• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Those Were The Days - A Fun Look At Old BellGab Posts

Started by Rix Gins, July 16, 2020, 02:36:36 PM

Rix Gins

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 27, 2013, 11:54:00 PMoh and a word to the wise....tootsie rolls make the best poo
From the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 02, 2015, 01:29:43 PMHi Art,

If you could cover The Meaning of Life that would be great.  It doesn't have to be a whole show.  Maybe just 15 minutes at the end.
From the Art Bell thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on March 10, 2015, 12:39:49 AMI think a silhouette of Art's place in front of a moon soaked desert sky would be great. Perhaps a full moon with a shadowy figure in the distance? A parody image of the Larry King desert broadcast with Art at his desk with his broadcast gear and the orange glow of a cigarette in an ash tray alone in the desert would be cool too.
From the Midnight in the Desert artwork thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: rtz on August 21, 2015, 10:29:57 PMIs Art Catholic?  It seems like tonight is confession night.
From the Open Lines - Pact with the Devil - Live Chat Thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rudolf Zlabinger on August 22, 2014, 12:10:56 AMDo you mean "Wut" in German or W00T? For the latter I would say thx.
From the Barack Obama, the President of America thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sabu2K on July 23, 2015, 10:53:45 PMI hate people who say idea like "idear". Also hate people who pronounce Soda as "Soder"
From the Nassim Haramein - Live Chat Thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Saffy on May 21, 2011, 12:33:33 PM*click* *recorded voice*

I'm sorry I can't answer the forum right now as I am currently being raptured. Since I will be busy merging with heaven for quite some time, it is unlikely I will be returning your message within the foreseeable future.

Hey, I can see my house from here!

*beep*
From the Post-Rapture Head Count! thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sagebrush on June 20, 2015, 07:08:06 AMIs it July 20th here?  Cuz I'm time traveling.
From the Are you a Time Traveler? thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Saltheart on August 06, 2015, 10:21:39 PMEdgar Winters is a bigfoot?!!  :o
From the Michael Rugg, Bigfoot Museum - Live Chat Thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sambo on December 13, 2013, 11:31:29 PMWhat am I missing out on? What does this xanax do?
From the When are you most happy? thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on August 13, 2015, 11:27:17 PMWhy couldn't a time traveler had called in yesterday and told Art not to have this boring awful guest on the show?
From the Blanche Barton, Church of Satan - Live Show Chat thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sardondi on September 08, 2012, 05:11:20 PMI'm no drummer, and I don't know anything about it, and this has probably been commented on a million times before, but it seems to me that broadly speaking rock drumming can be divided into two classes. One is the drummer who forms backbone of the band, whose only job, though vital, is to keep a rock solid beat. This class is considered boring and faceless, like offensive linemen in North American football. Then there are the drummers who are virtuosi, playing an instrument which has a musical line composed of rhythmical variants, a la Keith Moon and John Bonham. Ringo of course was the old school.

I remember in high school that someone in a science lab class hooked up an oscilloscope so that we could visualize the rhythms from Sergeant Pepper. Ringo's drumming was like a machine. Absolutely dead solid perfect. Not only the same rhythm, but identical dynamics and sound levels; which meant he had mastered not just time but force. It was impressive.
From the Random stupid things on your mind. Post them. thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 20, 2013, 10:55:17 PMYeah it's gotta be Morgan Freeman, he's a great guy, I got to meet him and Michael Caine on the set of a recent film....probably one of the coolest days in my life ever.
From the George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SawPuppet on September 03, 2011, 01:53:57 PMThe safe contained naked pictures of Howard Stern. And even Howard would agree that those are best left locked away.
From the So, what was in the Nasa safe? thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 11:03:44 PMI'd love to meet Freeman. I always seem to attract the weirdest famous people if I happen to get to meet one. I was on a plane next to Chuck Norris once and broke the ice after I drank a few by saying "You inch over your arm rest into my space, and I'm gonna kick your ass all over this plane." I weigh no more than a buck fifty. LOL. He laughed boisterously and I had a great conversation with him.
From the George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium thread.

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 20, 2022, 03:12:45 AMFrom the George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium thread.

