• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Those Were The Days - A Fun Look At Old BellGab Posts

Started by Rix Gins, July 16, 2020, 02:36:36 PM

Rix Gins

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 06:58:13 PMDid you call into his show drunk? Were you being an ass on his show? He could have just hung up on you and not bothered to talk to you off the air. I'll bet that's more than most radio show hosts would do.
Quote from: Yining_Wu_F.U. on December 13, 2015, 07:15:32 PMyes I was drunk. I kept forgetting what I called about. I would remember for a second and then forget again. I kept telling Art hold on, hold on, but he is such an impatient jerk he wouldn't stop rushing me. then off the air he was smoking right away, I heard the lighter and he took a drag between "stupid" and "sh*thead"
From the Bend Over For Art thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: yodaterrell on January 13, 2013, 10:43:13 PMBack in 2009 I had severe Lyme Disease.  I was granted a wish by the Make-A-Wish foundation.  I wanted to go to the Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.  My family got to stay at this resort with other kids who were there for the same reason I was.  One day Mick Foley showed up.  We got pictures of my brother, my sisters, and I with him.  I also recorded some video.
From the Your Celebrity Stories thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2012, 03:25:32 AM1) Several YT videos will spring up, (The same people who predicted Elenin, tw suns, Nibiru, Mayan death calender etc) conveniently 'forgetting' previous 'predictions' and spout yet more shit.

2) Richard C Hoagland, will drop the C from his name, and this will eventually evolve into him simply being called Dickhead.

3) Earthquakes will still happen, but someone will find a way of implying they're unusual

4) Alex 'Fuckwit' Jones will rant and rant about hoow 2013 WILL be the year for FEMA camps to be the focus of mass exterminations, because the population refused to be injected with rat poison.

5) David Wilcock, will add up how much money he's made from the guillible, go on air and yell 'Bye bye Suckers!!' and buy an island in the sun, attended on by alien beauty queens.

6) Kerry Cassidy will do a Playboy centre spread 'Esoteric MILF of the month'. Victoria Secret will provide the attire.
From the  Predictions thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 22, 2013, 11:54:26 PM"I didn't betray you, I merely put a stop to you."
This is from an acclaimed British film of the late 1960s.
"I have a lot of experience dealing with disgruntled people." This is from a well-known neo noir of the early 80s.
"Death is a natural thing--it comes to dogs, horses,men."
This is a Paul Newman classic based on a Larry McMurtry story.
(Actually Paul said, "Happens to everybody: Horses, dogs, men. Nobody gets out of life alive." From the movie Hud. I've watched that movie so many times, I've got the dialogue memorized.)
From the Favorite Movie Line? thread.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 10, 2023, 03:27:41 AM(Actually Paul said, "Happens to everybody: Horses, dogs, men. Nobody gets out of life alive." From the movie Hud. I've watched that movie so many times, I've got the dialogue memorized.)
From the Favorite Movie Line? thread.
"Hud" was a great movie. I never seen but 1st quote was by Maggie Smith in 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.' Everyone will recognize Maggie Smith as she has been in almost British movie and tv production and many American. She was great in 'Murder By Death' with a great ensemble cast! "Oh, that's tacky! That's REALLY tacky!"

Rix Gins

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2023, 01:59:37 PM"Hud" was a great movie. I never seen but 1st quote was by Maggie Smith in 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.' Everyone will recognize Maggie Smith as she has been in almost British movie and tv production and many American. She was great in 'Murder By Death' with a great ensemble cast! "Oh, that's tacky! That's REALLY tacky!"
I seem to recall that Hud was one of Coaster's favorite movies.

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on October 24, 2013, 09:43:41 PMRandom thought.  Recently I started reading Dune for the first time in many years.  There's a thing called "wormsign", which is when they can see the giant worms cruising through the desert.  I'm now visualizing our wormhole messages rippling through the desert towards Art's studio.  Yep, good scotch tonite.
From the Timothy Good - ET and UFO Encounters thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Zenman on April 21, 2015, 11:47:40 PMPirate walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder.
Bartender says, "Cool! Where'd ya get that?"
Parrot says, "Found 'im passed out on the beach, arrrr."
From the Art Bell thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 06, 2015, 02:45:00 AMWhat I remember most about Radio Shack is that even if I spend less than $5, they ask me a bunch of personal questions at checkout "Dude I just want some batteries for my walkman"
From the RIP Radio Shack thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Zircon on May 16, 2012, 12:27:45 PMOK, I mentioned I'd post on a dream I had regarding the events immediately following my death.

In December 1997 I had the strangest dream. Have never had a dream like this in my life prior to this and can't recall any dream I've had since with the impact in my waking state following this one.

