• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 14, 2009, 09:25:36 PM
Both of the previous posts edited by BB-M cuz sometimes she really really IS!

:'( sorry

Ha,ha, ha, you really did not have to do that but thank you, some people just would see that side and nothing else. I like everyone here even if I don't agree with them on a topic or two and I think it would not bother most posters here but I was one other place and the hatred was amazing. I can understand why people do it though but we should not paint everyone with the same brush and it appears as though I have done that as well.

I just got the guest book and YES, I have to thank Ian for that, as I said I do not really hate him I was angered by him for a while but hate, no. However, he is still a Fanboy, Mac spouting, Iphone geek ( I am trying but Rome was not built in a day). Unless he really grates on me if I post on him it will probably be in jest unless he does Smiley faced killers, Sonny Bono, Lindberg baby, St. John Hunt, or D.B Cooper again (unless they got some real good physical evidence) then I will probably relapse.

EvB

QuoteI just got the guest book

I'm trying to guess what the "Guest Book" is.   ???

EvB

And to prove I ain't humorless:

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 14, 2009, 11:04:07 PM
And to prove I ain't humorless:

Guests book, sorry I spell like I think (all fucked up).

Yes you do have some humor, OMG I am actually laughing at that pic that is f-ing great!

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 14, 2009, 05:16:29 PM
Just wanted to say something about Ian. Last week he didn't check in with KFI and the DJ spent 2 minutes taking shots at Ian.

FG, I think Ian is stalking you or at least reading your post ;D. Did you hear him at the start of the show, about how he was talking to them at KFI this week. If Ian is reading your post or this site I could not question his good taste.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 15, 2009, 11:16:32 AM
FG, I think Ian is stalking you or at least reading your post ;D. Did you hear him at the start of the show, about how he was talking to them at KFI this week. If Ian is reading your post or this site I could not question his good taste.
Bout time someone starting listening to my advice. Seriously, the DJ was saying "I guess Ian doesn't want to keep an audience? I guess he's not interested in giving us a sneak peek into whatever it is he's going to yap about tonight? I guess sticking to a schedule is tough in this business." ROFL big time

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 15, 2009, 11:36:01 AM
Bout time someone starting listening to my advice. Seriously, the DJ was saying  I guess sticking to a schedule is tough in this business." ROFL big time

Since Ian has been working from his home studio - his show openings have been, errrrr . . . clumsy.  I'm one of those nut-jobs who talk back to talk radio.  The first few weeks, I found myself YELLING at him about messing with his sound levels on the air.  I use the stream, and I'd like to set my volumes and move on to something else, not play sound mixer!

He's gotten better about that though - so perhaps he'll get better about the rest.  As someone who takes on projects with only the slightest clue what I'm doing and learn as I go - I've got no room to seriously complain about Someone who is hacking their way though their learning curve.  But yeah - it's annoying.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on February 15, 2009, 02:16:24 PM

Since Ian has been working from his home studio - his show openings have been, errrrr . . . clumsy.  I'm one of those nut-jobs who talk back to talk radio.  The first few weeks, I found myself YELLING at him about messing with his sound levels on the air.  I use the stream, and I'd like to set my volumes and move on to something else, not play sound mixer!

He's gotten better about that though - so perhaps he'll get better about the rest.  As someone who takes on projects with only the slightest clue what I'm doing and learn as I go - I've got no room to seriously complain about Salomone who is hacking their way though their learning curve.  But yeah - it's annoying.
Evey I know you like him, but can you tell me why he insists on doing his show in the dark!? Gawwwwwwd. Especially when he does book interviews and he says "oh I'm sorry but I can't really read the quote. It's pitch dark hahaha wakka wakka wakka."

EvB

Not a CLUE! 

But you know what? I like a lot of people who don't make sense.  I like YOU a LOT!   :P

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 15, 2009, 11:36:01 AM
Bout time someone starting listening to my advice. Seriously, the DJ was saying "I guess Ian doesn't want to keep an audience? I guess he's not interested in giving us a sneak peek into whatever it is he's going to yap about tonight? I guess sticking to a schedule is tough in this business." ROFL big time

That is fucking hilarious, yeah tough schedule one show a week sometimes two, hahahhahhaa.

QuoteSince Ian has been working from his home studio - his show openings have been, errrrr . . . clumsy.