Is saucyrossy still around in any form on any forum? Almost always something interesting to contribute...

*Or was the whole Hoagie fiasco the end?

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on November 22, 2022, 02:21:48 AMIs saucyrossy still around in any form on any forum? Almost always something interesting to contribute...

*Or was the whole Hoagie fiasco the end?
I wonder. I vaguely remember him saying that there was something cooking after Hoagland but what, I don't know. I wish we could hear from him.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Scorch on July 31, 2015, 01:42:53 AMI'm ready to die now.  I've been a caller on MITD!

I was the 2nd to last caller tonight.

I'm Dustin,  I asked about what is the boundary to the edge of the universe and what lies beyond it.

I've always wanted to know that and only Art Bell and his guest could answer it.

Thank you Art & Dr. Dvorak.
From the John Dvorak - Life Beyond Earth - Live Chat Thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: scottydawg on August 14, 2012, 04:24:36 AMWell we met at a telemarketing company that was handling the incoming calls for the AT&T cellfone service back in the late 90's. I had a full time job a part-time job, but needed extra cash to save up to move back to Nevada by my parents. I had moved back to the frozen tundra to help take care of my grandparents in their declining years. After my grandmother passed away it was time to move back to Nevada and see if NHP still wanted me. Then fate stepped in. I wasn't looking to get involved or attached. Had seen her on the phone floor in passing. I had some fascination for asian women thanks to the James Bond flicks.
But one day in the breakroom she was warming up her lunch and was singing to herself. My grandmother always did that, I told her she reminded me of my grandmother. A few days later she said that comment got under her skin. Now the spooky part, It was one month to the year that my grandmother passed away. Plus I had seen Mai a year earlier at an Osco store when they were having a Grand Opening sale.
Had thought to myself, "Gee, she's cute, too bad I don't usually stop at this store." We found out later we had applied for work at Walmart, but at stores on diff sides of town! Long story-short, we figured out our deceased grandmothers got together in the afterlife and decided we would make a great couple.
and now the kicker C2C fans will love, our now 13 y/o son told us when he was 3 y/o that he picked us to be his parents! So he must have been in some cosmic waiting room until we conceived him!
From the Art Bell Quits Coast thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Scruff on January 31, 2012, 12:13:54 AMHey that's me!  I never carry cash anymore, you can use your debit card for anything.  Sometimes I buy gum just to get $20 cash back and avoid ATM fees.  It's only slow when people don't know how to work the pinpad - and I'm a pinpad NINJA!
On a similar topic I hate walking into a gas station and they have the $5 minimum purchase sign.  That's against the contract they sign with Visa/MC, you can't even set up the machines to process a minimum, they're just being cheap.  You wanna process sometimes you gotta eat some fees.  Also, the chuckleheads buying beer without an ID, then they want to argue with the clerk while you stand there waiting.  Nobody cares how old you look, granddad, it's the law.  How did you drive here anyway?
From the Things That Annoy You thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Scully on March 15, 2011, 01:41:10 AMI'd ask him how he manages to tolerate the heavy heat and humidity in the Phillipines when he was happy living in the Nevada high desert.  I've lived both in the swamplands of the Gulf Coast and in the Arizona desert, and the difference is incredible.
From the Questions you'd like to ask Art Bell thread.

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 26, 2022, 03:30:49 AMFrom the Questions you'd like to ask Art Bell thread.

Just going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess constant sex with a cute young asian girl makes any climate hospitable.

Rix Gins

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 26, 2022, 05:26:49 AMJust going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess constant sex with a cute young asian girl makes any climate hospitable.
Just my opinion, but the one that Art married seemed to grow more beautiful as each year went by.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SealJuice on July 13, 2010, 12:12:06 AMThis thread gave me giggle-snort fits until I farted. I keep rereading it and giggling some more.
From the Post Worst Noory Quote thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: serenity on May 08, 2015, 05:49:26 PMHow about GroomLake All Hallows Eve Story Time?

No?

