• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Those Were The Days - A Fun Look At Old BellGab Posts

Started by Rix Gins, July 16, 2020, 02:36:36 PM

Rix Gins

This first one is from a poster named ald.  It is fairly typical of the posts being made back in 2016.

Quote from: ald on June 22, 2016, 06:04:42 PM
I haven't posted here in a while. But the other day I decided to fall sleep with the radio on. I thought to myself, "I guess I'll tune in to some C2C". So some lady calls in to tell Noory about her suspected abduction experience. What does Noory say? "You need professional help". Why hasn't this guy been fired? Not just that. It seems he is moving from the ufo thing. The other nights show was on managing finances. Wtf? If I tune in to c2c it's for ghost, big foot, aliens, time travel, etc. Where is Art Bell? We need a new c2c show.

Rix Gins

Here is Art's very first post, way back on February 2, 2012.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 02, 2012, 11:13:54 PM
Hi there,
I thought it would be ok to stop in here and say hi from the High Desert! I have had so many people
send me links in email that refer to a post on this site. All is well with the Bell Family and we are
doing just fine in Pahrump.

As far as Retirement is concerned it has been great having time with my Family and my Hobby. I have
learned to "never say never" but I am enjoying life.

If any of you are Hams please feel free to join us on Echolink at W6OBB-L

I would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.

Art

Jackstar

This is the best Got-damn thread that BellGab can offer the world at this time. Any world. All worlds!

I have so many to share, but, I'll be honest, I feel like I'm spraying the mojo around the ol' web bored a little too exhaustively tonight. I am tired. Do I want more "coffee"? Good question. FUCK NO. Nor is this thread worth staying up for. It's still only nascent! It's not even close to sprouting, let alone, ripening! It's gonna be legendary, Biblical, FUSION POWERED--you name it.

I'll be back.

Meanwhile, and most importantly: this thread is FULLY allowed. I am using the word "allowed" here. Go nuts, y'all, God is love.

Dog is on duty. WOOF.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 17, 2020, 05:14:26 AM
I am tired. Do I want more "coffee"? Good question. FUCK NO.

I stand by these statements. I want for nothing. Wouldn't mind one of those $12,000 massage chairs though, those huge things that looks like a Decepticon, but is really an Autobot. Can I trade one of my Audis for one? Wait, what do you mean, "there are no Audis"? HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL.

I am getting too old for this shit.

ksm32

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 18, 2014, 10:17:50 PM
     When he was in Cream.

From the Do You Believe In God thread.

There were a lot of great answers and a few fights along the way. Good times :D

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 17, 2020, 07:06:27 AM
I stand by these statements. I want for nothing. Wouldn't mind one of those $12,000 massage chairs though, those huge things that looks like a Decepticon, but is really an Autobot. Can I trade one of my Audis for one? Wait, what do you mean, "there are no Audis"? HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL.

I am getting too old for this shit.

You're never too old, Jack!

Rix Gins

Quote from: ksm32 on July 17, 2020, 11:33:26 AM
From the Do You Believe In God thread.

There were a lot of great answers and a few fights along the way. Good times :D

What a fascinating thread, and one that I totally missed.  Great thoughts from some of the brightest minds of BellGab.  Thanks, ksm!

Rix Gins

From Mastodonkey, during a Michio Kaku interview back in 2015.

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 23, 2015, 11:05:16 PM
been said to death but I'm still in awe how good Art's audio is.. sounds like he's in the room with me.. either that or i'm high.. or both

DynamoHum

I recently went through the original MITD/Wade drama thread from the time of Art’s passing.

From a forensic internet archeology perspective it was fascinating. I then went through the blitz thread.

It’s amazing what you can pick up from them.

This is a good thread.

Rix Gins

Lee's contribution to a thread on new phones, back in 2009.  I don't know much about smart phones, but I bet a lot has changed in eleven years.
Quote from: Liberace! on December 03, 2009, 02:53:02 PM
blackberry runs on an operating system that feels like it was developed in the 1920s.  the iPhone would be great if not for the problems mentioned above by the mordred.  other than the iPhone, i'm not familiar enough with what att offers to make a suggestion there.  if i were you, mordred, i'd be moving to verizon and snatching up the new droid.  not the one from htc... but the one with the keyboard from motorola.

god, what's the world come to?  i'm recommending a motorola phone.  holy shite.

Rix Gins

Wonder what set auggie off?  Was he watching the news?

Quote from: auggie on December 16, 2014, 08:14:09 PM
                                           You bunch of jobless, no life, maggots need to work !

Rix Gins

Quote from: C110 on April 14, 2011, 06:58:20 PM
I could maybe see Noory getting booted...But the return of Art.  No way.  He is not coming back and I think it is HIS choice to not come back.

Well, Art did come back, of course.  Also, Noory never got booted.

Quote from: Rix Gins on July 20, 2020, 03:09:44 AM
Wonder what set auggie off?  Was he watching the news?

Dunno but those words still ring true today.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2013, 07:31:44 PM
How many of you posting here have ever actually been raped?

