• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Minneapolis/St.paul riots

Started by nooryisawesome, May 28, 2020, 07:48:30 PM

GravitySucks

If they would just set up a couple of tents around Lafayette Park and pass out MDMA or mushrooms, the world would be a much better place. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2020, 09:22:49 AM
I trust them more than the communist inflitrators who want to tyrannically rule over me.

That's exactly what the Germans said in the 1930s. To spare you looking it up, it didn't turn out well.

Juan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2020, 07:00:29 AM
All but the first has nothing to do with race. You want to know what systemic racism is? You just showed it. Here's another one: electing the first mixed-race president, only to be told he isn't really American. Not only that, electing the man responsible for popularising it president.
You’ve fallen into the trap of commenting on a culture you don’t understand as you don’t live here.  Everything is racist at some time or another under the situational ethics of out times. Welcome to the Gramscian USA.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Juan on June 06, 2020, 09:59:05 AM
You’ve fallen into the trap of commenting on a culture you don’t understand as you don’t live here.  Everything is racist at some time or another under the situational ethics of out times. Welcome to the Gramscian USA.

On the subject of talking about things you don't understand (we'll leave aside the Gramsci reference, which isnt fooling anybody), situational ethics means that something is not necessarily wrong in every circumstance. Lying is wrong. Lying to the Nazis that Anne Frank isn't in the attic, isn't. Only a monster or a cretin would claim otherwise.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2020, 09:45:54 AM
That's exactly what the Germans said in the 1930s. To spare you looking it up, it didn't turn out well.

I don’t think it’s a record but it didn’t take you long at all to steer things back to the Nazis. Predictably lame cuz you got nowhere else to go.::) ::)

ItsOver

It always comes back to Nazis.  ;D

"Boo!"

Gd5150

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2020, 07:00:29 AM
All but the first has nothing to do with race. You want to know what systemic racism is? You just showed it. Here's another one: electing the first mixed-race president, only to be told he isn't really American. Not only that, electing the man responsible for popularising it president.

Always nice when Fabio can remove his head from his ass to remind of us his ignorance. Of course as everyone educated in politics knows, the Clinton campaign was the first to share the fact Obama wasn’t qualified to be president. Just like they started the Russia Collusion hoax that he fell for by hiring Fusion GPS to create the Steele Dossier. I better stop, this is already way above his pay grade. Back to your anal cavity, say hi to Don Lemon for us.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2020, 10:13:37 AM
Lying is wrong. Lying to the DEA that the weed isn't in the attic, isn't. Only a monster or a cretin would claim otherwise.

I can't believe this guy keeps getting away from it. This madman must be stopped at any cost. How absolutely dare he?

ItsOver

Breaking â€" Buffalo cops charged with 2nd-degree assault…

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/hundreds-of-supporters-of-suspended-cops-march-in-buffalo/

If you think LEO is bad now, it's only going to get worse or non-existent in some areas.  Who in their right mind would want to be cop, these days?

WOTR

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2020, 07:50:32 AM
Lockdown protests: according to people like you they're just patriotic Americans who want freedom.

Protests against police brutality: they're hooligans trying to bring down the country.

As I said in a previous post, I no longer care about CoronaChan. Let heard immunity be the solution...

But you have reversed the chronological order of events. The lockdown protests were first with mostly the "left" being upset by them and accusing the protesters of reckless behaviour.

Now those same officials and individuals are saying that the exact same actions (only spread over a week instead of a day) are not a cause for concern, because "racism." If they even said that they were mistaken in their position on the lockdown protests, maybe you could overlook the hypocrisy. Instead they double down by saying that the lockdown protests were racist and wrong, where these are a "public health" necessity.

As for protests against police brutality- go for it. But to say that at least some in the crowd are not hooligans is intellectually dishonest. I'm a little disappointed to have to post the Webster definition of hooliganism for a Brit. "rowdy, violent, or destructive behavior." One might think that throwing bricks and setting a city on fire would be considered by most people to be the actions of hooligans.

WOTR

This is the type of hypocrisy and bullshit that gets me. A couple of weeks ago, this is the statement of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer around the protesters she did not agree with.

"These protests, they do undermine the effort, and it’s very clearly a political statement that is playing out where people are coming together from across the state, they are congregating, they’re not wearing masks, they are not staying 6 feet apart, and then, they go back home into communities, and the risk of perpetuating the spread of COVID-19 is real."

Now, she has left in place her legislation around protests, social distancing and COVID orders. What does her own state website say as of today? "Persons may engage in expressive activities protected by the First Amendment within the State of Michigan but must adhere to social distancing measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including remaining at least six feet from people from outside the person’s household,"

Shall we check out a picture of her a day ago?

https://twitter.com/LynnAfendoulis/status/1268623499142279168

And, because we are living in Orwell's 1984, rather than admitting that the governor may have made an error in judgement or even made a mistake in her understanding of what 6 feet looks like, a spokeswoman for Whitmer denied the governor violated her own social distancing guidelines by attending the protests.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 05, 2020, 07:02:40 PM
You made me zoom in out of professional curiosity as a -- what is a male seamstress? a seamer? -- and I will never forgive you.

Aw, sweetie.  :(

You have threatened that before. But after some cuddling and whispered "sweet nothings" we are back to being friends...  :)

Asuka Langley

(((they))) wont let this happen but it will be interesting to watch LOL!

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269359115614093312

Juan

We all know we’re under a surveillance state.  Who here thinks “they” don’t know all about how the riots were organized, how the bricks got to strategic places, and how they chose where to loot and burn?

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on June 06, 2020, 03:22:38 PM
Aw, sweetie.  :(

You have threatened that before. But after some cuddling and whispered "sweet nothings" we are back to being friends...  :)

Darling  :-* how well you know my fickle little ways!

Jackstar

https://youtu.be/3aFgIhy_Rwc

Quote from: Juan on June 06, 2020, 05:48:08 PM
We all know we’re under a surveillance state.

Shhhhhh... GF still steadfastly claims They're not consistently watchin' Us makin' whoopee. Let Us allow the Keeping of her delusions for just one more day.

Boy, are my arms tired. All this /flexing is rough.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 06, 2020, 06:07:22 PM
Darling  :-*

Once again, I'm going to caution you on your use of racial slurs.

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 06, 2020, 06:07:22 PM
how well you know my fickle little ways!

GF asks, "do you happen to know an Ondo?" Don't shoot the messenger; I'm just a patsy.

whoozit

Are there any riots planned this weekend against the buggery of kangaroos?  I need a new tv.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2020, 06:57:08 PM
How dare they not. How dare they! >:(

"Bow down to me!  I am the chosen one."