• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why can't Jackstar write a coherent post?

Started by AZZERAE, September 11, 2020, 05:38:22 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 11, 2020, 01:25:48 PM
We don't need any more glum cunts.

She was a lot more glum before she spent five minutes with me, I'll tell you what.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 11, 2020, 11:38:54 AM
At risk of being pedantic I would argue that Jacky's posts are coherent in the original sense of the word. 

Looks like someone decided they didn't want to cherish the mystery any longer. Sad!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on September 11, 2020, 05:09:24 PM
Looks like someone decided they didn't want to cherish the mystery any longer. Sad!

I'm sorry, Jacky.  I woke up cranky and struck at you out of nothing more than envy at your powers of invention, like critics everywhere.  You are the real bard here; I am just a hack.  Sulk for as long as you need but, please, forgive me. 

Dr. MD MD

Wow! This must’ve been what it was like when Keats and Shelley blew each other. Only on Bellgab!

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 11, 2020, 06:16:10 PM
You are the real bard here; I am just a hack.

Well, cheer up! Once our highly restrictive and controlling NDAs and NCAs expire, I could teach you how to post a lot better.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on September 11, 2020, 08:50:23 AM
A better question is why does he post so much?  Sure, he loves us all, but, for crap’s sake, go walk the dog or stare at the mirror every once in awhile.
Or even, should I say it, Jack off?

Silphion

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 11, 2020, 06:16:10 PM
I'm sorry, Jacky.  I woke up cranky and struck at you out of nothing more than envy at your powers of invention, like critics everywhere.  You are the real bard here; I am just a hack.  Sulk for as long as you need but, please, forgive me.

... more like prolific katzenjammer and sock puppeteer extraordinaire.

[attachment=1]

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 11, 2020, 11:24:47 PM
[attachment=2,msg1420214] [attachment=1,msg1420214]

Careful, astute readers of this website forum will recognize that I've had samples of incoherent writing posted here long before Grapefruit ever left the orchard and was delivered to Big-City BellGab by Yours Truly.

Further: very careful readers of this website forum will recognize that I have rarely been so coherent the entire time I've been here, as I have been lately.

Reminder: I've got nothing to prove to you people. Instead, it is you all... who have proven things to me.

Silphion

Quote from: Jackstar on September 11, 2020, 11:27:36 PM

Careful, astute readers of this website forum will recognize that I've had samples of incoherent writing posted here long before Grapefruit ever left the orchard and was delivered to Big-City BellGab by Yours Truly.

Further: very careful readers of this website forum will recognize that I have rarely been so coherent the entire time I've been here, as I have been lately.

Reminder: I've got nothing to prove to you people. Instead, it is you all... who have proven things to me.

Well, smack me daft; there goes another pearl in the old spitoon.

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 11, 2020, 11:43:12 PM
another pearl in the old spitoon

If I could tell you how it's bigger on the inside, you'd have enough pearls to swim in.

AZZERAE

And people complained about Metron at the time.

Jackstar

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 12, 2020, 03:29:32 AM
And people complained about Metron at the time.

Well, to be fair: the Metron account was often allowed to be piloted by actual lunatics. I'm not sure why that was thought to be a good idea, but I imagine it was to get people--at least mildly--prepared for their eventual future. Do you think albrecht is the only one around here who can see the future? Think again.

Let's get real: If no one here had ever done anything like this here before, there would simply be nothing to compare it to here, and absolutely no one would be able to discern that I was any good at it.

I've never taken a polygraph test, but I've read about them at length, and let me tell you what: without getting a solid baseline set, ain't nothing's gonna make any sense at all.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Jackstar on September 12, 2020, 03:36:50 AM

An artist I admire once said, in an in interview, that he was only trying to make work that interested him. So that's your angle, huh.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 12, 2020, 06:54:14 AM
An artist I admire once said, in an in interview, that he was only trying to make work that interested him. So that's your angle, huh.

I think that’s all any artist can do. When your objective becomes to interest others you’ve become a marketer. However, there may be an art to that as well.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 12, 2020, 06:57:14 AM
I think [making work that interests oneself is] all any artist can do. When your objective becomes to interest others you’ve become a marketer.

That's what makes Crumb so great.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 12, 2020, 06:57:14 AM
I think that’s all any artist can do.

There's a select few who can also perform auto-fellatio. How they do that without flooding their lungs with the contents of their stomach, I'll never know--too risqué risky.

Jackstar

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 12, 2020, 07:36:31 AM
That's what makes Crumb so great.

Note the salon. The star on his lapel? Oh, yeah--that's just a coinky-dink.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 12, 2020, 02:28:20 PM
Will or Abe?

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 12, 2020, 02:28:20 PM
Will or Abe?

Geez it was so long ago, I forget. He was a lot younger than me and we didn't hang out... I just knew who he was because of course it was a big deal that everyone always talked about. When I think of it now, it was not really a big deal. It was weird that everyone was enthralled.

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on September 12, 2020, 03:49:52 PM
It was weird that everyone was enthralled.

This doesn't look like anything unusual to me.