• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Never seen a bomb this big JUST IN Beirut!!! non nuke I think

Started by Stellar, August 04, 2020, 01:08:12 PM

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: paladin1991 link=topic=1308quote author=Jackstar link=topic=13085.msg1410130#msg1410130 date=1596586289]
We ballin.

I love you. I'm sorry you are so mad at me. I will love you anyway! More. And I will go alone. Please take care of my kitty if I get thrown in the clinker!

SpaceMeowMaid

And I had nothing to do with that bomb... But I do love me some blasting, just not if anybody loses their constitutions.. Takes the fun out of it IMO

Jackstar

Quote from: Kirsten Anne Elizabeth Hall on August 05, 2020, 04:44:04 AM
I love you. [...] Please take care of my kitty if I get thrown in the clinker!

Yeah, I'll take care of your pussy better than you took care of yours, lol

Don't worry. You've been handled.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 04, 2020, 04:45:54 PM
BBC News - Beirut blast: Dozens dead and thousands injured, health minister says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53656220

2750 tons of ammonium nitrate?

The power of the shock wave at distance was incredible.  I doubt that the world has ever seen a non-nuclear explosion of that magnitude (est. 2.2 Kilotons) since the Yucatán asteroid strike with the possible exception Tunguska or some of the major volcanic eruptions. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 05, 2020, 02:02:40 PM
The power of the shock wave at a distance was incredible.  I doubt that the world has ever seen a non-nuclear explosion of that magnitude (est. 2.2 Kilotons) with the possible exception of an asteroid strike on the order of Tanguska or the volcanic eruption that created the Yellowstone Caldera?
Krakatoa's 1883 explosion was supposedly heard over 2K miles away. Anyone within 10 miles went deaf, assuming they lived. The pressure wave circled the world 3 times and was detected by barographs all over the world. Estimated 200 megatons, larger than the biggest nuke ever set off. 

Texas City explosion (not the most recent one) 'only' had 2300 tons of ammonia nitrate for the initial explosion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_disaster

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 05, 2020, 02:16:06 PM
Krakatoa's 1883 explosion was supposedly heard over 2K miles away. Anyone within 10 miles went deaf, assuming they lived. The pressure wave circled the world 3 times and was detected by barographs all over the world. Estimated 200 megatons, larger than the biggest nuke ever set off. 

Texas City explosion (not the most recent one) 'only' had 2300 tons of ammonia nitrate for the initial explosion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_disaster

I've been to Texas City, the photos of the devastation compared to how things look now are astonishing.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 05, 2020, 02:20:00 PM
I've been to Texas City, the photos of the devastation compared to how things look now are astonishing.
I had a relative who was out in the Gulf doing some work for Humble and they had to boat in and help collect bodies or parts thereof. Didn't talk much of it but horrible. Crazy destruction. The infamous anchor that flew miles etc.  Grain silos and coal facilities can also have big explosions when dust in the air ignites.

As as aside I got a friend who is a Fire Marshal and he said that stories are true. Hay can spontaneously combust, usually when put away wet and he says fairly frequently they need to put out such fires in the summer here.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 05, 2020, 02:29:49 PM
As as aside I got a friend who is a Fire Marshal and he said that stories are true. Hay can spontaneously combust, usually when put away wet and he says fairly frequently they need to put out such fires in the summer here.

What common cooking ingredient, found in nearly every American kitchen, can be combined with instant chocolate pudding to form a high explosive?

You can email your answers to me. It's a great riddle. It gets better every time I tell it.

Choo-choo.

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on August 05, 2020, 04:44:04 AM
Please take care of my kitty if I get thrown in the clinker!

You're not getting thrown into the clinker. If anywhere, you're getting thrown into bed.

And, believe you me, I'm going to take care of that... kitty. Not just because my life basically depends on it now, it's because I love your kitty.

Clergical policy. It's basically all I have left right!

Kidnostad3

I’d like to know if the large amount of ammonium nitrate stored in the Beirut complex was the amount typically required for agricultural purpose or was It excessive.  Obviously, ammonium nitrate is not optimal for use as a weapon when compared to TNT, HE or even black powder because it takes a lot in comparison with the above to do comparable damage.    However, being primarily used for peaceful purposes it is relatively uncontrolled and readily available. How many truck bombs could be made from the amount stored in excess of legitimate requirements. 

Lebanon is under the control of Hamas and Hezbollah.  If the explosion was was an act of sabotage by Israel or another interested state to eliminate the threat that the massive amount of IN represented, oh well, that’s just show biz...

