• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

TigerLily

Ian and Bill Birnes talking about the beautiful and brilliant Hedy Lamarr. Such a treat! And more Ian tomorrow night. Double treat! Like a double chocolate malted

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on June 29, 2018, 11:02:00 PM
Ian and Bill Birnes talking about the beautiful and brilliant Hedy Lamarr. Such a treat! And more Ian tomorrow night. Double treat! Like a double chocolate malted

"They call me Tondelayo!"

Forgot Hedy was going to be the subject tonight.  Several books have already been written about her ingenuity.

Dr. MD MD

Ian sounds different to me tonight. ???

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2018, 11:11:43 PM
"They call me Tondelayo!"

Forgot Hedy was going to be the subject tonight.  Several books have already been written about her ingenuity.

Dr. MD MD

No, Ian but have you tried Soylent Green yet?  :D

Quote from: TigerLily on June 29, 2018, 11:17:45 PM

I love that movie.  White Cargo is a wonderfully hammy melodrama also starring Walter Pidgeon, Frank Morgan and Richard Carlson.  LaMarr plays an African native  :o(lol) who tries to seduce every man on a rubber plantation.  Carlson falls heavily in love with her and marries her to his everlasting regret.

It's ridiculous but wonderfully entertaining. 

Then there is the De Mille classic, Samson and Delilah with Victor Mature.

Dr. MD MD

A fringe benefit is that you'll get to experience Applefest! 8)

P.S. It's all about the Apple II. ;)

I guess they're calling it Kansasfest now:

https://www.kansasfest.org/

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2018, 11:29:16 PM
Then there is the De Mille classic, Samson and Delilah with Victor Mature

She often had to play the "exotic". Here she is playing a Eurasian with Robert Taylor. Arguably two of the most beautiful movie stars then. But one of my favorites with Lamarr is Ziegfeld Girl with Judy Garland and Lana Turner - who was also pretty gorgeous

Birnes is such a great raconteur.  Really enjoying the show tonight.  This is the first time I've heard Punnett since he came back and it's nice to hear his voice again.

Quote from: TigerLily on June 29, 2018, 11:48:09 PM
She often had to play the "exotic". Here she is playing a Eurasian with Robert Taylor. Arguably two of the most beautiful movie stars then. But one of my favorites with Lamarr is Ziegfeld Girl with Judy Garland and Lana Turner - who was also pretty gorgeous

Yes indeed!  I've never watched Ziegfeld Girl but I have it in my collection and I'll give it a watch.  Thanks for the recommendation. ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 30, 2018, 01:01:48 AM
Birnes is such a great raconteur.  Really enjoying the show tonight.  This is the first time I've heard Punnett since he came back and it's nice to hear his voice again.

Did you hear him slip in the factoid about the autonomous armed platform taking down TWA 800?

I don’t believe that for a second. I believe it was a bomb onboard using the casio watch design that failed on the Japanese 747 because they were in the wrong seat.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 30, 2018, 01:10:37 AM
Did you hear him slip in the factoid about the autonomous armed platform taking down TWA 800?

I don’t believe that for a second. I believe it was a bomb onboard using the casio watch design that failed on the Japanese 747 because they were in the wrong seat.

I must have been taking my dog out when he was talking about that. Who owned this, ahem, armed platform according to Bill?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 30, 2018, 01:16:58 AM
I must have been taking my dog out when he was talking about that. Who owned this, ahem, armed platform according to Bill?

He didn’t say. He slipped it in when he was talking about automatons using the pun hed cards and paper tapes like the player pianos.  I think he said “like our first one that shot a missile at TWA flight 800 over Long Island”. I am not an insider so I can’t go back and check the archives. But I am sure he said something like that.  I barely caught it.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2018, 11:11:49 PM
Ian sounds different to me tonight. ???
His voice has less sinus in it.  Maybe his tinnitus was from a sinus problem.
Me

Sean92008

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 02:04:09 AM
Me
Maybe it was a drug problem and he blamed it on the tinnitus. Remember the crazy rambling call?

I can't hear him going on about the GNS live stage show and not think he's completely loony.  George is a pitchy singer at best, heard three examples of it. Not all that survivable unless it was Dave himself.

GravitySucks

Annie!!! Solar sailing to Mars.  I think she should apply to Boeing as a propulsion engineer. Or an inflight missile mechanic.

Wow. Secret space is 100 years ahead of what we know about!!!!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 30, 2018, 02:04:09 AM
Me

Fuck you, you baby killing race traitor! >:(

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 30, 2018, 01:32:38 AM
He didn’t say. He slipped it in when he was talking about automatons using the pun hed cards and paper tapes like the player pianos.  I think he said “like our first one that shot a missile at TWA flight 800 over Long Island”. I am not an insider so I can’t go back and check the archives. But I am sure he said something like that.  I barely caught it.

The platform Bill saw was when he was at Jim Sanders's house. They are co-authors on a book about a missile from a sub hitting TWA 800. Both technologies were (and maybe still are) secretive and still being tested.

Morgus

Quote from: nbirnes on June 30, 2018, 11:57:21 AM
The platform Bill saw was when he was at Jim Sanders's house. They are co-authors on a book about a missile from a sub hitting TWA 800. Both technologies were (and maybe still are) secretive and still being tested.
Nancy, last night did Bill say his godfather was George Burns?

nbirnes

Quote from: Morgus on June 30, 2018, 02:40:28 PM
Nancy, last night did Bill say his godfather was George Burns?

George is his godfather, as is Jack Benny. Bill's middle name is Jack, and his father and George Burns changed their names when they became the Burns Brothers. They were all in showbiz together, before and after the Great Depression.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nbirnes on June 30, 2018, 04:33:17 PM
George is his godfather, as is Jack Benny. Bill's middle name is Jack, and his father and George Burns changed their names when they became the Burns Brothers. They were all in showbiz together, before and after the Great Depression.

Now, cut that out!

11angeleyes11

Yes, I checked the Coast website and Ian is doing back to back Coast's.   This is such a pleasant surprise, and I cannot wait for him to plug George's live shows. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 30, 2018, 10:02:21 PM
Yes, I checked the Coast website and Ian is doing back to back Coast's.   This is such a pleasant surprise, and I cannot wait for him to plug George's live shows.

What's on tap tonight?

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 30, 2018, 10:05:52 PM
What's on tap tonight?

The Horrors of Roosevelt Island and the Secret History of the Jersey Devil are the topics.  These be like the ultimate Coast topics, and wine and beer are on tap.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 30, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
The Horrors of Roosevelt Island and the Secret History of the Jersey Devil are the topics.  These be like the ultimate Coast topics, and wine and beer are on tap.

Oh, right! I remember him mentioning that now. Sounds interesting!

TigerLily

Golly, gee. I sure am glad climate change isn't real. Thanks, guys, for setting me straight the other day

Quote from: TigerLily on June 30, 2018, 11:45:27 PM
Golly, gee. I sure am glad climate change isn't real. Thanks for setting me straight the other day

The climates are always in flux and so shall they ever be.  Enough of that though.  Not sure how long I can hang in there but I wanted to hear this show.