Ok officially out of ideas
From the Art Bell thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 09, 2011, 10:56:35 PMGeez, the list is so long and full of such dignitaries... but the one that still pisses me off (because I admit, I AM fascinated by the subject) - the recent Mothman book author.  Sorry, forgot his name, but it was recent.  He would NOT stay on topic, and the host (not Snoory) just let him bounce from topic to topic like a pingpong ball in a roomful of demented kittens.  He'd start saying something interesting, then bam! zoom! off on a tangent that either mentioned Thunderbirds (I'm from NYC, so for a half hour I thought he was talking about the wine) or shamans or West Virginians Made Good.

It was doubly maddening because they'd delayed the guy because of the hurricane.
From The Worst Guest Ever! thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 10:50:06 AMI saw a ghost when I was a kid.  There is no doubt about what I saw.  It wasn't a dream or me falling into a sleep state.  I will try to paint a picture for you all.

I was 9 years old.  At the time my Mother, Grandmother, and myself lived in a small row house in Pittsburgh.  As a child I was a restless sleeper and would hop from bed to bed, or even the couch.  I, for some reason, couldn't just stay in my own room.  There were three bedrooms upstairs and all were adjacent to each other with the doorways all facing each other. So if you stood in my room you could see into the room at the front of the house.  The rooms were small.  Mine was in the back of the house, my Grandmother's in the middle, and my Mom's in the front.  My Mom was away with the Army at the time of the incident.  My Grandmother was sleeping soundly in her room.  She snored loudly.  That fact is relevent to this story.  I woke up shortly after midnight and couldn't fall to sleep.  My Grandmother made a point to tell me to stay in my bed.  Well, I didn't.  I snuck through her room and entered my Mom's.  We always had little nightlights in the house so nearly every room had some dim light.  When I entered my Mom's room I climbed onto the bed and turned the lamp on the low setting because the nightlight was too dim.  I did this because I wanted to play with my Matchbox cars.  I was careful not to disturb the bedspread because I knew if I did I would get scolded for not staying in my room through the night.  I had two Matchbox cars with me.  One was a purple dunebuggy with yellow specks, and the other was a emergency vehicle.  I was zooming them around the bed periodically looking towards the doorway and listening for my Grandmother in case she stopped snoring. If she did, I would've cut out the light and waited to sneak back in my room.

I may have been in the room for just 10 minutes or so.  I glanced by the doorway and was startled by what I thought was my Grandmother standing there.  I immediately swung my legs over the bed to put my slippers on.  While doing so, with my head down (because I knew I was busted!) I said "I'm sorry Nana, I'll go to my room."  I started towards the doorway and I felt really weird.  I realized quickly that this wasn't my Grandmother because I could hear her snoring still!  I froze and screamed "Nana...Nana!!!"  I heard her stop snoring and grumble "WHAT!?"  At that moment I was standing in front looking through this ghost.  It was like looking through fog.  I also realized that 'who' I saw was my Grandmother's sister (my Great-Aunt) who died the year before.  I freaked out, closed my eyes, and ran through 'it' and jumped in my Grandmothers bed. 

She comforted me and didn't doubt me because she was not only superstitious but also religious.  She essentially told me everything was okay, etc.  I never forgot that incident and it has stuck with me fresh in my mind.  I never gave it much thought growing up, but never forgot it either.  That was 32 years ago.

true story.
From the Your Supernatural Experiences thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: jazmunda on September 25, 2013, 02:37:58 AMIs it just me or does The Wormhole just sound wrong? It doesn't seem to roll off the tongue and it sounds awkward and a little naughty when Art says, "I've just been wormholed".

So is there a way we can come up with a new name for it and hopefully Art will see the light and change it?

Obviously fast blast is off the table but that name perfectly encapsulated the function of sending Art a brief and instantaneous message. We need something similar but unique to Art and Dark Matter.

Quote from: shell88 on September 25, 2013, 10:55:09 AMI really like the concept and the term wormhole.  I wouldn't want to see it changed.  As far as sounding naughty maybe get your mind out of the gutter. That might work for ya. lol
From the Rename the Wormhole thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: sherry440 on November 20, 2013, 10:54:43 PMPS guess you noticed Sylvia the psychic died. Always loved her dark smokey (smoker's) voice!