Hence, the term  "Mr. Magoo version of radio" (joke)

Quotewakka wakka wakka.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on February 15, 2009, 05:48:26 PM
Not a CLUE! 

But you know what? I like a lot of people who don't make sense.  I like YOU a LOT!   :P
Thanks. I like you too! What I don't like are Mondays. I want to shoot the whole day down. Because George Comes back!

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 15, 2009, 09:34:59 PM
Thanks. I like you too! What I don't like are Mondays. I want to shoot the whole day down. Because George Comes back!

Ah, but TONIGHT is Knapp night!

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 15, 2009, 02:16:24 PM

Since Ian has been working from his home studio - his show openings have been, errrrr . . . clumsy.

Wow, he had all week to work on an opening and work on the "clumsy" openings he has been having. Once again the radio version of "Mr. Magoo" comes through solid, nailed it, 9.8 in Olympic scoring.

He got a little to happy talking about another persons Wang  ;D

Very disappointed in Ian on this past show.  At one point, he said he had never heard of the Panspermia theory and cracked a joke about how he wasn't going to fly  Panspermia airlines.

Har har har. 

Later he throws in his opinion on esoteric Qabalah when he clearly didn't know what the FUCK he was talking about.  He cited "Madonna" and her interest(s) to prove his point.

Fuck my old boots.

A caller attempts to explain how a recently deceased individual seems to have become a part of him.  The caller, searching for a way to describe it, says it is like being a double exposed photograph.

Both the guest and Ian totally strike out in their reply to him.

The guest, who has a book called "The Big Book of the Soul" or something (AKA BIG BOOK OF CRAP), incorrectly asserts the caller is possibly being possessed.  He completely ignores soul transmigration theory.

Ian then stupidly spews forth an analogy of a computer concurrently booting up with two different operating systems.  The caller reluctantly agrees.

No one brings up the famous case of Philip K Dick going through a similar event when Bishop James A. Pike died and Pike apparently became a tutelary spirit to PKD.  It's not as uncommon or crazy as Ian and the guest seemed to think.

(I'm aware of PKD's use of psychotropic drugs.  This isn't related to that experimentation.)

I don't expect the average person to know anything about any of this.  But by GOD I expect a guest who writes a book on the SOUL to know it and not defer to some pedantic possession theory.

I expect Ian (an Episcopalian deacon in the same denomination as James A. Pike was bishop for God's sweet sake!) to know about the PKD event.

I also expect Ian to stop with the "I'm a nerd and can't help it" posture, evoking computers and technology all the time. 

Defining the human condition - mainstream, metaphysical, or paranormal - by using a computer analogy is tantamount to describing any malady of the soul or brain by using a mousetrap, 8 track player, or steam engine as a metaphor.  Just because something is currently our cutting edge in technology does not mean it is appropriate to reference.  It shows a very shallow understanding of the quantum brain.

Ian later admitted he didn't know what DMT was. 

Well goddamn it.

What does he think he is hosting?  The Merv Flipping Griffin show?

A caller spoke of an epiphany while using DMT.  Ian quickly  interjected with a question "How do you know what you experienced was real (about God), since it was chemically induced?" (versus Ian's own beliefs about religion while NOT on chemicals)

The whole FUCKING BRAIN is chemically operated.

How can IAN know anything HE knows about religion when it is subject to HIS neuro chemical reactions?  I assume he believes he "had a calling."  Serotonin uptake or true Logos?  How can Ian tell?  Because he wasn't smoking a jay at calling time?

Very disappointed.  It was George Noory Lite and it sucked.

Sucked sucked sucked sucked sucked SUCKED.

To make things massively worse, we got a Smiley Face Killer update at the first of the show.

Nail me to the cross NOW.

NOW.

Centurion73

QuoteLater he throws in his opinion on esoteric Qabalah when he clearly didn't know what the FUCK he was talking about.

I posit that Ian is not as learned as some think and he tries to portray to others. I think his "education" is very limited in scope as that of his views and opinions.

Case in point
QuoteNo one brings up the famous case of Philip K Dick going through a similar event when Bishop James A. Pike died and Pike apparently became a tutelary spirit to PKD.  It's not as uncommon or crazy as Ian and the guest seemed to think.

(I'm aware of PKD's use of psychotropic drugs.  This isn't related to that experimentation.)

