• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Those Were The Days - A Fun Look At Old BellGab Posts

Started by Rix Gins, July 16, 2020, 02:36:36 PM

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rasputin on August 05, 2012, 06:53:43 PMIts not going to make one bit of difference which puppet wins in November, but trying to explain that to most people is futile, so vote for one or the other.

Anyone who thinks the President and his cabinet actually runs things these days is truly mistaken. The people who run our Government, as well as most others, are usually money men behind the scenes.

Prediction:

Unemployment will remain high, and the economy will continue to falter regardless of who is there,
From The Man with No Name Endorses Romney thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Tootsie on January 28, 2020, 04:43:10 PMwhere is "I am Rat Fink"?  And just when we were becoming close?  8)

Quote from: Rat Fink on January 28, 2020, 05:14:30 PMInjured typing toe.  I am Rat Fink.
From the The people that we miss on the awesome forum thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on July 22, 2015, 12:15:27 AMOnly the Western Empire. Constantine had moved the capital to Constantinople/Byzantium/Istanbul before Rome fell circa 400 AD. The Eastern Roman Empire continued for another 1,000 years. We tend to forget this in the West because we refer to them as the 'Byzantine Empire' instead of the Eastern Roman Empire.
From the Charles Faddis - Biological Terrorism thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Ravenna on July 28, 2013, 02:52:41 PMMikeJ wrote:

"Also, you seem pretty confident that Art is being held together by duct tape and chicken wire, but s far as I can tell that is pure speculation on your part.  Not to compare the two, but Churchill, who smoked and drank regularly, became prime minister of the UK at 66."

Very good point, MikeJ.  And as I recall, WWII was going on at the time that Churchill came to be the PM of the UK and he was having to work 16+ hour days.  And all this while smoking cigars and drinking scotch daily.  And yet STILL lived to be 90.  So, as I see it, whether a person can still work vigorously at the age of 68 very much depends on the person.  And Art, to me, has always come across as incredibly vital (despite the bad back, which may very well have improved by his 10 years of leisure, losing some weight, and maybe even the right kind of exercising.... who knows).
From the Art Bell thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on December 29, 2010, 12:57:20 PMA few come to mind - the time Art glued his lips together, the time he went outside for a quick cigarette during a commercial break and forgot that his deck was being replaced, and fell 4 or 5 feet to the ground, and my personal favorite, during the Mel's Hole show, when a caller asked Art if he had heard any reports of strange things falling from the sky (frogs, etc.).  The caller said he had heard that (somewhere, don't remember where) it was "raining nuts" and Art muttered "kinda like my show, sometimes".  I swear, a did an honest to god spit take when I heard that!
From the Funniest Art Bell moment thread.

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 24, 2022, 01:25:04 AMFrom the Funniest Art Bell moment thread.

I've always wanted to know what show that deck fall clip was from.

Rix Gins

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on October 24, 2022, 04:18:07 AMI've always wanted to know what show that deck fall clip was from.
I wonder too. I remember Art talking about it and he mentioned falling full out flat on his back. I think he said that he turned his head and saw one of those metal rebar things sticking out of the ground. He was just an inch away from hitting it with his head.

Rix Gins

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on May 18, 2009, 09:07:02 PMI recall that, like back in the late '90's Art used to give over-the-air instructions on how to use your VCR to tape the C2C audio since audio cassette tapes wouldn't hold the whole program.

Rix Gins

Quote from: redacted on August 31, 2019, 12:00:39 PMYou can call me anytime you want Gropper my baby.
From the Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade thread.

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 26, 2022, 12:44:39 AMFrom the Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade thread.
I doubt she passed along her personal number to him. A shame as I'm sure they could spend hours together on the blower.  ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: Renaldo on December 04, 2010, 10:32:43 AMI always hate to be the 'I remember when' guy, and honestly, I'm not old enough to be the old coot claiming, "Back in my day..."  But honestly, have their been any decent end of the world scenarios in the past few years?