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 05, 2020, 05:12:55 PM
I’d like to know if the large amount of ammonium nitrate stored is the amount typically required for agricultural purpose or was It excessive. 

I heard that Charlie Sheen can slam that stuff a pound at a time so...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 05, 2020, 02:02:40 PM
The power of the shock wave at distance was incredible.  I doubt that the world has ever seen a non-nuclear explosion of that magnitude (est. 2.2 Kilotons) since the Yucatán asteroid strike with the possible exception Tunguska or some of the major volcanic eruptions.

For comparison, Russia’s answer to our own Mother of All Bombs(MOAB), the Father of All Bombs(FOAB) was the equivalent of 44 tons of TNT.

The OKC bombing was estimated at the equivalent of 2.5 tons of TNT.

The ammonium nitrate explosion in West, Texas in 2013 ignited about 10 tons. Here’s what it looked like from 300 yds away.

https://youtu.be/jzDC3iKbTzY

Not sure if that little girl ever recovered her hearing.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 05, 2020, 05:12:55 PM
I’d like to know if the large amount of ammonium nitrate stored in the Beirut complex was the amount typically required for agricultural purpose or was It excessive.  Obviously, ammonium nitrate is not optimal for use as a weapon when compared to TNT, HE or even black powder because it takes a lot in comparison with the above to do comparable damage.    However, being primarily used for peaceful purposes it is relatively uncontrolled and readily available. How many truck bombs could be made from the amount stored in excess of legitimate requirements. 

Lebanon is under the control of Hamas and Hezbollah.  If the explosion was was an act of sabotage by Israel or another interested state to eliminate the threat that the massive amount of IN represented, oh well, that’s just show biz...

I believe that Shlomo, Jackstar and 'the boys' made their displeasure kown.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 07, 2020, 01:26:47 AM
Shlomo, Jackstar and 'the boys'

Sweet Jesus: an actual retard. I'll pray for you, Trooper. Crack another dose, you've so earned it, clearly.
Don't ever contact me again.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 05, 2020, 06:29:53 PM
Not sure if that little girl ever recovered her hearing.

Well, if not, tragic as that might be, at least she's immune to Pelosi's Pied Piper flute recital.
Living that close to Bush Central, she would probably have just been going to be trafficked anyway, so it's probably still for the best that facility was taken out.
Also, let's not be too judgy. Just think, what if your wife were deaf? You might wind up more convincing. I'm just saying... you know nothing about reality, so your whining really doesn't land well on rational shores.

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on August 05, 2020, 04:44:04 AM
I love you. I'm sorry you are so mad at me. I will love you anyway! More.

QuoteNow we're drunk and we can bang all I want and I won't even feel it!"

Welcome to Amateur Hour.

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on August 07, 2020, 01:50:53 AM
... what if your wife were deaf?..

I never thought of that, actually;  I have.  There is this nice looking lady that I see occasionally see walking a really cool looking dog, I have often thought that it was a Belgian Malnois.  One day, I called out to her asking if that's what her dog was.  She held her hand to her ear in indication that she didn't understand my question, so I crossed the street and reapeated it a little louder.  She was an excellent lip reader and could speak pretty damn well, better than my deaf cousin can in fact.

When she said "he is a German Shepard/Lab mix" I repeated the words Belgian Malnois, and noticed that a quarter-CHUBB seemed to have instantly developed.  She still did not understand, so I immediately whipped out my little black note-book and my sharpie and wrote the words Belgian Malnois on a blank page, tore it out of the notebook and handed it to her.

She read it, still with a slightly confused, perplexed and interested look and stuck it in her pocket.  Smiled at me in a quite radiant manner, gave a half-nod and continued her walk.

I always wave when I see her, and the pleasant quarter-CHUBB, or twitch-in-the-drawers resurfaces.  Every, damn time.  She always smiles and waves, nods or something in return.  I have not seen her in awhile, maybe she has altered her dog walk pattern?  I also don't frequent the neighborhood she apparently lives in, and it would be damn creepy if I were to just hang out waiting for our paths to cross again.  I do have a lot of shit to fix, and this sort of weird stalking would probably take away from that.

I also kick myself for not writing my name and phone number on the piece of paper.  Every, damn time.  She probably has a boyfriend that makes her sing like a whale when she is in the throes of ecstasy.  I bet that is totally hawt!  I am a mildly jealouse of this notional boyfriend, lucky duck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q9UafsiQ6k

I need to lose my genteel spirit probably...

-p

/self-reported, off-topic