I don't expect the average person to know anything about any of this.  But by GOD I expect a guest who writes a book on the SOUL to know it and not defer to some pedantic possession theory.

I expect Ian (an Episcopalian deacon in the same denomination as James A. Pike was bishop for God's sweet sake!) to know about the PKD event.

You hammered him on that, I had read that a long time ago but I must admit that I did not recall it until I read your post (I am now experiencing post envy).

QuoteI also expect Ian to stop with the "I'm a nerd and can't help it" posture, evoking computers and technology all the time.

Week after week same shit from him a few have commented on that as well even a supporter or two of his.

This is just fucking great
QuoteIan later admitted he didn't know what DMT was.

Well goddamn it.

QuoteA caller spoke of an epiphany while using DMT.  Ian quickly  interjected with a question "How do you know what you experienced was real (about God), since it was chemically induced?" (versus Ian's own beliefs about religion while NOT on chemicals)

I find him very judgmental on others whom he does not agree with, he should be happy the person had an epiphany and less about how it came about.

QuoteHow can IAN know anything HE knows about religion when it is subject to HIS neuro chemical reactions?  I assume he believes he "had a calling."  Serotonin uptake or true Logos?  How can Ian tell?  Because he wasn't smoking a jay at calling time?

Game, set, match to Cam.

Dude post this on Iansufferable also if you can this is a very good post and well written.

(This is an intentional duplicate posting from my now dormant "Is Ian Punnett Spiraling Downward?" topic.  Thanks for requesting it, Centurion.  This should be considered the more current thread.)

Very disappointed in Ian on this past show (Feb 21/22, 2009).  At one point, he said he had never heard of the Panspermia theory and cracked a joke about how he wasn't going to fly  Panspermia airlines.

Har har har. 

Later he throws in his opinion on esoteric Qabalah when he clearly didn't know what the FUCK he was talking about.  He cited "Madonna" and her interest(s) to prove his point.

Fuck my old boots.

A caller attempts to explain how a recently deceased individual seems to have become a part of him.  The caller, searching for a way to describe it, says it is like being a double exposed photograph.

The guest, who has a book called "The Big Book of the Soul" or something (AKA BIG BOOK OF CRAP), incorrectly asserts the caller is possibly being possessed.  He completely ignores soul transmigration theory.

Ian then stupidly spews forth an analogy of a computer concurrently booting up with two different operating systems.  The caller reluctantly agrees.

No one brings up the famous case of Philip K Dick going through a similar event when Bishop James A. Pike died and Pike apparently became a tutelary spirit to PKD.  It's not as uncommon or crazy as Ian and the guest seemed to think.

I also expect Ian to stop with the "I'm a nerd and can't help it" posture, evoking computers and technology all the time. 

Defining the human condition - mainstream, metaphysical, or paranormal - by using a computer analogy is tantamount to describing any malady of the soul or brain by using a mousetrap, 8 track player, or steam engine as a metaphor.  Just because something is currently our cutting edge in technology does not mean it is appropriate to reference.  It shows a very shallow understanding of the quantum brain.

Ian later admitted he didn't know what DMT was. 

Well goddamn it.

A caller spoke of an epiphany while using DMT.  Ian quickly  interjected with a question "How do you know what you experienced was real (about God), since it was chemically induced?" (versus Ian's own beliefs about religion while NOT on chemicals)

The whole FUCKING BRAIN is chemically operated.

How can IAN know anything HE knows about religion when it is subject to HIS neuro chemical reactions?  I assume he believes he "had a calling."  Serotonin uptake or true Logos?  How can Ian tell?  Because he wasn't smoking a jay at calling time?

Very disappointed.  It was George Noory Lite and it sucked.

Sucked sucked sucked sucked sucked SUCKED.

To make things massively worse, we got a Smiley Face Killer update at the first of the show.

Nail me to the cross NOW.

NOW.

Gojira2006

;D Yes, I agree with many that Ian Punnett is annoyingly adolescent - but he's certainly a lot tougher on the guests than George Noory (which isn't saying much).   :o   Case in point - he roughed up Steve Quayle on April 19th, 2008.   ;D  But then, the next time he hosted the show, Punnett apologized for not being a good host to Quayle. ???  A good host like Noory, who never challenges wackos like Quayle . . . :P

wasitanangel

ian makes too big deal outta being a priest or whatever he is

Centurion73

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 25, 2009, 05:15:24 PM
ian makes too big deal outta being a priest or whatever he is

Well said, totally agree. I wonder why he hates to be called by his given name and refers to himself by his middle name? Some good reviews from other posters in weekends are Iansufferable too, I am not an Ian fan and I could use the help over there bashing him if you care to join in. His fans here get a little upset at times but we is a good bunch of creeps at heart.

