• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on May 13, 2018, 11:52:20 PM
Hey Neb good to see ya.  I think Ian's just warming up.  Looking forward to the next segment.

I am with you, friend! ;) So glad that you are listening!

TigerLily

Ok. Getting creepy now. I like it

Nebraska888

Quote from: TigerLily on May 14, 2018, 12:32:05 AM

Hey Girl!!!!  Yes, this is good stuff.  So happy you are here!

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on May 14, 2018, 12:32:05 AM

That last one was kinda like a mini Dyatlov Pass incident, minus the snow.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on May 14, 2018, 12:40:24 AM
That last one was kinda like a mini Dyatlov Pass incident, minus the snow.

Yep!

Quote from: El Chorro on May 13, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
This fake interview is too long. Have a few laughs for five minutes or so, but don't come back to a brand with "credibility issues" by spending all this time on a phony set piece.

Ian can't do that, it takes more than just one segment to show everyone how informed on the subject and how smart he is.

Nebraska888

I am fascinated!!!  Coast at its best!  This is what Coast is all about.  Come on!  You want 100% vetting?  Well, this is not what Coast is about!  Relax, enjoy, and embrace the unexplained.  Have fun!!!!

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 14, 2018, 01:36:13 AM
I am fascinated!!!  Coast at its best!  This is what Coast is all about.  Come on!  You want 100% vetting?  Well, this is not what Coast is about!  Relax, enjoy, and embrace the unexplained.  Have fun!!!!

Yep, exactly.  Whatever's actually going on, I enjoy the speculation.  It's like campfire stories, some may seem farfetched but then there's that little hesitation in you wondering hmmm... but what if?? 

Though I don't care for superheroes and didn't think I liked Spinal Tap, I caught the first hr. rerun and enjoyed it. Thanks, Ian

ItsTelly

Jason The Horse!!!!!

Whatever happened to this guy?  I hope he not out to pasture yet...

Telly

albrecht

I don't care about comics and super-heroes but I laughed at the Spinal Tap interview. Ian doing his Orson Welles style tricks, like he did with WWZ. I wonder if listeners understand the Spinal Tap was a fake band (that, in a weird way, sorta became a real band, sorta?) Funny stuff.But the Mojave Desert stuff was good. Nice, spooky, and scaring. Good job Ian!
ps: Ian made it seem that he wasn't returning as a permanent fill-in host but just for a few shows? I would rather he fill-in for Norry or one of the gals. Not Syrett or Knapp.

Nebraska888

Quote from: albrecht on May 14, 2018, 01:17:55 PM
I don't care about comics and super-heroes but I laughed at the Spinal Tap interview. Ian doing his Orson Welles style tricks, like he did with WWZ. I wonder if listeners understand the Spinal Tap was a fake band (that, in a weird way, sorta became a real band, sorta?) Funny stuff.But the Mojave Desert stuff was good. Nice, spooky, and scaring. Good job Ian!
ps: Ian made it seem that he wasn't returning as a permanent fill-in host but just for a few shows? I would rather he fill-in for Norry or one of the gals. Not Syrett or Knapp.

Agreed!

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on May 14, 2018, 02:04:36 AM
Yep, exactly.  Whatever's actually going on, I enjoy the speculation.  It's like campfire stories, some may seem farfetched but then there's that little hesitation in you wondering hmmm... but what if??

That is right, Zee.  It was a fun and spooky night.  Hope you are back with me next Sunday!

albrecht

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 14, 2018, 01:24:04 PM
Agreed!
Anyone have any idea who the female blogger was that quit looking into all the missing women due to possible threats? I know on the border, and especially in Mexico, reporters and bloggers get beheaded or killed,even the whole families targeted, when they start reporting on the cartels, human trafficking, corruption etc.Scary if that stuff coming here.
Glad Ian has her data and look forward to the show on it even though it is a scary topic because true. Just the other day I was reading about a 15yr old who met a 'boyfriend' and next thing was held captive, shot up with drugs, and pimped out to several people- including one person only identified as "coach" who paid to rape her.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/3rd-suspect-accused-of-raping-drugged-out-12912727.php?ipid=brkbar

paladin1991

Missed Ian's first show back on Coast.  Does anyone have a link ?

Shithead

Does anyone know how often Ian will be hosting on C to C?

Other than Knapp,  I can't listen to those other fill-ins.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Shithead on May 15, 2018, 05:04:20 PM
Does anyone know how often Ian will be hosting on C to C?