At the onset of the dream, one of my brothers, who died of cancer in 1978 appeared before me and warned me of my own demise. This was the first time I had ever seen him in a dream in the 19 years since his passing.

Next, a was in a field of grass or grain on what appeared to be a bright, sunny morning. I looked up and saw cloud formations slowly moving in a counter clockwise manner. No rain or storms threatened as they were puffy cumulus clouds in a bright blue sky.

I looked down at myself and I seemed younger. I was wearing sand colored jeans and a dungaree shirt. I felt really good as the injuries I've sustained over time were absent. I was barefoot.

Holding my arms out at shoulder height, I began to glide out into the field, feeling the grasses tickle the soles of my feet about six inches or so off the ground. The sunlight was comfortable and the air fresh and clean. I closed my eyes while smiling as this occurred.

When I opened my eyes I could see a small group of people, none of whom I knew suprisingly, clustered out in the middle of a rise in this field. They seemed unawares of me upon my arrival so listened in to the conversation.

The subject matter being discussed concerned my death. I wasn't alarmed as I was truly enjoying the state in which I found myself.  Death or not, my continuance afterwards was not only happening but I was unaware/couldn't recall any trauma when transitioning from the biologically living to the the state I was in now. They then saw me but didn't speak - just smiled. I closed my eyes and smiled and then woke up in my bed around 4 AM.

So what was I to make of this dream? Had I died in my sleep - clearly "no"? Was I going to die soon? Was this a warning for me to take immediate action? As it turns out it was a warning as a trip to my cardiologist was none too soon - I had one month before a massive haert attack was almost certain to occur. Got a 5-way bypass as a result two days after my birthday. I would have died at age 49 ... as a result I am still among the living.

Hopefully the dream I had is what I will finally experience when my time is actualy over here in this plane of existence. I have a lot to discuss with my brother and I'd like to spend a lot of time exploring the universe.
From the Your Supernatural Experiences thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: guildnavigator on May 04, 2012, 12:41:15 AMdrunk:

part of house burned down. now I am electrocuted by fender champion amplifier. pissed.
Quote from: ziznak on May 04, 2012, 07:39:51 AMfenders are good amps... I used to rock Line6
From the Random stupid things on your mind. Post them. thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: ZomZom on September 18, 2015, 11:16:22 AMWhen I was maybe five or six years old (1970 or 71) I was about to fall asleep one night when my sister, sleeping in a twin bed on the opposite side of the room, called my name.  I rolled over to face her, prepared to tell her to get to sleep.  Instead, I saw two little men standing in the hallway door, completely black, wearing brimmed hats.  These men were connected in the middle so that a bar of black joined them at their midsection.  I could not see through them, and the black was completely black, like an absence of light rather than a color.

They started to come into the room, sort of waddling as they moved.  "They're coming in," my sister said.  I replied, "I know."

The next thing I remember is coming to on a couch in the downstairs living room.  I was on my mother's lap, crying.  I remember being confused that I didn't remember beginning to cry, or remember having walked down the stairs.  My sister was crying on my father's lap.

The next day my sister and I were across the street in a friend's garage with a bunch of the neighborhood kids.  I told them we had seen a ghost the night before.  I explained that the ghost looked like two little hat-wearing men that were connected in the middle, but my sister interrupted and said that wasn't what they looked like at all.  She said they looked like worms.  I was angry that no one would believe our already-incredible story now that she was saying she saw something different than I did.

All the kids left the garage to go play, but I stayed behind a moment.  I stared at my feet and the garage floor, and told myself to never forget that what happened that night was real.

Laser

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 16, 2023, 02:20:10 AM
Quote from: ZomZom on September 18, 2015, 11:16:22 AMWhen I was maybe five or six years old (1970 or 71) I was about to fall asleep one night when my sister, sleeping in a twin bed on the opposite side of the room, called my name.  I rolled over to face her, prepared to tell her to get to sleep.  Instead, I saw two little men standing in the hallway door, completely black, wearing brimmed hats.  These men were connected in the middle so that a bar of black joined them at their midsection.  I could not see through them, and the black was completely black, like an absence of light rather than a color.

They started to come into the room, sort of waddling as they moved.  "They're coming in," my sister said.  I replied, "I know."

The next thing I remember is coming to on a couch in the downstairs living room.  I was on my mother's lap, crying.  I remember being confused that I didn't remember beginning to cry, or remember having walked down the stairs.  My sister was crying on my father's lap.

The next day my sister and I were across the street in a friend's garage with a bunch of the neighborhood kids.  I told them we had seen a ghost the night before.  I explained that the ghost looked like two little hat-wearing men that were connected in the middle, but my sister interrupted and said that wasn't what they looked like at all.  She said they looked like worms.  I was angry that no one would believe our already-incredible story now that she was saying she saw something different than I did.

