• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 02, 2009, 10:40:45 AM
Last night at the end Ian was saying how great the south is and that it teaches manners and respect unlike the great unwashed masses of those in the north and his delusional guest agreed saying how gentile and correct the south is. I guess Ian forgot about Slavery that was about respect and manners right Deacon Ian?

Aww C'mon - you are twisting that.  What I heard was Ian saying that southerners tend to be more subtle and polite, while northerners tend to be more frank and abrupt.  A gross generalization,an not, in my experience, exactly accurate,  but not without reason - and HARDLY as gross or as broad and general you've made it seem.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on January 02, 2009, 04:13:02 PM
Aww C'mon - you are twisting that.  What I heard was Ian saying that southerners tend to be more subtle and polite, while northerners tend to be more frank and abrupt.  A gross generalization,an not, in my experience, exactly accurate,  but not without reason - and HARDLY as gross or as broad and general you've made it seem.

Not sure what I am twisting but you are entitled to your opinion, if someone has stream link and whats to supply a transcript we could compare and contrast opinions. I did not mean to imply that Ian supported slavery but to say they are more refined and polite is really laughable.

slipstream

It seems that some people just love to hate.

EvB

Quote from: slipstream on January 02, 2009, 10:19:51 PM

Yeah and God knows that there are some of us who are above that - the fact that we frequent a site called George Noory Sucks not withstanding.

/sarcasm     8)

Centurion73

Quote from: slipstream on January 02, 2009, 10:19:51 PM

God created hate & yes most people love it, it is what makes one religion think it is superior to the next, one person superior to another.

Boomer

What it all really comes down to in the end is we have Two Mindless Idiots occupying an enormous amount of bandwidth of Latenight Radio and they both SUCK! One of these fools is the "King of Suck" and the other is the "Suck of Suck", my question is who gets which title. It's obvious Premier is the "Suckor" and the two misfits are the "Suckee's". The only people that fail to fall on the same level as these two "Suckee's" are Art Bell and George Knapp.

Whats with "I'am Punfartbuttboy"  doing the psychic stuff, aren't psychics the messengers of the DEVIL??? Doe's God like what you're doing??? He's gonna whip your fat little ass when you reach those Pearly Gates Boy!!! So is he trying to prove his worth to Premier for throwing guests off and arguing with them if they didn't kiss the Plastic Baby Jesus Statue on the air? I see an image change for this fat little weasel in hopes of Snorry getting his own TV Show (we all know that ain't gonna happen) and leaving C2C and to suck the limelight from Knapp's splendid performances on the show. Hell...all Knapp has to do is just show up for work...lol

I haven't listened to any of his Broadcast Garbage and very little of Snoorys, thank God for Streamlink so I can cull through this crap radio show.

puddintame

Back to Ian Punnett for a minute.  I have always felt that he gives his very best for C2C.  His preparations for his guests speak well.  Someone on this thread said, and I concur, that at least he to tries to read guests' books and become familiar with their work and points of view.  No one can say that for the GSnoreDope, and that is for sure.  Now that I've commended Ian, I must admit that I rarely ever listen to him--if that says anything about his programs.  He usually doesn't plan many Coast-type shows--or, are the producers or someone doing the scheduling for him?

puddintame

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 02, 2009, 11:52:08 PM
God created hate & yes most people love it, it is what makes one religion think it is superior to the next, one person superior to another.

Well, Mr. Centurion 73, I am sorry for you that you are so unhappy with the world and all of it people.  Do you ever have kind words or good opinions about anything or anyone?  Can anyone help with your negative thoughts on every issue or person who is mentioned at all--ever?  Could you step back and look in the mirror and maybe come up any positive comments at all?  It is truly terrible for anyone to be as pitifully miserable as all of your comments make you appear to be!  Poor Baby!

Centurion73

Quote from: puddintame on January 03, 2009, 12:43:39 AM
Well, Mr. Centurion 73, I am sorry for you that you are so unhappy with the world and all of it people.  Do you ever have kind words or good opinions about anything or anyone?  Can anyone help with your negative thoughts on every issue or person who is mentioned at all--ever?  Could you step back and look in the mirror and maybe come up any positive comments at all?  It is truly terrible for anyone to be as pitifully miserable as all of your comments make you appear to be!  Poor Baby!