Other than Knapp,  I can't listen to those other fill-ins.

He is filling in for Knapp on Sunday and then he will evaluate his tinnitus.  No commitment past 2 shows.

Metron2267

He did an awesome job with all the weird Mohave desert campfire stories, clearly has not lost his chops since becoming a deacon...

ShayP

Sunday - May 20, 2018

HOST:  Ian Punnett

GUESTS:  Deanne Stillman, Kelly Carlin, M.L. Behrman

Writer Deanne Stillman joins Ian Punnett (filling in for George Knapp) to discuss the devastating murder of two young girls in the world of rootless kids who live in the shadows of a giant military base on the edge of the modern American frontier in the Mojave Desert. First-hour: Kelly Carlin, George Carlin's daughter, reveals newly uncovered material her comedian father stored away; M.L. Behrman returns for an update on a desert discovery.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 18, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
Sunday - May 20, 2018

Writer Deanne Stillman joins Ian Punnett (filling in for George Knapp) to discuss the devastating murder of two young girls in the world of rootless kids who live in the shadows of a giant military base on the edge of the modern American frontier in the Mojave Desert. First-hour: Kelly Carlin, George Carlin's daughter, reveals newly uncovered material her comedian father stored away; M.L. Behrman returns for an update on a desert discovery.

Thanks for the reminder Shay. 👍🏼

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:23:29 AM
Thanks for the reminder Shay. 👍🏼

You're welcome.  I need to remind myself to stay up for this one.  ;D

El Chorro

Quote from: ShayP on May 18, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
Sunday - May 20, 2018

Behrman is no doubt back to give an update on the knick-knack found on the side of the road by that nut caller who Ian let go on and on and on.

I like Ian's interviews but I wish there wasn't a first hour of filler. I'm on the East Coast and that 1a.m.-to-2a.m. hour last week was really annoying.

Yes, finally.  Love Ian's style of coast to coast.  I'm surprised he's back, must be low on cash. 

Shithead

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 05:05:57 PM
He is filling in for Knapp on Sunday and then he will evaluate his tinnitus.  No commitment past 2 shows.

Thank you GravitySucks.

Best of wishes to Ian. Nice to have him back.

ItsTelly

[quote author=El Chorro link=topic=13.msg1222915#msg1222915 date=1526662764

I like Ian's interviews but I wish there wasn't a first hour of filler. I'm on the East Coast and that 1a.m.-to-2a.m. hour last week was really annoying.
[/quote]

Agree on this point.  First hour doesn't need to be filler.  Remember when they would actually interview a guest for 3 hours and 45 minutes???

This whole 'floating format' or whatever sux...My guess is that it is hard to interview someone for 3+ hours as you have to mine them for good stories and material.  Anyone can be interesting for 10 minutes...

Telly

Quote from: DukeofRockinghm on May 18, 2018, 01:24:51 PM
Yes, finally.  Love Ian's style of coast to coast.  I'm surprised he's back, must be low on cash.

Look at the professions he's chosen - radio host, preacher, professor.  Ian loves to hear himself talk, but only when he can control the discussion / sermon / monologue / call / class.

Probably back because students got wind of his manner and avoided his classes.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsTelly on May 19, 2018, 03:28:57 PM
This whole 'floating format' or whatever sux...My guess is that it is hard to interview someone for 3+ hours as you have to mine them for good stories and material.  Anyone can be interesting for 10 minutes...

Telly
Noory started that stupid floater format, since his attention span is too reduced to handle a single guest for over 3 hours now it seems.
It appears the format has been forced on the c2c guest host now too.
Even David on his MITD show seems to be doing that multiple guests thing too, maybe used to it as a former c2c guest host?

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
Noory started that stupid floater format, since his attention span is too reduced to handle a single guest for over 3 hours now it seems.
Even David on his MITD show seems to be doing that multiple guests thing too, maybe used to it as a former c2c guest host?

It was ok for last night on MITD.  All the guests were sorta interesting but not enough for 3 hours.
It depends on the guest and the topic.
I'm on record citing my contempt for the split-show format in general.

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
im betting good dave is just going though  guests already booked for heather (before arts death and all this high drama). he has looked into them and found that the majority of them do not deserve the 3 hours. thus the split show.

Gd5150

More Ian and more Mojave mysteries this week. Good stuff. Last weeks show was quite enjoyable. ML Behrman does some cool short videos on YouTube. Very well done for a 1 man production.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCC_VcmVi_YC9seXQo0B_P8g