Is there a thread here for that?

Dunno but those words still ring true today.

paladin1991

"I could maybe see Noory getting booted...But the return of Art.  No way.  He is not coming back and I think it is HIS choice to not come back."

Not so sure hell has a day pass thingy for daddies who abandon wives and kids.  But he sure did good radio.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 02, 2013, 08:06:30 PM
If I had a time machine I'd go back and ensure that Noory never took over C2C and Art never retired and we'd all not had to endure 10 years of sewage sucking our intelligence out of our brains.
Either that or have an alternate time line where Art was broadcasting from his own private satellite for the last 10 years with NO requirement to keep clicking a mouse to hear him.
Hmm, Artstar ?

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 02, 2013, 08:07:10 PM
I had my friends all picked up on parole violations so that I could listen tonight in peace.

Two consecutive posts from the Albert Taylor - Paranormal Investigations w/Robots thread back in 2013.

Rix Gins

Quote from: DynamoHum on July 18, 2020, 03:30:13 AM
I recently went through the original MITD/Wade drama thread from the time of Art’s passing.

From a forensic internet archeology perspective it was fascinating. I then went through the blitz thread.

It’s amazing what you can pick up from them.

This is a good thread.

Thanks Dyna.  I like to go back to some of Hoagland's old shows.  We had lots of fun posting stuff.  (He called us the Peanut Gallery.)  Fun times.

paladin1991

Quote from: Rix Gins on July 21, 2020, 03:26:47 AM
Thanks Dyna.  I like to go back to some of Hoagland's old shows.  We had lots of fun posting stuff.  (He called us the Peanut Gallery.)  Fun times.

that was b4 we were the 'useless eaters' of bandwidth.

ShayP

This made me well up with tears and experience a modicum of joy for the first time in years.  From the Bellgabber of the year thread.

Quote from: Jackrabbit on April 01, 2017, 12:24:33 AM
I'm nominating ShayP.

Always kind, always well-received, never loathed, often missed, routinely offers to give back a reach-around. Every. Single. Time.

Even recognized how accommodating I can be.

Sweet, sweet memory.  :'(

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on July 21, 2020, 08:07:50 AM
This made me well up with tears and experience a modicum of joy for the first time in years. 

Well, there goes my street cred again. Presto.

I don't even remember who won that year. And where are they now? Nowhere, that's where.

I'll see what I can do about re-swearing fealty immediately--Heather probably won't even notice your accommodations.

I'll leave that up to you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on July 21, 2020, 08:07:50 AM
This made me well up with tears and experience a modicum of joy for the first time in years.  From the Bellgabber of the year thread.

Even recognized how accommodating I can be.

Sweet, sweet memory.  :'(

Very accomodating

Rix Gins

Quote from: EastCoastLady on October 02, 2011, 10:59:37 AM
Another prime example of how little experience hasn't worked too well for us in the political arena: tea party candidates seated in congress today. 

I agree that republicans did not want to win the last presidential election - for various reasons.

I of the mindset that none of us achieved any real success on our own, federal gov't isn't necessarily all bad.  Could it be curtailed & more efficient? Absolutely.  Just my opinion & like assholes, we all have one.

McCain was running.  He would have lost even if the republicans had wanted to win the election.

Jackstar

Quote from: WildCard on November 22, 2018, 01:17:07 PM
This latest bender began with him claiming brig and gravity were in some kind of conspiracy to take over ellgab. [...] If you think it can't get worse, you're very wrong.

This thread delivers itself--the true mark of the true master.

COME OUT COMMAND SIGNAL ACKNOWLEDGED.

Rix Gins

Quote from: FallenSeraph on November 01, 2013, 05:54:38 PM
Does anyone remember the time Jorch teased everyone for a week saying he was going to use the Ouija board live on air, and then of course on the night of the show he chickened out and said his listeners had "talked him out of it"? (Sorry - I should probably have posted that in the GNS thread.)

I haven't used one since I was a tween and we were asking stupid questions like "Will Duran Duran ever come here in concert?" and "Does Matt in 6th period Social Studies like me?"

I kind of wish I could find someone else who's brave enough to give the whole Ouija Board thing a whirl with me now. My faith in God has plummeted so much that maybe blatant evidence of purely demonic evil is the only thing that could bring it back, if that makes sense. That's why I wish Art would tell his story. I trust him not to bullshit us. And if he really did encounter something evil, well hell, maybe I could actually believe that good and evil actually do exist beyond the boundaries of the human mind.

Wow, I'm in a funk this week. Sorry. Maybe it's a planetary thing.  :-\

Ciardelo

lol

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 07, 2015, 01:23:14 AM
Say kids, I see strange things when I close my eyes and clear my thoughts. In this case, (while reading this thread,) I closed them and saw a couple thousand promotional bags of candy...soft gummy bear like pcs. in the shape of little UFOs called Arts Parts...with info on Art's show plastered on the outer package.  Like it?  Then you have my permission to take it and run with it. :)