I am not unhappy at all thank you for your concern. Yes, I have kind words and many good opinions they may not coincide with yours. I try and look at a situation and statement from several angles and digest them all, you should try it, expand your horizons.

QuoteIt is truly terrible for anyone to be as pitifully miserable as all of your comments make you appear to be!

Proof of miserable, or your definition of it?

Centurion73

Now Ms. Puddintame,f you would ever like to have a philosophical, educated discussion or find out why or how
QuoteGod created hate & yes most people love it, it is what makes one religion think it is superior to the next, one person superior to another.
you are always free to inquire if you so choose.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 28, 2008, 12:13:08 AM

Errr .. .  may I ask you something?

WHAT are you babbling about!??!

Honest - I'm lost.

Oh my dear.  You are an innocent ignorant young thing with no knowledge and experience.  Sorry you are unable to catch on.  It is grown-up stuff, darling.  You don't have a clue, but you haven't had a chance.
? Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 01:35:21 AM by puddintame ?

Ah, I'm sorry.  Hang in there, Sweetie, you will wise up one of these days. In the meantime, I will break the law about giving booze to minors--how about enjoying a Screwdriver with me?  (I have a lot of OJ left over from our Christmas Breakfast Mimosas.)

"Change"...he said.

An X-Rated Inaugural?

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Barack Obama has chosen a poet who will read at his oath of office. Let's just say it won't be Robert Frost musing that "the land was ours." And you may not want your children near the TV.

Ho ho ho!  'Tis the season.  "I'm just flabbergasted at how angry and defensive the libs get..." period.  You said it PKA!  Hell, the lefties won, right?  The righties lived through 8 yrs of Bush bashing.  It seems to me that the Libs might just relax, cool off, and enjoy.  No?  So Al Gore didn't win.  Get over it.

Oh!  Were you there?  Your Messiah has cometh and of course, he can do no wrong.  ""The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  Do you keep trying to reassure yourself, or what?  The President-Elect is really only just a politician like all the rest of them, I'm sorry to say.  I have a lot of patience (and Christian faith) and pray that Mr. BHO will deliver on at least a few of his promises.  Lord knows, this country needs some divine intervention these days!  We can agree on that much, right?

Well, Virginia, there really is no Santa Claus.  Do you really believe everything the pols say?  This is getting boring.  Let's just, together, hope for the best.  What say you?

QuoteI have a lot of patience (and Christian faith)

Yes, apparently I am negative, interesting. OH, your patience and christian faith is showing  ;D

puddintame

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 03, 2009, 01:15:59 AM
Now Ms. Puddintame,f you would ever like to have a philosophical, educated discussion or find out why or how you are always free to inquire if you so choose.

Hell no.  You have nothing to offer that might possibly ever interest me.  You are so glib with your incredible ego and obnoxious impression of your "fantastically" clever self that you can spew out your nastiness 24/7 without me.  No contest, Hot Shot.  You win.   Since you know everything about everything and everyone, I will just sit back and watch your brilliance completely dazzle us all.   ;D

Centurion73

Quote from: puddintame on January 03, 2009, 05:24:29 AM
Hell no.  You have nothing to offer that might possibly ever interest me.  You are so glib with your incredible ego and obnoxious impression of your "fantastically" clever self that you can spew out your nastiness 24/7 without me.  No contest, Hot Shot.  You win.   Since you know everything about everything and everyone, I will just sit back and watch your brilliance completely dazzle us all.   ;D

With all due respect you know nothing about me but you so characteristically in christian like form judge others, so Christ like of you. I have never though myself cleaver or better than anyone else and I admit that I have flaws of humanity that are universal to most somewhat "stable" humans.

As for having nothing that may possible interest you that is your decision and your right and that I respect. However, when you spout off assumptions, suppositions, or just straight delusion thoughts, or ramblings it may be challenged. It is not my problem that you do not have the tools and or facts to back up and or support your statements, ah, but you have faith, I see. 