Gojira2006

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 25, 2009, 05:41:07 PM
I am not an Ian fan and I could use the help over there bashing him if you care to join in. His fans here get a little upset at times but we is a good bunch of creeps at heart.

;) Isn't he an Episcopalian deacon . . . ?  Anyway, I get tired of hearing him talk about how he's going to preach the following day (if he's on C2C that Saturday prior) . . .  >:(  But that said, some of the more enjoyable shows for me were the ones he hosted with guests who came on to talk about religion, such as the Charles Pellegrino & Mike Heiser . . .  8)  I have a love/hate relationship with the Dipsy Deacon, which means that I love a good Ian bashing from time to time, too . . . !  ;D

EvB

QuoteHis fans here get a little upset at times but we is a good bunch of creeps at heart.

By "his fans here" Centurion means me.  Oh well - in the words of Penn Gillette:

"Guess what?  No one has a right to not be offended!"

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 25, 2009, 05:57:31 PM
By "his fans here" Centurion means me.  Oh well - in the words of Penn Gillette:

"Guess what?  No one has a right to not be offended!"

Ev, the statement was not directed just at you as Ian has some fans on here but I will agree you seem to be the Captain of the Tug Boat Punnett  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gojira2006 on February 23, 2009, 06:43:59 AM
...Punnett apologized for not being a good host to Quayle.
that's embarrassingly disappointing.

Gojira2006

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 26, 2009, 12:49:37 AM
that's embarrassingly disappointing.

:)  Yes - hopes raised - then hopes dashed . . . !  :'(

Centurion73

Thanks Cam, I asked you to post it here because it is so well written I hope everyone will read it, you bashing Ian does not hurt either ;D

Your knowledge encapsulated in it is impressive as well, I like how you can make it snarky without being an ass unlike myself, oh well.

Centurion73

I hope for all our sakes that the mighty Ian was only acting last night when he sounded shocked and in disbelief about "small/short stature children) Boys mainly in his account. He seemed confounded about the things the medical establishment has/had done to control it, can he really be that dense? Has he never heard of Growth hormone therapy, Leg Lengthening/Bone stretching surgery, etc? I hope he was trying to tease people into tuning in but... maybe you heard something different?

Centurion73

I have to say, I like Ian (shudder, shudder) when he is all fucked up. He seems to enjoy the "USE" of legal pain killers very much, I CAN respect that. I would like to hear him when he is on something other than weak ass Vicodin, love to hear him on Oxy or something like that. Hey Ian take three and get back to us  ;D.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 23, 2009, 01:00:34 AM

I thought that whole exchange was bizarre. The author of the book just blew the guy off and referred him to seek mental help, saying it might be a symptom of bi-polar or multiple personality disorder (I can't remember which one). His entire book and reason for being there could be the result of a mental disorder in a LOT of people's opinion! I thought the the caller's issue was very interesting, and expected a completely different response from the guest.

I am growing increasingly agitated about Ian cutting off caller's questions to get to even MORE callers. Some of the people he cuts off have some interesting questions or stories they are telling. He needs to realize it isn't a race to get to as many callers as possible. If someone has something to say, give them their time. It's quality, not quantity.

Centurion73

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 01, 2009, 10:26:44 PM
I am growing increasingly agitated about Ian cutting off caller's questions to get to even MORE callers. Some of the people he cuts off have some interesting questions or stories they are telling. He needs to realize it isn't a race to get to as many callers as possible. If someone has something to say, give them their time. It's quality, not quantity.

Bravo, well said, thank goodness there are a few more Ian detractors here now our numbers are starting to grow, watch out Ian supporters. Is an Ian supporter anything like an athletic supporter ?  ;D

danDNA

smoking cigars on the porch, dreams about his kids and prostitutes, hair replacement, anger management issues with both callers and guests, late-life interest in comic books, god botherer, belief that its quantity not quality that counts, pseudo self-depreciation, defensive, likes playing with little gadgets, owns a mac.

imma psychoanalyse Ian and send him the results.