Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 05:15:35 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2020, 06:49:43 PM
Speaking of Dave, I hate to think we all missed another opportunity for him to drop his Egyptian ancestry and ask penetrating questions about the role of aliens.
So true. It is likely the guest, or his agent, conveniently arranged it so that it would an Ian night.  Dave would've had a field day- proudly pronouncing some obscure Levant name correctly, while mispronouncing common English words like "powerful" and talking about upcoming shows in "FEB." They he would take over the discussion to opine about his vast knowledge of the Middle Eastern politics. And then segue into alien stuff- pointing out his appearances on ancient aliens. The only way the guest could stop it is if he points out the obvious: "So Mr.Norway, have you ever been there?" For someone with interest and family history it is strange that Mr. Norway has never traveled over there, any where.  Especially since he has had decades, many of which the regions were stable, in which to do so. Even Art went over to visit and he had no family connections there and preferred even more exotic Oriental locales for his shall-we-say tastes.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2020, 06:49:43 PM
Speaking of Dave, I hate to think we all missed another opportunity for him to drop his Egyptian ancestry and ask penetrating questions about the role of aliens.

Ian not only asked the guest about aliens building the pyramids, but whether anything that looked like a spaceship or UFO appeared in hieroglyphics.  The latter in particular elicited quite a chuckle from the guest.  For a high powered academic, he seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor.  I think he'd have taken Cleopatra in stride

Morgus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 13, 2020, 07:37:36 PM
Ian not only asked the guest about aliens building the pyramids, but whether anything that looked like a spaceship or UFO appeared in hieroglyphics.  The latter in particular elicited quite a chuckle from the guest.  For a high powered academic, he seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor.  I think he'd have taken Cleopatra in stride

They forgot to bring up the 3,000-year-old hieroglyphs found in Seti I's temple in Abydos, Egypt -  purported to show what looks like an airplane and a helicopter!


K_Dubb

Quote from: Morgus on December 13, 2020, 07:59:29 PM
They forgot to bring up the 3,000-year-old hieroglyphs found in Seti I's temple in Abydos, Egypt -  purported to show what looks like an airplane and a helicopter!



I see a '52 Chriscraft double-cabin flybridge there, too.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 13, 2020, 07:59:29 PM
They forgot to bring up the 3,000-year-old hieroglyphs found in Seti I's temple in Abydos, Egypt -  purported to show what looks like an airplane and a helicopter!


It looks like the top of Jackstar’s head is in the middle.  With a Spaceymeowmix cat perched on top.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2020, 08:32:53 PM
It looks like the top of Jackstar’s head is in the middle.  With a Spaceymeowmix cat perched on top.

I don't want to say "she gets around," because that definitely conveys a decidedly wrong-seeming connotation.

Nevertheless, it sure is true. I think it's more likely that we're on your mind and living rent free, however... but I'll tell you the honest truth the time travel does not work at all the way anyone thinks it does... And right about now, these days... that gal is benched. She ain't got nuttin' going on these days in the way of authorizations for "special travel."

That's not me enforcing that, or deciding that, but I can assure you all: I am in a position to know. Don't bother bringing this up to her, cuz she won't believe you and she'll get all nervous about it at the merest mention, but she's just running around in a little "pocket dimension" when she does seek to "special travel" in anyway at all. She's still a little too stressed to do anything that actually counts as reality in this area, but she gets panicky if she's suddenly discovers that she can't "travel" at all. My thing doesn't work like hers does at all--in fact I wouldn't even call it "time travel," that's a technically accurate term, but I'm not trying to just show off and talk fancy here, I am doing my level best to explain the peculiarities of the situation. I can imagine how I would suddenly feel if I suddenly were completely unable to turn my head to the left for reasons that seemed completely irrational,  but had everything to do with my own failures as a decent human being, I would feel pretty bad too. I probably not be spending a lot of my time doing what she's doing which appears to be low-tempo wild scramble about looking for proof positive that I don't really love her.

Apparently my devotion is really interfering with someone's plans. That's too bad. Also, I really don't think I'm going to put my head anywhere near that pussy for a while.

and just for the record, if anybody out there wants to try and convince her that I don't really love her and she should just tell me a bunch of lies and do whatever she wants, well far be it from me to stop anyone from learning the lessons they wish to learn.

In slightly related news: I heard from Rubini earlier and he was threatening to assuming for defamation, so if any of you crazy cats want to get in on that class action lawsuit action, somebody feels like they feel like saying.