Your own words have proven you as being what you accuse me of, are you a descendent of Joseph Goebbels? It is you that appears to have the answers for all, did the really use spikes on you when you were nailed to the cross?

slipstream

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 02, 2009, 11:52:08 PM

God/religion is a concept that human beings created.  When Centurion73 says that God created hate he seems to really mean that human beings through their belief in a God created hate. Also, that people would put their own creation of God up against others creation in God.  Therefore, hate is a product of a belief in God, but also the idea that one's God is superior to another's God.

Centurion73, do I have this correct?

EvB

Quote from: puddintame on January 03, 2009, 05:24:29 AM

I'm with danDNA here - WTF?

puddintame -- you make up the most bizarre, and extraordinarily inaccurate - "back stories" about people here.  You clearly don't know anything about them, not even what little one could glean from their public posts if the time was taken to read them in context.

With rare, if any exception, your posts seem aimed at some fantasy creatures in your head.  I've yet to see one that actually showed some sense of the person to whom you were replying.

There is noting in the TOS that says you can't have imaginary dialogue with your fantasy images of the people here.  We all do to one degree or another. We don't' know each other in RL for the most part and even still, I don't think anyone ever understands another completely.

But yours, puddintame, are so utterly off the wall that they are, for me at least, becoming tedious.

Just my opinion.

Now, perhaps if you'd take the time to introduce us to your imaginary friends, rather than project them onto us, we'd understand better.

Centurion73

Quote from: slipstream on January 03, 2009, 11:45:50 AM
     God/religion is a concept that human beings created.  When Centurion73 says that God created hate he seems to really mean that human beings through their belief in a God created hate. Also, that people would put their own creation of God up against others creation in God.  Therefore, hate is a product of a belief in God, but also the idea that one's God is superior to another's God.

Centurion73, do I have this correct?

Such an enlightened and critically thinking mind of yours, you have nailed it very succinctly and I dare say better than I ever could, thank you for the discourse and your input.

Centurion73

I would like to say to all that I am not here to offend any of you, your causes, or beliefs. I am here (this is not for a pat on the back but I will take a reach around) because be it I agree with you or not this place seems to me to have some real great minds of all types and I find that fascinating, it helps me understand others better. In my line of work I need that to be the best I can be. I could, given the power that I have entrusted in me, be a tyrant and there would be really nothing anyone could do about it other than kill me. Bad thing is that there are worse things than death and I gave up fearing death a long time ago.

Note to all: I employ the Socratic Method in trying to understand issues, if this type of questioning & reasoning are not your cup of tea or you do not even know what it is just ignore my post and or questions.

I hope that all of you always question me and make me see another side, to see your side, in doing so you make my horizons bigger and better even if I do not agree with you or you agree with me.

Thank you all!

Frys Girl

Centurion! You are right about him being a more "dangerous kind of suck". I listened last night, so guess what, I LIED!

He treats his guests like crap. He treats callers pretty badly too if he doesn't like them. At least Snoory maintains his <plain wow> tag until the end. I also agree with what you say about using religion to mask it. I'm tired of his stupid rants. It's funny someone told him thanks and this and that and Ian goes "well I'm not always patient. hahahaha" and the caller was like "uh ok". Moron!

Frys Girl

I'm tired of him referring to his computer or lighting problems. turn on a god damn LIGHT if you are discussing a book you idiot. These guys (noory and ian phuckett) have the best jobs. seriously, these are men who should be thanking yahweh every damn day to be paid to be such crappy radio personalities and be paid regularly for it. it's not a fair world. never really was i guess.

Centurion was it just me, or did Joe the Plumber call last night. I swear it was him! But I was half asleep and freaking out about the flying squirrels who have made a home in my shower fan. Ugh.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 03, 2009, 07:46:48 PM
I'm tired of him referring to his computer or lighting problems. turn on a god damn LIGHT if you are discussing a book you idiot. These guys (noory and ian phuckett) have the best jobs. seriously, these are men who should be thanking yahweh every damn day to be paid to be such crappy radio personalities and be paid regularly for it. it's not a fair world. never really was i guess..

Holly fuck you have summed up these two scam artist so nicely and as for "ian phuckett" you my dear are amazing, hahhhahahha.

I know every week Ian has tech problems every fucking show, I mean come on have you ever ran a fucking show in your life Ian?