All the kids left the garage to go play, but I stayed behind a moment.  I stared at my feet and the garage floor, and told myself to never forget that what happened that night was real.

This nostalgic quasi-nightmare came to mind immediately.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Laser on March 16, 2023, 02:49:30 AMFrom the Your Supernatural Experiences thread.

This nostalgic quasi-nightmare came to mind immediately.

Those two bearded brothers were hell on roller skates.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 04, 2015, 10:51:16 PMCan anyone explain to me what 3 million volts at an amp means?
Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 04, 2015, 10:53:59 PMVoltage is the electrical push and amperage is the electrical current.
Current is what will kill you.
From the Madman Marcum - Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Rix Gins

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 19, 2014, 01:02:29 AMI wanna hear about the succubi.  I've always had sort of a fantasy about them.  As long as they don't turn into old hags, that is.
From the Connie Willis thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 07:13:03 PMthis might be off topic but I have trained my body to be able to go number2 without going number1

Rix Gins

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2011, 11:10:33 AMI'm on a roll here-
Another thing that interests me about paranormal or edge subject matter is that, some of us are drawn to such like moths to cosmic flame, and others not so much.  Speaking to the choir here, I've grown accustomed to the odd looks I get when certain acquaintances see my recent reading book piles.  Recently, I was "counseling" a young friend concerning some seriously complicated life issues, trying to talk him down, when he glances from my books on the coffee table to me and says, "Why should I listen to you when you've got books about Manson and Oswald and stuff?"  The kid had a good point.

Rix Gins

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 08, 2013, 10:38:50 PMIt's always been a question for me ...... why are we so complex? .....  Equipped with memory, an inherent grasp of 'right/wrong', a range of emotions, and the ability to reason ..... the list goes on.

To have all these 'qualities' and a relatively short lifespan leads me to wonder ...... what comes next?
From the Instincts, Inherited Memories thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2013, 03:28:58 PMI'm happy to see that Ms.Paglini is keeping up the Dreamland/C2C and now Dark Matter tradition and still has a website, like all other guests throughout history, that looks mid-1990's and designed by a high-schooler with a free geocities software or something. Buy that essential oil so she can be first to upgrade!
From the Evelyn "the witch" Paglini thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on March 22, 2023, 02:01:23 AMHad to look it up on wayback machine, definitely a certified web 1.0 classic
http://web.archive.org/web/20001210210100/http://www.mysticalblend.com/

Thanks.  I checked out her site years ago.  Nice to see all those oils again.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 11:20:11 PMOk, I agree, I am a washed up has been who has lost what little talent I might have had, my memory is fading
fast and my skills as a Interviewer no longer exist. Like a Prize fighter who took one to many punches I am off
in zombieville. I can take a hint, I am done. So I will now leave and abandon my idea of free streaming along
with a life that has now lost all it's meaning. I am sorry to have crushed so many dreams and now understand
full well that the real King has taken his rightful place on the throne of Bell Gab. I understand I am dead to you
all.

Art
From the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 29, 2015, 07:39:36 AMIf you had no other reason to do something other than it being something that made you happy and you enjoyed, and then you stopped enjoying it and it no longer made you happy... You wouldn't do it anymore.

Perhaps I am not articulating my points accurately enough, which is why they're being misinterpreted.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Barfly on August 14, 2015, 01:20:14 AMBarry White music got me laid a few times, he will be missed.
From the Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Rix Gins

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 06, 2013, 03:40:37 PMthat was bellgab user bateman.  it was discussed in the GNS thread along with an audio clip.  check it out.  it's a real gut laugh.
Quote from: bateman on August 06, 2013, 03:44:56 PMThat one actually wasn't me.. I was "Marilyn from New Jersey" calling to discuss my bowel movements & Art Bell.

It's a shame old media attachments seem to be gone. I'd like to hear some of those old bateman calls again.

Rix Gins

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on March 26, 2023, 06:06:43 PMIt's a shame old media attachments seem to be gone. I'd like to hear some of those old bateman calls again.
Same here.  I wanted to hear his Marylyn from New Jersey call.

Rix Gins

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:16:12 PMI am always cordial on here but the next person on here to say "Fuck you Art Bell" is going to get a virtual kick in the throat.
From the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: BobGrau on June 14, 2011, 05:56:25 PMI feel a sort of resistance-movement, secret agenty kind of reluctance to be too specific, but a funky bald man supplys my needs these days. I can't understand how he gets away with it, hence my cageyness. am I just being paranoid, anyone?  :-X
From the Art Bell Methadone Radio thread.