Don't worry about me. I'm good. All y'all can let everything rip. Sounds nuts, right? I hope it does to you, cuz it's actually starting to all make sense, including the part where I linked her father to one of my posts here that I made here today that explains absolutely everything.

Reminder: Jackson is NOT to be trifled with, but I do happen to enjoy playing hardball. It is just a hobby, but I also happen to be undefeated.

/Flex.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2020, 08:32:53 PM
It looks like the top of Jackstar’s head is in the middle.  With a Spaceymeowmix cat perched on top.

Isn't that a toboggan much like @K_Dubb undoubtedly has there in the lower right corner?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on December 13, 2020, 09:02:43 PMbut had everything to do with my own failures as a decent human being

:'(


ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 13, 2020, 09:04:13 PM
Isn't that a toboggan much like @K_Dubb undoubtedly has there in the lower right corner?
Heh, heh, heh... you mean a K_Dubb hood ornament?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 13, 2020, 08:08:27 PM
I see a '52 Chriscraft double-cabin flybridge there, too.


Those Pharoahs were rboating the Nile in style! I liked that Ian defended Heyerdahl last night.

DesertFox

That producer/shaman guy with Ian the other night was a good guest.  Some smart interesting things there.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: DesertFox on January 10, 2021, 09:06:35 AM
That producer/shaman guy with Ian the other night was a good guest.  Some smart interesting things there.

Ian seemed more interested in who Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant were sleeping with than the witch doctor stories.  I did get a chuckle out of the old gal who called "Friedberg" by another stereotypical Jewish name, I think "Goldbaum."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 10, 2021, 11:48:44 AM
Ian seemed more interested in who Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant were sleeping with than the witch doctor stories.  I did get a chuckle out of the old gal who called "Friedberg" by another stereotypical Jewish name, I think "Goldbaum."
Snowing here, which is weird but listening to that show now while ensuring everything protected by the cold, getting some gas, and taking out the trash etc before it gets too snowy. No surprise that Ian is focusing on the prurient interests and less on the shaman stuff. Ian is a weird Deacon, he is always wanting salacious details and makes weird personal asides about pornography, drinking, prostitution, homos, etc often and so this guest is right up his alley.

I haven't reached the old lady "Goldbaum" comment yet but that will be funny!

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 10, 2021, 11:48:44 AM
Ian seemed more interested in who Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant were sleeping with than the witch doctor stories.  I did get a chuckle out of the old gal who called "Friedberg" by another stereotypical Jewish name, I think "Goldbaum."
The old lady said "Goldstein" and wanted to know how he "got the answers about what went on the bunker with Hitler that night." I was Ian would've had him on longer about Africa, the wars against communists, post-colonialism, and mining. Oscar in Dallas tried to get the "farmer murders" and white genocide going on in Africa but Ian shut that down, of course.

Contrary to guest's claims, Black African soldiers were used by the South African forces and especially in other countries were used, natives being great trackers and obviously whites were outnumbered. But not members of regular military,normally. There are various scandals about pensions and lack of support for them. Sort of like how British loyal subjects weren't treated as well (pensions, settlement to Britain, etc) as native British troops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32_Battalion_(South_Africa) 

https://news.sky.com/story/the-black-soldiers-who-risked-their-lives-for-south-africa-and-only-got-a-bicycle-in-return-12173977

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/7/8/south-africa-honours-black-soldiers-killed-in-ww1



Robert

Quote from: albrecht on January 10, 2021, 02:58:13 PMThe old lady said "Goldstein"
I thought all sufficiently old people become Jewish.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 10, 2021, 02:58:13 PM
The old lady said "Goldstein" and wanted to know how he "got the answers about what went on the bunker with Hitler that night." I was Ian would've had him on longer about Africa, the wars against communists, post-colonialism, and mining. Oscar in Dallas tried to get the "farmer murders" and white genocide going on in Africa but Ian shut that down, of course.