I don't know if it was Joe the fake ass non-union apprentice scab plumber, I am sorry I cannot help you with that. I have been having migraines for a week and was in and out of reality and I think I missed that.

EvB

Okay -- there is ONE THING I can agree on here without reservation.  If he doesn't stop going on about that damned MAC of his - I'm going to go mad and BITE!

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on January 03, 2009, 09:13:10 PM
Okay -- there is ONE THING I can agree on here without reservation.  If he doesn't stop going on about that damned MAC of his - I'm going to go mad and BITE!

Please EvB this is a family oriented thread, I think you are looking for Frys sexual thread  ;D

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 03, 2009, 09:44:10 PM
Please EvB this is a family oriented thread, I think you are looking for Frys sexual thread  ;D

Nah - I already humiliated myself there once.  That's enough.  8)

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 03, 2009, 07:44:52 PM
Centurion! You are right about him being a more "dangerous kind of suck". I listened last night, so guess what, I LIED!

He treats his guests like crap. He treats callers pretty badly too if he doesn't like them. At least Snoory maintains his <plain wow> tag until the end. I also agree with what you say about using religion to mask it. I'm tired of his stupid rants. It's funny someone told him thanks and this and that and Ian goes "well I'm not always patient. hahahaha" and the caller was like "uh ok". Moron!

I try and listen to Ian but usually turn it off, I have not listened to Noory for about two months or so but I will try and tune in here or there just to see if Noory got a clue and somehow grew a brain. So listening now and then or trying is not really a lie on your part futile maybe but a lie no.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on January 03, 2009, 09:51:51 PM
Nah - I already humiliated myself there once.  That's enough.  8)

Um, yeah, Ken Berry? I think that was more disturbing than Frys revelations hahhahaha.

No, it is a good thread and no one should be humiliated to post whatever on there unless of course it involves Noory, Tommy, and Troy all oiled up and small furry creatures, shudder.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 03, 2009, 10:23:02 PM
Um, yeah, Ken Berry? I think that was more disturbing than Frys revelations hahhahaha.

Well, yeah - but in my dream . . ..  DAMN!   :o

ACTUALLY -- what is most vivid in my mind about this dream isn't the sex - though that's vivid enough.  It was conversations we had (in "dream time" this all went on for a couple of days) and where we were - an inn in upstate NY that he (the KB figure) had purchased and refurbished down to the most amazing historic detail - kinda Shaker-cum-Amish.

Now - if y'all didn't already know I'm an odd duck . . . .

Boomer

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 03, 2009, 10:02:39 PM
to see if Noory got a clue and somehow grew a brain

Nothings gonna happen with Snorry or the Weasel until they are both subjected to some SERIOUS GENETIC ALTERATION!!!

My God why hast thou forsaken me and put the "I'am-a Punfart" on for 3 nights in a row, talk about Burnout!

EvB

Quote from: Boomer on January 03, 2009, 11:56:05 PM

My God why hast thou forsaken me and put the "I'am-a Punfart" on for 3 nights in a row, talk about Burnout!

Oh cool!  It's IAN night!  I got so busy I forgot.  Time to turn on c2c -

Thanks for the reminder, Boomer.   :)

Centurion73

Quote from: Boomer on January 03, 2009, 11:56:05 PM
Nothings gonna happen with Snorry or the Weasel until they are both subjected to some SERIOUS GENETIC ALTERATION!!!

I feel your pain and Ian has been especially annoying and really should never attempt to do a prediction show or any show ever again. I only heard a few minutes of the show last night and a caller presented him with news that the psychotic he was fawning over (IMO) just pulled the Yellow Stone prediction from past news of two weeks. Of Course Ian once again patted himself on the back stating "I keep my ear pretty low to the ground and I have not [been] aware of that"? Iam stated he is up on the news, reads a lot, why the fuck does he give us "information" weeks and months old and he reports it like its a scoop. Dude, stop being a FANBOY and try reading some relevant news sources other than Iamamiddleagecomicbookgeek.com or physorg.com please EVB or a fan send him some new sights, please...

Good news Boomer is that the radio Gods have smiled upon you for your suffering. Ian the self flagellating for all to hear, the overworked one show a week guy, will be off next weekend bad news is he will play the Sony Bono show again, hahahhaha.