In the late 90's, C2C had quite a few 'viable' options to choose from. If Y2K didn't kill us all in some wild Mad Max scenario, we had Dames' Kill Shot to look forward to, or even his space microbe that lands in Africa and kills all the wheat in the world.  These were all fairly violent, drawn out scenarios.  I'm sure there are some others I'm missing as well. 

The only thing it seems we have to look forward to destroying us all now is 2012, and to be honest, it's not all that spooky.  No violent bloody drawn out distopian future there, it either makes us unique, enlightened space beings, or we all die in a space catastrophe pretty quickly.

Back in my day, we had a better TEOTWAWKI.
From the Any good, viable, End of the World scenarios out there, or is it all just 2012? thread.

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 27, 2022, 01:13:12 AMFrom the Any good, viable, End of the World scenarios out there, or is it all just 2012? thread.

Is 2022 a good example to Renaldo of "be careful what you wish for?"  ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: Richard Groyper on February 23, 2015, 01:26:28 PMI don't understand some poster's on here. Art is going to do this on his terms only! I think he's made that crystal clear. He is at a point in his life where he doesn't think he should settle. I want him back. I want him back really bad. Unnaturally bad! It sickens me to even think about not having Art on the air again.

Keep calm & trust Art!

p.s. Plan b, I dress up like a cat. Art adopts me, and names me Picasso. In the mean time, I convince Art to come back by whispering in his ear at night. Fool proof.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Richard Howard on July 18, 2015, 08:18:02 PMGermain-Robin 30 Year Old Brandy
From the What will you drink while listening to Midnight in the Desert? thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: RichardHoaxland on July 12, 2015, 08:45:40 PMthose are some ghetto ass UFOs...no wonder they crash all the time.
From the Billy Meiers thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rico999 on October 05, 2011, 06:15:09 PMThe funniest infomercials of all time had to be those of Tom Vu.  He's a Vietnamese immigrant who became a real estate millionaire in the 80s and his infomercials featured him, his yacht or his mansion and about 20 bikini models frolicking with him.  He would harangue his audience, saying things like "Are you man enough to get off your lazy American butt and come to my seminar?"  And so on.

He's now a tournament poker player and has won a lot of $$.  Ya gotta hand it to the dude.
From the Most of these guests thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on April 05, 2014, 01:57:23 PMMore on The Four Meadowlarks from Two-Fisted Twangers: A Shocking Account of Blue Jeaned Bullies and the Secret Brutal Underbelly of the Sixties' Folk Movement, by Alvin Lummox.

"Although they weren't quite as tough as they looked, The Four Meadowlarks were justifiably feared and avoided at all costs by their contemporaries
in the late sixties/early seventies folk scene. The savage beatings they administered to Jackson Browne, Gordon Lightfoot, Arlo Guthrie, and Melanie are legendary, and it is well-known that James Taylor and David Crosby sobbed like catamites at a Boston Archdiocese camping retreat after receiving the infamous six-string wedgie which the Meadowlarks reserved for those they particularly loathed. Pete Seeger was so terrified of them that he never
went anywhere without an axe for protection, and a young Bruce Springsteen dreaded encountering them so much he almost gave up music to become a construction laborer."
From the Music thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rockaria on April 21, 2018, 09:22:20 PMI still have a bottle of Pizza Punch in a kitchen cabinet. The label is all oily, though. I just can't bring myself to throw it away.....
From the Midnight In The Desert With Heather Wade thread.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 03, 2022, 01:17:56 AMFrom the Midnight In The Desert With Heather Wade thread.

There can't be many radio hosts who flogged their own oil like that. Did anyone ever report back on what it was like? I always assumed it was some generic thing that probably wasn't so different from other stuff of that kind.

