• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

GabCast Show Prep Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 01, 2020, 05:43:37 PM

MV/Liberace!

This is a thread where you can submit items to be discussed on The GabCast.  Links to BellGab posts, news articles, your own commentary, whatever.  Try and keep conversation to a minimum in this thread so I don't have too much bullcrap to scroll through.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on October 01, 2020, 05:43:37 PM
This is a thread where you can submit items to be discussed on The GabCast.  Links to BellGab posts, news articles, your own commentary, whatever.  Try and keep conversation to a minimum in this thread so I don't have too much bullcrap to scroll through.
What platform will be used for running comments during the brilliance of the Gabcast? 

UFOShip (maybe could be simulcasted? Technology! For those who just like audio anyway.)

Bellgab   

YouTube (this seemed slow, censored, monitored, and one must be a google member.)

Or something else or combination of all? 

Dr. MD MD

Well, I feel like the topic of DAVID RUBINI was kind of glossed over last time. Perhaps we could get more details to the backstory on this guy and WTF was going with him here?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2020, 05:48:14 PM
What platform will be used for running comments during the brilliance of the Gabcast? 

UFOShip (maybe could be simulcasted? Technology! For those who just like audio anyway.)

Bellgab   

YouTube (this seemed slow, censored, monitored, and one must be a google member.)

Or something else or combination of all?

I'm only planning to use the YT live chat. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2020, 05:49:31 PM
Well, I feel like the topic of DAVID RUBINI was kind of glossed over last time. Perhaps we could get more details to the backstory on this guy and WTF was going with him here?
Good point.  What exactly is a Rubini and do I order it on rye?

Jackstar

This is a thread where you can submit items to be discussed on The GabCast.  Links to BellGab posts, news articles, your own commentary, whatever. 

I would like more people to be aware of how to make their avatar on the forum to be a cute little adorable animated thing. Until you implement forum flair, this is really all we have to distinguish ourselves from each other, and so I think we should all make the most of what opportunities we have.

Try and keep conversation to a minimum in this thread so I don't have too much bullcrap to scroll through.

I can chew all the pads off of my fingers to eliminate their fingerprints as well as to cut down my ability to post if you think it will help any. While this may seem an extreme solution to a very minor problem, that has never stopped anyone here before, so, I thought I would throw it out there.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 06:16:47 PM
Good point.  What exactly is a Rubini and do I order it on rye?

I legitimately had the best hot Reuben sandwich of my life the other day. It was nuts. I got it at some point ettore grocery store out in the middle of the booties out here where I've never been before and I can in the middle of the desert in the whispering Forest there is this... shit I'm really going to need these fingertips aren't I never mind

Tootsie

Quote from: Jackstar on October 01, 2020, 06:24:56 PM
I legitimately had the best hot Reuben sandwich of my life the other day. It was nuts. I got it at some point ettore grocery store out in the middle of the booties out here where I've never been before and I can in the middle of the desert in the whispering Forest there is this... shit I'm really going to need these fingertips aren't I never mind
>:(  hey man

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on October 01, 2020, 06:24:56 PM
I’m getting hungry.  I haven’t had a Reuben in a long time.  Or Ruffles.  A Rueben and Ruffles and I die happy. Just consider this as a potential BellGab topic, Lee, “My last meal preference.”

I wonder what Art enjoyed for his last meal, so to speak?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 06:48:15 PM
I’m getting hungry.  I haven’t had a Reuben in a long time.  Or Ruffles.  A Rueben and Ruffles and I die happy. Just consider this as a BellGab topic, “My last meal preference.”

Choice of beverage to go with? ???

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2020, 06:49:16 PM
Choice of beverage to go with? ???
An ice cold beer.  I’m not picky, plain old regular Bud would do. 

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 06:48:15 PM
I’m getting hungry.  I haven’t had a Reuben in a long time.  Or Ruffles.  A Rueben and Ruffles and I die happy. Just consider this as a potential BellGab topic, Lee, “My last meal preference.”

I wonder what Art enjoyed for his last meal, so to speak?
Sadly, crow.

Considering "legacy" and "Norry gets it."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 06:52:04 PM

I thought for sure you were going to say Hamm’s. Perhaps it only pairs well with sardines? ;)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 06:52:04 PM
Hamm's! And, depending on strength and length of show, side-shots of Evan White Label BIB.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2020, 06:59:36 PM
Hamm's! And, depending on strength and length of show, side-shots of Evan White Label BIB.
Ha!  Hamm’s would work, plus some smooth stuff from Kentucky.  My preference would be Weller with the green label.

I wonder if Lee likes bourbon?

Jackstar

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 07:07:54 PM
Ha!  Hamm’s would work, plus some smooth stuff from Kentucky.  My preference would be Weller with the green label.

I wonder if Lee likes bourbon?
Lee's Pole and Italian background would suggest he would like to knock back vodka or grappa but his fabulous nature I would suspect some highly complex cocktail, with layered colors. Or just some kind of champagne cocktail or a simple, but marvelous, Campari on ice. 

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2020, 05:48:14 PM

Yeah, a non google option would be nice.

ItsOver

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 01, 2020, 08:40:29 PM
Yes.  I didn’t want to fuss with it. I’d prefer something else. 

Ciardelo

Can we talk in your YouTube chat about why one BellGab poster in particular has to have 5 or 6 different YouTube music threads going?

https://youtu.be/FlNIzuIG1n0

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Ciardelo on October 01, 2020, 09:27:34 PM
Can we talk in your YouTube chat about why one BellGab poster in particular has to have 5 or 6 different YouTube music threads going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dh-RL__uN4

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2020, 08:43:14 PM
Agree
+1

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 01, 2020, 08:40:29 PM
Bitchute https://www.bitchute.com/
Vimeo https://vimeo.com/features/livestreaming
Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Live

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2020, 08:55:47 PM
Yes.  I didn’t want to fuss with it. I’d prefer something else. 
Youtube is the bad bad man with the candy van! But I got a candy habit.

K_Dubb

I would love to know your thoughts on fruitcake!  Do you prefer the old style, chopped fruit and nuts, baked low and slow for hours until the whole thing turns black and rich, livened maybe by a little white icing and decorations?  Do you like high and dry the American stained-glass-window style, whole chunked pineapples in garish shades, whole pecans and macadamias, sliced thin so you can see the light through it?  The southern very light fruitcake with pecans and maybe just candied cherries that was supposed to be popular with the sort of people who don't like fruitcake?  Do you consider Texas rum cakes a species of fruit cake because they are drenched in liquor but don't have any fruit?  Are there any local variations on the fruitcake in your area I may not have heard of?

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 10:09:47 AM
I would love to know your thoughts on fruitcake!  Do you prefer the old style, chopped fruit and nuts, baked low and slow for hours until the whole thing turns black and rich, livened maybe by a little white icing and decorations?  Do you like high and dry the American stained-glass-window style, whole chunked pineapples in garish shades, whole pecans and macadamias, sliced thin so you can see the light through it?  The southern very light fruitcake with pecans and maybe just candied cherries that was supposed to be popular with the sort of people who don't like fruitcake?  Do you consider Texas rum cakes a species of fruit cake because they are drenched in liquor but don't have any fruit?  Are there any local variations on the fruitcake in your area I may not have heard of?
Fruitcakes?  ???

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 10:09:47 AM
I would love to know your thoughts on fruitcake! 

Hold the cake.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 02, 2020, 11:31:11 AM
Too early?
Maybe you can work some personal baking wizardry here, Dubb, but I’ve never met a fruitcake that I enjoyed.  They have made good doorstops, though.