloomy Nordics find it so appealing. They probably have a special giant herring flavoured one they scamper around at the end of the year while sacrificing goats to Odin.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2020, 11:36:09 AM
Maybe you can work some personal baking wizardry here, Dubb, but I’ve never met a fruitcake that I enjoyed.  They have made good doorstops, though.

There are historical reasons for that which would make a great podcast.  Maybe I will give it a go around Christmas.  Do you have any objection to good-quality candied fruit and nuts generally such as you might find in southern Europe where it is an art?  Just a simple candied chestnut is one of the most delectable things I have ever tasted.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 02, 2020, 11:52:46 AM
Fruitcakes are just richly spiced turds. They go in and come out looking much the same. If someone offers me a slice of fruitcake they're presenting me with a slab of indigestible misery. No wonder these gloomy Nordics find it so appealing. They probably have a special giant herring flavoured one they scamper around at the end of the year while sacrificing goats to Odin.

Shreddie what was that cake you were telling me you remember from Christmas, with the chocolate on top?  I have been meaning to try it.  Not Madeira cake but some name like that.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 11:54:59 AM
There are historical reasons for that which would make a great podcast.  Maybe I will give it a go around Christmas.  Do you have any objection to good-quality candied fruit and nuts generally such as you might find in southern Europe where it is an art?  Just a simple candied chestnut is one of the most delectable things I have ever tasted.

Here’s something to ponder.  Would you whip up your ideal fruitcake, ship it to Lee, and would Lee taste test it live during a GabCast?  If Lee declines, we could substitute Groyper.  I believe he might consume anything that was free.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2020, 12:20:51 PM
Here’s something to ponder.  Would you whip up your ideal fruitcake, ship it to Lee, and would Lee taste test it live during a GabCast?  If Lee declines, we could substitute Groyper.  I believe he might consume anything that was free.

I think Lee would be hard pressed to be within visual range of another Bellgab poster, Groyper would definitely take one for the team.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 11:58:18 AM
Shreddie what was that cake you were telling me you remember from Christmas, with the chocolate on top?  I have been meaning to try it.  Not Madeira cake but some name like that.

Tunis cake. Basically a Madeira cake with a thick layer of chocolate on top. Not chocolate cream, solid chocolate. And they put some marzipan fruit on top.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 02, 2020, 12:42:24 PM
Tunis cake. Basically a Madeira cake with a thick layer of chocolate on top. Not chocolate cream, solid chocolate. And they put some marzipan fruit on top.

Wow.  That looks rather good:

Too bad the main course was some sort of horrible meat pie with fish heads sticking out of it.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 02, 2020, 01:05:21 PM
Wow.  That looks rather good:

Too bad the main course was some sort of horrible meat pie with fish heads sticking out of it.

There's no point stuffing it down your trousers like last time as I've given K_Dubb full authority to subject you to a thorough pat-down.

ItsOver

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 02, 2020, 12:41:59 PM
I think Lee would be hard pressed to be within visual range of another Bellgab poster, Groyper would definitely take one for the team.
Yep.  The Groyp is a man of and for the common deplorable.  Praise Lee and pass the Pepe.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 02, 2020, 12:42:24 PM

Thanks, maybe for Halloween with some appropriate seasonal decorations!  The chocolate in Walks's picture looks like it might be a thick ganache such as I put on my brownies, chocolate melted into heavy cream that solidifies to varying degrees depending on the proportion.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2020, 12:20:51 PM

I'm still on a quest for the ideal fruitcake that respects both the ingredients and the history.  But I am pretty sure, this being bellgab, that whatever I submitted would be tossed, not unceremoniously but with a great deal of fanfare like they do in Colorado, perhaps even with a catapult. 

bellgab.gif

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 02, 2020, 02:50:39 PM
would you like to address these strange animals and strange animal behaviors?

Asked and answered. What a noob.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on October 02, 2020, 03:03:54 PM
Asked and answered. What a noob.

I was going to say adorable but wanted to give you the chance to first. ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 02, 2020, 03:05:33 PM
wanted to give you the chance to first. ;)

My chances to adore Grapefruit are not yours, neither to give, nor to take.

SpaceMeowMaid

OK you don't like that idea how about whistleblowers? I don't really like Snowden, but how about it?
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/united-states-obtains-final-judgment-and-permanent-injunction-against-edward-snowden 
And my favorite Julian Assange...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVruondrvQ

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on October 02, 2020, 03:08:52 PM
My chances to adore Grapefruit are not yours, neither to give, nor to take.

Too late! :P

SpaceMeowMaid

Quantum Computing? Time Crystals?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 02, 2020, 03:11:29 PM
Quantum Computing? Time Crystals?

Lee’s not really into paranormal. The Gabcast is more about the goings on at Bellgab than the shows it originally served as a discussion board for. Start your own podcast about those subjects. I’ll listen. ;)

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on October 01, 2020, 05:43:37 PM
...  Try and keep conversation to a minimum in this thread so I don't have too much bullcrap to scroll through.

Haha, "C'mon, Man!" this is BellGab!

Give me a heads up if you want to mess with that mixer tonight or tomorrow before the shoe.

I will be "listening in" whichever way that goes.

-p

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 02:20:49 PM
I'm still on a quest for the ideal fruitcake that respects both the ingredients and the history.  But I am pretty sure, this being bellgab, that whatever I submitted would be tossed, not unceremoniously but with a great deal of fanfare like they do in Colorado, perhaps even with a catapult. 

bellgab.gif
Hmmm, I thought you might jump at a chance to “wow” us all but am glad to see you are keeping with the indefatigable BellGab spirit of inevitable failure and cannibalism.  Carry on.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2020, 03:53:22 PM
Hmmm, I thought you might jump at a chance to “wow” us all but am glad to see you are keeping with the indefatigable BellGab spirit of inevitable failure and cannibalism.  Carry on.

I been around.

pate

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 02:20:49 PM

bellgab.gif

We definitely need an Official Campaign position on Catapulting.  I am definitely in the pro-Catapulting camp on this one, the specifics will need to be ironed out...  Special licensing or Constitutional Right to Conceal-Carry Catapults?  AG Juan, please research this for us, TIA.

We will also need a snappy name for it.

https://youtu.be/yA2T8mG7KSc

pate/K_Dubb 2020
"We are going to fix this shit"

10-10-20 is fast approaching.  Will 🔥Lit City🔥 go down as prophesized?  Discuss..........

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 02, 2020, 07:47:59 PM
10-10-20 is fast approaching.  Will 🔥Lit City🔥 go down as prophesized?  Discuss..........

May we have the original prophecy for reference?

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: pate on October 02, 2020, 07:26:33 PM
We definitely need an Official Campaign position on Catapulting.  I am definitely in the pro-Catapulting camp on this one, the specifics will need to be ironed out...  Special licensing or Constitutional Right to Conceal-Carry Catapults?  AG Juan, please research this for us, TIA.

We will also need a snappy name for it.

https://youtu.be/yA2T8mG7KSc

pate/K_Dubb 2020
"We are going to fix this shit"

Wonder why that went out of style. I have a vague recollection of people getting shot out of cannons when I was little. Also this was a popular topic in cartoons. Evel Kneival maybe?