Rix Gins

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2022, 06:13:39 AMThere can't be many radio hosts who flogged their own oil like that. Did anyone ever report back on what it was like? I always assumed it was some generic thing that probably wasn't so different from other stuff of that kind.
I never did hear of anyone getting back to Art, to say if they liked the oil or not. I can vaguely remember Art explaining how Pizza Punch came about. I think that he and Ramona were vacationing in Paris where they ordered some pizza. They were impressed with the taste of the oil on the pizza and asked the proprietor what it was made of. He wouldn't say because it was a secret, but he did give them a small container of the stuff. After they got back to the states, they had the oil analyzed, and from there, they experimented with the ingredients until they got the taste that they experienced back in Paris. I think that Art had an acquaintance who helped manufacture and market the oil. I remember him hawking the bottles on one of his shows and the offer was limited to stock on hand. 

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rocky4228 on September 03, 2015, 10:45:07 PMI feel bad for any albinos listening.
From the Linda Godfrey - Weird Things - Live Show Chat Thread.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 04, 2022, 01:51:26 AMI never did hear of anyone getting back to Art, to say if they liked the oil or not. I can vaguely remember Art explaining how Pizza Punch came about. I think that he and Ramona were vacationing in Paris where they ordered some pizza. They were impressed with the taste of the oil on the pizza and asked the proprietor what it was made of. He wouldn't say because it was a secret, but he did give them a small container of the stuff. After they got back to the states, they had the oil analyzed, and from there, they experimented with the ingredients until they got the taste that they experienced back in Paris. I think that Art had an acquaintance who helped manufacture and market the oil. I remember him hawking the bottles on one of his shows and the offer was limited to stock on hand. 
I confirm this recollection. Art had some weird side-deals and personal endeavors. Some of which were lawsuits etc. Other day, I mentioned, found cassette tape: "Art's Marriage." Sure enough his show announcing it. Strange and bit creepy. He and HAM buddy goto Phillappeans and marry sisters. Art paid since HAM introduced him to sister. Gave POA to another, maybe same, HAM friend to sell off cars  guns, land, etc because she doesn't wanna leave Phillipeans. But we know, later, that they came back to US. N Art kept saying to callers 'have you seen her picture I posted.' N frustrated that most callers 'had no internet.' Haha.

Quote from: albrecht on November 04, 2022, 04:47:34 PMI confirm this recollection. Art had some weird side-deals and personal endeavors. Some of which were lawsuits etc. Other day, I mentioned, found cassette tape: "Art's Marriage." Sure enough his show announcing it. Strange and bit creepy. He and HAM buddy goto Phillappeans and marry sisters. Art paid since HAM introduced him to sister. Gave POA to another, maybe same, HAM friend to sell off cars  guns, land, etc because she doesn't wanna leave Phillipeans. But we know, later, that they came back to US. N Art kept saying to callers 'have you seen her picture I posted.' N frustrated that most callers 'had no internet.' Haha.

Who could forget Art Bell's Video Encounters.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Roger on May 04, 2011, 05:55:21 AMIf I think this particular page sucks, then change my mind and think
it does not: does that mean any visitor to this page might merely
see in all of it only what he or she wants to see? Would they love it
all if I had loved it all? See a blank page if I hated it all?

I find it amazing that a blank page like this could continue to exist.
Yet here it is.  I cannot even read what I've writ.  I hate what I just
wrote. Ergo: didn't write it, nor are you reading it.

Guano . . .er, quantum defined.
From the Art Bell Quits Coast thread.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Rogue Wolf on August 01, 2017, 09:35:32 PMBrig is a nice lady she complimented my canoe
From the you have failed, michael vandeven thread.

albrecht

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 04, 2022, 05:43:57 PM

Who could forget Art Bell's Video Encounters.

He was vindicated and I seem to recall some kind of settlement. Like many of his other cases. He did hire high-price and connected legal firms for much of his stuff, as I recall. Somewhere out there you can find the Depo during the lawsuit re: WWCR etc.