Contrary to guest's claims, Black African soldiers were used by the South African forces and especially in other countries were used, natives being great trackers and obviously whites were outnumbered. But not members of regular military,normally. There are various scandals about pensions and lack of support for them. Sort of like how British loyal subjects weren't treated as well (pensions, settlement to Britain, etc) as native British troops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32_Battalion_(South_Africa) 

https://news.sky.com/story/the-black-soldiers-who-risked-their-lives-for-south-africa-and-only-got-a-bicycle-in-return-12173977

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/7/8/south-africa-honours-black-soldiers-killed-in-ww1

Yeah, I caught the comment about there being no blacks in the South African military.  Blacks served in not only the SA forces, but in the Rhodesian and Portuguese militaries fighting Communists in Africa in the 60-70s. In SA, the Selous Scouts were particularly feared by the Communist guerillas.

albrecht

Good ol' Gordon got on with Ian regarding student loan debt. The first, or one of the first callers. Economist, or someone using those terms, called in to question total student debt forgiveness and guest freaked out and almost yelled/ranted 'you are using Swamp talking points'- this from a guy with clearly liberal views but kept trying to appeal to 'red states.'

The 'joy' guest seemed somewhat legit and had some good points, as did Ian, but then he got into magnetic frequency differences between your head and your feet based on resonances of the earth and then into the usual 'shakrah' stuff. I laughed with Ian said that 'he did yoga' but then did back-pedal and said 'it was a few years ago, with his wife.' Considering his girth. It was not a surprise that the Deacon would do Eastern religious stuff though.

DesertFox

Ian had a smart lady on last night talking intelligently about sex robots and other things.   Yikes on the dude calling in talking about how he had a sex robot and preferred it to those damn liberated women libbers--lol!

albrecht

Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Ian had a smart lady on last night talking intelligently about sex robots and other things.   Yikes on the dude calling in talking about how he had a sex robot and preferred it to those damn liberated women libbers--lol!
He is a strange Deacon. Always with personal anecdotes about porn, vibrators, booze, and such. I wonder if he will question guest if vegan meat would satisfy Lent restrictions, not that his church has them, really. Or if 'vegan' pork meat would be ok for Joose or Muzzies? She just said "kosher bacon" will be possible!

DesertFox

Well he never talks about using porn or boozing, etc--just that he's not uptight about talking about it as a subject.  In fact he says he never drinks except for a bit of wine.  The one's you worry about are the moralists like Falwell who get then get caught with hand in the candy store.

albrecht

Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 11:58:06 AM
Well he never talks about using porn or boozing, etc--just that he's not uptight about talking about it as a subject.  In fact he says he never drinks except for a bit of wine.  The one's you worry about are the moralists like Falwell who get then get caught with hand in the candy store.
Yeah, too often those hands not just in the candy store. Though Ian often makes some strange references, for a Deacon. And it was cough medicine, or something, that explained the Hoover ramblings that night. 

One of the better lines I've heard a C2C host say!  Ian to gal: "what's the...success rate for this purple sarcophagus of death?"   

His weird quick laugh when she said that she spoke to the first person to try to use it though was creepy.

Guest was really good and bright person. Essentially the sex robots, fake meat, and the death pods are rich people trying to sell you a sense of control without risking social interaction or work.

DesertFox

Yeah to me, Ian has a side to him that's still a naughty schoolboy who giggles at sex stuff--harmless though cute or annoying depending on your perspective.  Interesting mixture with his intellectual side.

albrecht

Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 12:14:25 PM
Yeah to me, Ian has a side to him that's still a naughty schoolboy who giggles at sex stuff--harmless though cute or annoying depending on your perspective.  Interesting mixture with his intellectual side.
Yeah.

I like the guest. And Ian pushing back and engaging, when she went in a 'feminist' rant. I like her points about technology they selling us, though I imagine we differ politically on several issues.

Ian: "This is the stuff of dystopia nightmares."

But laughing earlier while shoveling some snow, at the thought that she would've been on with Mr.Norway, not Ian. The questions and comments Dave would have made me chuckle.

Jackstar

Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
a smart lady on last night talking intelligently about sex robots

Quincunx Analytics.


Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Yikes on the dude calling in talking about how he had a sex robot and preferred it to those damn liberated women libbers--lol!

I am not sure what liberated means anymore. I'm not sure how a sex robot is supposed to help with anything. It seems like more trouble than it's worth.

That being said, it's only recently that I became able to reliably catch tail. I would like a sex robot that would help me level up my seduction skill. Oh, right, yeah, that one.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: DesertFox on February 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Ian had a smart lady on last night talking intelligently about sex robots and other things.   Yikes on the dude calling in talking about how he had a sex robot and preferred it to those damn liberated women libbers--lol!

I really enjoyed this interview, reminded me of Ian's shows with Mary Roach. 


Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod