• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner is a pussy

Started by Corona Kitty, September 27, 2020, 03:25:03 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 28, 2020, 01:51:02 AM
Jeez, I get told my behaviour is uncouth, and here you are guffawing at one of BellGab's most loved ex-users being sodomised at gun point!

Hyperbole much? Don't be such a whiny stalker Azz, it's not a good look.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 28, 2020, 05:49:04 AM
Don't be such a whiny stalker Azz, it's not a good look.

Okay, alright, fine.

Ciardelo

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 28, 2020, 05:52:06 AM
Okay, alright, fine.

:)

I liked Bateman, his shows were quite good. The mugging seemed to have really taken the starch out of him. Maybe the timing was coincidental.

Bateman posted he saw a psychologist before and after the mugging. He does seem to have an axe to grind against black folks after being mugged by some. His Twitter reflects that. I think he was obviously pissed off about Heather getting the MITD show and not getting any consideration after Art had told Warner he was keeping an eye on him for possible weekend slot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 28, 2020, 06:53:38 AM
Bateman posted he saw a psychologist before and after the mugging. He does seem to have an axe to grind against black folks after being mugged by some. His Twitter reflects that. I think he was obviously pissed off about Heather getting the MITD show and not getting any consideration after Art had told Warner he was keeping an eye on him for possible weekend slot.

Bateman would’ve been a far superior choice for an Art replacement than Heather.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2020, 07:01:53 AM
Bateman would’ve been a far superior choice for an Art replacement than Heather.

Agreed, but so would have a guy farting into a microphone.

AZZERAE

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 28, 2020, 06:53:38 AM
[Bateman] does seem to have an axe to grind against black folks after being mugged by some. His Twitter reflects that.

No one cares.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 28, 2020, 07:33:31 AM
Agreed, but so would have a guy farting into a microphone.

Disagree. Isn’t that all Heather did?

MV/Liberace!

No doubt.

ItsOver

True, but we would have never learned about about peeing dogs and the wonder of painted rocks.  And who knew you could have fire delivered, pre-Covid?

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on September 28, 2020, 08:02:18 AM
True, but we would have never learned about about peeing dogs and the wonder of painted rocks.  And who knew you could have fire delivered, pre-Covid?
Remind me to transfer the VHS tapes of dying dogs to DVD before I go out to paint some rocks. And send them, a trouser press and some kitchen appliances to the cuckshed and get to work on my vampire pumpkins- it is almost that season for them to be burning.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 28, 2020, 08:34:37 AM
Remind me to transfer the VHS tapes of dying dogs to DVD before I go out to paint some rocks. And send them, a trouser press and some kitchen appliances to the cuckshed and get to work on my vampire pumpkins- it is almost that season for them to be burning.
Will do, but I’ve heard Legacy Box has recently been slammed with requests for transferring dying dog tapes and Art Bell cassette transfers.  A dude in Dayton, Ohio cleared out his basement and shipped them a truckload of C Crane VersaCorder tapes.  Some people.  ::)

Oh, yeah, you’d better get on those vampire pumpkins.  We don’t need some crazed Kentucky dog pee-ers staggering around Texas this time of year.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Corona Kitty on September 28, 2020, 03:52:36 AM

I don't know what sun glasses he's wearing I might need to ask Kdubb but I'm wearing Versace.

They could just be classic RayBan aviators but so many companies make that.  I did notice your unmistakable Versace mascaron you are quite the baller papi.  This year they have a pink belt with that as a buckle in a matching matte pink finish that I really want but would never wear.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 28, 2020, 05:55:29 AM
:)

I liked Bateman, his shows were quite good. The mugging seemed to have really taken the starch out of him. Maybe the timing was coincidental.

I would argue it didn't take the starch out of him enough -- I think the phone was just knocked out of his hand.  But rushing home to call the Gabcast about it, addressing Heather's stupid games that everyone was already laughing at head-on, clearly offended, instead of with a dismissive wave and a chuckle, and that one abortive show he did where there were some minor technical difficulties that iirc were not apparent to the listener are signs of a fragile, precious genius that can't just roll with stuff.  I am going to sound like albrecht here but he needed to be "schooled", "taken behind the woodshed", any number of euphemisms for generally toughening up.

Of course we have our own methods hahaha.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 28, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
...I am going to sound like albrecht here but he needed to be "schooled", "taken behind the woodshed", any number of euphemisms for generally toughening up.

Ha!  Oh don’t you just wish... naughty boy.  :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on September 28, 2020, 10:32:06 AM
Ha!  Oh don’t you just wish... naughty boy.  :D

I really think it is the only way to get dark city on the air again.

Jackstar

signs of a fragile, precious genius that can't just roll with stuff

It's been some time now. By now, I bet he's learned to roll a lot better.

chefist

I agree as well...my only thought is that if Art's replacement on terrestrial radio (Noory) reduced listeners from 12 million to 2 million...what would an online replacement reduce a much smaller base to?

Basically, Art was to be replaced by a complete unknown...you are clearly going to lose most of your audience. Would Bateman have changed that? Maybe, but I doubt it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on September 28, 2020, 10:42:20 AM

Not if he is blocking Hot Papi over there and hiding in his apartment railing against BLM on the daily, still traumatized.  It makes me wonder whether he learned anything in his time here at bellgab, and how he can survive in New York.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 28, 2020, 11:08:27 AM
railing against BLM on the daily...

They’re self-admitted communists. Everyone should be railing against them. I really like this Steve Warner guy.

paladin1991

Quote from: Liberace! on September 28, 2020, 01:43:34 AM

I don't know if Bateman's life flashed before his eyes, but if it did, his BellGab "Hours Online" stat probably found its way into the regret column at that moment.

LOL.  Maybe there was more to the incident than he let on.  Wonder if when the coppers showed up in the secluded alley way he had been loitering in, took  one sniff, "Yep, it smells like another one, 'blood, latex and regret.'

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2020, 11:10:25 AM
They’re self-admitted communists. Everyone should be. I really like this Steve Warner guy.

Doc, I have a prescription for you...

paladin1991

Quote from: Corona Kitty on September 28, 2020, 03:47:34 AM
A lot of my recent shows have been quite politically charged and that includes cancel culture and the second place culture.

looks like I have to check out your archives.

Dr. MD MD

paladin1991

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 28, 2020, 09:56:52 AM
  This year they have a pink belt with that as a buckle in a matching matte pink finish that I really want but would never wear.

Oh, stop.  Everyone knows that you'd wear that gaudy shit to the shitter. You are such a bullshitter.  (Now, see what you did there?  You have me shitting all over this post.)

paladin1991

I would argue it didn't take the starch out of him enough -- I think the phone was just knocked out of his hand.  But rushing home to call the Gabcast about it, addressing Heather's stupid games that everyone was already laughing at head-on, clearly offended, instead of with a dismissive wave and a chuckle, and that one abortive show he did where there were some minor technical difficulties that iirc were not apparent to the listener are signs of a fragile, precious genius that can't just roll with stuff.  I am going to sound like albrecht here but he needed to be "schooled", "taken behind the woodshed", any number of euphemisms for generally toughening up.

Just how much, uh, starch would you extract fm the old boy?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 28, 2020, 11:32:27 AM
This is not a pill.

So, from your perspective, anyone who doesn’t embrace communisim should be roto rootered? ???

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on September 28, 2020, 10:42:20 AM

For all we know, he's sitting at some small jewish diner, in a grubby trench coat, wearing slippers and begging for a cup of hot water, ketchup and ''Please, just some fucking crackers!" all the while pretending that he is Robert Deniro in Taxi Driver.  "You talking to me?'